Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687412 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#446094 May 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Had all the religious factions been doing fine, Constantine would probably have left them alone. But from what I have studied, they were not doing fine. There were many factions fighting among each other as to whose version was on the righteous path and whose was on the evil path.
Yep. Like feuding children.
Then Papa Constantine chose his favorite son and murderered the rest of the children; then the Roman Church murdered any bastard children that popped up over the next 1500 years.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#446095 May 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Christians that killed each other as heretics seemed certain they of the "light" side of the god.
Even the Christian Deity called Satan thinks he is the good one.

I love fiction. I don't understand how people think it is reality though.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#446096 May 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The men of the cloth couldn't seem to make you their minds whether Arius was a heretic or a saint.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
Arianism
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Arianism is the theological teaching of Arius (ca. AD 250–336), a Church priest, who was first ruled a heretic at the First Council of Nicea of 325, later exonerated in 335 at the First Synod of Tyre[1], and then pronounced a heretic again after his death at the First Council of Constantinople of 381[2]. The Roman Emperors Constantius II (337-361) and Valens (364-378) were Arians or Semi-Arians.
Most of the peoples of Germania were Arian (much confusion about that since WWII). That they were called heathens and pagans was Catholic propaganda. The 'Northern Barbarians' were as much "Christian" as the "Roman Empire they were invading.

The Franks didn't convert to Christianity, they converted from Arianism to Catholicism.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#446097 May 29, 2013
News Item This Morning:

The Vatican corrected The Pope, pointing out that atheists are still going to hell. In his May 22 mass, Pope Francis made a bold statement that even atheists have been redeemed with the Blood of Christ. Now a Vatican spokesman has clarified the comments, contending that atheists can still expect to go to hell.

Pope Francis’ address was broadcast on Vatican Radio on May 22. The theme of the mass was simply “doing good.” The Pope explained that every man and women was created in the likeness of God, and therefore should and must do good. He specifically pointed out that everyone, not just Catholics, are capable of doing good...

The following day Vatican spokesman The Reverend Thomas Rosica, issued an “explanatory note.” The Vatican corrected The Pope’s previous statements, pointing out that atheists are still going to hell.

In the note, Rosica explained that those who “refuse to enter” the Catholic Church “cannot be saved.” He clarified Pope Francis’ intention by pointing out that anyone is capable of being saved, only if they choose to convert to Catholicism.

It seems that Catholics also have a variety of opinions...

KayMarie
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#446098 May 29, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
<quoted text>Such A Thing as right and wrong And guess because it is your church it is ok right
I disagree with your premise that we have ever added or taken away. Period. Who told you we did?

#446099 May 29, 2013
who="Black Thunder 42"
I will make this my last post to you.
You may have not believed anything I have said to you in previous posts. That is your prerogative. What I have said is reality-I have no need or purpose to lie. My wife died in my arms in the middle of a hospital parking lot at the emergency room doors, and they wouldn't even try to revive her at 34 ya. I don't want to get into the specifics of it all. We had two children that I had to be both mom and dad to from then on. I crashed a highly successful business because I was absolutely devastated as were my children. Long story short...we got back up and survived(if that's what you want to call it). It would have been easier for me to have died in the gang fight that I related to you, but that's not the way shit works I guess. I would gladly trade places with their mother any day---and EVEN RIGHT NOW-THIS VERY MINUTE! If there was a devil that would take my deal, I would do it in a heartbeat! I don't even care about me. But there is not, so it is what it is.
I know how you feel June. It has taken me almost an hour just to type this fkn BS, and I hate every millisecond of it, but now it is done.

There is hope for you, though it looks hopeless. God didn't bring about all that sorrow. You didn't say what happened to her, but I am sure that it was not something 'good'; it was evil.
On the cross Jesus suffered every heartache that men have, so that He could 'feel' our sorrow when it comes.

He even felt that emptiness that we feel when it seems that everyone...even God...has forsaken us. He cried out, "My God, My God, why have YOU forsaken me? It appeared to be so (it was not), but He had to experience it FOR ALL OF US.

The truth was that as soon as He cried out,'God THUNDERED in the heavens!' The Holy Spirit came to Jesus' aid...and He won the victory.

You can't see it all at the moment...but if you will BELIEVE THE GOOD NEWS of Jesus, I can assure you that you will find the joy and peace that only comes from Him.

