Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599885 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#451560 Jun 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
MY WIFE AND I ARE one...WE WORK TOGETHER AS ONE...
THE APOSTLES SAID OF JESUS IN...
Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
Act 2:23 _---> Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain: <---
Act 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
Act 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
Act 2:26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
Act 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Act 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
Act 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Looks to me like they hung it on the Jewish people:

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#451561 Jun 13, 2013
who="Just Sayin"
God also "commanded" the plants and animals to be fruitful and multiply.
It looks like you still think that marriage = sex act.
And you still don't know what "sacramental" means.
And you don't bother to explain what YOU mean by that.
Marriage IS the joining of two persons, making one.
Your reference for the commanding of the plants and animals? Do you think that man is just another animal?
KayMarie
I have posted about 4 posts where I explained "sacrament". Here goes again. Here is the short answer:

"(Sacraments) they do not merely signify Divine grace, but in virtue of their Divine institution, they cause that grace in the souls of men....
In every sacrament three things are necessary: the outward sign; the inward grace; Divine institution. "

Here is a much more thorough answer:
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/13295a.htm

God made the plants and animals to reproduce in their kinds. It's in Genesis.

Genesis 1:11
And he said: Let the earth bring forth the green herb, and such as may seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after its kind, which may have seed in itself upon the earth.
Genesis 1:21
And God created the great whales, and every living and moving creature, which the waters brought forth, according to their kinds, and every winged fowl according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.
Genesis 1:24
And God said: Let the earth bring forth the living creature in its kind, cattle and creeping things, and beasts of the earth, according to their kinds

No, I don't think that people are just another animal. But it seems that you think that plants and animals can be married since all it takes for a marriage is the sex act.
I just thought of something. What if a virgin gets raped? Is she then married to her rapist?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#451562 Jun 13, 2013
OUT OF ORDER SHOULD HAVE CAME FIRST TOPIX PROBLEM SORRY

This article appeared in the June 1995 issue of "The Catholic World

Provided courtesy of:
Eternal Word Television Network

The problem in the law itself has to do with the definition of marriage and the object of consent in the new Code.

If someone had asked thirty years ago, "What am I consenting to, and concerning what
must I therefore have sufficient discretion to give free consent?"
he answer was not hard to determine, even for those who were not canon lawyers.

Marriage was defined in the old Code (canon 1013) in terms of three things: its primary end, the procreation and education of children; and the two essential properties of the marriage union,
its unity and indissolubility.

Understanding unity in terms of total fidelity, and indissolubility in terms of the good of the sacrament, marriage was simply being
defined in terms of the three goods of Augustine, clarified by the teaching of St. Thomas on the role of the primary end in this institution.

Therefore when someone asked thirty years ago what the partners must consent to in order to make a valid marriage, the answers were
relatively simple.

Under the old Code, the object of consent involves
what pertains essentially to the three goods of marriage. What a man was handing over to his spouse, under this law, was very clear, and
it had to do with what constituted marriage as a unique communion of life, essentially distinct from all other forms of human relationships.

The old Code, in canon 1081, declared that what constituted the essential object of consent was the exclusive and perpetual right to each other's person in the act of intercourse. the act which consummates the marriage contract.

This narrowly defined object of consent made it abundantly clear exactly what it was that the partners had to have sufficient
discretion of judgment about, in order to give a valid consent: they had to have knowledge (mature judgment) "at least that marriage is a
permanent union between man and woman for the procreation of children." (canon 1082) Today, much of this old system of law has been altered in the new Code, and the result seems to have something to do with the explosion
of annulments.

First, the definition of marriage has been altered.

The new canon law of marriage proposes a definition which excludes all the old language, involving the purposes and essential properties
or marriage, and simply constructs a definition that is meant to reflect the more biblical and pastoral language found in the sections
on marriage in <Gaudium et Spes>:

The matrimonial covenant, by which a man and a woman establish between themselves a partnership of the whole of life, is by its nature ordered toward the good of the spouses and the procreation and education of the offspring...(canon 1055)

American canonists today seem to agree, virtually unanimously, that this definition constitutes a major change in the Church's
jurisprudence of marriage.

Indeed, even a man as conservative in his
general writing as Cormac Burke, now a judge on the Rota, sees this as a significant change--although he does not regard the change as being quite as radical as most American canonists deem it.

Father Burke takes the position in two recent articles, one in <Communio> (Summer 1992) and another in <Homiletic and Pastoral Review> (March 1995), that there can be but one conclusion drawn from the Council and the new Code. The Church, he tells us, now considers marriage to have two inseparably united and essential ends: the <bonum coniugum>, the good of the couple, and the <bonum prolis>, the good of offspring.

