Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703827 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#451855 Jun 14, 2013
everything what satan want accuse and seperated..don't worry I am allright..my family is with me..accusers can simple on evil way fill shame or make false documentation as they do on evil way..as they prepeare on front more and more but they can't win..

don't sleep..

Someone say to me..o i can make you sleep..
but did not..then pool and go..
why..greater is who is within you then poor wicket accusers..

Did Abraham need blessing from whom..someone who is prophetic..a ja pro=about what?
Did Abraham need blessing from me?
Please explain.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#451856 Jun 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely no historical or logical basis behind your opinion.
- first of all, you'd be implying that a Roman Emperor would be able to infiltrate the only Christian Church started by Jesus Christ. There is no faith behind your opinion. Not to mention, 31 or the first 32 Bishops of Rome were executed by Rome. Its illogical to think the Church would suddenly give in to the Empire.
- second (and this is the most obvious) is that Christianity is remarkably similar pre Constantine as post Constantine. We showed you countless writings from the first 300 yrs of Christianity by our Martyrs, which show Catholicism in detail. And looks nothing like the Christianity the born again movement conjured up in the 20th century.
-your assertion is age-old Protestant propaganda. I believe you Confrint and Preston are simply to old in age and stubborn to ever admit you could be in error. Pride cometh before the fall. There is only so ignorant a person can before its a serious sin.
~~~

You wrote

I believe you Confrint and Preston are simply to old in age and stubborn to ever admit you could be in error. Pride cometh before the fall. There is only so ignorant a person can before its a serious sin.

We do not CALL GOD A LIAR...AS YOUR RELIGIOUS SYSTEM DOES...

WE BELIEVE HIS WORD... PRIDE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT..

WE HAVE ASSURANCE OF OUR SALVATION ...WHICH YOU ADMITTEDLY CANNOT CLAIM.

You can have it to ...but for the stubbornness of your heart.

Jesus said to unbelievers such as you...

Luk 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:

Luk 24:26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

Luk 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded

unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

___

Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Luk 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

Luk 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

Luk 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Luk 24:48 And ye are witnesses of these things.

Luk 24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

YOU DENY THE SCRIPTURES THAT JESUS OPENED UP TO HIS APOSTLES AND

ACCEPT THE HEAR-SAY OF OTHERS....

THE SCRIPTURES THAT JESUS OPENED UP TO HIS APOSTLES ... SAY NOTHING

ABOUT A ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SOCIETY...NOR ANY OF IT'S CALISTHENICS

RITUALS OR CONJECTURE...
Dan

Omaha, NE

#451857 Jun 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If Christ built the Catholic church while on earth, why did it take 100 years for this event to be realized!!!!?????
Which means Peter could not have been the first pope...he was dead along time before the term "Catholic" was used!!!!!
The application of the word "Catholic" didn't mean the Church didn't exist until then.

Is this all you have?

Since: Nov 08

usa

#451858 Jun 14, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a big liar.
i'm no liar because my pants are not on fire:) you were raised on lies,everytime you say the C.C. is christs true church you are lying,I go by what i see,and i see no evidence that any church can conclusively claimn to be the true church jesus mentions building in mathew,if it were he would of given the name of the church right then,because he knew he was going to be killed,it makes no sense to put a name to the church many years later by a man,and it's claim of having an unbroken chain dating back to peter as the first apostle is also false,and that is what they base their conviction on,and the churches own history proves there is a crack in the line..Pope Benedict IX (c. 1012 – 1065/85)
