Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Jul 10, 2007 Read more: CBC News 582,530
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#451677 Jun 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
Hi.
I think many conflate free-thinking with "free association".
I have no issue with anyone posting whatever pops into their mind unto the thread; it does become problematic in this medium when these random thoughts are proffered as "points", positions in a debate or rebuttals sans any actual evidence or empirical support.
The eventual appeal to quasi-authority (well-phrased, BTW) and the equally inexorable rejoinder (i.e. changing the subject when prior "point" is thwarted) is a sign of a lack of critical thinking skills.
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan:
I am in total agreement here with your thoughts on the subject.
At this time, I am learning the issues of mercy and justice of God. And the leading of the Spirit in both areas. It would seem to me, in longer, and deeper understanding, and introspection on the subject, I find being moved from one to the other. Perhaps as a sort of carrot and stick approach. To much of one and not the other produces all sorts of eccentricities....
"it does become problematic in this medium when these random thoughts are proffered as "points", positions in a debate or rebuttals sans any actual evidence or empirical support."

- please provide your "actual evidence and empirical support" that supports your belief in that:
- Jesus actually lived,
- that GoThomas was stated by "God" as not inspired,
- and that Jesus actually rose in bodily form, from the dead.

I'll wait.
Anthony MN

United States

#451678 Jun 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Around the year 50AD.
What about Peter?
I've seen as early as AD 42 as reported by Eusebius and says he preached til he was martyred around AD 67.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#451679 Jun 13, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked you first.
Why are the disciples of the apostles sending letters to Rome and calling it the Catholic Church in AD 100?
Your wife said St. Paul wrote to the Christians in Rome. When exactly do you two suggest the Catholic Church took over?
And quit screaming all the time.
~~~

Capitals letter are for emphases...for the blind such as you are..

WHAT YOU ARE TELLING EVERY ONE HERE IS THAT WHEN PAUL WRITE THE SCRIPTURES

(Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Rom 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.)

HE WAS WRITING TO THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH..THAT HAD SPLINTERED OFF FROM THE REAL TRUE CHURCH .....

AND WAS ALREADY DEEP INTO IDOLATRY....RIGHT?

THEY DID NOT LISTEN TO HIM THEN... AND WONT LISTEN NOW...
truth prevails

Duluth, GA

#451680 Jun 13, 2013
The Saints we honor as Catholic Christians are given to us as examples to emulate as well as intercessors to assist us in responding to our vocation. They are companions on the journey; men and women like us who responded to God's invitation to become like Jesus. They pray for us because we are joined with them in the eternal communion of love. They put legs on the Gospel, showing us what holiness looks like. However, if we stop there, we miss the mark. Missing the mark is the translation of the Hebrew word often translated "sin" in the Old Testament. We are called to become saints.

http://www.catholic.org/homily/yearoffaith/st...

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#451681 Jun 13, 2013
Well ... so much for Jesus being a teacher of love and mercy and forgiveness and all that other mooshy stuff!

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Signs & Symbols in Christian Art

The World Beyond.

Hell, or Limbo, is portrayed in Renaissance painting as a cavelike place, crowed with those who await His coming. When its gates are shown, they are being trampled beneath Christ’s feet.
truth prevails

Duluth, GA

#451682 Jun 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Well ... so much for Jesus being a teacher of love and mercy and forgiveness and all that other mooshy stuff!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
The World Beyond.
Hell, or Limbo, is portrayed in Renaissance painting as a cavelike place, crowed with those who await His coming. When its gates are shown, they are being trampled beneath Christ’s feet.
As should all evil be trampled underneath the feet of Christ. I suggest you get yourself a suit of armor god denier for you are going to be stamped out by Christ the King!

Terrace, Canada

#451683 Jun 13, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Yea,I don't doubt you'll let them cut ahead in line.
Which line are you "following" Jumper?

If you are following a Jew, you better get busy studying Judaism, as your time on earth could be over at any moment.

And when you arrive at the pearly gates, don't forget to address his highness as Rabboni. He will love you for showing that respect ... maybe!

It does seem however that gods can also be fickle. Trampling sinners in hell with holy feet is not really good manners, even if one IS a god.

