Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
429,161 - 429,180 of 539,174 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
truth

Perth, Australia

#445058 May 25, 2013
earth heavenly position=keyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyy

trust meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
others want took for themselfffffffffffffffffffffff ff

foundation of this world lay down there as heavenly position which others try took for themself but destroy this planet and much more

heavenly position=key
o jole maliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
ujoli doli vidiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
vene vidi vici svega grla koliko te grlo nosi
this planet will be flip flop and destroy
roy not destroy see

hevenly position
lezi ispod tih brda

'if i need i will remove you all'
entirely and complete
ones implemented finishhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#445059 May 25, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
secular: Worldly rather than spiritual.
Until I find a Spiritual dictionary, I will stay with Strong's Lexicons...
apolutrosis,(the act) ransom in full, i.e.(figuratively) riddance, or (specially) Christian salvation:--deliverance, redemption.
Please explain the difference between redemption and salvation....
Basically and briefly:

When reference is made to the word "redemption," it is a reference to all of mankind. When Christ died to free mankind from the debt of punishment, He redeemed humanity as a whole.

When reference is made to the word "salvation," it is a reference to Christ saving each and everyone of us as individuals.

While Christ has died for the redemption of mankind, individuals can reject His grace of salvation. God's gift of salvation is there for those who accept it.
http://www.catholicdoors.com/faq/qu600.htm
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#445060 May 25, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know the difference between redemption and salvation. None of the protestants do. That was one of the first things I noticed upon coming to Topix. And spare us the secular dictionary definitions. They are not applicable when speaking of matters of God.(Maybe that's why you use them.) So calm down, Charlie, you know not of what you speak.
Regina:

I am about to go off-line here for tonight. And I don't know if you are looking about yesterday's responses. I just wanted you to know you were right me. And the "Who" I was talking about was the Spirit.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#445061 May 25, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You're misinformed I'm afraid. A succinct explanantion below;
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/resources/a...
Cathaholic apologetics again...

Cecco d'Ascoli, an Italian scientist, was burned at the stake in 1327 for having calculated the date of Jesus' birth using the stars. But there were more significant heresies than astrology. Movements to reform the Church, based on the teachings of John Wycliffe (England), Jan Hus (Bohemia) and Gerard Groot (Netherlands) were all condemned as heretical, though their popularity guaranteed their survival, and in time these teachings would trigger the Reformation. Heresy still covered everything from refusing to take oaths to refusal to pay church tithes. Any deviation from Church norms was enough to merit death: vegetarianism, the rejection of infant baptism, even holding the (previously orthodox) view that people should be given both bread and wine at Mass.

In 1482, under Pope Sixtus IV, 2000 heretics were burned in the tiny state of Andalusia alone. Pope Leo X condemned Martin Luther in 1520 for daring to say that burning heretics was against the will of God. Evidently he thought it presumptuous for an ordinary human being to claim to know God's will. Perhaps he was right, because Luther changed his mind in 1531 and started advocating the death penalty for heretics and blasphemers. He thought it should be a capital offence to deny the resurrection of the dead, or the reality of heaven and Hell.

Translating the bible into vernacular languages, or helping with the printing of such a bible was heresy according to the Roman Church. Generally, in Europe, women were buried alive for this offence. Men were burned alive. One printer in Paris was burned on a pyre of his own books. In the sixteenth century William Tyndale translated the bible into English. In danger of arrest and in fear for his life he fled the country. He was arrested in the Netherlands, and in 1536 was executed for heresy for agreeing with the Lutheran doctrine of justification by faith.

http://www.heretication.info/_heretics.html

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

#445062 May 25, 2013
OldJG wrote:
"Where is it stated in the Bible a priest is the sole interpreter of Scripture?"
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't, and we don't believe a Priest is.
Your bigoted ignorant mind can't comprehend that those verses you squabble about, were already interpreted once when the Apostles made clear to the first Christians what Jesus Christ taught. Read the writings of Clement and Ignatius.
You are a joke, there is no reflection of Christ in anyone of your posts. All you do is pretend like you're an authority on sacred scriptures and THAT is laughable.
Time to give up Clay on old guy, he'll never get it. lol

He forget to read, 2 Pet 1:20-21 this is why they all have different interpretations and confusion among them. Right?

