Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,481)

Showing posts 429,601 - 429,620 of512,288
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#445374
May 26, 2013
 
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of "Lucifer was "perfect", he would have never become evil. I had to have been inherent in his entity.
Isaiah 45:7
"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."
At first it might seem that if God created all things, then evil must have been created by God. However, evil is not a “thing” like a rock or electricity. You cannot have a jar of evil. Evil has no existence of its own; it is really the absence of good. For example, holes are real but they only exist in something else. We call the absence of dirt a hole, but it cannot be separated from the dirt. So when God created, it is true that all He created was good. One of the good things God made was creatures who had the freedom to choose good. In order to have a real choice, God had to allow there to be something besides good to choose. So, God allowed these free angels and humans to choose good or reject good (evil). When a bad relationship exists between two good things we call that evil, but it does not become a “thing” that required God to create it.

Perhaps a further illustration will help. If a person is asked,“Does cold exist?” the answer would likely be “yes.” However, this is incorrect. Cold does not exist. Cold is the absence of heat. Similarly, darkness does not exist; it is the absence of light. Evil is the absence of good, or better, evil is the absence of God.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#445375
May 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's all mankind's fault that God created an imperfect heaven, and has become the scapegoat for the imperfections of his own creation?
Mankind did NOT create "God's" heaven...God did, according to the book. All iniquity(sin) transgression has come from this very instance of corruption. There was NO other source from where it could have initiated except the creator.
But we had the choice to Know it. So did Lucifer. We have the choice to give into it every dsy.

God didnt want us as puppets. He wanted ud snd wants us yo Choose Him

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#445376
May 26, 2013
 
490
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
But that's not what the Church teaches Ox, why would you want to tell people we do?
Thanks for confirming my words...."Catholics will deny this truth."

Since: May 13

Stone Mountain, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#445377
May 26, 2013
 
testing

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#445379
May 26, 2013
 
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
At first it might seem that if God created all things, then evil must have been created by God. However, evil is not a “thing” like a rock or electricity. You cannot have a jar of evil. Evil has no existence of its own; it is really the absence of good. For example, holes are real but they only exist in something else. We call the absence of dirt a hole, but it cannot be separated from the dirt. So when God created, it is true that all He created was good. One of the good things God made was creatures who had the freedom to choose good. In order to have a real choice, God had to allow there to be something besides good to choose. So, God allowed these free angels and humans to choose good or reject good (evil). When a bad relationship exists between two good things we call that evil, but it does not become a “thing” that required God to create it.
Perhaps a further illustration will help. If a person is asked,“Does cold exist?” the answer would likely be “yes.” However, this is incorrect. Cold does not exist. Cold is the absence of heat. Similarly, darkness does not exist; it is the absence of light. Evil is the absence of good, or better, evil is the absence of God.
So, am I to believe that "space" and "time" were not created by god?

Remember, I just showed you (1) instance that god stated he created evil-in Isaiah.
You are irrationally trying to justify your god's behavior or ineptness to perfection, and placing the blame on man and angels.
If I design a faulty jet, and it crashes because of it, is it the passengers fault or the designer?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#445380
May 26, 2013
 
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
But we had the choice to Know it. So did Lucifer. We have the choice to give into it every dsy.
God didnt want us as puppets. He wanted ud snd wants us yo Choose Him
Who or what created an imperfect heaven or angel. Remember, you are wanting to go to this "perfect" place...that is really "imperfect", and was the beginning ground of the imperfections that has caused the suffering of mankind-- totally "innocent of the prime crime" act to begin with.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#445381
May 26, 2013
 