KayMarie
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#446100 May 29, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't listen to those who say something i can't verify in the Bible, God's Word.
Who says, that every word, every phrase, and every sentence MUST be in the bible in order for it to be true! The "only people that believe this "made up" belief are YOU and your OTHER "bible only" (self opinionated) man-made Protestant's. Sola Scriptura was NEVER believed by anybody until the 17th century----and it is not taught, believed or written ANYWHERE in the bible. John 20:31 says, "Jesus proclaimed and did many other signs in the presence of his disciples THAT ARE NOT WRITTEN AND RECORDED IN THIS BOOK!!! But these things are written that you may come to believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. and that through this belief (whether written or not) that you may have life in His name." Come to the FULLNESS of the Truth and the FULNESS of the faith in Jesus Christ, in and through His (historically and biblically Proven, One True Catholic Church Marge, instead of "making things up"!!
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#446101 May 29, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
News Item This Morning:
The Vatican corrected The Pope, pointing out that atheists are still going to hell. In his May 22 mass, Pope Francis made a bold statement that even atheists have been redeemed with the Blood of Christ. Now a Vatican spokesman has clarified the comments, contending that atheists can still expect to go to hell.
Pope Francis’ address was broadcast on Vatican Radio on May 22. The theme of the mass was simply “doing good.” The Pope explained that every man and women was created in the likeness of God, and therefore should and must do good. He specifically pointed out that everyone, not just Catholics, are capable of doing good...
The following day Vatican spokesman The Reverend Thomas Rosica, issued an “explanatory note.” The Vatican corrected The Pope’s previous statements, pointing out that atheists are still going to hell.
In the note, Rosica explained that those who “refuse to enter” the Catholic Church “cannot be saved.” He clarified Pope Francis’ intention by pointing out that anyone is capable of being saved, only if they choose to convert to Catholicism.
It seems that Catholics also have a variety of opinions...
KayMarie
The Pope never said atheist are going to heaven in the first place, you guys said he said it. The Vatican just cleared up the rumors.
Anyone can see that Atheist can do good works. The Pope was recognizing that common bond that Christians have with them in that department.

#446102 May 29, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with your premise that we have ever added or taken away. Period. Who told you we did?
~~~~~~

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IS THE EPITOME OF CONFUSION..

1.IT CLAIMS TO HAVE WRITTEN THE BIBLE

which does not include your heathen practices...

2.THEN THEY ADD THEIR HEATHEN CALISTHENICS RITUALS DOGMA,AND CONJECTURE

3.AFTER THEIR HEATHEN CALISTHENICS ARE ADDED....

THEY CLAIM THAT THEIR INVENTIONS/HEATHEN CALISTHENICS TAKE

PRECEDENCE OVER THE BIBLE...

4.NEXT....THEY ATTEMPT

TO CONDEMN

ALL THOSE

THAT BELIEVE THE BIBLE

TO BE THE WORD OF GOD TO HELL,

BECAUSE THEY DO NOT ACCEPT

THEIR HEATHEN CALISTHENICS.

~~~

1Co_14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

SO WHERE DOES GOD FIT INTO THE ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SYSTEM??

“"None shall pass"”

There

#446103 May 29, 2013
So....if I am not a Catholic I will not end up spending eternity with Catholics ?

Great!

