Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658633 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#446048 May 28, 2013
In a nasty wind and snow-storm a big branch from a tree went flying from one neighbor's yard, over the fence and crashed into his other neighbor's car, causing extensive damage.

The judge in court classified it as "an act of God."

Apparently that idiocy is still written into the books of law simply because law-makers are not motivated to change the law.

It seems to be perceived as "a keeper."

I would prefer the terminology that the mishap was caused by "a natural occurrence.”

It's highly unlikely that a god broke off the branch and threw it over the fence.

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#446049 May 28, 2013
The men of the cloth couldn't seem to make you their minds whether Arius was a heretic or a saint.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Arianism

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Arianism is the theological teaching of Arius (ca. AD 250–336), a Church priest, who was first ruled a heretic at the First Council of Nicea of 325, later exonerated in 335 at the First Synod of Tyre[1], and then pronounced a heretic again after his death at the First Council of Constantinople of 381[2]. The Roman Emperors Constantius II (337-361) and Valens (364-378) were Arians or Semi-Arians.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#446050 May 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not even close to the first to accuse me of hating Christianity because of my daughter's suicide.
My daughter passed in 2005 and I opted out of the last bits of religion around 2010.
It was not hate of religion that made me leave. It was that religion in all its many forms made no more sense to me.
The one issue that bothered me more than any other is the suffering of all forms of living creatures including that of humans. I refuse to believe that a decent creator would have any part in such a PLAN.
Also I started to believe that its quite possible the universe always existed which would mean that it was not created.
I also believed that if I thought other religious beliefs were foolish, I ought to inspect my own beliefs for the same traits. Sure enough I found that my traits were also silly.
At any rate, I believe that hate is a waste of energy that eats at none other than the self.
June I am not even going to begin to know your grief over your daughters death.
I am truly sorry I never lost a child.
I do not believe you opt out of believing in God because of that.
People who love God usually draw closer to Him in time of grief.
I believe there is a God who loves everyone of us, and is interested in every part of our life's from the very big issues to the very small ones.
When the bible talks about god's children he isn't just talking about infants its all of us.
I agree with you about religions, but about God I don't, because my faith in God is stronger and stronger with every trail and tribulation.
I am like the giant every time he got knocked down and hit the ground he got back up stronger.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#446051 May 28, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well good... I will take your word unless you prove otherwise.
I have nothing to give. I am already lost to that end.
why?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#446052 May 28, 2013
who="Black Thunder 42"
Hey conf....I ain't even a crister, but like you said...What good is repententance without acts to prove its veracity?
Only then can justification be heralded for what it is..."at any particular point"
THAT's why I always have my tongue in my cheek!
Am I wrong?

The GOSPEL (good news) of Jesus Christ is that He gave His life to cover our sin. When one believes that message, he/she receives new life. That new life is a gift which comes to you when you accept that He did it for you.

Being 'justified'(made innocent) is the result of believing the gospel.

Scripture explains that you become a new creature. Your desires are different, and you WANT to do good things. We are not perfect, but we are innocent (justified) in His sight, and change begins to happen in us.

In other words, righteous acts/deeds will begin to happen through us...we WANT to do good things. Let me just say that when one accepts Gods gift, it begins to show in them, and will continue to get better as we follow His Word.

You can believe Him or not (your choice)...but if you will believe Him, you will find new joy. You will never be sorry.

A Christian is not someone who joins a new club/organization. A Christian is one who believes the gospel of Jesus Christ.

KayMarie
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#446053 May 28, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
cannibal: A person who eats the flesh of other humans.
Enjoy......
Comments like yours Oxbow, are the "trademark" of bible only "buffoons" like you who continue to "drift around" AIMLESSLY in circles,(desperately) hoping that "someone--anyone"--w ill believe the anti-catholic "heretical hatred" that has corrupted your mind, heart and soul........ Your "bogus editorialized personal opinion" doesn't change the biblical TRUTH of the SPOKEN, STATED and EXPRESSED words of Jesus Christ HIMSELF in John 6:47-59.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#446054 May 28, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
" you old codger."
Calling names ....is what..
a guilty person does ...when he has no defense
ah Gif he's just being a big dummy.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#446055 May 28, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Comments like yours Oxbow, are the "trademark" of bible only "buffoons" like you who continue to "drift around" AIMLESSLY in circles,(desperately) hoping that "someone--anyone"--w ill believe the anti-catholic "heretical hatred" that has corrupted your mind, heart and soul........ Your "bogus editorialized personal opinion" doesn't change the biblical TRUTH of the SPOKEN, STATED and EXPRESSED words of Jesus Christ HIMSELF in John 6:47-59.
Another big dummy.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#446056 May 28, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Hojo - you are starting to sound like the guy who the so-called "Church" sends out to a person who they suspect is controlled by a demon, just before an exorcist is to take place.
:o)
And why not! The gates of hell (as referred to in Matthew 16:18), against Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church, are "alive and well" on this forum.
roberto

Katy, TX

#446057 May 28, 2013
Catholic church rules!!!!!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#446058 May 28, 2013
<quoted text>
...only in your mind and millions of others it is perceived this way.
In truth and honesty - it is a manufactured wafer and wine. But the illusion of the ritual is much more appealing and happier for you when you are participating.
I understand hojo, you need to follow others, instead of taking responsibility for your beliefs.
Why don't YOU-----yes YOU--- believe the TRUE, SPOKEN and EXPRESSED words of Jesus, in John 6:47-59----New Age!!!!!!

Location hidden

#446059 May 28, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm looking for the verse that says "Third time's a charm!!!"
Forty-five years and counting....There are three things I learned that helps solidify a marriage.

