Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 692215 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#446155 May 29, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>i don't hate it,i dislike it.
So you believe that you just "dislike" religion, but you insist that Atheist "hate" religion.

Where is that line that you find so definite between dislike and hate?

:)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#446156 May 29, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I SCREAM.... BECAUSE... YOU ARE DEAF... DUMB... AND BLIND...
My guess is you scream because you are throwing a tantrum of wanting others to believe as you believe.

To perceive that others are deaf, dumb and blind ... means that you perceive your self as clairvoyant.

You might believe your own rhetoric is the REAL DEAL, but it's obvious that others disagree.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#446157 May 29, 2013
The Roman Catholic church is a part of a splinter

group that split off from the original Church of

Jesus Christ that has manage to exist by coercion

crusades, inquisitions fear and compromises of

heathen practices over the centuries.. That

aspires to be a world power,

It will be a major part of the rule of the

antichrist in the future...

Revelation deems it to be the "GREAT WHORE."
Human Being

Hosston, LA

#446158 May 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How, by admitting that I don't know the past, present or future, do you believe I over-generalize?
You are the one who is certain that you will be saved and others will go to hell.
From my perception you are WAY over-generalizing.
Especially since maybe it is the reverse in that you will go to hell and others will be saved.
Is that "general" enough for you?
June VanDerMark:

You may be right. I have no way of being certain. But from what you write, I have to use my brain, to answer. And what I observe is that you overgeneralize the subject of religion and apply it to specific people and their view.

People react in different ways to be pigeon-holed. But at least you get a reaction with people.

As for being "saved". It is an over-used word, which is vague to some, and seems to morph from person to person. I prefer more descriptive words of being at peace with God.
Pad

Fishers, IN

#446159 May 29, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to jump in here.
Just 2 points ..why would anyone want Catholics to change the Mass. It has beauty and God loves when we worship Him.
The other is ..the last church I have attended was Baptist.I also listen to a Calvary preacher.
In their preaching they don't even mention Catholics. Why would we..
We worship the same trinity you do. Father ..Son and Holy Spirit.
I think there are a lot of misunderstanding .I was almost afraid to set foot in a Baptist church .(Was raised Catholic)' they have to be the most loving and caring people I have ever met. ESpecially the pastor.
I did go to one Pres church for a while. Something their new pastor said put me off. But the old pastor was nice .
Point is they all preached salvation through the previous blood of our Savior.
Protestants have ideas on Catholics too. One I talked to asked me if Communion tasted like MEAT!!!!
SO MANY MISUNDERSTANDINGS. And your pope John Paul trying to bridge all that. IMO both sides here should listen to this holy man.
You are very open-minded. My question is,why are you visiting so many different churches?

"Grow where you are planted" when you plant your roots somehwere,finally you can come to a conclusion that God wants you there,and stay till HE alone gives you the Go or the leave as it were.That is why I am not leaving the church I go to.I may not like evertything that goes on there,but ultimately I belong there,because He placed me in that setting,my family has grown spiritually,and God is owrking things out using that setting for us.

The only conversion I ever knew or care to know now is to Christ Jesus the Lord,who gave Himself for us at Calvary.I do not believe that we should be converted to a church.Churches as built by human hands are not the C H U R C H as the Body of Christ.Spiritually we must know HIM,and the fellowship of His suffering.Where He decides to place us is His call for each and everyone of us.

It is important that when you visit other houses of worship,that you ask the Lord two questions: 1.Why am I visiting this church? 2.What do you want me to see here?

You may find that the first question He may answer,"you are visiting the church on your own desire,not necessarily from my leading."

on the second question "since you are here do you see ME,do you sense My presence,are you willing to stay if I ask you to,or will you leave no matter what you think you saw there that you may like?" No matter what,the house of wroship you visit belongs to the Lord,and He wants the best for you.If you are suppose to be in a particular Catholic church,and you are rebelling against the Lord,repent,and return there. God is using His people everywhere,and wants us only to obey and seek His will.

ENJOY the Lord wherever you go!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#446160 May 29, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
I SCREAM.... BECAUSE... YOU ARE DEAF... DUMB... AND BLIND...
Should I continue to write Scriptures?...

