Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653794 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#445541 May 27, 2013
Those that have devout faith are not at all shy that they and those who believe as they believe, deserve nothing but the best.

Spoiled children in the bodies of adults.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#445542 May 27, 2013
who="Seraphima"It takes a truly loving and devoted person who leans of Gods love to care for someone you love who is very ill.Trust me,I KNOW.Each and everyday I know that I am Blessed and that Hermi would do the same for me.May Gods love lift your spirits.God Bless You!

Bless you for taking care of him. It is a terrible thing to be lonely, but it is even worse to be sick and helpless without someone to help you.

GIF takes care of me. I've not been able to take care of myself much for a long time.

KayMarie

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#445543 May 27, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Jesus said
Each time you preach that the bible said, or Jesus said ... you are shooting off once again with what just could be ... blanks.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

blank

Adjective

(of a surface or background) Unrelieved by decorative or other features; bare, empty, or plain.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#445544 May 27, 2013
If I believed that the creator created good and evil ... I would believe he wanted me to have a portion of both ... not just to take the tastiest food from one side from the men-u, and leave the bitter food for others.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#445545 May 27, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I,we as Catholics DO READ THE BIBLE (every day). We hear it, proclaim it, comprehend it, absorb it, believe it "ONLY the TRUE INTERPRETATION" and we live it (each and every day at daily Mass.
The power of God is not limited to just one man. It has been given, manifested and directed to every one. CLEARLY in Matthew 16 Jesus is appointing Peter as His "earthly representative" to lead His One (and only one) True (Universal)Catholic Church). Peter has been given this authority by JESUS HIMSELF to guide and direct His Church until (Jesus Himself) returns for the second time, in glory!! "To you Peter, I give the keys to the kingdom of heaven........etc......Matthew s gospel demonstrates that Jesus has given Peter a divine appointment, to be the chief shepherd of the Church after Christ was no longer with them, Jesus only speaks about His death after appointing Peter the Chief Shepherd. When Jesus give Peter the keys to the kingdom, Jesus is establishing Peter as the authority over His Church and also facilitates apostolic succession to the chair. See Isaiah 22:15, 19-33 which is the only other place where "keys" as used to describe dynasic succession to the Davidic Kingdom, which Jesus came to fulfill in his Holy Catholic Church. Catholics have the greatest love for Scripture as we hear, read and proclaim it daily. The Bible directs us to an authority outside of itself to insure that it is properly interpret and not abused with false, heretical and contradicting interpetations that continue to divide the body of Christ--that Paul speaks of in I Cor 1:10. That is why Paul "further confirms" the Church that Jesus established, formed and initiated, in I Timothy 3:15 when calls "The CHURCH (not the bible alone) as the pillar,pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH.
So where does the Borgia pope come in along with those..as Pope John Paul said. Who allowed the church to be used for persecution .by the secular authorities.

And today yes you have bible study. And great. But we only had Catechism and yes the gospel s in the Mass. Interpreted to us by this priests.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#445546 May 27, 2013
As I recall now the first lessons in that Catechism are about the title if this forum.

The Catholic Church is the one true church established by God.

Then came lessons about Jesus. But I coukd be wrong in my memories.
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#445547 May 27, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Tiger Lily
Cherry picking statements.
If you are unwilling to bear the Cross with Christ, you are not going to share in the glory with Him.
Mary did share it. And becomes a model for us to follow, and to grow with as a child, to an adult as she did as the Mother of Jesus. I definitely want Him as my older brother.
I struggle to see how the list I posted was "cherry picking".
It was a collection of verifiable statements.

How do you conclude that I am unwilling to bear the cross with Christ?

That is far fetched on your part.
Please remain credible by not posting assumptions.

Mary is dead and awaiting her resurrection.
It is a lie that she was raised and that she ascended into Heaven.
Nobody saw it. The RCC had to process this so that Catholics would have no doubt that she was in Heaven listening to prayers.