Terrace, Canada

#451684 Jun 13, 2013
truth prevails wrote:
<quoted text>
As should all evil be trampled underneath the feet of Christ. I suggest you get yourself a suit of armor god denier for you are going to be stamped out by Christ the King!
You enjoy that posturing on behalf of a god ... don't you now???

But the god that favors only the Jews might not be impressed with how you Christians seem to believe you can order him to love you.

And don't forget that according to theology, he created evil, so with your slick sermons on the mount of your ego, you might not be able to pull the wool over HIS eyes.

tongue in cheek

Location hidden

#451685 Jun 13, 2013
Dan...Anthony--Just Sayin and other uneducated of the Catholic denomination...

Some excommunications, however, are automatic (effective at the moment the act is committed) and without the intervention of the Church. Catholics are automatically excommunicated for committing these offenses:

Procuring of abortion

Apostasy: The total rejection of the Christian faith.

Heresy: The obstinate post-baptismal denial of some truth, which must be believed with divine and Catholic faith.

Schism: The rejection of the authority and jurisdiction of the pope as head of the Church.

Desecration of sacred species (Holy Communion)

Physical attack on the pope

Sacramental absolution of an accomplice in sin against the Sixth and Ninth Commandments

Unauthorized episcopal (bishop) consecration

Direct violation of confessional seal by confessor

Note:
6th Commandment “Thou shalt not commit adultery.”
9th Commandment "“Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s wife.”"

Therein is the rub!!!! They excommunicate people for an offense, if committed, per Scripture, allows for a divorce, and a remarriage in church!!!!

Terrace, Canada

#451686 Jun 13, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen as early as AD 42 as reported by Eusebius and says he preached til he was martyred around AD 67.
All that sappy slop was probably written much later by Catholic theologians that earned their livings by writing monstrosities of lies.
Anthony MN

United States

#451687 Jun 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Capitals letter are for emphases...for the blind such as you are..
WHAT YOU ARE TELLING EVERY ONE HERE IS THAT WHEN PAUL WRITE THE SCRIPTURES
(Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
Rom 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.)
HE WAS WRITING TO THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH..THAT HAD SPLINTERED OFF FROM THE REAL TRUE CHURCH .....
AND WAS ALREADY DEEP INTO IDOLATRY....RIGHT?
THEY DID NOT LISTEN TO HIM THEN... AND WONT LISTEN NOW...
He was warning the Catholic Christians in Rome about the pagan Romans.

He said to the Church at Rome " I offer thanks to my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, you whose faith is so renowned throughout the world."

and

" The God to whom I address the inner worship of my heart, while I preach the gospel of his Son, is my witness how constantly I make mention of you, 10 never failing to ask, when I am at my prayers, that somehow, in God’s Providence, I may be granted at last an opportunity of visiting you."

30 years later the disciples of the apostles were still writing to the Church at Rome calling it the Catholic Church.

When exactly do you suggest the Catholics took over?

Location hidden

#451688 Jun 13, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked you first.
Why are the disciples of the apostles sending letters to Rome and calling it the Catholic Church in AD 100?
Your wife said St. Paul wrote to the Christians in Rome. When exactly do you two suggest the Catholic Church took over?
And quit screaming all the time.
Catholics are forever trying to sell to the world, the idea that Christ, a Jew, and His 12 Jewish apostles, during the time that Christ was on earth, established the Roman Catholic Church, that everyone knows, that even as of today, is for Gentiles and not Jews!!!! To believe that you have to believe that Christ abandoned God's chosen ones!!!!

Quote: After excerpts from the second volume of the pope’s book on Jesus made the rounds last week, featuring his rejection of the idea that “the Jews” killed Christ, the full text adds another point with important implications for Christian/Jewish relations -- in effect, that Christianity “must not concern herself with the conversion of the Jews.”

The comment comes in Benedict XVI’s book Jesus of Nazareth: Holy Week, the full text of which was released today.

Location hidden

#451689 Jun 13, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
NABre: Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

From your pope approved Bible...you are saying it is a farce...the pope is a dope!!!! You know better!!!!!!

Location hidden

#451690 Jun 13, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
He was warning the Catholic Christians in Rome about the pagan Romans.
