Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667843 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#451850 Jun 14, 2013
2Pe_3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward,

==> not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. <===

____

Mat 8:23 And when he was entered into a ship, his disciples followed him.

Mat 8:24 And, behold, there arose a great tempest in the sea, insomuch that the ship was covered with the waves: but he was asleep.

Mat 8:25 And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying,

Lord, save us: we perish.

Mat 8:26 And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.

______

Master, the tempest is raging!

Master, the tempest is raging!

The billows are tossing high!

The sky is o'ershadow with blackness,

No shelter or help is nigh;

Carest Thou not that we perish?

How canst Thou lie asleep,

When each moment so madly is threatening

A grave in the angry deep?

Refrain:
The winds and the waves shall obey Thy will,
Peace, be still!
Whether the wrath of the storm tossed sea,
Or demons or men, or whatever it be
No waters can swallow the ship where lies
The Master of ocean, and earth, and skies;
They all shall sweetly obey Thy will,
Peace, be still! Peace, be still!
Peace, peace, be still!

Master, with anguish of spirit

I bow in my grief today;

The depths of my sad heart are troubled

Oh, waken and save, I pray!

Torrents of sin and of anguish

Sweep o'er my sinking soul;

And I perish! I perish! dear Master

Oh, hasten, and take control.

Refrain:
Peace, be still!
Peace, peace, be still!

Master, the terror is over,

The elements sweetly rest;

Earth's sun in the calm lake is mirrored,

And heaven's within my breast;

Linger, O blessed Redeemer!

Leave me alone no more;

And with joy I shall make the blest harbor,

And rest on the blissful shore.

Refrain:
Peace, be still!
Peace, peace, be still!

Since: Nov 08

usa

#451851 Jun 14, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
The status of the children does not change in an annulment declaration.
Their names do not get "removed from the book of life."
The CC does not make oodles of money from granting annulments.
Granting annulments is not a money making scheme.
You should stop spreading lies. Something I would recommend even if you are lying about Voodoo beliefs and practices.
the church did not ask for the check it was given to them by the family,but the reason was clear,it was to gauranty the anullment would be granted,and it was going to be until the ex-wife went public,the kennedy money like all your old money rich people came from bootlegging,joe senior was a big shot in the boot legging buisness,that's how their fortune started,and it grew from there by buying an selling people in high places,he was sleeping with the mob,how do you think his son got elected,remember he's catholic,i'm sure a few bucks went their way to influence voters, he got elected president by a thin line.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#451852 Jun 14, 2013
Selene100 wrote:
<quoted text>
This has nothing to do with superority. It has to do with the truth. When Christ claimed that He is God, many people thought that he was being superior, but He was telling the Truth. Jesus Christ is God. The Catholic Church is also telling the truth. The Catholic Church is the oldest Christian Church, which existed since the first century. The truth matters because there are people who believe that Jesus is NOT God....and that is not the truth.
So you don't believe Abraham or Moses is part of God's church.
Salvation is from the Jews.
The O.T. Tells the Stories of the coming Messiah, Prophesied of by Isaiah in Ch 53 speaks of His birth and death. The coming savior of the world.
God walked with these men they had the power of God on them and in them.
Jesus walked the earth with the disciples and the Jews who believed in Him.
On the day of Pentecost, The Holy Spirit empowered the church (People are the church) with Spiritual fruits and gifts, to go forth in Jesus name.
If Jesus had have still been on earth. Jesus would not have sent back the Holy Spirit to comfort them and strengthen them .
For He was already with the church.
Denominations are not what makes a church great it is God, who empowers the people and the gifts of the Holy Spirit are His to give to who He will.
Our denominations are not our savior Jesus is.
There isn't any other name under heaven by which man can be saved.
Mary does not save, Jesus was the only virgin birth, the only one born without sin. Lamb without blemish.
our forgiveness was paid in full by the blood of Jesus, If Mary could have saved us Jesus wouldn't have been born or died on the cross Mary would have.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#451853 Jun 14, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
They wrote the truth taught to them by Jesus Dan.
When I witness to people about Jesus I hand them a Bible to read.
I show them what I am saying is in the Bible I am not just spiting out words.
No matter how well we know someone, when it comes to your salvation check it out with the word of God what they are telling you is true.
We all are not able to read the Bible and understand it as we have witnessed this on here.
We need teachers, men who are anointed by God to do so. and you will know them by their fruits.
We must always walk our talk, especially those in minister to God.
Love doesn't lie, if we do something wrong and cause another to do the same, we are accountable for their wrong and under great damnation then them.
A Pastor or Priest are accountable to a congregation as a shepherd is for a flock of sheep their very life is in their hands.
there are many standing in pulpits to day that God didn't put there. they were not called by God.
False prophets and false teachers, who have done a great injustices to Gods word.
I have had priest say the bible is really just a book, not everything in it is true is what one told my son.
Blind leading the blind and both will fall into the pit.
Wolves in sheep's clothing devouring , the innocent of the innocent , I am not just talking about the catholic faith either.
2 Chronicles 7:14
King James Version (KJV)
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land
If we are going to serve God we must serve God faithful, in Truth and in Spirit.
With all our hearts, With all our soul, and with all our Might.
'HE ALONE IS TO BE WORSHIP, HONOURED AND GLORIFIED".
You're doing what marge did. Yours in more rambling, but you're telling me WHY the apostles and Church fathers wrote stuff down instead of answering my question.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#451854 Jun 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Dan"
I don't find fault with trusting the Bible.
I trust the Bible.
Prove it...
KM
How would I prove such a thing?