492
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of "Lucifer was "perfect", he would have never become evil. I had to have been inherent in his entity.
Isaiah 45:7
"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."
How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, and as the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#445382
May 26, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
NUMEROUS POPES DECLARE MARY SAVES SOULS
Leo XIII, Jucunda Semper, 1894: "When Mary offered herself completely to God together with her Son in the temple, she was already sharing with him the painful atonement on behalf of the human race ...(at the foot of cross) she willingly offered him up to the divine justice, dying with him in her heart, pierced by the sword of sorrow."
Pius X, Ad Diem Illum, 1904: "Owing to the union of suffering and purpose existing between Christ and Mary, she merited to become most worthily the reparatrix of the lost world, and for this reason, the dispenser of ALL favors which Jesus acquired for us by his death ...
Benedict XV, Inter Sodalicia, 1918: "To such extent did Mary suffer and almost die with her suffering and dying Son; to such extent did she surrender her maternal rights over her Son for : man's salvation .. that we may rightly say she redeemed the human race together with Christ."
Plus XI, 1935, in a prayer to close a jubilee, we find the first use of the word Co-redemptrix by a pope: "O Mother of love and mercy who, when thy sweetest Son was consummating the Redemption of the human race on in the altar of the cross, didst stand next to him suffering with him as a Coredemptrix."
Plus XII, in a radio broadcast in 1946: "Mary, for having been associated with the King of Martyrs in the ineffable work of human Redemption as Mother and co-operatrix, she remains forever associated with him, with an almost unlimited power, in the distribution of graces which flow from the Redemption."
John XXIII, Vatican II's Lumen Gentium, 1965.
Paul VI, Christi Matri. "The Church ... been accustomed to have recourse to that most ready intercessor, her Mother Mary ... For as St. Irenaeus says, she 'has become the cause of salvation for the whole human race"
John Paul II, Mother of the Redeemer, 1987.
Pius IX, Ubi Primum, 1849: "For God has committed to Mary the treasury of all good things, in order that everyone may know that THROUGH HER are obtained every hope, every grace, and ALL SALVATION. For this is his will, that we obtain everything through Mary."
Leo XIII, Supremi Apostolatus, 1883: "O Mary, the guardian of our peace and the dispensatrix of heavenly graces."
Plus X, Ad Diem Illum, 1904: "It was granted to the august Virgin to be together with her Only-begotten Son the most powerful Mediatrix and Conciliatrix of the whole world. So Christ is the source ... Mary, however, as St. Bernard justly remarks, is the channel, or she is the neck by which the Body is united to the Head... through which ALL spiritual gifts are communicated to his Body."
Benedict XV, In a decree on Joan of Are: "In every miracle we must recognize the mediation of Mary, through whom, according to God's will, every grace and blessing comes to us."
Plus XI, Miserentissimus Redemptor, 1928: "Confiding in her intercession with Jesus, "the one Mediator of God and man, who wished to associate his own Mother with himself as the advocate of sinners, as the dispenser and mediatrix of grace."
Plus XII, Superiore Anno, 1940: "As St. Bernard declares,'it is the will of God that we obtain favors through Mary, let everyone hasten to have recourse to Mary."
John XXIII, see Vatican II, Lumen Gentium.
Paul VI, see Lumen Gentium.
John Paul II, Dives in Misericordia, 1980, quoting Lumen Gentium, "In fact, by being assumed into heaven she has not laid aside the office of salvation but by the manifold intercession she continues to obtain for us the grace of eternal salvation."
I can understand intercessor. But CoRedemptrix mskes me think I was not wrong in saying we worshipped her in the fifties.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#445383
May 26, 2013
 
I think Jesus may use her to draw people to Him.

The apparitions coukd well be a miracle from God. But if so she was bringing MESSAGES from her Son and Her Redeemer. IMO
Preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#445384
May 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

rosesz wrote:
I think Jesus may use her to draw people to Him.
The apparitions coukd well be a miracle from God. But if so she was bringing MESSAGES from her Son and Her Redeemer. IMO
read the bible and judge for yourself.

2 thess 2 :11

And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#445385
May 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me, I forgot my manners. How have you been feeling, Dan? Hopefully, much better than the last time we 'spoke'. Yes, we've had the up and down temps, too (west to east). Had the heat on yesterday, today in the low 70s, and 90s by the end of the week! I can't take it anymore!
This weather is challenging to say the least.I along with many were saddened about the tornado that hit Moore,Oklahoma.It seems that everything is so much more intense these days.

I feel fine other than the fact that a hernia is visible near my incision,and it is beginning to aggravate me.Will be calling my surgeon's office tuesday to set up an appointment.Hopefully a laparoscopic surgery will be the answer instead of a full open one,that will cut through my incision the 4th time.I dread it.The laparoscopy is so much better,the surgeon makes several small incisions,one to use to inflate a gas into the region to view the hernia and the surrounding area.Microscopic technique used to view the intensive region,and the Doctor can repair the hernia without a long process.The mesh is installed through the several small incisions underneath the repaired hernia.

