Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646797 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Human Being

Hosston, LA

#445704 May 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Through the eons of time before the Catholics came up with the Jesus' story, there were many other religions that also preached of savior sons of gods coming back to earth to rescue them.
I have faith in my own ability to know that I should avoid hurting others ... and if that is not enough, then so be it. I can't do better than my best.
They never came to rescue anybody in those religions, and my guess is, there will be no Jesus (a Jew) to rescue you.
Why are so afraid of your self and your supposed sin? If you are a decent person, none of that fear should be allowed to reside in your brain. It's plain silly that you infect yourself with such nonsense.
June VanDerMark:

Propositionally, or practically speaking, the "Second Coming" is more a non-Catholic Christian's ideal, which has gained popularity in our time. To me, it has got to many people chasing their own ideas.

It would be a difficult subject for the Catholic Christian to make a concise exegesis on.

But I am very aware of the doubts of a Second Coming, especially amongst non-believers.

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#445705 May 28, 2013
The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

As everybody then believed in miracles (at least everybody who dared speak) there was nobody to investigate the reports of such occurrences, to learn whether they were true or false.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#445706 May 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So from your perception you are not arrogant when you believe that a god saved you, and will punish others because they don't have the same belief as you?
A christian is not arrogant because that have become a believer in Jesus Christ and are born again

any more than a baby is arrogant when it seeks food from it mothers breast when it is born...

Both sustains life.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#445707 May 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then fly at it ... pretending that you ALSO know the meanings of all the scriptures as the authors intended.
I never said that. But I will state my opinion of what they mean based upon learnings that I have from studying.

If you have a better one - then state it. If not, they you really don't have a reason to question mine.

Cheers.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#445708 May 28, 2013
Many Christians believe that miracles come their way. But from what I've observed, they don't believe that the one and only god would bless a Muslim with a miracle.

For those who want to see, there is a huge amount of greed by the Christians in that picture.

And the reverse is the same for the Muslims. They seem certain that the one god only blesses them with miracles.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#445709 May 28, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me the post maybe if I can't help maybe someone else can.[/QUOTE[QUOTE who="Doubt1ng Th0mas"]<quoted text>
Could people have a mistaken idea that we are in the end times as you have alluded?
Your very own Jesus, the avatar of god, with his very own words got it wrong so why shouldn’t man?
Numerous passages in the Bible portray Jesus clearly stating that the Second Coming would occur within the lifetime of his disciples.
"Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled." Matthew 24:34
C.S. Lewis called this "the most embarrassing verse in the Bible" in The World’s Last Night and Other Essays.
Three more verses explicitly state that some of the people listening to Jesus as he preached would not die before he returned.
"Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom." Matthew 16:28
"And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power." Mark 9:1
"But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God." Luke 9:27
Just some more proof that the bible that you hold up as the definitive word of god , is NOT!
Was from another forum??
Human Being

Hosston, LA

#445710 May 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
From the book “Twisted Scriptures,” by Mary Alice Chrnalogar, published in 1997.
Under hypnosis, you can be convinced that a bee is on your nose. You can see it and feel it, even though it isn’t really there. This deception can be so powerful that, if you are told that the bee has stung, a reddening swelling may appear and you will feel pain. Similarly, if someone convinces you that God will give you a command for everything you do in life, even to the tiniest detail, you will imagine that you hear commands from God. That doesn’t mean that God is really directing you. It only means that your mind imagines it to be true.
June VanDerMark:

The brain, for the most part is the most intense of our "senses". For this reason the brain can be easily deceived.

What is interesting is how narrowly we define our conclusions, as a means of acting out survival.

Albuquerque, NM

#445711 May 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
OH please DO explain what YOU mean by enlightened.
My definition is probably different from yours, and even these, so what would you like to use as our basis when discussing?

If you need, I can make an executive decision on the word usage, if you don't want to.

en·light·en/&#603;n&#7 12;la&#618;tn/
verb (used with object)
1. to give intellectual or spiritual light to; instruct; impart knowledge to: We hope the results of our research will enlighten our colleagues.
2. Archaic. to shed light upon.

en·light·en·ment/&#603;n &#712;la&#618;tnm& #601;nt/
[en-lahyt-n-muhnt]
noun
1. the act of enlightening.
2. the state of being enlightened: to live in spiritual enlightenment.
3.( usually initial capital letter ) Buddhism, Hinduism. prajna.
4. the Enlightenment, a philosophical movement of the 18th century, characterized by belief in the power of human reason and by innovations in political, religious, and educational doctrine.

