Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670327 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#446172 May 29, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You scream, Confrinting because no TRUE CHRISTIAN, especially Catholics believe "any of the heretical preaching" that you are spreading against Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church......... Your condemning and judgemental ministry, attacking the faith and salvation of other Christians--(Catholics in particular) continues to corrupt and pollute your mind, heart and soul...... All you ever do is quote (or better yet misquote scripture) and then interpret (or better yet mis-interpret scripture) adding your own anti-catholic editorialized (hatefilled) opinion to every comment you make!!...Rather that scratch your watch or wind your foot.. I would suggest that you take your defiant and rebellious "prodigal son ministry" and go live on your "isolated island" of hate, hostility and vengeance, in which you can join in with others like yourself, sharing in the "wailing and gnashing of teeth" against other Christians that you are "forever" judging, condemning and chastising!! As you continue to "sow thistles among the wheat" (Matthew 13:42) sooner or later, God will eventually deal with your judgmental, condemning and hostile heart that has "corrupted your soul"!... As a brother in Christ Confrinting, my family and I continue to pray each day at daily Mass that God Our Father will bring you to His TRUE Salvation in His Son Jesus Christ!!!
~~~

SINCE (in your mind) I am guilty of theft of God's word....

Your prayers for me would be with out Love and as worthless and

useless as your calisthenics...and rituals

1Ti_4:7 But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.

1Ti_4:8 For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#446173 May 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean the one and only Lord Jehovah. The one who (according to theology) told the Jews they were his chosen few, meaning he didn't come to save any except the Jews?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.
God (good). Throughout the Hebrew Scriptures two chief names are used for the one true divine being—ELOHIM, commonly translated God in our version, and JEHOVAH translated Lord.
Elohim is the plural: Gods.
El is the singular: El
El is the same as the Canaanite Father deity also called El.
The Canaanites also had a "Son of God" called Ba'El.
It was not until Moses introduced his Medianite wife's name for her tribal God (Yowie) that the Hebrew God became YHWY.
Human Being

Hosston, LA

#446174 May 29, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I think there is room enough in Heaven too. That's not at all what I'm saying.
If people get a superficial impression with the Catholic Mass, that's really not our fault. What are we supposed to do, change it? Its been the same in structure and substance since the Apostles gave it to us.(sure the Priest faces a different direction; its in other languages now; we have an organ etc).
I think its legitimate to question what's being practiced at those evangelical revivals as a whole. Individually, the participants are just trying to experience Christ, I think. I can't fault the individual.
But is it still Christianity when there is no Eucharist; the preacher is talking about being once saved always saved; he's saying that baptism by water is a unnecessary; he's saying Christ and God are not one being; and he's trashing the very Catholic Church that Jesus Christ established... Is that still a Christian worship service?
I don't believe it is because those teachings are new and didn't come from Jesus Christ.
The architect of the Catholic Mass is Him. The center of the Catholic Mass is the Eucharist (Him). The message is what the Apostles taught us.
So I don't think what I previously said is a case of 'removing the beam in my own eye'.
Clay

Here is the way I think about it..., God is like the sun, and some people are like planets, and others comets. Planets are very regular/orderly) in their orbits. Comets come from the colder regions and on their trajectory can crash into the sun, orbit the sun, or be a one-time hyperbolic journey(a fly-by).

Catholicism seeks order, and thus people can "orbit". But for those on a search for God and order, they are more parabolic, and thus run hot and cold, until they find their place in God's Creation. This allows for the variety of preaching.

Catholicism is Universal, and not simply earthbound. This is due to the most profound event in the Universe happening, the appearance of God in human form. It affects all of Creation. When one is a deeply converted person, their horizon expands, their view of space and time is transformed. Such is the desire for others to experience deep and profound conversion.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#446175 May 29, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
The Roman Catholic church is a part of a splinter
group that split off from the original Church of
Jesus Christ that has manage to exist by coercion
crusades, inquisitions fear and compromises of
