Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,486)

Showing posts 429,701 - 429,720 of530,386
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Mother Teresa, was a woman who gave it all up to do the work that God gave her to do.
To belittle what she has done with trash talk is just nasty June.
Jesus told us to take up our cross and follow Him. and she did.
You talk so much about the suffering of people and children, can I ask you what have you done to ease their suffering??
Or are you just all mouth and no action.
I used to also defend Mother Teresa ... until much more information game to the fore.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Black Thunder 42:
It is a Western phenomena, which has fragmented and isolated the individual from the society in which they live. That is why there are wars. That is why Christianity is important, it brings people together, and makes social disorder into order. It makes communities where none could exist.
Some truth in that. However, if the religiosity becomes a liability(detractor) rather than an asset, it is the reverse.
Agriculture is the foundation of society and the "tools" that are needed to support the civilized unit. Manufacture is the enhancement of production and comfort of that unit. Spirituality is the binding together of the entities that make it all possible in cooperation and love. Then you have a healthy society of healthy individuals.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Metaphorically, silly June.
"Bearing a cross" is to actively feel for having Jesus bear our sins for us.
Why do you feel you should dump your sins on a supposed savior?"

"Here are all my sins, and thanks a bunch Jesus for taking them over for ME. I can rest easy now while you do all the work and I rest at peace forever."

Silly stuff indeed!

:)

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Some truth in that. However, if the religiosity becomes a liability(detractor) rather than an asset, it is the reverse.
Agriculture is the foundation of society and the "tools" that are needed to support the civilized unit. Manufacture is the enhancement of production and comfort of that unit. Spirituality is the binding together of the entities that make it all possible in cooperation and love. Then you have a healthy society of healthy individuals.
Where does your supposed spiritual love come from ... through you, as you pass it to others ... when you don't believe the universe was created? Do you just grab it from somewhere?

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
And....."Eucharist" is not in any Bible I ever read!!!!!
Well yes ... but you have to understand the hidden meanings in words to get the REAL truth out OF the words.

It's quite obvious you don't.

LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is the bible seems to tell different people different things.
No it doesn't

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you read ancient history and ancient scripts ... just as do others, you simply follow the words written by ancient men.
I watch a lot of tv and other nonsense. I'm mortal human so nonsense appeals to me.
Hahahah!

I didn't say I follow them. I read to educate myself on a given subject to the best of my ability, in whatever area it is directed before making any conclusion. Often, you can understand why some fail and some win. More often than not, failure results because they were unprepared for the task.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh heh heh...

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

This is for those who are certain they are able to take the REAL meanings out of words.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

In the runaway # 1 British Bestseller,“Eats, Shoots & Leaves,” the subject of the book is about the importance of correct punctuation in the English language. The author, Lynne Truss, did extensive study into the history of punctuation. Lynne mixes humor with serious assessments of history and some of the following is from her book.

“Of course, if Hebrew or any of the ancient languages had included punctuation (in the case of Hebrew, a few vowels might have been nice as well), two thousand years of scriptural exegesis (my note- exegesis-analysis of texts) need never have occurred, and a lot of clever, dandruffy people could definitely have spent more time in the fresh air. But there was no punctuation in those ancient texts and that’s all there is to it. For a considerable period in Latin transcriptions there were no gaps between words either, if you can credit such madness. Texts from that benighted classical period- just capital letters in big square blocks- look to modern eyes like those word-search puzzles that you stare at for twenty minutes or so, and then (with a delighted cry) suddenly spot the word “PAPERNAPKIN” spelled diagonally and backwards. However, the scriptio continua system (as it was called) had its defenders at the time. One fifth-century recluse called Cassian argued that if a text was slow to offer up its meaning, this encouraged not only meditation but the glorification of God- the heart lifting in praise, obviously, at the moment when the word “PAPERNAPKIN” suddenly floated to the surface, like a synaptic miracle.”

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahah!
I didn't say I follow them. I read to educate myself on a given subject to the best of my ability, in whatever area it is directed before making any conclusion. Often, you can understand why some fail and some win. More often than not, failure results because they were unprepared for the task.
You are often implying that you know what the ancients knew. That means that you follow what they wrote as truth.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does your supposed spiritual love come from ... through you, as you pass it to others ... when you don't believe the universe was created? Do you just grab it from somewhere?
Love is from within you. It is a feeling of well being produced by endorphins in your brain which raise your electromagnetic waves(Hz). It is "contagious" to those within 5-15 feet BTW.
No. I don't believe the universe(as we know it) was "created" by a deity.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>sorry to hear about your loss LT,at least you have your cat to help you get through your loss.will be no more dogs or anything for me,wouldn't be fair to them if something happens to me,no more g/f's either,not gonna go through what i just did because they say they can handle it,but they can't because they really have no clue as to what it's really like,no matter how much reading you do on the subject.so i don't want to go through that again.
I do understand where you are coming from Jethro. I am sorry you were hurt.
I didn't think I would have another furry little friend after my dog. but after 2 months, I got a cat then went and got another one.
I have never been without an animal in my life.
I am getting up there in years now, and I take a lot of comfort from my cats and dog. I would be lost without them.
But I am thinking after these cats go I won't get anymore.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't
The bible can't tell anybody anything. People simply take whatever suits their own desires from the words.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

The Use and Misuse of Language … edited by S. I. Hayakawa.