It's a matter of faith.
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#451855 Jun 14, 2013
everything what satan want accuse and seperated..don't worry I am allright..my family is with me..accusers can simple on evil way fill shame or make false documentation as they do on evil way..as they prepeare on front more and more but they can't win..

don't sleep..

Someone say to me..o i can make you sleep..
but did not..then pool and go..
why..greater is who is within you then poor wicket accusers..

Did Abraham need blessing from whom..someone who is prophetic..a ja pro=about what?
Did Abraham need blessing from me?
Please explain.

#451856 Jun 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely no historical or logical basis behind your opinion.
- first of all, you'd be implying that a Roman Emperor would be able to infiltrate the only Christian Church started by Jesus Christ. There is no faith behind your opinion. Not to mention, 31 or the first 32 Bishops of Rome were executed by Rome. Its illogical to think the Church would suddenly give in to the Empire.
- second (and this is the most obvious) is that Christianity is remarkably similar pre Constantine as post Constantine. We showed you countless writings from the first 300 yrs of Christianity by our Martyrs, which show Catholicism in detail. And looks nothing like the Christianity the born again movement conjured up in the 20th century.
-your assertion is age-old Protestant propaganda. I believe you Confrint and Preston are simply to old in age and stubborn to ever admit you could be in error. Pride cometh before the fall. There is only so ignorant a person can before its a serious sin.
~~~

You wrote

I believe you Confrint and Preston are simply to old in age and stubborn to ever admit you could be in error. Pride cometh before the fall. There is only so ignorant a person can before its a serious sin.

We do not CALL GOD A LIAR...AS YOUR RELIGIOUS SYSTEM DOES...

WE BELIEVE HIS WORD... PRIDE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT..

WE HAVE ASSURANCE OF OUR SALVATION ...WHICH YOU ADMITTEDLY CANNOT CLAIM.

You can have it to ...but for the stubbornness of your heart.

Jesus said to unbelievers such as you...

Luk 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:

Luk 24:26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

Luk 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded

unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

___

Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Luk 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

Luk 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

Luk 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Luk 24:48 And ye are witnesses of these things.

Luk 24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

YOU DENY THE SCRIPTURES THAT JESUS OPENED UP TO HIS APOSTLES AND

ACCEPT THE HEAR-SAY OF OTHERS....

THE SCRIPTURES THAT JESUS OPENED UP TO HIS APOSTLES ... SAY NOTHING

ABOUT A ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SOCIETY...NOR ANY OF IT'S CALISTHENICS

RITUALS OR CONJECTURE...
Dan

Omaha, NE

#451857 Jun 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If Christ built the Catholic church while on earth, why did it take 100 years for this event to be realized!!!!?????
Which means Peter could not have been the first pope...he was dead along time before the term "Catholic" was used!!!!!
The application of the word "Catholic" didn't mean the Church didn't exist until then.

Is this all you have?

Since: Nov 08

usa

#451858 Jun 14, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a big liar.
i'm no liar because my pants are not on fire:) you were raised on lies,everytime you say the C.C. is christs true church you are lying,I go by what i see,and i see no evidence that any church can conclusively claimn to be the true church jesus mentions building in mathew,if it were he would of given the name of the church right then,because he knew he was going to be killed,it makes no sense to put a name to the church many years later by a man,and it's claim of having an unbroken chain dating back to peter as the first apostle is also false,and that is what they base their conviction on,and the churches own history proves there is a crack in the line..Pope Benedict IX (c. 1012 – 1065/85)
