Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641262 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#446185 May 29, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
The roman catholic church has NEVER existed according to the scripture...It has no foundation in the Bible..
Amo 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.
There is no prophecy in the Old or New Testament to validate A ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH..
IT IS JUST NOT IN THERE...
Sure there is:

http://www.scripturecatholic.com/

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#446186 May 29, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
DOG the jealous stlaker who can't get no cyber-trim on any thread - LOL!
You are the one stalking women on Topix and asking them about their genitals, not me.

You are one demented POS.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#446187 May 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a PROUD Jew, and you are a PROUD Christian. If you are BOTH on other threads ... it's a question of who is "stalking" whom.
:)
When did I become a Jew ?

ROFLMAO
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#446188 May 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay
Here is the way I think about it..., God is like the sun, and some people are like planets, and others comets. Planets are very regular/orderly) in their orbits. Comets come from the colder regions and on their trajectory can crash into the sun, orbit the sun, or be a one-time hyperbolic journey(a fly-by).
Catholicism seeks order, and thus people can "orbit". But for those on a search for God and order, they are more parabolic, and thus run hot and cold, until they find their place in God's Creation. This allows for the variety of preaching.
Catholicism is Universal, and not simply earthbound. This is due to the most profound event in the Universe happening, the appearance of God in human form. It affects all of Creation. When one is a deeply converted person, their horizon expands, their view of space and time is transformed. Such is the desire for others to experience deep and profound conversion.
If as you say -- "It affects all of Creation," why are you and others in the West so lucky as to have a step up on the majority of humans?

After all, most humans don't get the message as young children and throughout childhood.

Why do you think any god would be so arbitrary as to give an advantage to those born into the "right" culture?

It's as if the earth is still the center of the universe, and certain places on earth get better treatment.

I can't imagine any god so arbitrary.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#446189 May 29, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Pipe down, Pops. Your blood pressure.
~~~

My fingers ..do not scream ...they have nothing to do with my blood pressure...

Typing capitol letters take no more energy than the lower case does.

But thanx... any way...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#446190 May 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So now that I comprehend you are of the Jewish faith,...
You just proved you aren't too intelligent.

I don't believe in any deities.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#446191 May 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
jethro8:
I consider your perspective of the human and planetary conditions quite similar to mine.
The problem is that just having a big brain doesn't guarantee it will be used for bettering the human condition.
So there must be some extra-human element which will be of help. And that is God. When we search within and without ourselves for solutions, we exercise the potential which God has in our lives.
Did you know that according to all Christian theology, Jews are not allowed in heaven unless they first become Christian.

That means that Jesus is not allowed in heaven.

Isn't THAT a major sin of some sort or another???

:)

Prince George, Canada

#446192 May 29, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Elohim is the plural: Gods.
El is the singular: El
El is the same as the Canaanite Father deity also called El.
The Canaanites also had a "Son of God" called Ba'El.
It was not until Moses introduced his Medianite wife's name for her tribal God (Yowie) that the Hebrew God became YHWY.
You are only ONE Jew, with one opinion. Other Jews believe that the one god's name was Elohim, and that Jehovah is Lord.

Isn't religion fun.

Did you know that Jews even took each other to court over who were the REAL Jews?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#446193 May 29, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, I looked that up again and this is what the Douay-Rheims translation says:
Psalm 82
6 For they have contrived with one consent: they have made a covenant together against thee,
Nothing like what you wrote.
What translation are you using?
WTF ?

Are you retarded or a bald faced liar ?

We have the original Hebrew manuscripts from 200 years before Jesus was born (DSS).
It does not say anything close to that gibberish.

'I said, "You are Gods. You are all Sons of the Most High!"' Psalm 82:6

http://biblehub.com/psalms/82-6.htm

Prince George, Canada

#446194 May 29, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
When did I become a Jew ?
ROFLMAO
Note the word "OUR" in your last sentence.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

What are you talking about ?

The Torah (esp. Leviticus) defines when, where and how sacrifices (few of them actually) were to take place. There is not a single human sacrifice in the entire Hebrew Scriptures.

You might as well say that our 4th of July picnic is a cannibalistic orgy; you would be as accurate.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#446195 May 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Being at peace with GOD to you means that you will be saved.
It certainly doesn't mean to you that you will go to hell.
You know it, and I know it ... so I suggest you stop being so silly.
For nearly all of the past 2000 years, "being saved" meant one thing.

Now that man has gained far more knowledge of the universe, the silliness and injustice in the "saved" concept becomes more clear and the rationalization begins anew.

Even the Pope now says that atheists can be saved.

This is a totally new teaching of the "teachings never change" CC.

Holy cow! Has god gone psych again?

What happens to all the souls previously condemned by the CC?

Do they get out of Hell now?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#446196 May 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
....Animal sacrifice is the ritual killing and offering of an animal to appease or maintain favour with a divine agency....
And in Judaism, 99% of the time the animal is then eaten.

Your BS of burning humans to a crisp is utter nonsense in ALL Abrahamic religions.

Prince George, Canada

#446197 May 29, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You just proved you aren't too intelligent.
I don't believe in any deities.
Then you are not a religious Jew, but you are an Atheist.

You can't have it both ways.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#446198 May 29, 2013
<quoted text>
The roman catholic church has NEVER existed according to the scripture...It has no foundation in the Bible..
Amo 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.
There is no prophecy in the Old or New Testament to validate A ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH..

Sure there is:

~~~

So go to the Bible and prove it is there.

give book chapter and verse from it original context

display your proof here...

I don't use links.

proof from the Roman Catholic church ...to me is no proof...at all...

2Co 10:12 For we dare not make ourselves

of the number,

or compare ourselves

with some that commend themselves:

but they measuring themselves by themselves, and

comparing themselves among themselves,

are not wise.

Prince George, Canada

#446199 May 29, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no evidence of any inter-Christian violence prior to Constantine. The only violence prior to Constantine was massive purging of Jews (and Christians to a much lesser extent and in most cases they were considered just another Jewish sect).
All Constantine did was install Imperial Rule (and legitimacy) over all Christians in the Empire.
That is your impression of history, and that is your right.

It's not my impression from what I have studied.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book,“History of Christianity,” by Clyde L. Manschreck … comes the following ……..

When Constantine legalized Christianity, he expected it to unify the empire sorely needing unity. Before Diocletian, during a seventy-year period, twenty-three emperors ruled. Of that number twenty were assassinated, one fell battling the Goths, one died a prisoner of the Persians, and one perished from the plague.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#446200 May 29, 2013
The Roman Catholic church is a part of a splinter
group that split off from the original Church of
Jesus Christ that has manage to exist by coercion
crusades, inquisitions fear and compromises of
heathen practices over the centuries.. That
aspires to be a world power,
It will be a major part of the rule of the
antichrist in the future...
Revelation deems it to be the "GREAT WHORE."
We've already gave you plenty of info on the crusades and inquisition. Many were from secular sources too.
Protestantism flourished because of the lies being spread about the Catholic Church.
Lets talk about CATHOLICISM and not the Church hierarchy for a second. Clearly, Catholic teaching is straight from the Apostles as evident by the writings of the Disciples of the Apostles. So no matter how much you hate to think of the Papacy in charge of continuing this faith....at least open up your mind to the truth in the teachings.

Prince George, Canada

#446201 May 29, 2013
The early Christians were nuttier than fruitcakes.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

From the book,“History of Christianity,” by Clyde L. Manschreck … comes the following ……..

In the fourth and fifth centuries, literally thousands of Christians expressed their religion in monasticism, often in bizarre ways, without benefit of sacraments, Bible, or clergy. They lived in caves, trees, tombs, holes, and mud huts. They killed the bath, encouraged vermin, fasted inordinately, seldom slept, wore coarse clothing, went barefooted, and attempted to outdo each one another in physical discomfort. The more they tried not to think of sex, the more they failed, so that sex was a constant problem. Some would not look at women, others would not allow a female cat about.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#446202 May 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure there is:
Apparently based on the proof provided you believe if one Roman Catholic lies and several others swear to it the lie becomes truth. Is this correct? This sounds much like the Roman Catholic "oral traditions" you consider equal to the Word of God, the Bible.

If you do have REAL proof, provide it from a non-Roman Catholic verifiable website. We await your response

Prince George, Canada

#446203 May 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Hahahahahahahaha

It seems that you believe the Catholics compiled what was in the bible for Protestant's ONLY.

Hilarious stuff!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#446204 May 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Note the word "OUR" in your last sentence.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
What are you talking about ?
The Torah (esp. Leviticus) defines when, where and how sacrifices (few of them actually) were to take place. There is not a single human sacrifice in the entire Hebrew Scriptures.
You might as well say that our 4th of July picnic is a cannibalistic orgy; you would be as accurate.
How does "our", as in "USA American" 4th of July celebration, make me a Jew?

You sure you aren't a Christian? You are getting as goofy as one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 min AussieBobby 44,309
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min pusherman_ 969,925
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 41 min It aint necessari... 37,874
Playboy (Feb '15) 2 hr ssewda34 13
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 2 hr Paul is dead 4,076
Moroccan men have the largest penis (Oct '13) 3 hr PROUD TO BE SERB ... 88
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Steve III 618,360
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 hr Anna 104,617
More from around the web