Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 659010 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Human Being

Hosston, LA

#445908 May 28, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Self.
Why do you deny it?
Why do you place it second to the Bible?
New Age Spiritual Leader:

I don't know exactly why, or how to explain.

There is just something about the word maybe. Self, connotes selfishness. Me, me, me. I am united to "ME". It leaves no room for God both exteriorly and interiorly. Therefore, since I have a beginning, known as birth in this universe, again, there is no room for absolutes. The Self/self just morphs into what is popular, rather than becoming fixed in eternity.

That's about the best I can do to describe it.

Its the message in the Bible that's important, not the words, which are only a tool.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#445909 May 28, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried to write a metaphorical image for you.
But I am glad, very glad you noticed that I left out the final brush-stroke of brilliance.
It is of course Jesus Christ.
While New Age Spiritualism hints at Jesus with his words and what he taught, it leaves him out as Savior, the First and Last. He is the Master Artist.
I may be butting in here, however, It is not the "item" but rather the "message" that is being "stressed" in the "picture". IOW- the intent(message) of the "item" in the first place.
Human Being

Hosston, LA

#445910 May 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
Now I don't want to make fun of how other Christians worship. I see Christ working with these guys where they are at. And they do allot of good with the graces He gives them.
I just think they lose focus on what it means to pray and worship. I've attended one of those evangelical services, and unless the pastor was charismatic enough and a motivational speaker, nobody seemed like they'd get anything out of the celebration.
I try to explain that to my sister. She doesn't understand it ain't supposed to be about her. In fact, life isn't supposed to be about us.
Clay

I think there is room enough in heaven for non-Catholics Christians.

I think there are some really good in-depth non-Catholic services, with fantastic preachers and teachers. But they have the same problem as Catholics do, they have "audiences".

What you see when you go to a non-Catholic service is like what a non-Catholic sees when they go into the RCC. It looks superficial.
Its part of the human condition Jesus describes of the removing the beam in our own eye first, before the splinter in the other person's eye. Don't worry, we all have that problem.

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#445911 May 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
"transubstantiation" is either a lie or you are a cannibal and a vampire.
Either way you are a pathetic excuse for a human being.
There is nothing in the Bible to support your insane cult of the dead.
Your religion is a disgrace to the True God and the teachings of Jesus.
Even in the theology, the one and only god favors only the Jews. He was created by the Jews and that is why they wrote that they were his chosen few.
youtube

AOL

#445912 May 28, 2013

ANTICHRIST on world stage --

Dawson Creek, Canada

#445913 May 28, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
We all do.
You go a step farther, in promoting some provocative questions. But you get trapped in a snare of overgeneralizing. Sometimes people fall for it too.
How, by admitting that I don't know the past, present or future, do you believe I over-generalize?

You are the one who is certain that you will be saved and others will go to hell.

From my perception you are WAY over-generalizing.

Especially since maybe it is the reverse in that you will go to hell and others will be saved.

Is that "general" enough for you?

Since: Nov 08

usa

#445914 May 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
From what you glean from biblical words, do you believe that the god that serves Christian appetites, is offended by homosexuality?
hi,i'm back from dr's my blood work came back fine,i can stay on the chemo drug,which is good,ok first i do believe your sexuality is something your born with,you don't wake up one day and say gee,i think i'll be gay the rest of my life,if god exists and he is the creator of all life, he is creating babies that grow up gay,and lets assume the catholic church is the true church(it's not but we'll use it as an example)priests,bishops,cardin als,and popes all indulged in all kinds of sexual activities,with nuns,and children and men,the pope is suppose to be the vicar of god,if god does not punish the pope,that tells me he doesn't care because if he did,he would of taken the popes life for breaking the rules.and nothing like that has happened to none of the thousands who molested men,women and children.so since he is not doing anything about these abusing religious people,he does not care,but then we have the problem that god is not a religious person,no church on earth is his,no religious person is a successor to the apostles,so does he care at all about these people and what they do? is he sending them to mythical hell? i don't know,tough to answer i tried you can give me an answer later as to how i did,now pedophilia,that is an illness,brought on by early years of abuse by authority figures,and their shyness when dealing with adults,they turn to children because it gives them a sense of power,an they prey on the weak,now that i would think would piss god off,i know it would me,if i ever caught someone molesting a child without second thought that person would be dead within 5 minutes of me tripping over him,no jury in the world would convict me.to me it's a death row offense,there is no cure for pedophilia,and like i said i would not hesitate a second on killing the pervert,if i got my hands on the guy that molested my nephew i would of pounded him till he couldn't move then take a blade turn him into a girl and just leave him there to bleed out screaming in pain...anything else you'd like to know about me?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#445915 May 28, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Look Nunzio, it has already been explained to beyond a shadow of a doubt. Your obstinance and arrogance is becoming irritating...as always.
That's why I hardly ever post to you in the first place.
You act like you have the mentality of a small child who has been bullied and is acting out his circumstance.
You are making a complete fool of yourself, and defiling your religion in the process.
I don't care to participate in your "circus" any further.
Please don't bother to reply...it will be ignored.
last call (for something) and last chance (for something)...

Glad to help....

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#445916 May 28, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Black Thunder 42:
Through my whole life, it has been a constant theme, and I have heard many complaints for me to hurry-up.(And in my working life, much to the complaint of co-workers, and management, if not directly, then indirectly.)
Because of that I never fitted in well to modern life.
I prefer to smell the roses along the way.
I imagine God gets similar complaints, with everyone wanting this or that NOW, even including the Second Coming, and the End of the World.
In the beginning, during the journey, and in the end, God is with me smelling the roses.
It's a good outlook.

