Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 568,903
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Go for it

Germany

#445574 May 27, 2013
6000 posts until 3rd place!

YOU CAN DO IT!
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#445575 May 27, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not new age, nor am I a Christian.
Jesus was a good teacher of the ancient knowledge that was lost to all but a few is all. He was killed for it.
Black Thunder 42:

You may not consider yourself New Age, or Christian, but of what you write, and how it sounds to me, you do.

We are all affected by New Age belief systems in our times, it is whether and when we recognize them. It started in the mid-19th Century, and permeates our culture.

I hope you don't mind me pointing this out. I feel comfortable with you in being rather direct.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#445576 May 27, 2013
who="marge ]I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.

Same way that Jesus said that Peter received it. Same way that Jesus said that HE would build HIS church.

KayMarie

#445577 May 27, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
Yes, people read the same passage and think God is telling them something completely different than what the early Christians believed.
St. Paul tells us that eating and drinking the Eucharist and not discerning the body of the Lord brings damnation upon yourself.
You say no.
Pretty substantial differnce there don't you think?

Read Paul's notes again. He didn't say that the Corinthians did not discern that Jesus flesh and blood were in the cup. He said that they did not discern that their BROTHERS WERE OF THE BODY OF CHRIST.

The rich did not fellowship with the poor brothers.

KayMarie
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#445578 May 27, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. You had H2 reverting to H1 and producing helium derivitive didn't you.
Black Thunder 42:

Yes H2 to H1, I am not sure on He production. I can see it possible for protons turning to neutrons, H to He, but it would be insignificant and that would require an energy source. We were using these at cryogenic(liquid) temps.

#445579 May 27, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
God kept this 'discovery' hidden in the bible from the time of earliest Christians and for the next 1400 years?

Of course GOD didn't keep it hidden; men did. Martin Luther had a revelation from God just as Peter and Paul did.

Others were not allowed to teach it through out those 1400 years.

KayMarie
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#445580 May 27, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter was indeed all those things..did all those things. Was blessed by Jesus.
Peter would have thrown out the popes of the middle ages who joined with the Kings in persecution. Peter would never have accepted a crown.
He was so humble he insisted not to be killed like the Lord
And in any of the scriptures including John who was Son ..thru Jesus..to Mary.. did anyone read how they exalted here???
I believe a lot of Jesus history came from her..who else. Yet they do not have her writing a gospel. I wish she had..She was a humble Jewish mother who suffered the awful death if her Son. She never sought adulation.
So to say this church is any more the body of believers makes no sense.
Imo the Reformation came from God's will in order to bring His Church to correct it's mistakes
And furthermore to bring about this country founded in Faith .And not by Catholics..by many denominations searching for religious freedom.
We were for a time His light..we were the Allies needed to reestablish the land if His people. God ALWAYS knows what He is doing.
It is too bad some in the country turn away from Him now and don't want us to support Israel.
Imo this will not go well for us ..
rosesz:

I think we can look back to history, and neither condemn or adulate over it.

Different times, different challenges in Europe. I kind of see the Middle Ages as the highest time of thinking in Europe. Then a decline as the north and south solidified and fortified. This is why the Reformation/Protestant movement took place. It was always there, but dominated Christianity in Europe at that time, even to this day.
Hipobear

Pittsburgh, PA

#445581 May 27, 2013
youtube.com/watch... …… Life Goes On
its untrue and you' all know it
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#445582 May 27, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes like King David. who sang and played the harp, songs of worship and praise to God
LTM

The Liturgy of the Hours are prayers and Bible readings all day long. It is centered on the Psalms, which are meant to be sung. The complete Psalms are sung once a month(with many repeats), and the entire Bible is read once a year in this book.

It kind of pains me to know that so many RCs do not recite it, and think it is for just the clergy and religious.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#445583 May 27, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
None of Peters actions above...
gives any religious organization
special preference or dominion
over another...
The Way.
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#445584 May 27, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is physical materialism and specialization of the mind.
Only "part" of the picture is seen. Anything uncomfortable to the horizontal axis of mind is dismissed, and never even gets to be considered for reconsideration or placement on the vertical pillar
of knowledge, so intellect and cognizance(understanding) lacks as a whole.
Black Thunder 42:

It is a Western phenomena, which has fragmented and isolated the individual from the society in which they live. That is why there are wars. That is why Christianity is important, it brings people together, and makes social disorder into order. It makes communities where none could exist.
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#445585 May 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You start AND finish with the unseen idea that you follow only the side of the god that created "good."
That is your STATION in life.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
sta·tion·ar·y
Adjective
1.Not moving or not intended to be moved
June VanDerMark:

Just to clarify for you, I generally use inductive reasoning, and syllogisms for examples. I know it frustrates you.