Benedict IX, born Theophylactus of Tusculum, is known mainly for two things: 1) he held office on three separate occasions, and 2) he is the only pope who ever sold the papacy (to his own godfather, of all people).

Benedict became pontiff at a very young age, thanks to the political prowess of his father,(who had managed to get the papacy reserved ahead of time for his son). With little actual training or preparation that qualified him to act as pontiff, Benedict led a highly immoral life, and was accused of various rapes, adulteries, and murders. According to St. Peter Damian, Benedict was “a demon from hell in the disguise of a priest,” and his carousing eventually caused him to be forcefully expelled from Rome.
Benedict managed to regain his throne, but then – surprise, surprise!– he was sidetracked by a prospective marriage (to his cousin) and sold the papal chair for a significant amount of money to his godfather, a priest who named himself Pope Gregory VI. His later repentance and attempt to resume his position created quite a controversy, forcing the German King Henry III to intervene. Benedict was subsequently excommunicated from the church.

“His life as a pope,” wrote Pope Victor III,“was so vile, so foul, so execrable, that I shudder to think of it.”

#451859 Jun 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
How would I prove such a thing?
It's a matter of faith.
LIVE IT..WALK IT OUT..

Col 2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

Col 2:7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Col 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Col 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

----

2Jn_1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

---

1Pe_2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
Dan

Omaha, NE

#451860 Jun 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Have some one tell you what this means:
Some excommunications, however, are automatic (effective at the moment the act is committed) and without the intervention of the Church. Catholics are automatically excommunicated for committing these offenses:
The breaking of the 6th Commandment is listed as one of those acts!!!!!
No, it isn't.

Thanks
Dan

Omaha, NE

#451861 Jun 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't devout believers supposed to wait until they die to see who is supposed to be excommunicated from eternal bliss???
How is it that mortal men can make such a weighty (harmful) decision over the lives of others???
One is excommunicated from the Church.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#451862 Jun 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~

YOU DENY THE SCRIPTURES THAT JESUS OPENED UP TO HIS APOSTLES AND
ACCEPT THE HEAR-SAY OF OTHERS....
THE SCRIPTURES THAT JESUS OPENED UP TO HIS APOSTLES ... SAY NOTHING
ABOUT A ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SOCIETY...NOR ANY OF IT'S CALISTHENICS
RITUALS OR CONJECTURE...
And YOU deny Jesus Christs clearly "expressed, spoken and stated words" in the gospel of Matthew 16:13-21 regarding His One True (universal-Catholic) Church....And...YOU also deny HIS own spoken words in John 6:47-59 regarding HIS TRUE BODY AND TRUE BLOOD "For unless you eat MY BODY which is "real food" and drink MY BLOOD which is "real drink" you CANNOT have ETERNAL LIFE. "These" are the "Scriptures that JESUS HIMSELF opened up to HIS apostles. Your own (modernistic-editorialized) bible interpretations of
Sacred Scripture are the REAL CONJECTURE and false teaching of bible only Protestant "relative truth" half-truth Christianity!!!

#451863 Jun 14, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
And YOU deny Jesus Christs clearly "expressed, spoken and stated words" in the gospel of Matthew 16:13-21 regarding His One True (universal-Catholic) Church....And...YOU also deny HIS own spoken words in John 6:47-59 regarding HIS TRUE BODY AND TRUE BLOOD "For unless you eat MY BODY which is "real food" and drink MY BLOOD which is "real drink" you CANNOT have ETERNAL LIFE. "These" are the "Scriptures that JESUS HIMSELF opened up to HIS apostles. Your own (modernistic-editorialized) bible interpretations of
Sacred Scripture are the REAL CONJECTURE and false teaching of bible only Protestant "relative truth" half-truth Christianity!!!
~~~
YOU WROTE
And YOU deny Jesus Christs clearly "expressed, spoken and stated words" in the gospel of Matthew 16:13-21 regarding His One True (universal-Catholic) Church.