Like the song says..
"We are One Body, One Body in Christ."
<><
truth

Perth, Australia

#445063 May 25, 2013
peter peter peter
i am your mother you don't have anotherrrrrrrrrrrrrr
turn your eyes toward me
turn your your ear toward meeeeeeeeeeeeeee
4000 years ago fundation of this earth

chalange will come
you will see who is liar who is realllllllllll
liar or real

keyyyyyyyyyyyyyy position rest with us as well within meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

jole mali
ako samo gresku napravis
gotov si
smjenit cu te

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#445064 May 25, 2013
who="Oxbow"

secular: Worldly rather than spiritual.
Until I find a Spiritual dictionary, I will stay with Strong's Lexicons...
apolutrosis,(the act) ransom in full, i.e.(figuratively) riddance, or (specially) Christian salvation:--deliverance, redemption.
Please explain the difference between redemption and salvation....

Redemption: The action of restoring something/someone to its original condition or owner.

Salvation: The action of saving or salvaging. It includes deliverance, victory, welfare, aid, prosperity, etc. The Hebrew word for salvation is Yeshua (Jesus in English).

KayMarie

#445065 May 25, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Typica, StarC. Quote scripture and you give bad judgies.
Strangely, you hardly ever if no ever see a catholic quote from Scripture.
They always come back with teachings from apostate early fathers who they claim have the truth even though that "truth" opposes what is in the Bible. Strange.
Christ is the rock. Bible tells me so.
•Deut. 32:3, "The Rock! His work is perfect, for all His ways are just; a God of faithfulness and without injustice."
•2 Sam. 22:2-3, "The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; 3 My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge."
•Psalm 18:31, "And who is a rock, except our God."
•Isaiah 44:8, "Is there any God besides Me, or is there any other Rock? I know of none."
•Rom. 9:33, "Behold, I lay in Zion a stone of stumbling and a rock of offense, and he who believes in Him will not be disappointed."
It should be obvious from the Word of God that the rock Jesus was referring to was not Peter, but himself.
Christ is Our Foundation!

Why would Jesus call Peter, rock in Mt 16:18?

Peter’s original name was Simon or Simeon, Christ promised to confer the primacy upon him and give him an Aramic surname,“Kephus,’ or Rock of which Petros is the Greek and Petrus the Latin translation.

FYI, Peter is the rock of the Church, not the Rock of our salvation.

“Mt 16:18 Jesus said “Upon this rock I will built my Church” And he did.

BTW... I don’t have time to be ‘judging.’
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#445066 May 25, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Regina:
I am about to go off-line here for tonight. And I don't know if you are looking about yesterday's responses. I just wanted you to know you were right me. And the "Who" I was talking about was the Spirit.
I didn't mean to blow your cover, lol! But I think your friends knew already.

I'll have to go back and look up your answer re: Spirit.

Have a good evening. I'm sorry to hear you're having health problems and will keep you in my prayers.
truth

Perth, Australia

#445067 May 25, 2013
i have to go homeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ones implemented finishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
wicket can't have holy ticket
remember that
every spirit is not holy..

roy not will be destroy
troya
t royaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
troja

see
beneath sea level
place where i born
lookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

keyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

its our salvation
they want destroy heavenly earthly position

loookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

'if i need i will destroy you all'
ones implemented finish

#445068 May 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just how could the "followers" of christ convert anyone of Quetzalcoatl from 600-400 BCE?
Even the 1519 landing of Cortez has been heavily refuted as the mistaken identity of Quetzalcoatl as Franciscan propaganda, and some were insane enough to believe it was St. Thomas(whose book they call heresy) was there and converted Mayans.
The actual truth is, they didn't convert -- they died of plague diseases that the Europeans brought to their people.
LOL!
Quetzalcoatl was a mythology god, in Mexico.