CATHOLIC TRADITION - Mary is the Queen of Heaven.
WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS - Worshipping the queen of heaven (which is not the Mary of the Bible) is worshipping another god and it provokes the Lord to anger.
Jeremiah 7:17 Seest thou not what they do in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem?
7:18 The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.
7:19 Do they provoke me to anger? saith the LORD: do they not provoke themselves to the confusion of their own faces?

CATHOLIC TRADITION - Mary is the mother of God.

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS - Mary is the mother of the earthly Jesus, not God. Jesus pre- existed from everlasting as God (see John 1:1).

When He came to redeem mankind, He laid aside His glory and was made like unto sinful man so that He could take our punishment (Hebrew 2:9). God has no mother. He has lived from everlasting which means He had no beginning.

Isaiah 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

[If Mary gave birth to God, she'd be God.]
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#445548 May 27, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
The problem is the bible seems to tell different people different things.
It doesn't really, Anthony. We are so different in our experiences that our 'answers' need to be 'fitted' to us. His Word can meet our special needs.
In our efforts to express what we know, we may be sounding differently, but if we continue in faith, He will continue teaching us until we are completed in Him.
Some people do get 'stuck' in a rut, trusting what men (not God) have taught them. But if we honestly 'reason' with Him, and with each other, we will 'grow up unto Him'.
KayMarie
Yes, people read the same passage and think God is telling them something completely different than what the early Christians believed.

St. Paul tells us that eating and drinking the Eucharist and not discerning the body of the Lord brings damnation upon yourself.

You say no.

Pretty substantial differnce there don't you think?

#445549 May 27, 2013
who="Clay"
I read the Bible and I clearly see Christ starting a Church and Peter headed it while Jesus departed. THIS KAY, is scripture alone. You guys claim you're sola scripture, but the most blatant writings are denied.
You know in your heart that Bible Alone is a false teaching. You know Our Lord never taught this. We showed you when it was invented and by who. There should be no more argument.

It wasn't invented, Clay. It was 'discovered' right where it had been all along. It is not a false teaching. I read the WHOLE Bible, and not just the special lesson books the church provides.

Martin Luther did that, too...
KayMarie
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#445550 May 27, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I struggle to see how the list I posted was "cherry picking".
It was a collection of verifiable statements.
How do you conclude that I am unwilling to bear the cross with Christ?
That is far fetched on your part.
Please remain credible by not posting assumptions.
Mary is dead and awaiting her resurrection.
It is a lie that she was raised and that she ascended into Heaven.
Nobody saw it. The RCC had to process this so that Catholics would have no doubt that she was in Heaven listening to prayers.
CATHOLIC TRADITION - Mary is the Queen of Heaven.
WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS - Worshipping the queen of heaven (which is not the Mary of the Bible) is worshipping another god and it provokes the Lord to anger.
Jeremiah 7:17 Seest thou not what they do in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem?
7:18 The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.
7:19 Do they provoke me to anger? saith the LORD: do they not provoke themselves to the confusion of their own faces?
CATHOLIC TRADITION - Mary is the mother of God.
WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS - Mary is the mother of the earthly Jesus, not God. Jesus pre- existed from everlasting as God (see John 1:1).
When He came to redeem mankind, He laid aside His glory and was made like unto sinful man so that He could take our punishment (Hebrew 2:9). God has no mother. He has lived from everlasting which means He had no beginning.
Isaiah 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
[If Mary gave birth to God, she'd be God.]
We can't go by the Bible alone, because that's not what Jesus Christ taught.
If you say He did teach that, then you ought to show where or shut it. Its that simple. If you claim to follow Jesus, then do not interfere with the Church He set up and promised to protect.

The fact that you use His Churches scriptures to undermine it, is nothing short of wicked.... Although you yourself may not be wicked, your actions are participating in the Devils work. So you're inadvertently doing wicked things ... Or at least I pray its inadvertent.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#445551 May 27, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So where does the Borgia pope come in along with those..as Pope John Paul said. Who allowed the church to be used for persecution .by the secular authorities.
And today yes you have bible study. And great. But we only had Catechism and yes the gospel s in the Mass. Interpreted to us by this priests.
Bad guys those Borgia popes. They were scoundrels. But they never taught heresy.

