Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
429,501 - 429,520 of 533,158 Comments Last updated 15 min ago
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Preston wrote:
<quoted text>read the bible and judge for yourself.
2 thess 2 :11
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
"And for this cause, God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie"

Preston, explain why "Them" refers to the Catholic Church? How can you justify inserting this theory into Pauls letter?
If 'them' was referring to anyone, it would be the people who injected the lie of sola scripture into Christianity.
But of course, Paul wouldn't be talking about that either, because sola scripture didn't exist then.

'them' refers to members of the Catholic Church in Thessaloniki, not the Church itself which Paul was a member of.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, am I to believe that "space" and "time" were not created by god?
Remember, I just showed you (1) instance that god stated he created evil-in Isaiah.
You are irrationally trying to justify your god's behavior or ineptness to perfection, and placing the blame on man and angels.
If I design a faulty jet, and it crashes because of it, is it the passengers fault or the designer?
It would seem you have made up your mind against God already.
and have found Him guilty.

We live in an age where everything wrong is right and everything right is wrong.
Mans heart is evil Genesis 8: 20-25 ,
Abortions are murder of innocent yet man has created every excuse in the book to kill them.
Homosexuality is wrong but again man has created, a family of 2 men, or 2 woman together raising a family.
This is why Man says there is no God because they want to do what they want to do lust of the flesh it feels good do it.
They say in their hearts we don't need god anymore so lets get rid of Him and so in their hearts they say to themselves there is not God.
And start pointing fingers at Him for all the evil that is done in this world.
Well who am I to tell you the sins you commit are worse then mine.
All are sinners and come short of the Glory of God.
have a great day.
Human Being

Eunice, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about your first line.
How is it that your satan became so evil, and 1/3 of his angels revolted if there was no "evil" involved in the very creation of "heaven" if it was a perfect creation.
How is it that Noah and his family(god's choice to repopulate a new perfect world), after destroying ALL life on the planet, immediately became sinners.
The same with Lot and the preceding destruction.
Something wrong with this picture.
Is revelations going to be a repeat of the previous mistakes, or does your deity just like to annihilate humans?
Black Thunder 42:

If you must in your mind equate good and evil, then think of it like this: God is good. And going towards God is a "good" direction.

Without God is evil. And going away from God is an evil direction.

Angels were created with free-will, along with humanity. God's unselfish nature created both to have free-will. And God confidently knows, and believes in humanity enough, that Good will overcome evil.

So God provided the Way for humanity to forever know what is good and evil, in Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit, and the Father.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
In the last days God will send two witnesses...two that have been translated in the past (that have never died)
Rev_11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
Yet ultimately they will die ...
Rev 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
Rev 11:9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
Rev 11:10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
___
(NOTE BELOW IS THE PATTERN OF DEATH AND RESURRECTION...(.AND THE ASCENSION OF THOSE THAT ARE BORN AGAIN, AND READY FOR THE COMING OF JESUS..)
THAT IS SET FOR ALL THAT BELIEVE IN GOD (ONLY OUR LENGTH OF DEATH IS NOT NECESSARILY LIMITED TO THREE DAYS)
Rev 11:11 And after three days and an half
THE SPIRIT OF LIFE FROM GOD...
ENTERED IN TO THEM,
AND THEY STOOD UPON THEIR FEET;
and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
Rev 11:12 AND THEY HEARD A GREAT VOICE FROM HEAVEN SAYING UNTO THEM, COME UP HITHER AND THEY ASCENDED UP TO HEAVEN IN A CLOUD...
and their enemies beheld them.
___
1Co_15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
Mary the Mother of Jesus has never been assumed into heaven..
IF SHE WAS...SHE WOULD ULTIMATELY HAVE TO DIE...AND HER DEATH WOULD HAVE BE RECORDED IN THE BIBLE...AS THE DEATH OF THE TWO WITNESS IS...
You base everything you teach about the Mother of Jesus Christ on the Bible.
I think you should provide some writings where Christ says 'everything about His Mother is documented in the Bible'! Otherwise you risk insulting Jesus Christ by spreading rumors about His Mom.
Human Being

Eunice, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Theology limited
Maybe your arrogant attitude comes from the evil well of Jehovah ... NOT the holy well.
If you keep that picture in mind, your arrogance will frizzle to a frazzle of its own accord.
I suggest YOU do the work, and stop being so lazy as to believe a god should be expected to do the work for you.
June VanDerMark:

Lol. If I tried to keep the picture in my mind that you draw, then I would get frazzled! It looks like German Expressionist to me, I like Impressionist, and Classical a bit more.(smile).

