Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 692022 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Human Being

Hosston, LA

#445874 May 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a fool by choice.
According to theology the one and only god created good AND EVIL.
If you allow that to sink in ... you will stop puffing your self up comparable to a peacock in heat.
June VanDerMark:

I have thought about it. And I don't dismiss that others believe such, in the dichotomy of mind concerning good and evil.

In Christianity it was known as Gnosticism in ancient times, and more recently resurfaced as the Albigenses(of the Cathar movement (in the Middle Ages of Europe).

I suspect that it became the foundation of the Protestant movement.

I think most Christians when they not correctly formed or uneducated, or in need of education, tend to equate good and evil being created by God.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#445875 May 28, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible are only words - thus any "dwelleth in us" is through a thought we have with our mind or consciousness. THus Self makes this determination to believe, and not the Bible.
Why don't you believe Jesus?
In the life of a Christian,. the Bible is not "only" words..it is the Sacred Infallible Inspired Word of God...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#445876 May 28, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
I see zombies all the time while driving the road, in the airport, and while shopping, they all are on their phones.
It just seems like so many people don't enjoy thinking. Its to much work for them, and they; prefer the responsibility for it to be elsewhere, and prefer doing repetitive tasks instead, with an occasional break to use the phone.
Its impossible to have a conversation with someone that is talking to someone on their computer game, or phone, especially when they talk so loud....
Its my one complaint to the Lord. Lol
Its a world-wide phenomena.(epidemic?)
Check out the frequency of the cell phone...then check the frequency of the brain in Hz.
It's not even funny...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#445877 May 28, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I TOLD YOU!
{{{{{POTENTIAL}}}}}
Are you really to stupid to comprehend even a one(1) word answer?
Or is it that you just can NOT refute it?
You see, if there weren't any potential there, there could be no universe as you know it now.
Even the Dogon, the Ancient Africans (over 10,000 years ago), and the ancient Egyptians(4200 years ago) understood that simple fact, and taught it, as do our "modern" physicists of today(they just call it "singularity" or "string theory").
Ask a 4th grader to explain it to.
Geeeeze!
Last call...Answer the question: Tell me...what was there before our universe came into existence...

Location hidden

#445878 May 28, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
I have thought about it. And I don't dismiss that others believe such, in the dichotomy of mind concerning good and evil.
In Christianity it was known as Gnosticism in ancient times, and more recently resurfaced as the Albigenses(of the Cathar movement (in the Middle Ages of Europe).
I suspect that it became the foundation of the Protestant movement.
I think most Christians when they not correctly formed or uneducated, or in need of education, tend to equate good and evil being created by God.
It does say so, right in the verses.
Michael

Canada

#445879 May 28, 2013
<quoted text>
The Bible are only words - thus any "dwelleth in us" is through a thought we have with our mind or consciousness. THus Self makes this determination to believe, and not the Bible.
Why don't you believe Jesus?
.......There is no evidence to support any of the claims made in the bible pertaining to a trinity.

.....The Bible is NOT self-authenticating; it is simply one of many religious texts that have been written since mankind invented the first writing tools.

Like all the other texts ancient or current the bible does not make its writings any more legitimate than any one elses books of belief.

The christian bible are just writings of ancient literature....and MOST people believe because of INODCTRINATION of hand me down family tradition. Mom & Dad catholic, Mom & Dad Muslim, so will be their children.
Human Being

Hosston, LA

#445880 May 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't go beyond the five senses any more than do others.
You can sit in a chair and your fantasies can fly off in all directions. And that is what occurs with people in religion. They picture their selves in some sort or another of utopia in a hereafter with one or another god lathering them with eternal affection.
Non-human animals don't seem to suffer such mental infections.
June VanDerMark:

I view non-human life in general has capacity for thinking, and to each then a certain type/degree of suffering then exists they are capable of feeling and knowing.

Human minds can suffer and know pleasure,( and people know the pain of loss). Therefore, the mind is a sense, if it knows/feels pain and pleasure. It is also temporary like the other senses.