Did anyone, any priest, sister, catechism teacher ever tell you not to read the bible?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#445552 May 27, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Every time you are presented with truth about the Roman Catholic church you yell foul and call the person a liar. You, as we all know, are the liar.
You said, quote, "You got any propaganda from the last 100 yrs? I see 1618, 1512, 1849 and 1913. save this crap for your victims at Bible study. They won't bother cross checking your slander like we will. Lol" End quote.
Did the Roman Catholic church exist in 1618, 1512, 1849 or 1913? Yes or no?
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the Catholic Church existed in every decade since 33 AD. Your latest posts about Mary, were a little more accurate. Why don't you cite the link where you obtained this info?
The one yesterday was a joke. It was classic material that protestants distributed on pamphlets in the 19th century. Any 8 yr old with a computer can debunk it now with two clicks. Nobody could back then, so they fell for it.
Don't you see how much deception it takes to undermine Catholicism? I tell you, if a fraction of what you people said was true about the Catholic Church, I would not be in it! I would NOT worship Mary!
You lie so much you believe it yourself. Sad.

You said, quote, "I tell you, if a fraction of what you people said was true about the Catholic Church, I would not be in it! I would NOT worship Mary!" End quote.

You are in it and you worship Mary.

ROMAN CATHOLIC quotes and the source of the quote.

"Take care that we lose not that salvation, that life and breath which thou hast given us, for thou art our shepherd, thou art our physician, thou art our governor, thou art our husbandman, thou art finally another God on earth." Christopher Marcellus in Oration addressing Pope Julius II, in Fifth Lateran Council, Session IV (1512), Council Edition. Colm. Agrip. 1618,(Sacrorum Conciliorum, J.D. Mansi (ed.), Vol. 32, col. 761),(also quoted in History of the Councils, vol. XIV, col 109, by Labbe and Cossart).

"The Pope and God are the same, so he has all power in Heaven and earth." Pope Pius V, quoted in Barclay, Chapter XXVII, p. 218, "Cities Petrus Bertanous".

"Christ Jesus left you this sweet key of obedience; for He left His Vicar, whom you are all obliged to obey until death. And whoever is outside his obedience is in a state of damnation." St. Catherine of Siena, MCH, reference #374,(quoted in Apostolic Digest, by Michael Malone, Book 5: "The Book of Obedience", Chapter 1: "There is No Salvation Without Personal Submission to the Pope").

“Once he joins the Catholic church, he has no further use for his reason. He enters the Church, an edifice illumined by the superior light of revelation and faith. He can leave reason like a lantern at the door.” Explanation of Catholic Morals, A Concise, Reasoned, and Popular Exposition of Catholic Morals, by John H. Stapleton, p 76, Benziger Brothers, NY, 1913.

"Whoever does not wish to have Mary Immaculate as his Mother will not have Christ as his Brother either; the Father will not send His Son to him; the Son will not descend into his soul; the Holy Spirit will not make him a member of the Mystical Body of Christ; for all these mysteries of grace take place in Mary Full-of-Grace, and in her alone. And, since the First-Born Son was conceived only through the specific consent of the Most Blessed Virgin, the same holds true for all other humans." St. Maximilian Mary Kolbe, ICS, p. 85,(quoted in Apostolic Digest, by Michael Malone, Book 1: "The Book of Mary," Chapter 3: "Those Who Refuse to Honor Our Lady Will Be Lost").