There is little doubt that Cormac Burke now accepts it as certain that the Church today defines marriage with two equal and interrelated primary ends, which are the two goods mentioned in the definition of marriage in the new Code.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#451563 Jun 13, 2013
who="Dan"
They WERE largely illiterate. They could not read nor write, in the main. That doesn't make them ignorant, but it does render them incapable of reading and/or writing. It's not a pejorative.
Kings issued lots of proclamations which scribes dutifully wrote down so that they would be......proclaimed to the audiences in question.
Not so, Dan.
KM
What's not so?

That the Jews in 500BC were not largely illiterate, that kings didn't issue proclamations, that said proclamations weren't transcribed, or that said proclamations weren't actually proclaimed?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#451564 Jun 13, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get excommunicated because your spouse divorces you. Where in the world (If you ever even *were* Catholic) did you go to Church? Who was the priest and who was the bishop?
If you fail to provide this information, I'm going to assume that, once again, you are storying slanderously.
As a Catholic I attended a Catholic church..you would not know the priest,the bishop, nor the monsignor..

It was in my home town...the location is immaterial...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#451565 Jun 13, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church at Rome was in existence before the NT was written. And St. Paul says so.
Inaccurate conclusion.

From this link - http://bible.org/article/origins-church-rome

"The earliest available sources leave only indirect clues towards solving this puzzle. As a result, the answer to the question of how the Roman church began must be framed in terms of probabilities rather than certainties."

"The “Hebrew synagogue” probably arose first, with subsequent synagogues named after famous allies of the Jews."
- Peter Richardson,“Augustan-Era Synagogues in Rome,” in Judaism and Christianity in First-Century Rome (ed. Karl P. Donfried and Peter Richardson; Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1998), 19-29. Richardson notes that as many as thirteen synagogues have been identified from Roman inscriptions, but only these five can be assumed to have existed before the arrival of Christianity to Rome.

"The historian Cassius Dio reports the following action taken by Claudius against Roman Jews:“As for the Jews, who had again increased so greatly that by reason of their multitude it would have been hard without raising a tumult to bar them from the city, he did not drive them out, but ordered them, while continuing their traditional mode of life, not to hold meetings.”12 Most scholars agree that Dio places this event at the beginning of Claudius’s reign (A.D. 41). The text states clearly that Jews, while restricted from congregating, were not removed from Rome.
- 13; It is observed that Dio does not offer an explicit explanation of the reason for Claudius’s decision to forbid Jewish assemblies. He only provides the reason for the action Claudius did not take.

"In further rebuttal of the Christian hypothesis, critics point out that Suetonius only later introduces Christian movement, at the time of Nero.33 This suggests that the Christianity had not been on Suetonius’s radar up to that point. Spence counters by explaining that the chief aim in Claudius 25.4 is to highlight the Jewish rather than Christian experience, even though the claims of Christ were involved."
- 34: Spence, Parting of Ways, 99

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#451566 Jun 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have to take issue here. You're attempting to assert a pecking order.
Oral teaching with Christ's authority is not subordinate to the teachings written with Christ's authority.
WHAT DO YOU DO WITH THE WORD THAT SAYS

Pro 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

Pro 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

IS the word's YOUR god's GREATER THAN the GOD of/in the

OLD TESTAMENT/...THAT THEY CAN NEGATE ... HIS WORD...
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#451567 Jun 13, 2013
who="Just Sayin"
What?
Catholics don't knock the Bible. Who told you they did?
I don't know what to make of your last sentence.
Catholics never wrote sola scriptura, whatever that means.
Nowhere in the Bible does it state that the Bible is the only thing we need as Christians. The Bible states the the Church is the pillar and foundation of truth. Do you all get to snip that verse out?
You must be new to this forum. Catholics continually mock our trust in the Bible...even call it an 'idol' of worship.
The 'church' mentioned in the Bible is God's own church...NOT a denomination set up by man. It is not reference to the Catholic 'church'.
KayMarie
Tit for Tat. If proties want to accuse Catholics of worshiping Mary or the Pope, we can point out the ridiculousness of such a notion by accusing them of something equally ridiculous. But you all don't ever seem to get it.
marge

Ames, IA

#451568 Jun 13, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
St. Paul wrote around AD 58 that the faith of the Church at Rome was renowned throughout the world. This means it was well established before much of the NT was penned.
And here some wanted it written down to know the cerntainty of what they been taught.

1Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilleda among us, 2just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. 3With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, 4so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#451569 Jun 13, 2013
who="Anthony MN" St. Paul wrote around AD 58 that the faith of the Church at Rome was renowned throughout the world. This means it was well established before much of the NT was penned.
The Church at Rome was a Christian church...not a Catholic one.
So you think that the disciples and Paul did no writing until they were near death, or even after death??? Their words prove different.
KayMarie
Exactly. They were contemporary LETTERS between people and meant for instructions.

And sport but common sense tells us they were,probably copied and sent to other churches.And probably sent to Apostles,in Rome and other places They were held in reverence. And did nit just magically turn up 400 years later to be compiled by the Church of the Roman Empire.
Clay

United States

#451570 Jun 13, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
MY WIFE AND I ARE one...WE WORK TOGETHER AS ONE...
THE APOSTLES SAID OF JESUS IN...
Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
Act 2:23 _---> Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain: <---
Act 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
Act 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
Act 2:26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
Act 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Act 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
Act 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
what are all those scripture verses posted for?

Don't just throw the Bible at us in hopes of getting somethin to stick.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#451571 Jun 13, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
As a Catholic I attended a Catholic church..you would not know the priest,the bishop, nor the monsignor..
It was in my home town...the location is immaterial...
I'm calling BS.

The place had a name and location.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#451572 Jun 13, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right in saying that every the apostles did and said and also everything Jesus did and said was not written down.
That being said, we know for a fact everything that did get written down is the Word of God.
We assume that what didn't get written down was also preaching the Word of God, but it must agree with what is Written just as those today who say they are preaching the 'Word of God' must agree with what is written.
Amen Marge, Catholic's are taught not to think for themselves mean while the bible teach us to pray for wisdom and knowledge.
WISDOM IS THE PRINCIPAL THING!

ABOVE ALL GET WISDOM!
Hosea 4:1-3,6 in the King James Version

“HEAR the WORD of the LORD, you children of Israel: for the LORD has a controversy with the inhabitants of the land,(WHY?) because there is no truth, nor mercy, nor KNOWLEDGE of God in the land.

2. By swearing, and lying, and killing, and stealing, and committing adultery, they break out, and blood touches blood.

3. Therefore shall the land mourn, and every one that dwells therein shall languish, with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven; yea, the fishes of the sea also shall be taken away....

6. My people are DESTROYED (WHY?) for LACK of KNOWLEDGE:(WHY?) because you have REJECTED KNOWLEDGE, I will also reject you, that you shall be no priest to me: seeing you have forgotten the law of your God, I will also forget your children.”
The very first thing we are told in this passage of scripture is to LISTEN to the WORD of the Lord! When ever we see words life LISTEN, HEARKEN, BEHOLD, HEAR or THUS SAYS the Lord, then we need to TAKE HEED to what is being said. These are important words calling us to pay ATTENTION to God's WORD.

The second thing we see is that the REASON WHY the Lord wants us to LISTEN to his WORD is that he has a case against the LAND. The word “case” here in the King James Version in “controversy”, which means that the Lord has a legal dispute or a point of contention, a grievance, or a cause against the land and his people. In other words, God has a CONTROVERSY with his people and BECAUSE God and his people are NOT in AGREEMENT, then Almighty God CANNOT BLESS his people, and THIS is the REASON the is violence, wearing, deception, murder, stealing and adultery in the land and among God's people.

So then, the third thing we see is that BECAUSE God's people are NOT in AGREEMENT with him and his WORD, that this CONTROVERSY is the very REASON WHY all these bad things are in the land stated in verse 2,

"Because there is no faithfulness or kindness Or KNOWLEDGE of God in the land.(so what happen when the LAND lacks the KNOWLEDGE of God?)
2. There is swearing, deception, murder, stealing and adultery. They employ violence, so that bloodshed follows bloodshed."

Then the fourth thing we see is that BECAUSE there is NO FAITHFULNESS, NO KINDNESS, and NO KNOWLEDGE among God's people, which produces all the VIOLENCE and bloodshed, then this is the REASON that the LAND MOURNS and shall LANGUISH. The word “LANGUISH” here means WEAK WILLED, to wither, to fade away, to languish, to be feeble, and to to hot or feverish. When you thing of hot or feverish you thing of being sick, which is a weaken condition. So then, NOT being is AGREEMENT with Almighty God and his WORD causes us to become WEAKENED in our ability to RESIST the wiles of the enemy and causes us to be weak willed in our pursuit to be STRONG in the Lord to walk in RIGHTEOUSNESS.