Location hidden

#445881 May 28, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Last call...Answer the question: Tell me...what was there before our universe came into existence...
Look Nunzio, it has already been explained to beyond a shadow of a doubt. Your obstinance and arrogance is becoming irritating...as always.
That's why I hardly ever post to you in the first place.
You act like you have the mentality of a small child who has been bullied and is acting out his circumstance.

You are making a complete fool of yourself, and defiling your religion in the process.

I don't care to participate in your "circus" any further.

Please don't bother to reply...it will be ignored.
Michael

Canada

#445882 May 28, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
In the life of a Christian,. the Bible is not "only" words..it is the Sacred Infallible Inspired Word of God...
OXBOW says.......In the life of a Christian, the Bible is not "only" words..it is the Sacred Infallible Inspired Word of God...

MICHAEL says.......RIGHT! In the life of a christian. In the life of everyone else, its BUSTED!

Thousands of christian beliefs/sects, each individual one using the very same inspired words of God, to prove their own CONFLICTING DOCTRINES!. Thats why you constantly argue with other christians. The bible is the book of confusion.......another one BUSTED!

By far! most christians today are so because of family hand me down tradition, not individuals finding God on their own.

Human Being

Hosston, LA

#445883 May 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I perceive that our intentions trick our minds.
When I was under the spell of religion I happened to spot that trait in myself, and realize my own foolishness was tricking me into believing I knew the nature of the supposed god ... of all the silly things.
June VanDerMark:

I understand and agree.

Most of what I see of religious programming on tv preys on one's selfish and self-intended audience and interests.

People listen with "itching ears", as the Bible says, to hear what they want.(And many a preacher and politician use this scripture for their own means and ends.) By that I don't mean all preachers.

When one steps back and thinks. That's a much better plan. To me, if a preacher is not challenging one to think think, then they are no preacher at all, but a charlatan.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#445884 May 28, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer the question: Tell me...what was there before our universe came into existence...
The singularity.

Albuquerque, NM

#445885 May 28, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I TOLD YOU!
{{{{{POTENTIAL}}}}}
Are you really to stupid to comprehend even a one(1) word answer?
Or is it that you just can NOT refute it?
You see, if there weren't any potential there, there could be no universe as you know it now.
Even the Dogon, the Ancient Africans (over 10,000 years ago), and the ancient Egyptians(4200 years ago) understood that simple fact, and taught it, as do our "modern" physicists of today(they just call it "singularity" or "string theory").
Ask a 4th grader to explain it to.
Geeeeze!
We'll supply answers all day long to their questions, but they seem to be so arrogant, that they can't accept your answer, unless it is the same as theirs.

It's called being lazy, and "I'd rather just follow along to what others have told me, that way I don't have to look it up to check to see how truthful the person is."

Yep - laziness, compounded with a lack of honesty.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#445886 May 28, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain "justified" if you will.
http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/p3s1c3a2.htm#19...

Justification

(Latin justificatio; Greek dikaiosis.)

A biblio-ecclesiastical term; which denotes the transforming of the sinner from the state of unrighteousness to the state of holiness and sonship of God. Considered as an act (actus justificationis), justification is the work of God alone, presupposing, however, on the part of the adult the process of justification and the cooperation of his free will with God's preventing and helping grace (gratia praeveniens et cooperans). Considered as a state or habit (habitus justificationis), it denotes the continued possession of a quality inherent in the soul, which theologians aptly term sanctifying grace. Since the sixteenth century great differences have existed between Protestants and Catholics regarding the true nature of justification. As the dogmatic side of the controversy has been fully explained in the article on GRACE, we shall here consider it more from an historical point of view.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/08573a.htm
Michael

Canada

#445887 May 28, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a Catholic would ask that question!!!!
Quote: No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
Its called a "Bible"....the Sacred Infallible Inspired Word of God...
OXBOW says......Its called a "Bible"....the Sacred Infallible Inspired Word of God...