But you are correct, I am a bit to slothful(lazy) for my own good. I will work on that area. I will keep that in my mind. One must be submissive and also work with God.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
In the last days God will send two witnesses...two that have been translated in the past (that have never died)
Rev_11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
Rev 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
Rev 11:9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
Rev 11:10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
___
(NOTE BELOW IS THE PATTERN OF DEATH AND RESURRECTION...(.AND THE ASCENSION OF THOSE THAT ARE BORN AGAIN, AND READY FOR THE COMING OF JESUS..)
THAT IS SET FOR ALL THAT BELIEVE IN GOD (ONLY OUR LENGTH OF DEATH IS NOT NECESSARILY LIMITED TO THREE DAYS)
ENTERED IN TO THEM,
Rev 11:12 AND THEY HEARD A GREAT VOICE FROM HEAVEN SAYING UNTO THEM, COME UP HITHER AND THEY ASCENDED UP TO HEAVEN IN A CLOUD...
___
1Co_15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
IF SHE WAS...SHE WOULD ULTIMATELY HAVE TO DIE...AND HER DEATH WOULD HAVE BE RECORDED IN THE BIBLE...AS THE DEATH OF THE TWO WITNESS IS...
~~~

THE FABLES ABOUT MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS...ARE JUST THAT...FABLES AND MYTHS..

FABLES THAT COME FORM.... AND TO THOSE... THAT CANNOT/REFUSE TO LIVE BY FAITH...

Rom_14:23 ........ for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

THE WORD OF GOD SAYS

Heb_11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him:

for he that cometh to God

must believe that he is, and

that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

THE ABOVE SCRIPTURE SAYS NOTHING ABOUT COMING TO MARY...OR THROUGH MARY...OR ANY OTHER SAINTS...

JESUS SAID...

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

1Ti_2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Heb_8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

Heb_9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Heb_12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

GOD DOES NOT FOLLOW THE PROTOCOL OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH..

HIS CHAIN OF COMMAND DOES NOT INCLUDE MARY OR THE SAINTS..

IT IS ....FATHER..SON..AND HOLY GHOST...NONE OTHER QUALIFIES
Human Being

Eunice, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I still say a hail mary at times. But now I think of it as asking a mother to speak to her son. I ask Jesus to talk to my mom if she is there. I pray she is.
I dont think its a wrong thing. We ask people to pray for us all the time. But As a child growing up..I equated Mary with her Son. And I dont think that is something she wanted
What I cannot understsnd is being judged for telling about My own childhood in a Catholic school. Thats silly imo
rosesz:

As children, it is generally easier to make an appeal to one's mother, even when it goes to the father. In a way, mother's tell the child to go "ask your father". And it is a signal, for the child, with a certain amount of pleading, that their desires will be granted.

The same is true of Mary, and God(Jesus).

Growing up in Protestant atmosphere, with my father working, and tired, I would always ask my mother first. But becoming Catholic, I find, Mary led me to Jesus, as to do what he tells me. I am bolder now coming to Jesus, than as a Protestant, when for me God was a bit more austere.(And to my mind, overworked, and tired!)

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
Lol. If I tried to keep the picture in my mind that you draw, then I would get frazzled! It looks like German Expressionist to me, I like Impressionist, and Classical a bit more.(smile).
But you are correct, I am a bit to slothful(lazy) for my own good. I will work on that area. I will keep that in my mind. One must be submissive and also work with God.
If this god created good AND evil, you are just as likely to be evil as you are to be good. But you want to believe that you are good and others are evil.

It's in YOUR nature to be that arrogant.

Even as a child I would not believe that I was good and others were evil. I knew instinctively that there was something very wrong with the religion itself.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
You Gloat about....
what you call God's evil..
That's not true. I just want you to be honest, and not state that your image of a god is ONLY good. And you refuse to believe that the god of your worship is anything BUT good.

The words are very plain for all to see that (the one and only god Jehovah) created good AND evil.

You are dishonest.
Human Being

Eunice, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah something is wrong, man can't be God no matter how hard they try. God gave man everything, a beautiful planet to live on supplied all our needs, man wasn't happy they wanted to be like God or a god. remember free will.
Satan wasn't happy being the most beautiful angel, with all the power and love God gave Him he wanted to be above God, and because he became full of pride lead a revolt in Heaven.
Remember free will.
Pride God hates it, it was the first sin committed and it was in Heaven.
God doesn't make mistakes, if man had of listen to God when He said 'THOU SHALL NOT DO' we wouldn't be in this mess.
LTM

I am in agreement. But I don't really understand the mindset of the atheist. I know that there are a spectrum of beliefs to the atheist, but it just seems they do not believe in free-will. And it is a theory at best. It seems they substitute chaos, or randomness, or chance, for free-will. What do you think?

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
jethro8:
The pain comes and goes. The prostate? I am not sure yet. The doctor wants to check the PSA one more time before a biopsy