From a Bible study
Dan

Omaha, NE

#451573 Jun 13, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Inaccurate conclusion.
From this link - http://bible.org/article/origins-church-rome
"The earliest available sources leave only indirect clues towards solving this puzzle. As a result, the answer to the question of how the Roman church began must be framed in terms of probabilities rather than certainties."
"The “Hebrew synagogue” probably arose first, with subsequent synagogues named after famous allies of the Jews."
- Peter Richardson,“Augustan-Era Synagogues in Rome,” in Judaism and Christianity in First-Century Rome (ed. Karl P. Donfried and Peter Richardson; Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1998), 19-29. Richardson notes that as many as thirteen synagogues have been identified from Roman inscriptions, but only these five can be assumed to have existed before the arrival of Christianity to Rome.
"The historian Cassius Dio reports the following action taken by Claudius against Roman Jews:“As for the Jews, who had again increased so greatly that by reason of their multitude it would have been hard without raising a tumult to bar them from the city, he did not drive them out, but ordered them, while continuing their traditional mode of life, not to hold meetings.”12 Most scholars agree that Dio places this event at the beginning of Claudius’s reign (A.D. 41). The text states clearly that Jews, while restricted from congregating, were not removed from Rome.
- 13; It is observed that Dio does not offer an explicit explanation of the reason for Claudius’s decision to forbid Jewish assemblies. He only provides the reason for the action Claudius did not take.
"In further rebuttal of the Christian hypothesis, critics point out that Suetonius only later introduces Christian movement, at the time of Nero.33 This suggests that the Christianity had not been on Suetonius’s radar up to that point. Spence counters by explaining that the chief aim in Claudius 25.4 is to highlight the Jewish rather than Christian experience, even though the claims of Christ were involved."
- 34: Spence, Parting of Ways, 99
Um, are you defining "Church" as a building here?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#451574 Jun 13, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. They were contemporary LETTERS between people and meant for instructions.
And sport but common sense tells us they were,probably copied and sent to other churches.And probably sent to Apostles,in Rome and other places They were held in reverence. And did nit just magically turn up 400 years later to be compiled by the Church of the Roman Empire.
Not so fast.

You can't make a claim based on what you perceive as "common sense".

You, especially, can't claim "common sense" as a basis for anything.

"The Church of the Roman Empire"?

