Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 673337 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#451726 Jun 13, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? What date did Paul, who actually went to Rome, and Peter, who was NEVER in Rome, use the term Roman Catholic Church? This is news to me. Please explain.
<quoted text>
There is absolutely NO Biblical or non-Roman Catholic historical fact of Peter ever being in Rome. Peter was never in Rome. Never!
There's both. Thanks anyway.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#451727 Jun 13, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't find fault with trusting the Bible.
I trust the Bible.
Don't feel exceptional...you are not the first or only fool in the world.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#451728 Jun 13, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Do these prayers sound like "worship" or veneration? What are your thoughts?
Mary Glorified by the Roman Catholic Church
The Roman Catholic Church places Mary, mother of Jesus, in a position of Deity. Listed are some of the prayers offered to Mary.
Hail Mary
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus, Whom you conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit. Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Hail, Holy Queen
Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy towards us. And after this our exile, show unto us the blessed Fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.
The Memorare of St. Bernard
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that nay one who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, and sought thy intercession, was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of Virgins, my Mother; to thee I come; before thee I stand sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen.
Cardinal and Saint Apphonsus de Liquori wrote a book entitled The Glories of Mary. The chapter titles ascribe attributes and titles that belong to Christ alone. Some of the titles are:
Mary, Our Hope
Mary, Our Help
Mary, Our Salvation
Mary, Our Life
Mary, Our Advocate
Whoever wrote this chopped off, intentionally I think, the last and most important part of the Hail, Holy Queen... It goes; "Pray for us o holy mother of God that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ"

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#451729 Jun 13, 2013
who="Black Thunder 42"
I would reckon that your basis is "faith", which has no need for accounts of actuality.
That, in itself, negates responsibility for factual evidence and actuality, and is worthless in the pursuit of "truth", accountability and reason.

You don't understand 'faith'...

KM

Location hidden

#451730 Jun 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
A straw man is a scarecrow ...a man outstanding in his field
with no brains and no guts...One that bends to every wind and gale that
comes across the field...every thing he wears is hand-me-downs.
You obviously don't understand what a "scarecrow" argument is, so it is no wonder you can't converse properly with any argument.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#451731 Jun 13, 2013
Glossary of Roman Catholic Terms not Biblical terms

Apocrypha: Fifteen writings recorded during the 400 years between the Old and New Testaments. Twelve of them were declared inspired and added to the Catholic Cannon in 1546.

Apparition: The perception of a disembodied person often associated with an urgent message. The Vatican has attempted to authenticate many visual and audible encounters with the Virgin Mary throughout the world.

Doctrine: A principle or body of principles presented for acceptance or belief.

Dogma: A doctrine or a corpus of doctrines relating to matters such as morality and faith, set forth in an authoritative manner by a church.

Eucharist: A wafer claimed to contain the body, blood, soul and divinity of Jesus Christ (1374), that is to be worshiped, consumed, and sacrificed (1378).

Indulgence: The means of remission of the temporal punishment for sins. It is gained by good works and can be applied to the sins of the living and the dead (1471-79).

Infallible teachings: The pope and bishops are incapable of error when proclaiming a definitive doctrine pertaining to faith and morals (891).

Mass: The continuation of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ at Calvary (1367) which carries on the work of redemption (1405), appeases the wrath of God and atones for the sins of the living and the dead (1371, 1414).

Mortal sin: A grave sin committed with full knowledge and consent (1857). Those who die in this state descend into hell (1035).

Penance: The sacrament of confessing sins committed after baptism to a priest for forgiveness and reconciliation to God and the Church (1456).

Purgatory: A place where those who die in God’s grace are punished and purified by fire for sins that have already been forgiven (1030-32, 1471).

Rosary: An expression of devotion to Mary, developed in the 11th century by Peter the Hermit, using beads to count 53 repetitious prayers to Mary, six to the Father, and six to the Trinity.

Sacraments: Seven efficacious signs of grace that are necessary for salvation and by which divine life is dispensed (1129).

Venial sin: A sin that merits only temporal punishment and does not deprive the sinner of grace, fellowship with God or eternal happiness.

Location hidden

#451732 Jun 13, 2013
<quoted text>
A straw man is a scarecrow ...a man outstanding in his field
with no brains and no guts...One that bends to every wind and gale that
comes across the field...every thing he wears is hand-me-downs.
"STRAWMAN/SCARECROW"
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#451733 Jun 13, 2013
OldJG wrote:
http://youtu.be/7alqlmr47fE
So they use computer animated characters in your services? I'm sure Jesus is really impressed.