Thank you for asking!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#445386
May 26, 2013
 
493
Preston wrote:
<quoted text>read the bible and judge for yourself.
2 thess 2 :11
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
What was the cause???

And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.....

No one on this earth denies the truth more than a Catholic!!!!! This has been proven over and over on this forum!!!!!
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#445387
May 26, 2013
 
Preston wrote:
<quoted text>read the bible and judge for yourself.
2 thess 2 :11
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
Again and again His Word proved true, Amen.

The Lord rebuke them.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#445388
May 26, 2013
 
There is NO fine line with loving man and worshipping man,...

Who is your Idol?
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#445389
May 26, 2013
 
we have the same Creator people, look to Him alone.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#445390
May 26, 2013
 
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>This weather is challenging to say the least.I along with many were saddened about the tornado that hit Moore,Oklahoma.It seems that everything is so much more intense these days.
I feel fine other than the fact that a hernia is visible near my incision,and it is beginning to aggravate me.Will be calling my surgeon's office tuesday to set up an appointment.Hopefully a laparoscopic surgery will be the answer instead of a full open one,that will cut through my incision the 4th time.I dread it.The laparoscopy is so much better,the surgeon makes several small incisions,one to use to inflate a gas into the region to view the hernia and the surrounding area.Microscopic technique used to view the intensive region,and the Doctor can repair the hernia without a long process.The mesh is installed through the several small incisions underneath the repaired hernia.
Thank you for asking!
hey dear big brother, id crawl in in a hole before letting them cut into me, it is evil to me like car accidents, i can't handle the thought, id flee that more than anything and pray constantly that evil will flle from us. Trust Him alone not to make you suffer, HE suffered for you already!

Since: Apr 13

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#445391
May 26, 2013
 
Do not get me wrong, I have and support the many GOD given miracles occurring within the RCC however I would be a fool to believe these humans who once backed burning homosexual at the stake, killed witches and thought mentally ill people were possessed by demons and also read from mistranslated Bibles is a perfect reflection of GOD. I assign the good stuff to GOD, not a church!
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#445392
May 27, 2013
 
Preston wrote:
<quoted text>read the bible and judge for yourself.
2 thess 2 :11
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
I didnt say I saw her.
Im saying God is able to do as He wishes. Im not going to worship at a shrine.
But God has sent Angels. Why not Mary. And at a time when the eorld would face communism in its future or a World War??

Just sayin.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#445393
May 27, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

a Hermaphrodote wrote:
Do not get me wrong, I have and support the many GOD given miracles occurring within the RCC however I would be a fool to believe these humans who once backed burning homosexual at the stake, killed witches and thought mentally ill people were possessed by demons and also read from mistranslated Bibles is a perfect reflection of GOD. I assign the good stuff to GOD, not a church!
Not to mention burning those who said Christ was enough alone.

There are many true christians within the catholic faith, but the catholic faith was not started by Christ. Imo

My friend is a missionary in equador, and many worship the statue mary there.
Mary had to be saved like all others. She was a sinner. Sin is transfered through the man.

True catholics worship a god cookie, and man made rituals.
True christians worship Christ alone :)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#445394
May 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So the evil that Jehovah created is perfect?
:)
~~~

You Gloat about....
what you call God's evil..

Yet you act as if you have no fear of Him..and continue you vendetta against Him daily...

If you believe that violence is a part of His attributes...

~~~
WHY DO YOU DARE HIM...

___

You claim to be an atheist.... you claim you don't believe there is a God...

yet you spend hours daily attempting to discredit someone/something... that you want us to believe ...does not exist..

Your attempt to play both sides of the arguments ...

and your post only reveal the confusion of your thoughts....

If you do sort these things you are ultimately headed for an

insane institution...

You show the progressive symptoms of double mindedness...

Jas 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

you are as unstable as a bowl of Jello

The Lord will rebuke you and bring your voice to silence

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 429,601 - 429,620 of512,288
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••