Now how do I get rid of the other Christians ?
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#446104 May 29, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
"I (YHWH/EL) said,'You are ALL Gods! You are all Sons of the Most High!' Psalm 82
OK.
I am a God, You are a God, Jesus was a God, EVERYONE is a God.
Are you a God of Light or Darkness ? THAT is all that matters.
What particular translation of the Bible are you using here?
And are you sure you are looking at Psalm 82?
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#446105 May 29, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~~~
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IS THE EPITOME OF CONFUSION..
1.IT CLAIMS TO HAVE WRITTEN THE BIBLE
which does not include your heathen practices...
2.THEN THEY ADD THEIR HEATHEN CALISTHENICS RITUALS DOGMA,AND CONJECTURE
3.AFTER THEIR HEATHEN CALISTHENICS ARE ADDED....
THEY CLAIM THAT THEIR INVENTIONS/HEATHEN CALISTHENICS TAKE
PRECEDENCE OVER THE BIBLE...
4.NEXT....THEY ATTEMPT
TO CONDEMN
ALL THOSE
THAT BELIEVE THE BIBLE
TO BE THE WORD OF GOD TO HELL,
BECAUSE THEY DO NOT ACCEPT
THEIR HEATHEN CALISTHENICS.
~~~
1Co_14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
SO WHERE DOES GOD FIT INTO THE ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SYSTEM??
1. The Church DID write the Bible. The Apostles were Catholics. Their successors decided to put the Apostles writings together and adjoin them with the Hebrew Books Christians were using.

2. By rituals, I assume you are referring to the Holy Mass and Sacraments? They also came from the Apostles, and we clearly showed you it was in place long before Constantine and the Roman Empire became Christian.

3. We don't claim the sacred traditions from the Apostles take precedent over the Bible, just that they were in place... Before the Bible. Oral instructions are also the Word of God.

4. Where has the Church ever condemned you to Hell? On the flip side, you condemn every single creation from God to Hell, unless they FIT the criteria you established by interpreting being 'born again'. You've said often, that Catholics are not in this fold.

1Cor 14:33 FOR GOD IS NOT THE AUTHOR OF CONFUSION, BUT OF PEACE, AS IN ALL CHURCHES OF THE SAINTS

That's the Catholic position....the Churches who are universal; Catholic; in communion with Peter. Churches of THE SAINTS.

You can't steal 1cor 14:33 and use it against the very Church that told you it was scripture!

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#446106 May 29, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't follow them anyway, so why should you even care?
....said the hypocrite to the evangelist;)

#446107 May 29, 2013
who="Clay"
The Pope never said atheist are going to heaven in the first place, you guys said he said it. The Vatican just cleared up the rumors.
Anyone can see that Atheist can do good works. The Pope was recognizing that common bond that Christians have with them in that department.

I posted what the Pope said, though I had to chop some of it off because it was too much for Topix.

Here is part of the news item this morning:

KayMarie

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#446108 May 29, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
By the way when you or someone says they love you they lie because love is the keeping of the law....
Understanding only comes from the reverence Of the creator. And scripture even telsl you this. but you will not gain understanding worshiping a man made god you are better off to call him your heavenly father the great spirit anything but god and why can you not see that man changed his name oh!!!! that's right you never reverenced Yahweh And or the creator. and he even tells you and you will cause them to forget my name if you were to read the scripture correctly it would read
I am your heavenly father Yahweh and you shall worship no god and or gods.
And for all you who think we are not under the law he says I have not come to destroy the law but to establish it and yes this is the new testament.
and what makes YOU think you'll escape the wrath to come on all unbelievers???

contrary to popular pagan belief, the devil and those doing his work will NOT be chief rulers in hell, but they will receive their proper form of punishment and be the most tormented, the lowest and most despised.

get out while the get'n is good, dummy!:)

#446109 May 29, 2013
who="G_O_D" So....if I am not a Catholic I will not end up spending eternity with Catholics ?
Great!
Now how do I get rid of the other Christians ?

If you don't like Christians, you can go to h---. They won't be down there.

KayMarie
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#446110 May 29, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, he never said that. It was the media that said he did.

I'm also reading statements that the Vatican "corrected" the "infallible" Pope. After all this time they don't know that infallibility comes into play only in very, very limited circumstances, like hardly every?

I feel sorry for people who believe everything they read in the secular press. Although I guess it serves a purpose, especially if one is an anti-Catholic bigot.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#446111 May 29, 2013
Moses wrote:
The Catholic Church is the only church that can trace its origins to Christ and his apostles. Protestantism is a heresy.
When an organization only uses less than six of the original Apostles, then it could be easy to advance the notion of an Apostolic Succession, but unfortunately, you forgot to include - within that supposed line - the many popes that either died in office only after 30 days, the popes that were 'bad', or other individuals that died while playing the Pope.

If it requires one Pope to pass on the papal mysteries completely, then one can use logic and say that this didn't happen at those times.

It's all a ruse to make you, a follower, believe the ruse.

#446112 May 29, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
1. The Church DID write the Bible. The Apostles were Catholics. Their successors decided to put the Apostles writings together and adjoin them with the Hebrew Books Christians were using.
2. By rituals, I assume you are referring to the Holy Mass and Sacraments? They also came from the Apostles, and we clearly showed you it was in place long before Constantine and the Roman Empire became Christian.
3. We don't claim the sacred traditions from the Apostles take precedent over the Bible, just that they were in place... Before the Bible. Oral instructions are also the Word of God.
4. Where has the Church ever condemned you to Hell? On the flip side, you condemn every single creation from God to Hell, unless they FIT the criteria you established by interpreting being 'born again'. You've said often, that Catholics are not in this fold.
1Cor 14:33 FOR GOD IS NOT THE AUTHOR OF CONFUSION, BUT OF PEACE, AS IN ALL CHURCHES OF THE SAINTS
That's the Catholic position....the Churches who are universal; Catholic; in communion with Peter. Churches of THE SAINTS.
You can't steal 1cor 14:33 and use it against the very Church that told you it was scripture!
~~~

YOU WROTE

HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA,...I NEVER HEARD SUCH FOOLISHNESS IN ALL MY 78 YEARS...

QUESTION

Just whom am I stealing the word of God from...
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#446113 May 29, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
June I am not even going to begin to know your grief over your daughters death.
I am truly sorry I never lost a child.
I do not believe you opt out of believing in God because of that.
People who love God usually draw closer to Him in time of grief.
Thank you.

At the time my daughter took her life she was in a lot of emotional and physical pain and wanted both to end. I actually was comforted that just before she took her life she had faith that she would be loved by a god.

When I spoke at her memorial, I suggested that I believed god was of the character of love, so anger did not come into my mind or being at all ... and neither did anger arise in my over that issue at a later time.

I stopped believing because of the reasons I already explained.

I'm not sad that I lost my belief in a creator, but rather I feel freed from all the dogmas that as a child were put upon me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min nanoanomaly 987,411
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 9 min Mr Wiggley 31,574
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr Prophet Meowmed 39,264
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Prophet Meowmed 286,598
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Peter Ross 6,494
Trump: "Get that Son of a B- - - - off the fiel... 5 hr HFCS - What It Is 2
the REAL reasons O.J. Simpson beat murder charges 9 hr Doctor REALITY 31
More from around the web