MICHAEL says......thousands of different protestant beliefs/sects, each ONE using the very same inspired words of God to prove each of their own conflicting doctrines.(lol)

MADNESS!!.....

Albuquerque, NM

#445888 May 28, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
....which has already been proven that your title of it is not valid.

- Men wrote the Bible.
- "God" doesn't limit inspiration
- men are fallible, thus cannot define an infallible god.
- only a portion of what Jesus taught is present
- only less than six of the original Apostles are attributed to the writings
- many Levitical "laws" are invalid or null and void, as they don't apply to the 21st century.

Just this list of six items shows the BIble to be in error.

You've been duped.

Albuquerque, NM

#445889 May 28, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
LoYou act like you have the mentality of a small child who has been bullied and is acting out his circumstance.
This is what happenes when someone finds out the truth about their beliefs. They act out in retaliation, because they don't want to beleive it.

This is the dismay before the astonishment occurs.

One just needs to let the dismay pass. Which is tougher than it seems to many.

Albuquerque, NM

#445890 May 28, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
I understand and agree.
Most of what I see of religious programming on tv preys on one's selfish and self-intended audience and interests.
People listen with "itching ears", as the Bible says, to hear what they want.(And many a preacher and politician use this scripture for their own means and ends.) By that I don't mean all preachers.
When one steps back and thinks. That's a much better plan. To me, if a preacher is not challenging one to think think, then they are no preacher at all, but a charlatan.
Self.

Why do you deny it?

Why do you place it second to the Bible?
Human Being

Hosston, LA

#445891 May 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Many religious theologies that have been deemed as 'defined', are only defined for the actions of belief while alive, and only include speculation for all aspects of the belief when one dies.
<quoted text>
Contradiction within the Bible does not constitute harmony.
You've now moved into a different level of identifying the words with another concept, and even then, only part of the wording is harmonized.
Your opinion doesn't offend, but is an incomplete thought. It actually sounds biased toward only your belief. But in fact, there is at least one flaw to this thinking.
New Age Spiritual Leader:

I can see your view on religions in general.

But also in "speculating" on what lies beyond the grave, Christianity in general declares it is beyond imagination. Yet some people are in need of having more concrete ideas so that they can relate to them.

If perchance we were discussing some high philosophically complex issue about heaven, and a poor uneducated person came up and said heaven is like a big party, could you deny him his description?

Christianity affords both views.

But also where you see contradiction, I see contrast. The Bible as you know is a compilation of books over a long period of time. If the Bible were written in an afternoon, you would still probably find a contraction as well? Does that mean there is one? Or is there room for contrast?

That as you say requires self-examination and honesty, which goes to bias.
Human Being

Hosston, LA

#445892 May 28, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
1John 5:13 - St. John is certain not that his readers will make it to heaven, but that they are filled with the living presence of Christ. His readers are assured that they *possess* Christ, not that they will persevere in His grace until the end. If you go on reading the rest of the chapter you will see that is what he is talking about. This is a prime example of the DANGERS of taking scripture out of context and forcing it to fit one's conclusion.
Regina:

I posted the Liturgy of the Hours a day or two ago, did you see it?

If you get it, this is the one you need, which is throughout the whole Church.(It does contain the First and Second Readings in the Office).

http://www.amazon.com/Liturgy-Hours-Ordinary-...

God's Blessing on you.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#445893 May 28, 2013
what part of "nuff said, end of discussion" don't you people understand???

alright folks.....nothing to see.....move along now....you don't hafta go home, but you can't stay here.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Mr Wiggley 46,562
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 25 min Paul really is dead 8,527
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr exposingm0r0ns 990,689
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 1 hr Paul really is dead 397
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 8 hr Eagle 12 - 6,705
Jeffreys: Evangelicals will vote for Moore 8 hr Edthirty 7
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 19 hr Dec 2017 News 445,848
More from around the web