But I can accept your assertion that I am stationary. In fact, I consider from you, that high praise. I humbly thank you.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#445586 May 27, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
rosesz:
I think we can look back to history, and neither condemn or adulate over it.
Different times, different challenges in Europe. I kind of see the Middle Ages as the highest time of thinking in Europe. Then a decline as the north and south solidified and fortified. This is why the Reformation/Protestant movement took place. It was always there, but dominated Christianity in Europe at that time, even to this day.
I am finding that out. It was needed or I doubt we would have the USA. And the spread of the actual word among common people.

I just watched on YouTube some videos called The Israel of the Alps.
It's not. About the Jews at all . Woke me up to the word bring spread outside the confines of the Church back in the Early ages.

But I think we owe much to the organized Church. There would not be a lot of other older scrolls etc without it.But religion and Kings do not mix.

I am glad the USA was. Founded on freedom of worship ..unfortunately that has been translated to freedom From God at all.
And that's sad for a country whose first school primers were bibles!
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#445587 May 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And of course you believe you are serving god by believing that others will be lost to salvation, while "precious" you will be saved.
:)
Why are you not posting as Robert F which is your registered persona?
June VanDerMark:

You assume incorrectly, nor have you proven any point. Mere conjecture and opinion on your part.

In fact, I have declared quite the opposite, in the area of soteriology to you already.

You must have missed that post from me on why I don't post under Robert F. Just call me human. I am not trying to keep count on the number of posts I write, and people who encountered or will encounter me may explain things in different ways. I am always ready to learn.
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#445588 May 27, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I struggle to see how the list I posted was "cherry picking".
It was a collection of verifiable statements.
How do you conclude that I am unwilling to bear the cross with Christ?
That is far fetched on your part.
Please remain credible by not posting assumptions.
Mary is dead and awaiting her resurrection.
It is a lie that she was raised and that she ascended into Heaven.
Nobody saw it. The RCC had to process this so that Catholics would have no doubt that she was in Heaven listening to prayers.
CATHOLIC TRADITION - Mary is the Queen of Heaven.
WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS - Worshipping the queen of heaven (which is not the Mary of the Bible) is worshipping another god and it provokes the Lord to anger.
Jeremiah 7:17 Seest thou not what they do in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem?
7:18 The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.
7:19 Do they provoke me to anger? saith the LORD: do they not provoke themselves to the confusion of their own faces?
CATHOLIC TRADITION - Mary is the mother of God.
WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS - Mary is the mother of the earthly Jesus, not God. Jesus pre- existed from everlasting as God (see John 1:1).
When He came to redeem mankind, He laid aside His glory and was made like unto sinful man so that He could take our punishment (Hebrew 2:9). God has no mother. He has lived from everlasting which means He had no beginning.
Isaiah 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
[If Mary gave birth to God, she'd be God.]
Tiger Lily

I am sorry, I was making rhetorical statement, "If you are unwilling to bear the Cross with Christ, you are not going to share in the glory with Him."

"You", being in general, and not specific. My fault.

As I have written to you before, I notice your literal sense of reading the Bible, may be good for you and certain people, but it is not for everyone.

Perhaps you(specifically) might want to share the Cross of Christ with others, who believe a little differently than you do?

Aren't we called to share one another's burdens?
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#445589 May 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I'm very much in favor of the power of positive thinking ... but I don't believe that those in religion that are certain they are saved and that others will go to hell "are" having positive thoughts.
Their thoughts are very self-centered in the idea that if others believe as they believe ... ONLY then will a god save those poor wretched evil others.
I don't perceive that there is anything positive about that way of thinking whatsoever.
June VanDerMark:

Surprise! I agree. Keep going girl.

You are describing a rather orthodox and rigid and hypocritical view.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#445591 May 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"you are in it and you worship Mary"
I'm confused, because I told you I didn't worship Mary, yet you keep saying I do. I thought you were a follower of Jesus Christ?
Cly, what's the matter. Were you afraid to post my entire post. Why just post "you are in in and you worship Mary"? I will help you here and post my entire post to you beginning next......

You lie so much you believe it yourself. Sad.

You said, quote, "I tell you, if a fraction of what you people said was true about the Catholic Church, I would not be in it! I would NOT worship Mary!" End quote.