General semanticists know it is hard to make the average person realize that he brings meaning to the word, that the word does not contain any meaning.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you feel you should dump your sins on a supposed savior?"
"Here are all my sins, and thanks a bunch Jesus for taking them over for ME. I can rest easy now while you do all the work and I rest at peace forever."
Silly stuff indeed!
If I am told I am a sinner and will go to Hell and burn forever, I would ask how to avoid this.
I would be told to be forgiven. Who forgives sin? Jesus.
How can He forgive me?
Because He was a sin offering in blood on the cross.
Can the flyingspaghettimonster forgive me? No.
Silly stuff indeed.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Recently while conversing with another woman about religion, her defense was that those in churches give each other "support." I agreed, and when I asked her if what they teach within the church is based on truth, she informed me that "truth" comes in many layers.

That was news to me, as I always thought that only lies came in layers.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't call him wicked because he's a non Catholic. I said it because he IS wicked. He's not a Christian just cuz he says he is...
I can't begin to describe the lies spewed from the man nor his name calling and vile pedophile accusations towards innocents. Steer clear of those types, they do not know Jesus and Jesus doesn't know them.
Sorry it looked like it was because necessary of the Church.
It may nit sound like it but I love the Church for the foundation of belief she gave me. Those nuns were true mothers to me and my sis at a very young age. And I know they are in heaven.

But I truly felt led to Christ in a way I understood much later. It's like it was in my head but not in my heart. Now I just feel such gratitude and love for Him for seeking me out and forgiving me. FOR taking all my terrible sin to the Cross. I never had that not withstanding what I knew.hard to explain that feeling but it brings tears to my eyes when I think of Him becoming Sin for me so much do that the Father turned away from Him and caused Him to feel forsaken.

There is a wonderful little book called

.....And then He called my name. By Richard Exley. It paints a picture and then goes to scripture of the Passion by those most closely involved. Great book for ANY Christian

.So I see faith not through any one denomination and I feel it is like setting limits on His love when we insist there is only one Church to find our Saviour.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Love is from within you. It is a feeling of well being produced by endorphins in your brain which raise your electromagnetic waves(Hz). It is "contagious" to those within 5-15 feet BTW.
No. I don't believe the universe(as we know it) was "created" by a deity.
So you are filled with LOVE ... are you?

From my perspective, what you describe smacks of self-hypnosis.
youtube

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
This is for those who are certain they are able to take the REAL meanings out of words.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
In the runaway # 1 British Bestseller,“Eats, Shoots & Leaves,” the subject of the book is about the importance of correct punctuation in the English language. The author, Lynne Truss, did extensive study into the history of punctuation. Lynne mixes humor with serious assessments of history and some of the following is from her book.
“Of course, if Hebrew or any of the ancient languages had included punctuation (in the case of Hebrew, a few vowels might have been nice as well), two thousand years of scriptural exegesis (my note- exegesis-analysis of texts) need never have occurred, and a lot of clever, dandruffy people could definitely have spent more time in the fresh air. But there was no punctuation in those ancient texts and that’s all there is to it. For a considerable period in Latin transcriptions there were no gaps between words either, if you can credit such madness. Texts from that benighted classical period- just capital letters in big square blocks- look to modern eyes like those word-search puzzles that you stare at for twenty minutes or so, and then (with a delighted cry) suddenly spot the word “PAPERNAPKIN” spelled diagonally and backwards. However, the scriptio continua system (as it was called) had its defenders at the time. One fifth-century recluse called Cassian argued that if a text was slow to offer up its meaning, this encouraged not only meditation but the glorification of God- the heart lifting in praise, obviously, at the moment when the word “PAPERNAPKIN” suddenly floated to the surface, like a synaptic miracle.”
That is Sooooo true!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
If I am told I am a sinner and will go to Hell and burn forever, I would ask how to avoid this.
I would be told to be forgiven. Who forgives sin? Jesus.
How can He forgive me?
Because He was a sin offering in blood on the cross.
Can the flyingspaghettimonster forgive me? No.
Silly stuff indeed.
Through the eons of time before the Catholics came up with the Jesus' story, there were many other religions that also preached of savior sons of gods coming back to earth to rescue them.

I have faith in my own ability to know that I should avoid hurting others ... and if that is not enough, then so be it. I can't do better than my best.
They never came to rescue anybody in those religions, and my guess is, there will be no Jesus (a Jew) to rescue you.

Why are so afraid of your self and your supposed sin? If you are a decent person, none of that fear should be allowed to reside in your brain. It's plain silly that you infect yourself with such nonsense.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 429,701 - 429,720 of530,386
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

526 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 min petesake kis 114,705
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Hidingfromyou 717,241
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min Godspeakinginmydreamslol 223,346
Kokopelli's Place, too (Jan '08) 3 min Flower-Child 23,917
convert x to dvd 4 with serial key free downloa... (Nov '12) 33 min nat 2
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 33 min Flower-Child 53,139
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 42 min who 255,782
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Rider on the Storm 171,522
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 11 hr aalw 110
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••