heathen practices over the centuries.. That
aspires to be a world power,
It will be a major part of the rule of the
antichrist in the future...
Revelation deems it to be the "GREAT WHORE."
Continuing to "lie" and "making up" your own Protestant history book of "myths and legends, Confrinting does not change the TRUTH of TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH HISTORY. Jesus Christs One True (Universal-Catholic) Church has been historically and biblically PROVEN over and over and over again, to be initially formed, established and consummated by Jesus Christ HIMSELF over 2000 years....... Beginning with Our Lords first Church at Antioch it was the "only Catholic-Christian Church that Jesus initiated! Your "head buried in the sand" and denial of the first 1500 years of Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church only shows how "desperate" you have become using "false and heretical" preaching and comments in order to keep your bible only boat from sinking, more and more in "oblivion!! The worst part about it Confrinting is that "you know that you are "lying" when you speak of splittering of the Church. The (overwhelming) vast majority of Catholics and Protestants ALL KNOW that 16th century Reformation was the initial beginning of the dividing of the Church, initiated by Martin Luther. Lets see----now over 42,000 inconsistent, contradicting and conflicting hodge-podge of "relative truth" denominations (what each person thinks --for themselves--is truth. Total and continuous chaos. Or better yet Mass confusion. The only difference is that we, as Catholic have the TRUTH of the MASS and you bible only Protestants have the chaos and CONFUSION!!!

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#446176 May 29, 2013
Whether it is the torah or the new testament or any other religious book ... devout believers read in TO the words what they want the words to mean.

That is why there are approximately 38,000 different denominations of Christianity alone ... and that doesn't account for all the many, many splits in the other religions.

Prince George, Canada

#446177 May 29, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
What translation are you using?
:)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#446178 May 29, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
"waaasssuuup" wrote (on WINLAC):
"how about it if you let me worry about what i do and in turn i won't concern myself when you shave a beavis so you can get a better seal when you suck it?"
Such a wonderful Christian ! Brag on God!
DOG the jealous stlaker who can't get no cyber-trim on any thread - LOL!
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#446179 May 29, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
I GUESS I SHOULDN'T EXPECT GOOD SENSE FROM AN INFIDEL (SUCH AS YOUR SELF)...
BUT I TRULY NEVER EXPECT SUCH GROSS ARROGANCE..AND FOOLISNESS
QUESTION ...
IS YOURS THE SAME REASONING... THAT WAS USED
AGAINST THOSE
THAT YOUR CHURCH
TORTURED,
RAPED,
MURDERED, AND
BURNED AT THE STAKE
IN THE INQUISITION..
WERE THEY ACCUSED OF THE CRIME
OF STEALING THE WORD OF GOD,
FROM THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...
IS THAT THE REASON THAT YOUR CHURCH EXPRESSED NO GUILT FOR THE SODOMIZING OF THOUSANDS OF CHILDREN...WERE THEY CHARGED WITH THEFT ALSO...
DID THEY CHEAT IN YOUR RELIGIOUS OF BINGO?
Pipe down, Pops. Your blood pressure.

Prince George, Canada

#446180 May 29, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about ?
The Torah (esp. Leviticus) defines when, where and how sacrifices (few of them actually) were to take place. There is not a single human sacrifice in the entire Hebrew Scriptures.
You might as well say that our 4th of July picnic is a cannibalistic orgy; you would be as accurate.
So now that I comprehend you are of the Jewish faith, I will post the following.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

And the Rabbi said ... "WHAT ... they are hanging a new title called Christian on OUR god of The Old Testament???"

"Yes Rabbi!"

"Then they are saying that OUR God didn't tell the whole truth!"

"Yes Rabbi ... that is correct."

"BUT THEY ARE LYING!!!"

"It seems so Rabbi .......... Did you ever tell a lie such as that about other religions Rabbi?"

"Choke ... cough ... sputter ... WHEEEEEZZZZE!"

"RABBI ... ARE YOU ALRIGHT???"

"I believe so. It was that word 'LIE' that caught me off my guard."
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#446181 May 29, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
1. The Church DID write the Bible. The Apostles were Catholics. Their successors decided to put the Apostles writings together and adjoin them with the Hebrew Books Christians were using.
2. By rituals, I assume you are referring to the Holy Mass and Sacraments? They also came from the Apostles, and we clearly showed you it was in place long before Constantine and the Roman Empire became Christian.
3. We don't claim the sacred traditions from the Apostles take precedent over the Bible, just that they were in place... Before the Bible. Oral instructions are also the Word of God.