___

QUESTION...
HOW IN HEAVENS NAME ...CAN I DENY ...SOMETHING THAT IS NOT THERE?

HERE BELOW IS MATTHEW 16:13-21

PLEASE SHOW ME WHERE IT SAYS ANY THING ABOUT

His One True (universal-Catholic) Church....

Mat 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

Mat 16:14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Mat 16:20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

Mat 16:21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.

WHY DO YOU LIE AND READ IN WHAT IS NOT SAID?
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#451864 Jun 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
What difference does it make...you would certainly not know her!!!!!
Whatever her name is I don't care.

How long has it been since you confessed your sin to her?
I'm guessing decades. Am I right?
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#451865 Jun 14, 2013
Jesus Christ words is perfect.
'many will come in my name..its not me..'
remember
its exist wicket satanic priest too,,
its in within..
it is written..in body which they need be clean come necastive=evil spirt..
It is written..
Every Spirit is not holy!!!
Satanic organization are between many even holy people=paralel two life ..
I please all of you that you need recognize most evil satanic craft organization between yourself.
in garden getsemani temtation over Jesus Christ..that crafted satanic evil is been there where many become fall...
zasuci svoj sveti mac gospodine=25x=numbers
truth

Huntingdale, Australia

#451866 Jun 14, 2013
they try change on most satanic evil crafted way..change time and history..it is what they say
you not care because you are one of them missleaders
where in hell where they going..hell

#451867 Jun 14, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
And YOU deny Jesus Christs clearly "expressed, spoken and stated words" in the gospel of Matthew 16:13-21 regarding His One True (universal-Catholic) Church.
___
QUESTION...
Mat 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
Mat 16:14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Mat 16:20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.
Mat 16:21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.
~~~

BESIDES YOUR LIE ABOUT PETER BEING CHOSE ABOVE THE REST OF THE DISCIPLES

IN THE BOOK OF JOHN

JESUS SAID TO ALL THE APOSTLES AND HIS DISCIPLES,,

Joh 20:20 And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord.

Joh 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

Joh 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

Joh 20:23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

THERE WERE 120 PRESENT IN THE UPPER ROME THAT ORIGINALLY RECEIVED THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY GHOST...

120 DISCIPLE - 12 APOSTLES = 108 BESIDES THE APOSTLES INCLUDING THE MOTHER OF JESUS AND HIS BROTHERS.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#451868 Jun 14, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
JS, I'm sorry, I meant to reply to you yesterday and I forgot.
I'm so glad you found someone! He's a Syro-Malabar rite priest, right? St. Thomas the Apostle founded that rite.
Yes, please go through the Church, it's the best way. Personally, I don't think you'll have a problem, but it's not for me to say. Let them explain the process, and they will help you along the way. It is meant to be healing, the Church is like a doctor's office with the Divine Physician as her head, so take full advantage of it.
You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Hang on tight, you'll be okay. It might not seem like it now, it never does, but trust me.
Thank you for you encouragement, Regina, I talked to the priest yesterday at length. He gave me nearly 2 hours of his time. He took notes and asked several questions and gave me advice on the next things to do. It was emotionally difficult but necessary for me to do. Of course there were things he said I didn't like, but they were true, so I had to take my lumps. He said to email him once I get a couple things taken care of and we will meet again.
He is from India and he is so tiny and humble and gentle that after he prayed for me and gave me a blessing I wanted to just pick him up and squeeze him like a stuff animal.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#451869 Jun 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
As a Catholic I attended a Catholic church..you would not know the priest,the bishop, nor the monsignor..
It was in my home town...the location is immaterial...
As I thought. You were only storying. Again.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#451870 Jun 14, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>the church did not ask for the check it was given to them by the family,but the reason was clear,it was to gauranty the anullment would be granted,and it was going to be until the ex-wife went public,the kennedy money like all your old money rich people came from bootlegging,joe senior was a big shot in the boot legging buisness,that's how their fortune started,and it grew from there by buying an selling people in high places,he was sleeping with the mob,how do you think his son got elected,remember he's catholic,i'm sure a few bucks went their way to influence voters, he got elected president by a thin line.
Thing is imo he woukd have been a greater president than his successor.

He was a Democrat who LOWERED taxes because he had the sense to know this generated income which produced mire taxes and helped the economy.

He stood up to the Russians and Cuba..And let me assure you this was a scary time for us..But he showed strength instead if weakness.

So if course he was done away with..

Too bad. I think he might have affected needed changes without the disastrous results that we got from the changes that were made after he died. Encouraging women to get away from the fathers??? For money???
I don't believe the woukd have done things that way.

Whatever his faults personally he was,20 tines the man his Senatoe brother was..Imo.

And we lost a great man and President

#451871 Jun 14, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
___
QUESTION...
~~~

Tour whole ARROGANT religious system is founded upon

OPINIONS

PRESUMPTUOUSNESS

SUPPOSITION..

FABLES..

AND LIES..

2Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#451872 Jun 14, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
BESIDES YOUR LIE ABOUT PETER BEING CHOSE ABOVE THE REST OF THE DISCIPLES
IN THE BOOK OF JOHN
JESUS SAID TO ALL THE APOSTLES AND HIS DISCIPLES,,
Joh 20:20 And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord.
Joh 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
Joh 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
Joh 20:23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.
THERE WERE 120 PRESENT IN THE UPPER ROME THAT ORIGINALLY RECEIVED THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY GHOST...
120 DISCIPLE - 12 APOSTLES = 108 BESIDES THE APOSTLES INCLUDING THE MOTHER OF JESUS AND HIS BROTHERS.
Can you cite the source passage for your "there were 120 present" assertion; the passage here clearly indicates that the conferral mentioned was made to "the disciples". "The disciples" is a reference to the Apostles.

Thanks
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#451873 Jun 14, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
And here some wanted it written down to know the cerntainty of what they been taught.
1Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilleda among us, 2just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. 3With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, 4so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.
This verse does not indicate that there were thousands of copies of each person's writings being passed out to the individual people in each village, town, or camp all over the region.
In fact, the verse says that many have drawn up *an* account, not that many have drawn up *several copies* of their accounts.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#451874 Jun 14, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen Marge, Catholic's are taught not to think for themselves mean while the bible teach us to pray for wisdom and knowledge.
WISDOM IS THE PRINCIPAL THING!
ABOVE ALL GET WISDOM!
Hosea 4:1-3,6 in the King James Version
“HEAR the WORD of the LORD, you children of Israel: for the LORD has a controversy with the inhabitants of the land,(WHY?) because there is no truth, nor mercy, nor KNOWLEDGE of God in the land.
2. By swearing, and lying, and killing, and stealing, and committing adultery, they break out, and blood touches blood.
3. Therefore shall the land mourn, and every one that dwells therein shall languish, with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven; yea, the fishes of the sea also shall be taken away....
6. My people are DESTROYED (WHY?) for LACK of KNOWLEDGE:(WHY?) because you have REJECTED KNOWLEDGE, I will also reject you, that you shall be no priest to me: seeing you have forgotten the law of your God, I will also forget your children.”
The very first thing we are told in this passage of scripture is to LISTEN to the WORD of the Lord! When ever we see words life LISTEN, HEARKEN, BEHOLD, HEAR or THUS SAYS the Lord, then we need to TAKE HEED to what is being said. These are important words calling us to pay ATTENTION to God's WORD.
The second thing we see is that the REASON WHY the Lord wants us to LISTEN to his WORD is that he has a case against the LAND. The word “case” here in the King James Version in “controversy”, which means that the Lord has a legal dispute or a point of contention, a grievance, or a cause against the land and his people. In other words, God has a CONTROVERSY with his people and BECAUSE God and his people are NOT in AGREEMENT, then Almighty God CANNOT BLESS his people, and THIS is the REASON the is violence, wearing, deception, murder, stealing and adultery in the land and among God's people.
So then, the third thing we see is that BECAUSE God's people are NOT in AGREEMENT with him and his WORD, that this CONTROVERSY is the very REASON WHY all these bad things are in the land stated in verse 2,
"Because there is no faithfulness or kindness Or KNOWLEDGE of God in the land.(so what happen when the LAND lacks the KNOWLEDGE of God?)
2. There is swearing, deception, murder, stealing and adultery. They employ violence, so that bloodshed follows bloodshed."
Then the fourth thing we see is that BECAUSE there is NO FAITHFULNESS, NO KINDNESS, and NO KNOWLEDGE among God's people, which produces all the VIOLENCE and bloodshed, then this is the REASON that the LAND MOURNS and shall LANGUISH. The word “LANGUISH” here means WEAK WILLED, to wither, to fade away, to languish, to be feeble, and to to hot or feverish. When you thing of hot or feverish you thing of being sick, which is a weaken condition. So then, NOT being is AGREEMENT with Almighty God and his WORD causes us to become WEAKENED in our ability to RESIST the wiles of the enemy and causes us to be weak willed in our pursuit to be STRONG in the Lord to walk in RIGHTEOUSNESS.
From a Bible study

Where in the Bible does it say that the Bible alone is the sole rule of Christian Faith?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr TangledWebOfBonkers 88,516
Witches and Warlocks will burn in Hell ! (Oct '11) 2 hr armee 27
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Tony 6,923
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Redeemed Jersey P... 996,561
Faculty of Dentistry, Dalhousie University Hal... 4 hr Case File 1
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 4 hr Grunt56 223,082
Are women from USA scared of marriage? 10 hr stupdwmen 20