#451734 Jun 13, 2013
who=" Anthony MN"
A priest cannot grant absolution to a person with whom he is a participant in the breaking of the commandment. In other words, if he's having an adulterous affair with a lady congregant, he is automatically excommunicated if he hears her confession of adultery and offers her absolution.

What if no priest is involved in the affair?

KayMarie
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#451735 Jun 13, 2013
http://www.catholic.org/prayers/prayer.php...

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, hail, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve: to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this vale of tears. Turn then, most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus, O merciful, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary! Amen.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#451736 Jun 13, 2013
OldJG wrote:
The Roman Catholic Oral Tradition is much like the game we all used to play as kids. It is called:
The Telephone Game
The Telephone Game is a game in which a message is passed on, in a whisper, by each of a number of people in a line. The final version of the message is often radically changed from the original
The Telephone Game is a situation where information is passed on in turn by a number of people becoming distorted in the process.
The Telephone Game...Roman Catholic Oral Tradition?
SAME GAME.....DIFFERENT PLAYERS
No the same at all. Not one letter of the NT written for at ten years after Jesus's ascension. How did the gospel spread uncorrupted during that time?
youtube

AOL

#451737 Jun 13, 2013

ANTICHRIST ..on world stage

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#451738 Jun 13, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? What date did Paul, who actually went to Rome, and Peter, who was NEVER in Rome, use the term Roman Catholic Church? This is news to me. Please explain.
<quoted text>
There is absolutely NO Biblical or non-Roman Catholic historical fact of Peter ever being in Rome. Peter was never in Rome. Never!
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
There's both. Thanks anyway.
Proof or speculation? How about some non-Roman Catholic proof from at least 3 sources which states what you declare. How about Biblical proof. We know Paul was in Rome and in jail. Stated....a FACT. Where does the Bible state Peter was in Rome? In Rome, not a supposed code name for Rome like Babylon. ROME!!!

Location hidden

#451739 Jun 13, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen as early as AD 42 as reported by Eusebius and says he preached til he was martyred around AD 67.
That is about as useful as tits on a boar, and you know it.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#451740 Jun 13, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So they use computer animated characters in your services? I'm sure Jesus is really impressed.
Is Jesus impressed with your rendition of His body? You know, the whole "cracker" thing?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#451741 Jun 13, 2013
OldJG wrote:
http://www.catholic.org/prayer s/prayer.php?p=122
Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, hail, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve: to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this vale of tears. Turn then, most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus, O merciful, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary! Amen.
http://www.catholic.org/prayers/rosary.php
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#451742 Jun 13, 2013
who=" Anthony MN"
A priest cannot grant absolution to a person with whom he is a participant in the breaking of the commandment. In other words, if he's having an adulterous affair with a lady congregant, he is automatically excommunicated if he hears her confession of adultery and offers her absolution.
What if no priest is involved in the affair?
KayMarie
The topic of discussion was Ox's statement that he was excommunicated for committing adultery (or maybe one of his ex-wives committed adultery). He was corrected in that one is not excommunicated fix committing adultery. He then erroneously quoted canon 977 thinking it proved his contention. Unfortunately he misunderstood what it was saying.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#451743 Jun 13, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Proof or speculation? How about some non-Roman Catholic proof from at least 3 sources which states what you declare. How about Biblical proof. We know Paul was in Rome and in jail. Stated....a FACT. Where does the Bible state Peter was in Rome? In Rome, not a supposed code name for Rome like Babylon. ROME!!!
He's buried there.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#451744 Jun 13, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Jesus impressed with your rendition of His body? You know, the whole "cracker" thing?
It is what He said it is. Yes, He approves.

#451745 Jun 13, 2013
who=" Anthony MN"
He's buried there.

Doesn't necessarily mean anything. Catholics were known to gather pieces of bone, etc. and venerate them. Whee did he die?

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
النبى ي... 3 min maher86 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min nanoanomaly 104,740
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Catcher1 981,317
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 16 min FireyFellow44 445,815
............"I never HAD any toys"....... 47 min Doctor REALITY 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Holy child Jehova... 46,176
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Holy child Jehova... 619,350
More from around the web