4. Where has the Church ever condemned you to Hell? On the flip side, you condemn every single creation from God to Hell, unless they FIT the criteria you established by interpreting being 'born again'. You've said often, that Catholics are not in this fold.
1Cor 14:33 FOR GOD IS NOT THE AUTHOR OF CONFUSION, BUT OF PEACE, AS IN ALL CHURCHES OF THE SAINTS
That's the Catholic position....the Churches who are universal; Catholic; in communion with Peter. Churches of THE SAINTS.
You can't steal 1cor 14:33 and use it against the very Church that told you it was scripture!
You said, quote, "1. The Church DID write the Bible. The Apostles were Catholics. Their successors decided to put the Apostles writings together and adjoin them with the Hebrew Books Christians were using." End quote.

You are without a doubt the most ignorant person to post on this or any other forum. The apostles were Roman Catholics? You have completely lost what little mind you have left. Every apostle was a JEW. Did you intend to say the universal (catholic) church?

You said, quote, "2. By rituals, I assume you are referring to the Holy Mass and Sacraments? They also came from the Apostles, and we clearly showed you it was in place long before Constantine and the Roman Empire became Christian." End quote.

Many non-Roman Catholics and former Roman Catholics have been in attendance at your church services or hocus pocus. Whatever you want to call it. When did Jesus use the word "mass"? When did any of the apostles use the word "mass" to describe a church service?

You said, quote, "3. We don't claim the sacred traditions from the Apostles take precedent over the Bible, just that they were in place... Before the Bible. Oral instructions are also the Word of God." End quote.

Liar.

You said, quote, "4. Where has the Church ever condemned you to Hell? On the flip side, you condemn every single creation from God to Hell, unless they FIT the criteria you established by interpreting being 'born again'. You've said often, that Catholics are not in this fold.
1Cor 14:33 FOR GOD IS NOT THE AUTHOR OF CONFUSION, BUT OF PEACE, AS IN ALL CHURCHES OF THE SAINTS
That's the Catholic position....the Churches who are universal; Catholic; in communion with Peter. Churches of THE SAINTS." End quote.

You wouldn't know the Bible if it fell in your lap. Apparently you used your famous Roman Catholic "black magic marker" to blot out those verses which contradict your pathetic theology.

John 3:3, "Jesus answered him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God."

John 3:7, "Do not marvel that I said to you,'You MUST be born again.'

I Peter 1:3, "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,"

I Peter 1:23, "since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God;"

Evidently Peter thought being "born again" had more than just a little importance. You might try to get a clue from the person you have repeatedly proclaimed to be your first pope.

We look forward to your next post to determine if any of this truth actually hit home.
Human Being

Hosston, LA

#446182 May 29, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>no i don't consider myself an atheist,they believe in hate towards religion,and i don't agree with their ideals,i don't consider myself anything really except like i posted,a realist/evolutionist,i look around an view the world as it is,and i see no deity involved with the lives of people,look how things are going,we're evolving technology wise but intelligence is evolving very slowly,people just don't seem to want to except the fact that the more we destroy this planet the closer we are pushing ourselves to extinction,you ask john smith what a tree is really for? and he won't be able to give you a correct answer,you'd get something like"they were created so birds an squirrels would have a safe place to build nests",people have this false belief that they are going to be saved by some resurrected guy named jesus,so they don't care what is happening to the planet,within the next 150 yrs. people are going to be in serious trouble because no one is caring today,it's pass the buck from generation to generation,let the next generation worry about it,i believe in global warming,our weather patterns are changing for the worst we've had 3 tornado warnings up here in the northeast,that's unheard of,we get hurricanes but tornadoes are/were extremely rare.i know we need jobs and the construction industry is one of the biggest employees,but covering over farm land for a shopping mall must stop,instead of destroying what little forests we have left,they should be rebuilding the cities that already exist,there are hundreds of run down uninhabitable buildings in all major cities which would keep the construction industry going for decades to come,population is getting larger by the year,how are we going to feed these people? it will be impossible,it is happening today, i'm sure you've seen the t.v. commercials about starving children in third world countries,instead of asking for money they should be asking people for help to teach these people to grow their own food,improve their water quality,these are things that all charities could help in doing,including all churches. educate these people not just give them hand outs.