1. Always put your partner's interest first.
2. Have a "Queen for a Day" event several times a year.
3. Every month trade your "You tick me off when you do that"...

I was sorry to learn that my second ex died about one month ago..
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#446060 May 28, 2013
<quoted text>
And still - in your mind - you only label Thomas, as a "doubter". You'd rather use what men have instilled within you, instead of understanding what Jesus taught.
*sighs*
Jesus tells him things he told no other apostle. Thomas also must've believed that they were so radical in nature, others would stone him if he said just one of the words and fire would come from the stones.
(13)
(1) Jesus said to his disciples: "Compare me, and tell me whom I am like."
(2) Simon Peter said to him: "You are like a just messenger."
(3) Matthew said to him: "You are like an (especially) wise philosopher."
(4) Thomas said to him:
"Teacher, my mouth will not bear at all to say whom you are like."
(5) Jesus said: "I am not your teacher. For you have drunk, you have
become intoxicated at the bubbling spring that I have measured out."
(6) And he took him,(and) withdrew,(and) he said three words to him.
(7) But when Thomas came back to his companions, they asked him:
"What did Jesus say to you?"
(8) Thomas said to them: "If I tell you one of the words he said to me,
you will pick up stones and throw them at me,
and fire will come out of the stones (and) burn you up."
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
Huh????
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#446061 May 28, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Another big dummy.
Correction: Another big DISCIPLE for Jesus Christ, in and through His One (and only one) True Catholic Church.

Location hidden

#446062 May 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That must mean that (within the theology) when Jehovah (the one and only god) told the Jews that they were his chosen few ... he lied.
So then when the Catholics claimed that the same one and only god sent his son to earth to save only Catholics ... Jehovah must have also lied THEN.
It seems the one and only god is a double-dealer.
Either that ... or men known as theologians created the myths to suit their own purposes.
I will not respond to your insults in the manner you deserve.

I feel that you have been severely hurt in the past, and I have no desire to add to your hurt or to fuel your anger at God....
marge

Leesburg, GA

#446063 May 28, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Black Thunder 42"
Hey conf....I ain't even a crister, but like you said...What good is repententance without acts to prove its veracity?
Only then can justification be heralded for what it is..."at any particular point"
THAT's why I always have my tongue in my cheek!
Am I wrong?
The GOSPEL (good news) of Jesus Christ is that He gave His life to cover our sin. When one believes that message, he/she receives new life. That new life is a gift which comes to you when you accept that He did it for you.
Being 'justified'(made innocent) is the result of believing the gospel.
Scripture explains that you become a new creature. Your desires are different, and you WANT to do good things. We are not perfect, but we are innocent (justified) in His sight, and change begins to happen in us.
In other words, righteous acts/deeds will begin to happen through us...we WANT to do good things. Let me just say that when one accepts Gods gift, it begins to show in them, and will continue to get better as we follow His Word.
You can believe Him or not (your choice)...but if you will believe Him, you will find new joy. You will never be sorry.
A Christian is not someone who joins a new club/organization. A Christian is one who believes the gospel of Jesus Christ.
KayMarie
Yes Amen Amen, Truth!

Location hidden

#446064 May 28, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The good Bishop's right. As I said, "faithful" Catholics are all on the same page. Unfaithful Catholics can join the SBC, Episcopalians or whatever....
Point is there is discord among Catholics as well as among Protestants......From what I am seeing there are many "unfaithful" Catholics!!!!

I don't see a rush to my side of the fence by them....instead they remain Catholics and many, openly, defy the vatacan....

Location hidden

#446065 May 28, 2013
<quoted text>
And still - in your mind - you only label Thomas, as a "doubter". You'd rather use what men have instilled within you, instead of understanding what Jesus taught.
*sighs*
Jesus tells him things he told no other apostle. Thomas also must've believed that they were so radical in nature, others would stone him if he said just one of the words and fire would come from the stones.
(13)
(1) Jesus said to his disciples: "Compare me, and tell me whom I am like."
(2) Simon Peter said to him: "You are like a just messenger."
(3) Matthew said to him: "You are like an (especially) wise philosopher."
(4) Thomas said to him:
"Teacher, my mouth will not bear at all to say whom you are like."
(5) Jesus said: "I am not your teacher. For you have drunk, you have
become intoxicated at the bubbling spring that I have measured out."
(6) And he took him,(and) withdrew,(and) he said three words to him.
(7) But when Thomas came back to his companions, they asked him:
"What did Jesus say to you?"
(8) Thomas said to them: "If I tell you one of the words he said to me,
you will pick up stones and throw them at me,
and fire will come out of the stones (and) burn you up."
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
Thanks for verifying and admitting that I are right....you ain't blessed!!!!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#446066 May 28, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction: Another big DISCIPLE for Jesus Christ, in and through His One (and only one) True Catholic Church.
i don't listen to those who say something i can't verify in the Bible, God's Word.

Location hidden

#446067 May 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Are you saying you know where I will be going after I die?
I know you don't.
Please don't threaten me.
But with you doing so, it is definitely not something Jesus taught.
Per Scripture: Should you die with your beliefs of today intact...bring fans...lots of kool-aid....

Non believers have, themselves, elected their own destination with the guy with the fork!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min another viewer 974,711
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min ATHEOI 70,715
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 13 min Oliver 8
Franke Servis Sefakoy O2I2 299 I5 34 FRANKE Se... 38 min mar 3
Tsim Sha Tsui SpringSpa 41 min ABC1 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 42 min Brian_G 282,965
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 51 min crucifiedguy 4,986
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 12 hr Hilary 95
More from around the web