I don't know whether I should scratch my watch,...
or wind my foot.
You scream, Confrinting because no TRUE CHRISTIAN, especially Catholics believe "any of the heretical preaching" that you are spreading against Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church......... Your condemning and judgemental ministry, attacking the faith and salvation of other Christians--(Catholics in particular) continues to corrupt and pollute your mind, heart and soul...... All you ever do is quote (or better yet misquote scripture) and then interpret (or better yet mis-interpret scripture) adding your own anti-catholic editorialized (hatefilled) opinion to every comment you make!!...Rather that scratch your watch or wind your foot.. I would suggest that you take your defiant and rebellious "prodigal son ministry" and go live on your "isolated island" of hate, hostility and vengeance, in which you can join in with others like yourself, sharing in the "wailing and gnashing of teeth" against other Christians that you are "forever" judging, condemning and chastising!! As you continue to "sow thistles among the wheat" (Matthew 13:42) sooner or later, God will eventually deal with your judgmental, condemning and hostile heart that has "corrupted your soul"!... As a brother in Christ Confrinting, my family and I continue to pray each day at daily Mass that God Our Father will bring you to His TRUE Salvation in His Son Jesus Christ!!!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#446161 May 29, 2013
On the program "Truth Seekers," when the army did tests on pilots to see how gravitational forces affected the pilots, they found that after the pilots regained consciousness, some of them had the same things happen to them as those who had near death experiences, in that they saw deceased relatives, the tunnel with the light ... euphoric states of being, etc.

One thing those performing the tests noticed about the pilots is that after the experience they were much nicer people and wanted to treat others in a kind manner.

The conflict IS, that just as did the Roman emperor Constantine need warriors, not lovers ... the present army did not need pilots training to be "nicer" people. They need "fighter" pilots.

That was and is the conundrum.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#446162 May 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:

As for being "saved". It is an over-used word, which is vague to some, and seems to morph from person to person. I prefer more descriptive words of being at peace with God.
Hhmm, I like that. I prefer to be at peace with God as well!

Have a great day! SL :)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#446163 May 29, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You scream, Confrinting because no TRUE CHRISTIAN,
Another TRUE CHRISTIAN screams to be heard.

:)

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#446164 May 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. From my perspective, Constantine knew that many of the Gnostics would not fight as in join the army, yet they would fight among their selves over who had the truth of a god in their corner....
There is no evidence of any inter-Christian violence prior to Constantine. The only violence prior to Constantine was massive purging of Jews (and Christians to a much lesser extent and in most cases they were considered just another Jewish sect).

All Constantine did was install Imperial Rule (and legitimacy) over all Christians in the Empire.

#446165 May 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
You may be right. I have no way of being certain. But from what you write, I have to use my brain, to answer. And what I observe is that you overgeneralize the subject of religion and apply it to specific people and their view.
People react in different ways to be pigeon-holed. But at least you get a reaction with people.
YOU WROTE...

BEING SAVED OR POSSESSING SALVATION bring us to the definition of salvation...

Exo_15:2 The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my "salvation:"***

("SALVATION" USED HERE.... DEFINED IN HEBREW...

H3444
&#1497;&#1513;&#14 73;&#1493;&#1468;& #1506;&#1492;
>yeshu&#770;&#8219; a&#770;h...-->IS JESUS IN HEBREW<
yesh-oo'-aw
Feminine passive participle of H3467;

something saved,

that is,(abstractly)

deliverance; hence aid,

victory,

prosperity:-

deliverance,

health, help (-ing),

salvation, save, saving (health), welfare.)

he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#446166 May 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Being at peace with GOD to you means that you will be saved.

It certainly doesn't mean to you that you will go to hell.

You know it, and I know it ... so I suggest you stop being so silly.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#446167 May 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Non-human animals and humans were burned to a crisp in the bonfires that were meant to appease the anger of the supposed gods.
There was nothing left TO eat.
What are you talking about ?

The Torah (esp. Leviticus) defines when, where and how sacrifices (few of them actually) were to take place. There is not a single human sacrifice in the entire Hebrew Scriptures.

You might as well say that our 4th of July picnic is a cannibalistic orgy; you would be as accurate.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#446168 May 29, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Then why have they edited...added to it.
.Why don't they live by it...why do they fight against it...
Why do the hate others because the expect them to abide by it's teachings?
Why don't they believe it....
Simply because Christianity is 38,000 different sects, none of which agree and none of which know a goddam thing about the religion of Jesus or the history of their own religion.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#446169 May 29, 2013
Pad wrote:
<
ENJOY the Lord wherever you go!
Do you mean the one and only Lord Jehovah. The one who (according to theology) told the Jews they were his chosen few, meaning he didn't come to save any except the Jews?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.

God (good). Throughout the Hebrew Scriptures two chief names are used for the one true divine being—ELOHIM, commonly translated God in our version, and JEHOVAH translated Lord.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#446170 May 29, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should read it someday. It is full of surprises!
"I(EL) Said you are Gods (Elohim). You are all sons of the Most High." Psalm 82:6
We are all Gods and Sons of God according to the Bible.
Why don't you believe what the Bible clearly says ?
Ok, I looked that up again and this is what the Douay-Rheims translation says:

Psalm 82
6 For they have contrived with one consent: they have made a covenant together against thee,

Nothing like what you wrote.
What translation are you using?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#446171 May 29, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about ?
The Torah (esp. Leviticus) defines when, where and how sacrifices (few of them actually) were to take place. There is not a single human sacrifice in the entire Hebrew Scriptures.
You might as well say that our 4th of July picnic is a cannibalistic orgy; you would be as accurate.
You can take religion out of the human beast, but you can't take the human beast out of religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Animal sacrifice is the ritual killing and offering of an animal to appease or maintain favour with a divine agency. Such forms of sacrifice are practised within many religions around the world and have appeared historically in almost all cultures, including those of the Sumerians, Hebrews, Greeks, Romans, Germanics, Celts, Aztecs, and Mayans.