"The foundation of all Our confidence, as you know well, Venerable Brethren, is found in the Blessed Virgin Mary. For, God has committed to Mary the treasury of all good things, in order that everyone may know that through her are obtained every hope, every grace, and all salvation. For this is His will, that we obtain everything through Mary." Pope Pius IX, in Ubi Primum (On the Immaculate Conception), Encyclical promulgated on February 2, 1849,#5.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#445553 May 27, 2013
who="Clay"
I read the Bible and I clearly see Christ starting a Church and Peter headed it while Jesus departed. THIS KAY, is scripture alone. You guys claim you're sola scripture, but the most blatant writings are denied.
You know in your heart that Bible Alone is a false teaching. You know Our Lord never taught this. We showed you when it was invented and by who. There should be no more argument.
It wasn't invented, Clay. It was 'discovered' right where it had been all along. It is not a false teaching. I read the WHOLE Bible, and not just the special lesson books the church provides.
Martin Luther did that, too...
KayMarie
God kept this 'discovery' hidden in the bible from the time of earliest Christians and for the next 1400 years?

#445554 May 27, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's St. John and Acts:
John 6:68 - after the disciples leave, Peter is the first to speak and confess his belief in Christ after the Eucharistic discourse.
John 13:6-9 - Peter speaks out to the Lord in front of the apostles concerning the washing of feet.
John 13:36; 21:18 - Jesus predicts Peter's death. Peter was martyred at Rome in 67 A.D. Several hundred years of papal successors were also martyred.
John 21:2-3,11 - Peter leads the fishing and his net does not break. The boat (the "barque of Peter") is a metaphor for the Church.
John 21:7 - only Peter got out of the boat and ran to the shore to meet Jesus. Peter is the earthly shepherd leading us to God.
John 21:15 - in front of the apostles, Jesus asks Peter if he loves Jesus "more than these," which refers to the other apostles. Peter is the head of the apostolic see.
John 21:15-17 - Jesus charges Peter to "feed my lambs," "tend my sheep," "feed my sheep." Sheep means all people, even the apostles.
Acts 1:13 - Peter is first when entering upper room after our Lord's ascension. The first Eucharist and Pentecost were given in this room.
Acts 1:15 - Peter initiates the selection of a successor to Judas right after Jesus ascended into heaven, and no one questions him. Further, if the Church needed a successor to Judas, wouldn't it need one to Peter? Of course.
Acts 2:14 - Peter is first to speak for the apostles after the Holy Spirit descended upon them at Pentecost. Peter is the first to preach the Gospel.
Acts 2:38 - Peter gives first preaching in the early Church on repentance and baptism in the name of Jesus Christ.
Acts 3:1,3,4 - Peter is mentioned first as going to the Temple to pray.
Acts 3:6-7 - Peter works the first healing of the apostles.
Acts 3:12-26, 4:8-12 - Peter teaches the early Church the healing through Jesus and that there is no salvation other than Christ.
Acts 5:3 - Peter declares the first anathema of Ananias and Sapphira which is ratified by God, and brings about their death. Peter exercises his binding authority.
Acts 5:15 - Peter's shadow has healing power. No other apostle is said to have this power.
Acts 8:14 - Peter is mentioned first in conferring the sacrament of confirmation.
Acts 8:20-23 - Peter casts judgment on Simon's quest for gaining authority through the laying on of hands. Peter exercises his binding and loosing authority.
Acts 9:32-34 - Peter is mentioned first among the apostles and works the healing of Aeneas.
Acts 9:38-40 - Peter is mentioned first among the apostles and raises Tabitha from the dead.
Acts 10:5 - Cornelius is told by an angel to call upon Peter. Angels are messengers of God. Peter was granted this divine vision.
Acts 10:34-48, 11:1-18 - Peter is first to teach about salvation for all (Jews and Gentiles).
Acts 12:5 - this verse implies that the "whole Church" offered "earnest prayers" for Peter, their leader, during his imprisonment.
Acts 12:6-11 - Peter is freed from jail by an angel. He is the first object of divine intervention in the early Church.
Acts 15:7-12 - Peter resolves the first doctrinal issue on circumcision at the Church's first council at Jerusalem, and no one questions him. After Peter the Papa spoke, all were kept silent.
Acts 15:12 - only after Peter (the Pope) speaks do Paul and Barnabas (bishops) speak in support of Peter's definitive teaching.
Acts 15:13-14 - then James speaks to further acknowledge Peter's definitive teaching. "Simeon (Peter) has related how God first visited..."
~~~

None of Peters actions above...

gives any religious organization

special preference or dominion

over another...

#445555 May 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If you say He did teach that, then you ought to show where or shut it. Its that simple. If you claim to follow Jesus, then do not interfere with the Church He set up and promised to protect.
The fact that you use His Churches scriptures to undermine it, is nothing short of wicked.... Although you yourself may not be wicked, your actions are participating in the Devils work. So you're inadvertently doing wicked things ... Or at least I pray its inadvertent.
~~~