He said to the Church at Rome " I offer thanks to my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, you whose faith is so renowned throughout the world."
and
" The God to whom I address the inner worship of my heart, while I preach the gospel of his Son, is my witness how constantly I make mention of you, 10 never failing to ask, when I am at my prayers, that somehow, in God’s Providence, I may be granted at last an opportunity of visiting you."
30 years later the disciples of the apostles were still writing to the Church at Rome calling it the Catholic Church.
When exactly do you suggest the Catholics took over?
If Christ built the Catholic church while on earth, why did it take 100 years for this event to be realized!!!!?????

Which means Peter could not have been the first pope...he was dead along time before the term "Catholic" was used!!!!!

Terrace, Canada

#451691 Jun 13, 2013
Those Catholic theologians that directed the artists in what they must paint had quite the imaginations.

Catholic St. John is the one who was accredited with baptizing an eager Jesus to his Catholic cult.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

The World Beyond.

When the Devil is represented, he is a small, black, and cowering figure. In contrast, Christ is large and commanding. Adam, the first man, stands at the entrance to greet Him. Next to him stands Eve, and among the crowd behind them can usually be seen the crowned figures of David, Moses, and St. John the Baptist.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#451692 Jun 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Those Catholic theologians that directed the artists in what they must paint had quite the imaginations.
Catholic St. John is the one who was accredited with baptizing an eager Jesus to his Catholic cult.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
The World Beyond.
When the Devil is represented, he is a small, black, and cowering figure. In contrast, Christ is large and commanding. Adam, the first man, stands at the entrance to greet Him. Next to him stands Eve, and among the crowd behind them can usually be seen the crowned figures of David, Moses, and St. John the Baptist.
Bigger budget.

Location hidden

#451693 Jun 13, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>call your local VA office and ask them how much a DAV with one dependant receives. the answer in advance. I receive 1628.00 compensation. not retirement nor a pension, it is conpensation. and I Preached last Sunday night at the AOG that my best friend Pastors. it is the same church that I got Saved in over 30 years ago.

----------
You sound like a fraud. A genuine DAV knows the compensation is tied to the degree of his disability.....his dependents are factored in....

It is not as you say, based on his number of dependents...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#451694 Jun 13, 2013
On the day of Pentecost there were visitors from Rome (Acts 2:10) in the crowd at Jerusalem when Peter preached and 3000 were baptized. Acts 2:10 mentions that there were Romans (Jews from Rome or Roman proselytes) present at Pentecost. It is possible that these were only visiting Jerusalem for the festival Pentecost (Shavuot) and then returned to Rome where they founded the church.

It is quite likely that some of these Jews eventually returned to Rome (perhaps after the stoning of Stephen) and began to build the Roman church.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#451695 Jun 13, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Dan...Anthony--Just Sayin and other uneducated of the Catholic denomination...
Some excommunications, however, are automatic (effective at the moment the act is committed) and without the intervention of the Church. Catholics are automatically excommunicated for committing these offenses:
Procuring of abortion
Apostasy: The total rejection of the Christian faith.
Heresy: The obstinate post-baptismal denial of some truth, which must be believed with divine and Catholic faith.
Schism: The rejection of the authority and jurisdiction of the pope as head of the Church.
Desecration of sacred species (Holy Communion)
Physical attack on the pope
Sacramental absolution of an accomplice in sin against the Sixth and Ninth Commandments
Unauthorized episcopal (bishop) consecration
Direct violation of confessional seal by confessor
Note:
6th Commandment “Thou shalt not commit adultery.”
9th Commandment "“Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s wife.”"
Therein is the rub!!!! They excommunicate people for an offense, if committed, per Scripture, allows for a divorce, and a remarriage in church!!!!
Breaking the sixth and ninth commandments do not incur automatic excommunication. Have someone explain to you what "Sacramental absolution of an accomplice in sin against the Sixth and Ninth Commandments" means.
marge

Ames, IA

#451696 Jun 13, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You've seen what?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
More REAL Music: Part II !!! 3 min Doctor REALITY 20
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 5 min Paul Porter1 178
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min One way or another 825,111
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 9 min Good-Evil 2,960
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 13 min gundee123 442,409
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 46 min Clearwater 176,347
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 56 min AN NFL FAN 121,589
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Holy Virgin Dr Sh... 611,756
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Paul Porter1 98,794
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 17 hr puspamishra130 190