Whatever comes my way, I am prepared in the sense that I am at peace.
tell him you want a petscan done from top of head to knee joint,they are very accurate in diagnosing cancer,biopsy or not have a petscan done,it's the same as a ct scan except they inject you with radioactive sugar,wait till it travels through your system,then take scans,45 minute process,but it's worth it because it can detect a tumor 1/16th of an inch an smaller depending on the cancer. a biopsy could miss something that small,to play it safe ask for a petscan.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
June,
The Bible gives me a look into what God thinks and said.
So if the bible gives you a look into what a god thinks ... then I suggest you take it as it is ... and believe that the god created evil.

It's not so pleasant then is it ... to believe that the god is up to good AND NO good?

He can be nice ... but he can also be NAUGHTY! Maybe he's just stringing you along.

Or maybe there is no such thing AS a god.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
___
ENTERED IN TO THEM,
___
I get that there will be 2 in the last days. I think Elijah and Enoch. Since man is only to die once and these teo didnt. Or maybe more contemporary witnesses

But That does not mean that will be the only witness. I have no idea..really. just saying He could. Basically do whatever He wants
HE is God. We are not
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not true. I just want you to be honest, and not state that your image of a god is ONLY good. And you refuse to believe that the god of your worship is anything BUT good.
The words are very plain for all to see that (the one and only god Jehovah) created good AND evil.
You are dishonest.
We chose to know evil. It was Not His plan for us. But without the choice we woukd be puppets.
Human Being

Eunice, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
NUMEROUS POPES DECLARE MARY SAVES SOULS
Leo XIII, Jucunda Semper, 1894: "When Mary offered herself completely to God together with her Son in the temple, she was already sharing with him the painful atonement on behalf of the human race ...(at the foot of cross) she willingly offered him up to the divine justice, dying with him in her heart, pierced by the sword of sorrow."
Pius X, Ad Diem Illum, 1904: "Owing to the union of suffering and purpose existing between Christ and Mary, she merited to become most worthily the reparatrix of the lost world, and for this reason, the dispenser of ALL favors which Jesus acquired for us by his death ...
Benedict XV, Inter Sodalicia, 1918: "To such extent did Mary suffer and almost die with her suffering and dying Son; to such extent did she surrender her maternal rights over her Son for : man's salvation .. that we may rightly say she redeemed the human race together with Christ."
Plus XI, 1935, in a prayer to close a jubilee, we find the first use of the word Co-redemptrix by a pope: "O Mother of love and mercy who, when thy sweetest Son was consummating the Redemption of the human race on in the altar of the cross, didst stand next to him suffering with him as a Coredemptrix."
Plus XII, in a radio broadcast in 1946: "Mary, for having been associated with the King of Martyrs in the ineffable work of human Redemption as Mother and co-operatrix, she remains forever associated with him, with an almost unlimited power, in the distribution of graces which flow from the Redemption."
John XXIII, Vatican II's Lumen Gentium, 1965.
Paul VI, Christi Matri. "The Church ... been accustomed to have recourse to that most ready intercessor, her Mother Mary ... For as St. Irenaeus says, she 'has become the cause of salvation for the whole human race"
John Paul II, Mother of the Redeemer, 1987.
Pius IX, Ubi Primum, 1849: "For God has committed to Mary the treasury of all good things, in order that everyone may know that THROUGH HER are obtained every hope, every grace, and ALL SALVATION. For this is his will, that we obtain everything through Mary."
Leo XIII, Supremi Apostolatus, 1883: "O Mary, the guardian of our peace and the dispensatrix of heavenly graces."
Plus X, Ad Diem Illum, 1904: "It was granted to the august Virgin to be together with her Only-begotten Son the most powerful Mediatrix and Conciliatrix of the whole world. So Christ is the source ... Mary, however, as St. Bernard justly remarks, is the channel, or she is the neck by which the Body is united to the Head... through which ALL spiritual gifts are communicated to his Body."
Benedict XV, In a decree on Joan of Are: "In every miracle we must recognize the mediation of Mary, through whom, according to God's will, every grace and blessing comes to us."
Plus XI, Miserentissimus Redemptor, 1928: "Confiding in her intercession with Jesus, "the one Mediator of God and man, who wished to associate his own Mother with himself as the advocate of sinners, as the dispenser and mediatrix of grace."
Plus XII, Superiore Anno, 1940: "As St. Bernard declares,'it is the will of God that we obtain favors through Mary, let everyone hasten to have recourse to Mary."
John XXIII, see Vatican II, Lumen Gentium.
Paul VI, see Lumen Gentium.
John Paul II, Dives in Misericordia, 1980, quoting Lumen Gentium, "In fact, by being assumed into heaven she has not laid aside the office of salvation but by the manifold intercession she continues to obtain for us the grace of eternal salvation."
Tiger Lily

Cherry picking statements.

If you are unwilling to bear the Cross with Christ, you are not going to share in the glory with Him.

Mary did share it. And becomes a model for us to follow, and to grow with as a child, to an adult as she did as the Mother of Jesus. I definitely want Him as my older brother.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