#451575 Jun 13, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Tit for Tat. If proties want to accuse Catholics of worshiping Mary or the Pope, we can point out the ridiculousness of such a notion by accusing them of something equally ridiculous. But you all don't ever seem to get it.
~~~

USING THE BIBLE IS NOT FORBIDDEN IN THE TEN COMMANDMENTS... IDOLATRY IS..

Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Exo 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#451576 Jun 13, 2013
cont
The fifth thing we see is that because of this LACK of KNOWLEDGE of Almighty God and his WORD among God's people that NOT only are God's PEOPLE DESTROYED, but the WHOLE LAND suffers, and by whole land we see in verse 3 that along with God's PEOPLE being DESTROYED that EVERYONE in the LAND, ALONG with the beast of the field the birds in the air, and the fish are DESTROYED as well.

So then, HOW IMPORTANT or HOW CRITICAL is KNOWLEDGE?

If you thing about it, KNOWLEDGE is important in every aspect of our life. Thing about NOT teaching a small child to look both ways before crossing a street. Or for that matter teach our children anything that will BENEFIT them in life, think about WHAT this LACK of KNOWLEDGE will bring about in their life? So KNOWLEDGE in general is of VITAL importance, but even more so the KNOWLEDGE of Almighty God and his WORD.

Why do I say this? Remember the words of Jesus found in Luke 10:17-20, which says,

“And the seventy returned again with JOY, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through your name.

18. And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

19. Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

20. Notwithstanding in this (in this WHAT? In the fact that God has given you POWER and AUTHORITY over the enemy and even the the devils are subject unto you in the name of Jesus, in THIS) REJOICE NOT, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice , because your names are written in heaven.”
Dan

Omaha, NE

#451577 Jun 13, 2013
<quoted text>
WHAT DO YOU DO WITH THE WORD THAT SAYS
Pro 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
Pro 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.
IS the word's YOUR god's GREATER THAN the GOD of/in the
OLD TESTAMENT/...THAT THEY CAN NEGATE ... HIS WORD...
Typically, you missed the point.

The apostles taught orally. That oral teaching doesn't automatically become less authoritative when they wrote it down.

Both are equally valid.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#451578 Jun 13, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen Marge, Catholic's are taught not to think for themselves mean while the bible teach us to pray for wisdom and knowledge.
WISDOM IS THE PRINCIPAL THING!
ABOVE ALL GET WISDOM!
Hosea 4:1-3,6 in the King James Version
“HEAR the WORD of the LORD, you children of Israel: for the LORD has a controversy with the inhabitants of the land,(WHY?) because there is no truth, nor mercy, nor KNOWLEDGE of God in the land.
2. By swearing, and lying, and killing, and stealing, and committing adultery, they break out, and blood touches blood.
3. Therefore shall the land mourn, and every one that dwells therein shall languish, with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven; yea, the fishes of the sea also shall be taken away....
6. My people are DESTROYED (WHY?) for LACK of KNOWLEDGE:(WHY?) because you have REJECTED KNOWLEDGE, I will also reject you, that you shall be no priest to me: seeing you have forgotten the law of your God, I will also forget your children.”
The very first thing we are told in this passage of scripture is to LISTEN to the WORD of the Lord! When ever we see words life LISTEN, HEARKEN, BEHOLD, HEAR or THUS SAYS the Lord, then we need to TAKE HEED to what is being said. These are important words calling us to pay ATTENTION to God's WORD.
The second thing we see is that the REASON WHY the Lord wants us to LISTEN to his WORD is that he has a case against the LAND. The word “case” here in the King James Version in “controversy”, which means that the Lord has a legal dispute or a point of contention, a grievance, or a cause against the land and his people. In other words, God has a CONTROVERSY with his people and BECAUSE God and his people are NOT in AGREEMENT, then Almighty God CANNOT BLESS his people, and THIS is the REASON the is violence, wearing, deception, murder, stealing and adultery in the land and among God's people.
So then, the third thing we see is that BECAUSE God's people are NOT in AGREEMENT with him and his WORD, that this CONTROVERSY is the very REASON WHY all these bad things are in the land stated in verse 2,
"Because there is no faithfulness or kindness Or KNOWLEDGE of God in the land.(so what happen when the LAND lacks the KNOWLEDGE of God?)
2. There is swearing, deception, murder, stealing and adultery. They employ violence, so that bloodshed follows bloodshed."
Then the fourth thing we see is that BECAUSE there is NO FAITHFULNESS, NO KINDNESS, and NO KNOWLEDGE among God's people, which produces all the VIOLENCE and bloodshed, then this is the REASON that the LAND MOURNS and shall LANGUISH. The word “LANGUISH” here means WEAK WILLED, to wither, to fade away, to languish, to be feeble, and to to hot or feverish. When you thing of hot or feverish you thing of being sick, which is a weaken condition. So then, NOT being is AGREEMENT with Almighty God and his WORD causes us to become WEAKENED in our ability to RESIST the wiles of the enemy and causes us to be weak willed in our pursuit to be STRONG in the Lord to walk in RIGHTEOUSNESS.
From a Bible study
Good one, LTM.

Catholics can't think for themselves. I, on the other hand can't render any opinion on anything if it's not in a book."

#451579 Jun 13, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
USING THE BIBLE IS NOT FORBIDDEN IN THE TEN COMMANDMENTS... IDOLATRY IS..
Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
Exo 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
~~~
Deu 4:14 And the LORD commanded me at that time to teach you statutes and judgments, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go over to possess it.

Deu 4:15 Take ye therefore good heed unto yourselves; for ye saw no manner of similitude on the day that the LORD spake unto you in Horeb out of the midst of the fire:

Deu 4:16 Lest ye corrupt yourselves, and make you a graven image, the similitude of any figure, the likeness of male or female,

Deu 4:17 The likeness of any beast that is on the earth, the likeness of any winged fowl that flieth in the air,

Deu 4:18 The likeness of any thing that creepeth on the ground, the likeness of any fish that is in the waters beneath the earth:

Deu 4:19 And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven.

JESUS SAID

Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least
commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Buck Crick 865,209
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 17 min middleman1 2,785
Ncole became a 'Jezebel'....but everything was ... 36 min Great Day of Arma... 2
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 42 min Al Capone 6,311
*SEPT - OCT 2015 : --RAPTURE, TRIB 'start' ---- 43 min youtube 1
Should TOPIX have FORUM SECURITY GUARDS? 59 min being myself 1
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr dollarsbill 6,502
The Christian Atheist debate 3 hr HipGnosis 2,015
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 11 hr Frannie 44
More from around the web