"Toltec and Aztec god: in Toltec and Aztec mythology, a god and the legendary ruler of Mexico, represented as a feathered serpent."

The feathered serpent was crushed by Christianity. Thanks be to God!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#445069 May 25, 2013
they will destroy humanity

not at alllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lll

with this key
we going reopen lightttttttttttttt like never before
truth

Perth, Australia

#445070 May 25, 2013
why yew reject jesus

we say zid not yew

look
zidine bile zidine
doliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii i
lezi u dubiniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ii
from brothers to sisters
3/3
heavenly position

shut up you evil wicket people
wicket can't have holy tickettttttttttttt
Clay

Chicago, IL

#445071 May 25, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not see this in the Bible:"take note to those who hold heterodox opinions on the grace of Jesus Christ who has come to us. They refrain from the Eucharist and prayer because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of our Lord Jesus Christ. Flesh which suffered for our sins and the father in His goodness, raised up again. They who deny this gift are perishing in their disputes."
Right, looks like your hands are washed then. Carry on. Christ started a Bible only and not a Church. He gave everyone permission to dictate Christianity based on the misc writings of a few of His Apostles (the other Apostles were not important enough to write in this Bible)
It says right there in mt 16:18 "upon this rock I will build my Bible, and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it"
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#445072 May 25, 2013
http://www.ewtn.com/library/PAPALDOC/JP2JA18A...

From the blessed John Paul of memory

Peace
truth

Perth, Australia

#445073 May 25, 2013
its my rock which we call=bile stine=bili zid=my place where i born

now
'if i need i will remove you all'
ones implemented finish..
i am going home
vidi na tim brigovima stare crkve kako idju
vidi te stare puteljke
znam da citas
doli u dubini gdje su ta brda
sa nivo mora i starih jezera u kojima mozda nema vise vode.. kad se prije poljuljala stara fundacija zemlje..
troja=jorta see upsidedown words

pillars of foundation of world

heavenly position
ili ce europa biti unistena svi
ili japanezi i kinezi
pisem da znate gdje leze tajni planovi
za koje vi neznate a drugi podmuklo sute i iskoristavaju
truth

Perth, Australia

#445074 May 25, 2013
a nkh=life
dusa u cijoj zivot stoji
i pocetak svega
a nkh= life
nkh

now

i wrote to my people to understood me
truth

Perth, Australia

#445075 May 25, 2013
rome is not your home=on that hills is not my church

here
where i describe
what others stolen from usssssssssssssssss
now they going stolen much more
as well destroy
truth

Perth, Australia

#445076 May 25, 2013
my people don't need serve evil or devil
remember that
every spirit is not holy
as well
they know all secrets but hide from righteousness people
don't be mislead with others

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#445077 May 25, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know the difference between redemption and salvation. None of the protestants do. That was one of the first things I noticed upon coming to Topix. And spare us the secular dictionary definitions. They are not applicable when speaking of matters of God.(Maybe that's why you use them.) So calm down, Charlie, you know not of what you speak.
Well, Please do inform everyone of the difference in the two in your "godly" interpretation of the words, or spare us of your "holy" opinion on it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Buck Crick 733,209
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min feces for jesus 94,692
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 min Rider on the Storm 600,009
I'm SO GLAD the St. Louis Rams cut Michelle Sam... 12 min Doctor REALITY 1
Good bye Michael Sam 12 min yon 5
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 16 min Student 38,628
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 20 min Rosa_Winkel 441,192
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 32 min Johnny 2,454
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 40 min Dr_Zorderz 258,070
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Patrick 226,389
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••