You are in it and you worship Mary.

ROMAN CATHOLIC quotes and the source of the quote.

"Take care that we lose not that salvation, that life and breath which thou hast given us, for thou art our shepherd, thou art our physician, thou art our governor, thou art our husbandman, thou art finally another God on earth." Christopher Marcellus in Oration addressing Pope Julius II, in Fifth Lateran Council, Session IV (1512), Council Edition. Colm. Agrip. 1618,(Sacrorum Conciliorum, J.D. Mansi (ed.), Vol. 32, col. 761),(also quoted in History of the Councils, vol. XIV, col 109, by Labbe and Cossart).

"The Pope and God are the same, so he has all power in Heaven and earth." Pope Pius V, quoted in Barclay, Chapter XXVII, p. 218, "Cities Petrus Bertanous".

"Christ Jesus left you this sweet key of obedience; for He left His Vicar, whom you are all obliged to obey until death. And whoever is outside his obedience is in a state of damnation." St. Catherine of Siena, MCH, reference #374,(quoted in Apostolic Digest, by Michael Malone, Book 5: "The Book of Obedience", Chapter 1: "There is No Salvation Without Personal Submission to the Pope").

“Once he joins the Catholic church, he has no further use for his reason. He enters the Church, an edifice illumined by the superior light of revelation and faith. He can leave reason like a lantern at the door.” Explanation of Catholic Morals, A Concise, Reasoned, and Popular Exposition of Catholic Morals, by John H. Stapleton, p 76, Benziger Brothers, NY, 1913.

"Whoever does not wish to have Mary Immaculate as his Mother will not have Christ as his Brother either; the Father will not send His Son to him; the Son will not descend into his soul; the Holy Spirit will not make him a member of the Mystical Body of Christ; for all these mysteries of grace take place in Mary Full-of-Grace, and in her alone. And, since the First-Born Son was conceived only through the specific consent of the Most Blessed Virgin, the same holds true for all other humans." St. Maximilian Mary Kolbe, ICS, p. 85,(quoted in Apostolic Digest, by Michael Malone, Book 1: "The Book of Mary," Chapter 3: "Those Who Refuse to Honor Our Lady Will Be Lost").

"The foundation of all Our confidence, as you know well, Venerable Brethren, is found in the Blessed Virgin Mary. For, God has committed to Mary the treasury of all good things, in order that everyone may know that through her are obtained every hope, every grace, and all salvation. For this is His will, that we obtain everything through Mary." Pope Pius IX, in Ubi Primum (On the Immaculate Conception), Encyclical promulgated on February 2, 1849,#5.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#445592 May 27, 2013
Human Being wrote:
Tiger Lily
I am sorry, I was making rhetorical statement, "If you are unwilling to bear the Cross with Christ, you are not going to share in the glory with Him."
"You", being in general, and not specific. My fault.
As I have written to you before, I notice your literal sense of reading the Bible, may be good for you and certain people, but it is not for everyone.
Perhaps you(specifically) might want to share the Cross of Christ with others, who believe a little differently than you do?
Aren't we called to share one another's burdens?
I willingly share the cross of Jesus but as well I decry false doctrine by the RCC.
Mary IS and always has been revered highly if not absolutely worshipped by Roman Catholics. They deny this but evidence is abundant that they do. Some like Clay may say they don't but in general, particularly in Latin and in Hispanic countries it is very common.
My sense of the Bible is literal in some parts. Parables on the other hand are not so literal and may be allegorical. Jesus spoke in ways which were not to be taken literally. He said He was the door. Now I don't see Jesus as a flat object filling a space, do you?
I accept your apology.

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#445593 May 27, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
Just to clarify for you, I generally use inductive reasoning, and syllogisms for examples. I know it frustrates you.
But I can accept your assertion that I am stationary. In fact, I consider from you, that high praise. I humbly thank you.
Your high-falutin opinion of your self explains why you would believe a god couldn't possibly resist your charm.

:)

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#445594 May 27, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I willingly share the cross of Jesus
When would you like us to nail you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Hidingfromyou 797,667
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min onemale 267,681
Key to Patriot's changes against Seahawks 8 min Doctor REALITY 6
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 14 min Remnant of 144000 39,402
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 18 min Remnant of 144000 607,281
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr Al Capone 5,331
Do white girls like Hispanic guys? (Girls who a... (Jan '14) 1 hr Basque_Spaniards 17
Scientific proof for God's existence 3 hr Ooogah Boogah 660
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 10 hr Fred 178
More from around the web