Why do You lie...on Jesus

Jesus said...

Mat_4:4 But he answered and said,

-->It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Luk_4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying,

-->It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#445556 May 27, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
And...just like God...you can't see neither...so in your world, since there is no God cause you can't see Him,there is mo wind and no air!!!!!
i know it's there because i can breathe it in and it touches me as it blows by,so yes i know it exists,plus we know through scientific fact it exists,if it didn't we would not exist.
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#445557 May 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
I DID show where the Bible teaches what I posted. All chapters and verses quoted.
Did you not see that?

His Churches scriptures? Oh. So only Catholics can use the Bible.

Devils work? How so? I pointed out where what you practice in the RCC is against scripture and you call that devils work.

Jesus told us by inspiring Paul to write to Timothy...

2 Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

No mention about "other writings" here, Clay.

#445558 May 27, 2013
Anthony...read it all. After Peter spoke, and Paul and Barnabas told what was happening among the Gentiles,(verse 13-20) James concludes the meeting with, "MY SENTENCE IS..." (verse 19). James was head of the church, and he gave the final word. He told them to WRITE LETTERS answering the question (verse 20).

Anthony said:
Acts 15:7-12 - Peter resolves the first doctrinal issue on circumcision at the Church's first council at Jerusalem, and no one questions him. After Peter the Papa spoke, all were kept silent.
Acts 15:12 - only after Peter (the Pope) speaks do Paul and Barnabas (bishops) speak in support of Peter's definitive teaching.
Acts 15:13-14 - then James speaks to further acknowledge Peter's definitive teaching. "Simeon (Peter) has related how God first visited...

KayMarie

#445559 May 27, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
God kept this 'discovery' hidden in the bible from the time of earliest Christians and for the next 1400 years?
It is not God's fault that the Roman Catholic Church has distorted His word over the centuries...and sent billions to torment, with their fables, myths and conjecture...The truth has been there all the time...

I have pointed out the truth from/of the word of God many times and

each time you willfully reject it...You would rather go to hell than acknowledge the truth...

JESUS CAME TO SEEK AND TO SAVE THAT WHICH WAS LOST...

THOSE FROM --->

Rev_5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof:

--> for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

CHRIST JESUS DID NOT COME EXCLUSIVELY TO YOUR HEATHEN CHURCH AND IT DOES NOT HAVE A MONOPOLY ON HIS BLOOD, HIS LOVE OR HIS GRACE.

Since: May 13

United States

#445560 May 27, 2013
disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey June stop spewing your hate. The pope has just saved you.
"The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with the Blood of Christ: all of us, not just Catholics. Everyone!‘Father, the atheists?’ Even the atheists.
Text from page http://en.radiovaticana.va/news/2013/05/22/po...
of the Vatican Radio website
talk about illiteracy!
The Pope can't save anyone no more than I can. That is just one of the traits that prove the Catholic church is pagan. Yes, we are all redeemed by the blood of the lamb ( Jesus ). It is up to us if we are going to accept that redemption by the free will that God gives us all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Into The Night 63,555
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 10 min WasteWater 106,482
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 25 min WasteWater 2,570
You are of your father......THE DEVIL. 27 min WasteWater 22
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 28 min Gabriel 973,720
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 57 min New Age Spiritual... 618,731
Carly Carrigan, you may all know her from Famil... (Jul '11) 1 hr Hogguy1947 64
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr Pegasus 281,845
More from around the web