All or only part of a sacrificial animal may be offered, especially in the context of ritual slaughter.

Remnants of ancient animal sacrifice can also be found in various contemporary practices, the kapparos and shechita of Judaism and &#7695;ab&#299;&#7 717;ah of Islam, for example.

http://www.topix.com/forum/post/reply

#446172 May 29, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You scream, Confrinting because no TRUE CHRISTIAN, especially Catholics believe "any of the heretical preaching" that you are spreading against Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church......... Your condemning and judgemental ministry, attacking the faith and salvation of other Christians--(Catholics in particular) continues to corrupt and pollute your mind, heart and soul...... All you ever do is quote (or better yet misquote scripture) and then interpret (or better yet mis-interpret scripture) adding your own anti-catholic editorialized (hatefilled) opinion to every comment you make!!...Rather that scratch your watch or wind your foot.. I would suggest that you take your defiant and rebellious "prodigal son ministry" and go live on your "isolated island" of hate, hostility and vengeance, in which you can join in with others like yourself, sharing in the "wailing and gnashing of teeth" against other Christians that you are "forever" judging, condemning and chastising!! As you continue to "sow thistles among the wheat" (Matthew 13:42) sooner or later, God will eventually deal with your judgmental, condemning and hostile heart that has "corrupted your soul"!... As a brother in Christ Confrinting, my family and I continue to pray each day at daily Mass that God Our Father will bring you to His TRUE Salvation in His Son Jesus Christ!!!
~~~

SINCE (in your mind) I am guilty of theft of God's word....

Your prayers for me would be with out Love and as worthless and

useless as your calisthenics...and rituals

1Ti_4:7 But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.

1Ti_4:8 For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#446173 May 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean the one and only Lord Jehovah. The one who (according to theology) told the Jews they were his chosen few, meaning he didn't come to save any except the Jews?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.
God (good). Throughout the Hebrew Scriptures two chief names are used for the one true divine being—ELOHIM, commonly translated God in our version, and JEHOVAH translated Lord.
Elohim is the plural: Gods.
El is the singular: El
El is the same as the Canaanite Father deity also called El.
The Canaanites also had a "Son of God" called Ba'El.
It was not until Moses introduced his Medianite wife's name for her tribal God (Yowie) that the Hebrew God became YHWY.
Human Being

Hosston, LA

#446174 May 29, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I think there is room enough in Heaven too. That's not at all what I'm saying.
If people get a superficial impression with the Catholic Mass, that's really not our fault. What are we supposed to do, change it? Its been the same in structure and substance since the Apostles gave it to us.(sure the Priest faces a different direction; its in other languages now; we have an organ etc).
I think its legitimate to question what's being practiced at those evangelical revivals as a whole. Individually, the participants are just trying to experience Christ, I think. I can't fault the individual.
But is it still Christianity when there is no Eucharist; the preacher is talking about being once saved always saved; he's saying that baptism by water is a unnecessary; he's saying Christ and God are not one being; and he's trashing the very Catholic Church that Jesus Christ established... Is that still a Christian worship service?
I don't believe it is because those teachings are new and didn't come from Jesus Christ.
The architect of the Catholic Mass is Him. The center of the Catholic Mass is the Eucharist (Him). The message is what the Apostles taught us.
So I don't think what I previously said is a case of 'removing the beam in my own eye'.
Clay

Here is the way I think about it..., God is like the sun, and some people are like planets, and others comets. Planets are very regular/orderly) in their orbits. Comets come from the colder regions and on their trajectory can crash into the sun, orbit the sun, or be a one-time hyperbolic journey(a fly-by).

Catholicism seeks order, and thus people can "orbit". But for those on a search for God and order, they are more parabolic, and thus run hot and cold, until they find their place in God's Creation. This allows for the variety of preaching.

Catholicism is Universal, and not simply earthbound. This is due to the most profound event in the Universe happening, the appearance of God in human form. It affects all of Creation. When one is a deeply converted person, their horizon expands, their view of space and time is transformed. Such is the desire for others to experience deep and profound conversion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 14 min Trump is a joke 47,483
Boys spying on their sisters (Jun '11) 1 hr John 7
Add me on Skype for fun summerun1 1 hr Summerun1 1
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 1 hr youareadufus 504
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr youareadufus 990,751
Here’s What Oil Drilling Looks Like in the Arct... 5 hr Guy from Latonia 1
Budha Prolly Went To He11 10 hr Smiley 7
More from around the web