Benedict IX, born Theophylactus of Tusculum, is known mainly for two things: 1) he held office on three separate occasions, and 2) he is the only pope who ever sold the papacy (to his own godfather, of all people).

Benedict became pontiff at a very young age, thanks to the political prowess of his father,(who had managed to get the papacy reserved ahead of time for his son). With little actual training or preparation that qualified him to act as pontiff, Benedict led a highly immoral life, and was accused of various rapes, adulteries, and murders. According to St. Peter Damian, Benedict was “a demon from hell in the disguise of a priest,” and his carousing eventually caused him to be forcefully expelled from Rome.
Benedict managed to regain his throne, but then – surprise, surprise!– he was sidetracked by a prospective marriage (to his cousin) and sold the papal chair for a significant amount of money to his godfather, a priest who named himself Pope Gregory VI. His later repentance and attempt to resume his position created quite a controversy, forcing the German King Henry III to intervene. Benedict was subsequently excommunicated from the church.

“His life as a pope,” wrote Pope Victor III,“was so vile, so foul, so execrable, that I shudder to think of it.”

#451859 Jun 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
How would I prove such a thing?
It's a matter of faith.
LIVE IT..WALK IT OUT..

Col 2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

Col 2:7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Col 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Col 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

----

2Jn_1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

---

1Pe_2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
Dan

Omaha, NE

#451860 Jun 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Have some one tell you what this means:
Some excommunications, however, are automatic (effective at the moment the act is committed) and without the intervention of the Church. Catholics are automatically excommunicated for committing these offenses:
The breaking of the 6th Commandment is listed as one of those acts!!!!!
No, it isn't.

Thanks
Dan

Omaha, NE

#451861 Jun 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't devout believers supposed to wait until they die to see who is supposed to be excommunicated from eternal bliss???
How is it that mortal men can make such a weighty (harmful) decision over the lives of others???
One is excommunicated from the Church.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#451862 Jun 14, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~

YOU DENY THE SCRIPTURES THAT JESUS OPENED UP TO HIS APOSTLES AND
ACCEPT THE HEAR-SAY OF OTHERS....
THE SCRIPTURES THAT JESUS OPENED UP TO HIS APOSTLES ... SAY NOTHING
ABOUT A ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SOCIETY...NOR ANY OF IT'S CALISTHENICS
RITUALS OR CONJECTURE...
And YOU deny Jesus Christs clearly "expressed, spoken and stated words" in the gospel of Matthew 16:13-21 regarding His One True (universal-Catholic) Church....And...YOU also deny HIS own spoken words in John 6:47-59 regarding HIS TRUE BODY AND TRUE BLOOD "For unless you eat MY BODY which is "real food" and drink MY BLOOD which is "real drink" you CANNOT have ETERNAL LIFE. "These" are the "Scriptures that JESUS HIMSELF opened up to HIS apostles. Your own (modernistic-editorialized) bible interpretations of
Sacred Scripture are the REAL CONJECTURE and false teaching of bible only Protestant "relative truth" half-truth Christianity!!!

#451863 Jun 14, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
And YOU deny Jesus Christs clearly "expressed, spoken and stated words" in the gospel of Matthew 16:13-21 regarding His One True (universal-Catholic) Church....And...YOU also deny HIS own spoken words in John 6:47-59 regarding HIS TRUE BODY AND TRUE BLOOD "For unless you eat MY BODY which is "real food" and drink MY BLOOD which is "real drink" you CANNOT have ETERNAL LIFE. "These" are the "Scriptures that JESUS HIMSELF opened up to HIS apostles. Your own (modernistic-editorialized) bible interpretations of
Sacred Scripture are the REAL CONJECTURE and false teaching of bible only Protestant "relative truth" half-truth Christianity!!!
~~~
YOU WROTE
And YOU deny Jesus Christs clearly "expressed, spoken and stated words" in the gospel of Matthew 16:13-21 regarding His One True (universal-Catholic) Church.