Albuquerque, NM

#445712 May 28, 2013
** both from dictionary.com

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#445713 May 28, 2013
To Hell with Paul.

What did Jesus say ?
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Cor. 10:16 - Paul asks the question, "the cup of blessing and the bread of which we partake, is it not an actual participation in Christ's body and blood?" Is Paul really asking because He, the divinely inspired writer, does not understand? No, of course not. Paul's questions are obviously rhetorical. This IS the actual body and blood. Further, the Greek word "koinonia" describes an actual, not symbolic participation in the body and blood.
1 Cor. 10:18 - in this verse, Paul is saying we are what we eat. We are not partners with a symbol. We are partners of the one actual body.
1 Cor. 11:23 - Paul does not explain what he has actually received directly from Christ, except in the case when he teaches about the Eucharist. Here, Paul emphasizes the importance of the Eucharist by telling us he received directly from Jesus instructions on the Eucharist which is the source and summit of the Christian faith.
1 Cor. 11:24 - the same translation is used by Paul - "touto mou estin to soma." The statement is "this is really" my body and blood. Nowhere in Scripture does God ever declare something without making it so.
1 Cor. 11:27-29 - in these verses, Paul says that eating or drinking in an unworthy manner is the equivalent of profaning (literally, murdering) the body and blood of the Lord. If this is just a symbol, we cannot be guilty of actually profaning (murdering) it. We cannot murder a symbol. Either Paul, the divinely inspired apostle of God, is imposing an unjust penalty, or the Eucharist is the actual body and blood of Christ.
1 Cor. 11:30 - this verse alludes to the consequences of receiving the Eucharist unworthily. Receiving the actual body and blood of Jesus in mortal sin results in actual physical consequences to our bodies.
1 Cor. 11:27-30 - thus, if we partake of the Eucharist unworthily, we are guilty of literally murdering the body of Christ, and risking physical consequences to our bodies. This is overwhelming evidence for the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist. These are unjust penalties if the Eucharist is just a symbol.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#445714 May 28, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Black Thunder 42:
I do keep the tv on, mainly its white noise. I rarely listen to the news, but like TCM(old black/white moves of the 30's), and scan the religious stations before going to bed.
Overall, I grew up in a time when technology was the god, and it promised everything. Now, of course I know that was a deception. Free electricity was the rage, but look at the cost. That was my first big let down in the gods of the modern age.
So I set at work, to learn how to think, as I realized how vulnerably ignorant I was. To me, the gaining of data and observation is always skewed by bias, yet it does propel one forward, even if the end result is failure. Firm resolve produces endurance.
Heh heh heh...

The "American Dream" was/is a con to boost already rich profiteers into "megateers". Keeping the "joe" running in circles to pay more and more for less and less, and never giving him the time or tools to figure out what they are doing. I realized that well over 30 years ago, so I remain bondage free.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#445715 May 28, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
Propositionally, or practically speaking, the "Second Coming" is more a non-Catholic Christian's ideal, which has gained popularity in our time. To me, it has got to many people chasing their own ideas.
It would be a difficult subject for the Catholic Christian to make a concise exegesis on.
But I am very aware of the doubts of a Second Coming, especially amongst non-believers.
Whether people believe it or not is a matter of opinion. Our opinions won't change what will or won't occur.

The future is NOT ours to hold.

Albuquerque, NM

#445716 May 28, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes!! And anyone can read a book (in this case, the bible) and "make it mean ONLY what they want it to mean"! You my friend, as well as your other bible only (self-interpreting -editorialists) are a "perfect example" of "Relative Truth" Christians who just "make it up" as you go along, forever "failing" in your vain attempts to change over 2000 years of the TRUTH of TRUE Apostolic Church History and TRUE biblical interpretation of the bible, that was authentically interpreted by the Early Church FAthers in 397 AD giving you Protestants the bible that you so "conveniently mis-interpret to your own "destruction"!
Why don't YOU believe the "spoken, stated and expressed words" of Jesus HIMSELF in Matthew 16 regarding His One True (Universal-Catholic) Apostolic Church---AND---Our Lords (clearly revealed words) in John 6:47-59 regarding His Words< "For unless you eat my body (which is REAL FOOD) and drink my blood which is (REAL DRINK)---you CANNOT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE!!!! His words cannot be any clearer for you to understand NEW AGE!!
Taking away the context of any writing will only cause confusion, as you did with my post and the Bible.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#445717 May 28, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
A christian is not arrogant because that have become a believer in Jesus Christ and are born again
any more than a baby is arrogant when it seeks food from it mothers breast when it is born...
Both sustains life.
ROFLMAO