jethro8:

I consider your perspective of the human and planetary conditions quite similar to mine.

The problem is that just having a big brain doesn't guarantee it will be used for bettering the human condition.

So there must be some extra-human element which will be of help. And that is God. When we search within and without ourselves for solutions, we exercise the potential which God has in our lives.

Prince George, Canada

#446183 May 29, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a PROUD Jew, and you are a PROUD Christian. If you are BOTH on other threads ... it's a question of who is "stalking" whom.

Prince George, Canada

#446184 May 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay
Here is the way I think about it..., God is like the sun, and some people are like planets, and others comets. Planets are very regular/orderly) in their orbits. Comets come from the colder regions and on their trajectory can crash into the sun, orbit the sun, or be a one-time hyperbolic journey(a fly-by).
Catholicism seeks order, and thus people can "orbit". But for those on a search for God and order, they are more parabolic, and thus run hot and cold, until they find their place in God's Creation. This allows for the variety of preaching.
Catholicism is Universal, and not simply earthbound. This is due to the most profound event in the Universe happening, the appearance of God in human form. It affects all of Creation. When one is a deeply converted person, their horizon expands, their view of space and time is transformed. Such is the desire for others to experience deep and profound conversion.
You wouldn't just happen to be a Catholic ... would you???

Hahahahahahahahaha
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#446185 May 29, 2013
<quoted text>
The roman catholic church has NEVER existed according to the scripture...It has no foundation in the Bible..
Amo 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.
There is no prophecy in the Old or New Testament to validate A ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH..
IT IS JUST NOT IN THERE...
Sure there is:

http://www.scripturecatholic.com/

“"None shall pass"”

There

#446186 May 29, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one stalking women on Topix and asking them about their genitals, not me.

You are one demented POS.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#446187 May 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a PROUD Jew, and you are a PROUD Christian. If you are BOTH on other threads ... it's a question of who is "stalking" whom.
When did I become a Jew ?

ROFLMAO
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#446188 May 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay
If as you say -- "It affects all of Creation," why are you and others in the West so lucky as to have a step up on the majority of humans?

After all, most humans don't get the message as young children and throughout childhood.

Why do you think any god would be so arbitrary as to give an advantage to those born into the "right" culture?

It's as if the earth is still the center of the universe, and certain places on earth get better treatment.

I can't imagine any god so arbitrary.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#446189 May 29, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Pipe down, Pops. Your blood pressure.
~~~

My fingers ..do not scream ...they have nothing to do with my blood pressure...

Typing capitol letters take no more energy than the lower case does.

But thanx... any way...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#446190 May 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So now that I comprehend you are of the Jewish faith,...
You just proved you aren't too intelligent.

I don't believe in any deities.

Prince George, Canada

#446191 May 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
jethro8:
I consider your perspective of the human and planetary conditions quite similar to mine.
The problem is that just having a big brain doesn't guarantee it will be used for bettering the human condition.
So there must be some extra-human element which will be of help. And that is God. When we search within and without ourselves for solutions, we exercise the potential which God has in our lives.
Did you know that according to all Christian theology, Jews are not allowed in heaven unless they first become Christian.

That means that Jesus is not allowed in heaven.

Isn't THAT a major sin of some sort or another???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 12 min Clearwater 100,404
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 18 min Peter Ross 6,147
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 20 min Peter Ross 445,656
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 27 min Aura Mytha 980,150
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr shkreli zionism 121,925
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 5 hr Libhater 58
Treating others with respect 5 hr Sherry Denise N 13
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 hr Pegasus 286,455
More from around the web