___

QUESTION...
HOW IN HEAVENS NAME ...CAN I DENY ...SOMETHING THAT IS NOT THERE?

HERE BELOW IS MATTHEW 16:13-21

PLEASE SHOW ME WHERE IT SAYS ANY THING ABOUT

His One True (universal-Catholic) Church....

Mat 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

Mat 16:14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Mat 16:20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

Mat 16:21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.

WHY DO YOU LIE AND READ IN WHAT IS NOT SAID?
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#451864 Jun 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
What difference does it make...you would certainly not know her!!!!!
Whatever her name is I don't care.

How long has it been since you confessed your sin to her?
I'm guessing decades. Am I right?
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#451865 Jun 14, 2013
Jesus Christ words is perfect.
'many will come in my name..its not me..'
remember
its exist wicket satanic priest too,,
its in within..
it is written..in body which they need be clean come necastive=evil spirt..
It is written..
Every Spirit is not holy!!!
Satanic organization are between many even holy people=paralel two life ..
I please all of you that you need recognize most evil satanic craft organization between yourself.
in garden getsemani temtation over Jesus Christ..that crafted satanic evil is been there where many become fall...
zasuci svoj sveti mac gospodine=25x=numbers
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#451866 Jun 14, 2013
they try change on most satanic evil crafted way..change time and history..it is what they say
you not care because you are one of them missleaders
where in hell where they going..hell

#451867 Jun 14, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
And YOU deny Jesus Christs clearly "expressed, spoken and stated words" in the gospel of Matthew 16:13-21 regarding His One True (universal-Catholic) Church.
___
QUESTION...
HOW IN HEAVENS NAME ...CAN I DENY ...SOMETHING THAT IS NOT THERE?
HERE BELOW IS MATTHEW 16:13-21
PLEASE SHOW ME WHERE IT SAYS ANY THING ABOUT
His One True (universal-Catholic) Church....
Mat 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
Mat 16:14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Mat 16:20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.
Mat 16:21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.
WHY DO YOU LIE AND READ IN WHAT IS NOT SAID?
~~~

BESIDES YOUR LIE ABOUT PETER BEING CHOSE ABOVE THE REST OF THE DISCIPLES

IN THE BOOK OF JOHN

JESUS SAID TO ALL THE APOSTLES AND HIS DISCIPLES,,

Joh 20:20 And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord.

Joh 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

Joh 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

Joh 20:23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

THERE WERE 120 PRESENT IN THE UPPER ROME THAT ORIGINALLY RECEIVED THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY GHOST...

120 DISCIPLE - 12 APOSTLES = 108 BESIDES THE APOSTLES INCLUDING THE MOTHER OF JESUS AND HIS BROTHERS.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#451868 Jun 14, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
JS, I'm sorry, I meant to reply to you yesterday and I forgot.
I'm so glad you found someone! He's a Syro-Malabar rite priest, right? St. Thomas the Apostle founded that rite.
Yes, please go through the Church, it's the best way. Personally, I don't think you'll have a problem, but it's not for me to say. Let them explain the process, and they will help you along the way. It is meant to be healing, the Church is like a doctor's office with the Divine Physician as her head, so take full advantage of it.
You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Hang on tight, you'll be okay. It might not seem like it now, it never does, but trust me.
Thank you for you encouragement, Regina, I talked to the priest yesterday at length. He gave me nearly 2 hours of his time. He took notes and asked several questions and gave me advice on the next things to do. It was emotionally difficult but necessary for me to do. Of course there were things he said I didn't like, but they were true, so I had to take my lumps. He said to email him once I get a couple things taken care of and we will meet again.
He is from India and he is so tiny and humble and gentle that after he prayed for me and gave me a blessing I wanted to just pick him up and squeeze him like a stuff animal.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#451869 Jun 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
As a Catholic I attended a Catholic church..you would not know the priest,the bishop, nor the monsignor..
It was in my home town...the location is immaterial...
As I thought. You were only storying. Again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 41 min Pegasus 286,032
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr ROCCO 92,635
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 979,423
Adventure Jeeps in Clarkesville went out of bus... (May '13) 2 hr littlemama101 5
News Letter: DNC accept responsibility 3 hr Just Think 48
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 5 hr ROG 19,320
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 hr Peter Ross 445,569
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 hr bad bob 183,621
More from around the web