Most Christians here are self centered clowns that know little of their own religion let alone any other religion.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#445718 May 28, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
My definition is probably different from yours, and even these, so what would you like to use as our basis when discussing?
If you need, I can make an executive decision on the word usage, if you don't want to.
en·light·en/&#603;n&#7 12;la&#618;tn/
verb (used with object)
1. to give intellectual or spiritual light to; instruct; impart knowledge to: We hope the results of our research will enlighten our colleagues.
2. Archaic. to shed light upon.
en·light·en·ment/&#603;n &#712;la&#618;tnm& #601;nt-/
[en-lahyt-n-muhnt]
noun
1. the act of enlightening.
2. the state of being enlightened: to live in spiritual enlightenment.
3.( usually initial capital letter ) Buddhism, Hinduism. prajna.
4. the Enlightenment, a philosophical movement of the 18th century, characterized by belief in the power of human reason and by innovations in political, religious, and educational doctrine.
I comprehend the meaning of the word "enlightened."

I just don't believe that you, or any other braggarts ARE enlightened.

Albuquerque, NM

#445719 May 28, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Lords (clearly revealed words) in John 6:47-59 regarding His Words< "For unless you eat my body (which is REAL FOOD) and drink my blood which is (REAL DRINK)---you CANNOT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE!!!! His words cannot be any clearer for you to understand NEW AGE!!
Jesus isn't around anymore for you to "eat his real flesh" or "real drink".

You are confused.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#445720 May 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree as you will ... you would not like the new symbols of the many religions allowed in the America of today placed on government property ... and you KNOW that is true.
You place value ONLY on your Christian religion ... period!
And THAT is NOT fair to others who have different ways of believing.
FIrst I was talking tradition..history..not NEW beliefs.

But unless those symbols went up to CELEBRATE 911 or some other terrorist act..fine. celebrate your holiday.

Albuquerque, NM

#445721 May 28, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You NEW AGE are (the one) that is unable to believe the TRUTH of Jesus because of your "inability comprehend the TRUTH of the TRUE MEANING of the Words of Jesus. What Jesus actually meant is no surprise to ANY of the 1.168+ billion Catholics around the world, nor to the billions of Catholic-Christians that have "gone before us--marked with the sign of faith"!! The TRUE INTERPRETATION of the "Canon of Scripture" from the Early Church fAthers in 397 AD has been PROVEN AS TRUTH for over 2000 years, substantiated and confirmed by the "overwhelming Church Historian Apologistic authors and writers BOTH Catholic and Protestant. The fact is New Age is that you are so "caught up" in "YOUR OWN" 21st century (MODERNISTIC) opinionated "anti-catholic" interpretation" of the bible that "blindness, and deafness to the REAL TRUTH has "escaped your ability to "comprehend the TRUE MEANING OF THE WORDS (EXPRESSLY SPOKEN) by Jesus HIMSELF!!!
Repeat...repeat....repeat....b reathe....AAAAHHHH!

Repeat...repeat....repeat....b reathe....AAAAHHHH!

*sighs*

Dawson Creek, Canada

#445722 May 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
Most Christians here are self centered clowns that know little of their own religion let alone any other religion.
From my perspective, all people of religion that credit their selves with knowing the future ... ARE clowns ... or fools to their own folly.

Been there ... done that!

Dawson Creek, Canada

#445723 May 28, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus isn't around anymore for you to "eat his real flesh" or "real drink".
You are confused.
So you know for a fact that Jesus existed ... just because you read it in a book written by men?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Buck Crick 49,255
Family members... 25 min Thedirtydog 3
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 25 min andet1987 2,095
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 31 min Buck Crick 445,740
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 35 min RiccardoFire 44,712
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Buck Crick 971,785
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 1 hr Ann Bonney 53,828
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 hr Annaleigh 105,649
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 14 hr taylorr 25
More from around the web