It would seem you have made up your mind against God already.
and have found Him guilty.
We live in an age where everything wrong is right and everything right is wrong.
Mans heart is evil Genesis 8: 20-25 ,
Abortions are murder of innocent yet man has created every excuse in the book to kill them.
Homosexuality is wrong but again man has created, a family of 2 men, or 2 woman together raising a family.
This is why Man says there is no God because they want to do what they want to do lust of the flesh it feels good do it.
They say in their hearts we don't need god anymore so lets get rid of Him and so in their hearts they say to themselves there is not God.
And start pointing fingers at Him for all the evil that is done in this world.
Well who am I to tell you the sins you commit are worse then mine.
All are sinners and come short of the Glory of God.
have a great day.
You failed to address the question.
You are now creating a "strawman" argument.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>I think folks have their hands full trying to figure your MIND out;let alone the maker of all things.
From your perspective is that a good thing, or a bad thing?

I've also been trying to figure out what others are thinking to make them so filled with lust in the belief that a god loves them and will reward them, while at the same time they are eager to believe that the same god will disown and punish others.

Do you think I have it figured out yet Jumper?

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
And you can't prove what you think is wind...is wind...it might be a rush of air!!!!!
or a blast of wind

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Regina wrote:
<quoted text>

"Forgive them, Father, for they know not what they do."
Not the words of someone who doesn't love.
(Silly people!)
He was showing sympathy for those who did not understand what they do on this planet.

Not why they killed him.

Move past the words and understand their meanings.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Within the theology do you believe your soul is aligned to the holiness that Jehovah created ... or to the evil that Jehovah created?
Good day to you June VanDerMark. I am going to answer your question to me based upon my personal relationship with God. In order to that I must emphasize, I had to learn to take my eyes off a particular faith and off of man and put my focus on God. I realized I needed to go back to the basics in my walk with God in order to have a personal relationship with Him. I used the commandments found in the Bible. The first one that stood out to me was Mark 12:30. King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
"And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment..." Next, I moved to this part found in Mark 12:31: King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And the second is like, namely this, "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these." My thoughts were if I am aligning my heart to love God with all my heart, mind, soul, and strength then love my neighbor as myself that I will not be consumed with telling others how they should live, but I would be living daily attempting to follow God's commandments and grow and learn about all the other things God has instructed me to do. Sadly, I allowed sinful self to step in and tossed those commandments away. I am thankful God is a God of many chances and didn't turn His back on me and walk away and gave me another chance to repent and try to start all over in personal relationship with him. People are sometimes in the fight of their lives and the last thing they need is someone attacking them because of their religion or believing differently. Some people use any opportunity to bash someone even to the point of attacking on a personal level using whatever means is available at the time and this is where I need to leave because God can't be found in bickering back and forth about a particular faith. If I am busy being about my Father's business then I will not be found being about everyone's business. In conclusion, I am trying to align my soul with God's commandments He has given us and allow the Holy Spirit to instruct me as the example of being on the potter's wheel and one day strive to be off that potter's wheel. I align my soul with the sin/evil when I put the me of sinful self in the equation refusing to obey God and do what He has called me to do...His will for my life. It reminds me of the scriptures:
1 Corinthians 3:2 I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready...or...Hebrews 5:12: King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. My final goal I pray I'm found doing the basic principles of God's instruction and I never allow my sinful self to hurt anyone by using religion as weapon. Thank you for allowing me some time this morning instead of last night to make my reply to you. I hope you are having a nice day.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

784 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min BenAdam 721,807
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min Growupchildren 224,452
passing by 12 min andet1987 2
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 15 min andet1987 5,256
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 15 min EXPERT 115,435
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 19 min andet1987 3,985
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 21 min bsr 526
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 52 min FudgeNFury 256,792
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Stilgar Fifrawi 172,510
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 6 hr Nixxi 84
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••