Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
435,561 - 435,580 of 533,294 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
USING THE BIBLE IS NOT FORBIDDEN IN THE TEN COMMANDMENTS... IDOLATRY IS..
Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
Exo 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
~~~
Deu 4:14 And the LORD commanded me at that time to teach you statutes and judgments, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go over to possess it.

Deu 4:15 Take ye therefore good heed unto yourselves; for ye saw no manner of similitude on the day that the LORD spake unto you in Horeb out of the midst of the fire:

Deu 4:16 Lest ye corrupt yourselves, and make you a graven image, the similitude of any figure, the likeness of male or female,

Deu 4:17 The likeness of any beast that is on the earth, the likeness of any winged fowl that flieth in the air,

Deu 4:18 The likeness of any thing that creepeth on the ground, the likeness of any fish that is in the waters beneath the earth:

Deu 4:19 And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven.

JESUS SAID

Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least
commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Dan

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
And here some wanted it written down to know the cerntainty of what they been taught.
1Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilleda among us, 2just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. 3With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, 4so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.
Did writing it down nullify the oral teaching?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

200 Bible Verses about Wisdom
www.openbible.info/topics/wisdom&#8206 ;

James 1:5

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.

James 3:17
But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere.

Ephesians 5:15-17

Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.

Proverbs 3:13-18
Blessed is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who gets understanding, for the gain from her is better than gain from silver and her profit better than gold. She is more precious than jewels, and nothing you desire can compare with her. Long life is in her right hand; in her left hand are riches and honor. Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace....
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have to take issue here. You're attempting to assert a pecking order.
Oral teaching with Christ's authority is not subordinate to the teachings written with Christ's authority.
Good point, which I assumed was understood. My mistake.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Good one, LTM.
Catholics can't think for themselves. I, on the other hand can't render any opinion on anything if it's not in a book."
then you will enjoy the bible verses I posted to back up what I said.
They are in a book its call the Holy word of God.
The Bible.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
And here some wanted it written down to know the cerntainty of what they been taught.
1Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilleda among us, 2just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. 3With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, 4so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.
What would you do if all books were banned, Marge? You know, a la "Farenheit 451"?
Dan

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
then you will enjoy the bible verses I posted to back up what I said.
They are in a book its call the Holy word of God.
The Bible.
Typical.

Make a pot shot then paste up bible verses.

Much easier, I'm sure, than actually formulating and expressing an informed opinion.

marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It very well could have depends on what he was taught.

rosesz

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

who="Anthony MN" St. Paul wrote around AD 58 that the faith of the Church at Rome was renowned throughout the world. This means it was well established before much of the NT was penned.
The Church at Rome was a Christian church...not a Catholic one.
So you think that the disciples and Paul did no writing until they were near death, or even after death??? Their words prove different.
KayMarie
So the letters written by the disciples of the apostles less than 30 years after the death of St. Paul to the Catholic Church in Rome should be ignored?

When exactly did the Catholic Church take over the "Christian" Church in Rome?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
49 and you didn't get excommunicated from the Church for getting a divorce.
I was there..I know..you were not there...you are whistling Dixie...

I tried for ten year. They would not recant their decision...they refused to acknowledge:

And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Typically, you missed the point.
The apostles taught orally. That oral teaching doesn't automatically become less authoritative when they wrote it down.
Both are equally valid.
~~~~~~`
THE HOLY SPIRIT IS THE ONE THAT GAVE THE BIBLE AND INSPIRED THEM TO WRITE IT OVER A PERIOD OF 1600 YEARS.....

QUESTION

HOW CAN THAT WHICH IS PASSED FROM WORD OF MOUTH

SUPERSEDE THAT WHICH IS IN A DOCUMENT..

THAT IS SIGNED AND SEALED BY THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm calling BS.
The place had a name and location.
How can I argue against such wisdom!!!! "The place had a name and location"
Dan

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point, which I assumed was understood. My mistake.
It was subtle, but marge included that that everything get checked off against scripture.

This line of thinking infers a primacy, or that oral teaching is subordinated once that same teaching appears on a piece of paper.

If true, this would render any oral teaching done by the apostles or their ordained successors (which marge may not believe in) as invalid or at best, of a lesser nature. Neither case is possible.

LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
They must back up the oral teachings with the written word Dan.
People could be telling you anything, you must verify.
Even among my brothers and sisters in Christ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So the letters written by the disciples of the apostles less than 30 years after the death of St. Paul to the Catholic Church in Rome should be ignored?
When exactly did the Catholic Church take over the "Christian" Church in Rome?
~~~

GIVE THE DATE IN WHICH THE GENTILE CHURCH IN ROME WAS ESTABLISHED
AND DOCUMENT THAT PETER WAS THERE...
Dan

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~~~~`
THE HOLY SPIRIT IS THE ONE THAT GAVE THE BIBLE AND INSPIRED THEM TO WRITE IT OVER A PERIOD OF 1600 YEARS.....
QUESTION
HOW CAN THAT WHICH IS PASSED FROM WORD OF MOUTH
SUPERSEDE THAT WHICH IS IN A DOCUMENT..
THAT IS SIGNED AND SEALED BY THE BLOOD OF JESUS
Who said oral tradition supercedes scripture?

I didn't.

I said oral tradition isn't subordinate to written teaching.

If one of the Apostles came up to me and offered me Christ's message, I wouldn't say "sounds good now, but I'll need to see it in writing so it's official".
Dan

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
They must back up the oral teachings with the written word Dan.
People could be telling you anything, you must verify.
Even among my brothers and sisters in Christ
The apostles taught orally for many years before they committed a word to paper (or parchment or whatever).

Did their teaching only become true/valid when they wrote it down?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you do if all books were banned, Marge? You know, a la "Farenheit 451"?
Didn't Catholic's try that already, are you planning an repeat.
Beside many people have tried to destroy God's Holy word out of fear, it is still here and will be as long as God wants .
Why are Catholic's so scared of the Bible Regina, what are you afraid people will learn, THAT YOUR CATHOLIC INSTITUTUON IS JUST THAT; AN INSTITUTION.
Dan

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
GIVE THE DATE IN WHICH THE GENTILE CHURCH IN ROME WAS ESTABLISHED
AND DOCUMENT THAT PETER WAS THERE...
Around the year 50AD.

What about Peter?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

443 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min It aint necessarily so 721,947
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min Frontliner 115,519
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min Buck Crick 224,522
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 21 min uIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE 172,517
ibhentse emandi (Sep '11) 25 min Teeza 124
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 37 min Epiphany2 599,112
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 41 min raghavendra 534
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Porkpie Hat 256,839
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••