Most of my life, I have been my own (ssob)<-, but even then there has been deadline points to keep. Many times I have asked-do you want it "fast" or do you want it "right" ...it's your choice.
And even then, I would eat the difference, because I could not allow myself to depreciate the final product, as it reflected on my character and propensity as a fair and just person.

usa

#445917 May 28, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
jethro8
Sure. But call him direct at Home,(it's in Heaven). His number is JESUS CHRIST. That's J E S U S - C H R I S T. No phone necessary.
have you called him before?

usa

#445918 May 28, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
jethro8
Sure. But call him direct at Home,(it's in Heaven). His number is JESUS CHRIST. That's J E S U S - C H R I S T. No phone necessary.
got a busy signal,you'd think he'd have call waiting.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#445919 May 28, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
That would indeed be mean and unjust.
REALLY???

If one of my children thought that ONLY good should come his/her way and that I should punish my other children for not believing the same as the spoiled one ... I would tend to make a point to the spoiled one that good things don't always come the way of those who grab the best for their selves.

You are a salvation-grabber and seem certain that the god agrees with you.

You perceive you are holy and blessed ... and I perceive that you are deluded and VAIN.

usa

#445920 May 28, 2013
gotta go,dinner,talk later folks,have a good night if i don't see you.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#445921 May 28, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
If they were brainwashed as children, does that still mean that a loving god will punish them for eternity?
Seems so.
Imagine being an innocent child not knowing any better, punished by some psycho god for all eternity!
That doesn't sound like any god worthy of my worship. Pass.
I'll also pass on that belief.

Location hidden

#445922 May 28, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
OXBOW says.......In the life of a Christian, the Bible is not "only" words..it is the Sacred Infallible Inspired Word of God...
MICHAEL says.......RIGHT! In the life of a christian. In the life of everyone else, its BUSTED!
Thousands of christian beliefs/sects, each individual one using the very same inspired words of God, to prove their own CONFLICTING DOCTRINES!. Thats why you constantly argue with other christians. The bible is the book of confusion.......another one BUSTED!
By far! most christians today are so because of family hand me down tradition, not individuals finding God on their own.
Bet you don't even know the definition of the word Christian....

Dawson Creek, Canada

#445923 May 28, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not a christian at all, i was never baptized for one,and never went to church growing up,i believe in evolutionism/realism,i don't believe in a super deity that is the creation of the universe,if there is one,where did he come from??
Are you an Atheist?

Location hidden

#445924 May 28, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
The singularity.
The BS......

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#445925 May 28, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>hi,i'm back from dr's my blood work came back fine,i can stay on the chemo drug,which is good,ok first i do believe your sexuality is something your born with,you don't wake up one day and say gee,i think i'll be gay the rest of my life,if god exists and he is the creator of all life, he is creating babies that grow up gay,and lets assume the catholic church is the true church(it's not but we'll use it as an example)priests,bishops,cardin als,and popes all indulged in all kinds of sexual activities,with nuns,and children and men,the pope is suppose to be the vicar of god,if god does not punish the pope,that tells me he doesn't care because if he did,he would of taken the popes life for breaking the rules.and nothing like that has happened to none of the thousands who molested men,women and children.so since he is not doing anything about these abusing religious people,he does not care,but then we have the problem that god is not a religious person,no church on earth is his,no religious person is a successor to the apostles,so does he care at all about these people and what they do? is he sending them to mythical hell? i don't know,tough to answer i tried you can give me an answer later as to how i did,now pedophilia,that is an illness,brought on by early years of abuse by authority figures,and their shyness when dealing with adults,they turn to children because it gives them a sense of power,an they prey on the weak,now that i would think would piss god off,i know it would me,if i ever caught someone molesting a child without second thought that person would be dead within 5 minutes of me tripping over him,no jury in the world would convict me.to me it's a death row offense,there is no cure for pedophilia,and like i said i would not hesitate a second on killing the pervert,if i got my hands on the guy that molested my nephew i would of pounded him till he couldn't move then take a blade turn him into a girl and just leave him there to bleed out screaming in pain...anything else you'd like to know about me?
I am pleased that you received good news. You will continue to be in our thought.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#445926 May 28, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see your view on religions in general.
But also in "speculating" on what lies beyond the grave, Christianity in general declares it is beyond imagination. Yet some people are in need of having more concrete ideas so that they can relate to them.
If perchance we were discussing some high philosophically complex issue about heaven, and a poor uneducated person came up and said heaven is like a big party, could you deny him his description?
Christianity affords both views.
But also where you see contradiction, I see contrast. The Bible as you know is a compilation of books over a long period of time. If the Bible were written in an afternoon, you would still probably find a contraction as well? Does that mean there is one? Or is there room for contrast?
That as you say requires self-examination and honesty, which goes to bias.
Then limiting a belief to just one collection of books is absurd.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#445927 May 28, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I TOLD YOU!
{{{{{POTENTIAL}}}}}
Are you really to stupid to comprehend even a one(1) word answer?
Or is it that you just can NOT refute it?
You see, if there weren't any potential there, there could be no universe as you know it now.
Even the Dogon, the Ancient Africans (over 10,000 years ago), and the ancient Egyptians(4200 years ago) understood that simple fact, and taught it, as do our "modern" physicists of today(they just call it "singularity" or "string theory").
Ask a 4th grader to explain it to.
Geeeeze!
As we all have potential ... why do believe you took advantage of it and others fell short of your mark?

Just because your concept is different, doesn't mean it is better or more advanced concerning "knowledge."

You have a high opinion of your self ... but I perceive you are not ALL THAT any more than the rest of us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min Neville Thompson 283,055
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 6 min Neville Thompson 789
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Aura Mytha 71,230
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 1 hr emperorjohn 299
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Aura Mytha 974,889
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 2 hr gundee123 5,104
Horny snapchat usernames 2 hr Hardspark 14
More from around the web