Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,452)

Showing posts 429,021 - 429,040 of529,912
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
pen

Cameron, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="rosesz"
Exactly and there will still be humans to rule in the millennium.
Jesus and His 'government' will be in immortal bodies. Earth's citizens will be called to go up to Jerusalem to worship. Those who refuse (Egypt for one) will be punished.
KayMarie
NJ comes down after the millennium.(Rev 20)
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
What beliefs are we attacking...
Biblically you have none..
You have no foundation from the word of God for any of your conjecture, that you have added to the word of God...
You word to destroy the simplicity of God's word and replace it with a mountain of calisthenics..
The simplicity of receiving Christ is...
Act_16:31 And they said,===> Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved,<=== and thy house.
The Biblical instructions of Jesus for salvation is...
Mar_16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Joh_3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh_3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Joh_3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
Joh_5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
you do not teach the words of Jesus...
You have no authority to judge if our teachings are biblically based and the words of Jesus.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

Are you for sure liar and real is some person?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

in bigining is word
time
time=11 soccer
12=apostols
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

kockice leda ako vam je vruce stavite u pice
Are you thristy?
pen

Cameron, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
If according to theology Jehovah created evil ... he must really be upset at Christians trying to claim that he sent a son to earth to save only Catholics, and later only Catholics and Protestants.

There is nothing in the Bible about saving Roman Catholics. Just the opposite. The Roman Church we are told is the 'harlot' & 'false prophet' & 'antichrist'. Their roman empire is the 'beast' which the harlot rides.

Instead Jesus came to save all who accept & follow only him - 1st commandment "have no other gods".

Jesus had Christians before Rome ever founded their false Church. The Nazarenes were called Christian at Antioch, and they a=were not Latin or Roman and did not accept any Pontifex Maximus. The Nazarenes worshipped on the 7th day as the Bible says, God's Sabbath, not the Pope's Sun day.

The Bible correctly shows us these Christian Nazarenes would be persecuted by the harlot Roman Church for 1260 years, from 538 to 1798 when Napoleon arrested the Pope and ended the Papal States - the Holy Roman Empire.

Protestants and Catholics are not both saved. God has only one church / people.

Also see the film: Israel of the Alps.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

CORPUS CHRISTI
pray for us
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

plus+

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

“So many Gods, so many creeds,
So many paths that wind and wind.
When just the art of being kind
Is all this old world needs.”

Victor Segno
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
What beliefs are we attacking...
Biblically you have none..
You have no foundation from the word of God for any of your conjecture, that you have added to the word of God...
You word to destroy the simplicity of God's word and replace it with a mountain of calisthenics..
The simplicity of receiving Christ is...
Act_16:31 And they said,===> Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved,<=== and thy house.
The Biblical instructions of Jesus for salvation is...
Mar_16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Joh_3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh_3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Joh_3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
Joh_5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
you do not teach the words of Jesus...
Its only conjecture on my part. But I tend to believe thst StcPeter woukd not even accept a crown and scepter.

Thats not to putcdown all the good works and misdions of the RCC.

We all are His children

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again with your filthy, disgusting fantasies. Now you're into animals??!!
Uuuggghhhh! Take your filth elsewhere, you're sick!!
no sicker than the garbage spewed out by all you Catholics on here,just because people do not believe in your phony church.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

pen wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing in the Bible about saving Roman Catholics. Just the opposite. The Roman Church we are told is the 'harlot' & 'false prophet' & 'antichrist'. Their roman empire is the 'beast' which the harlot rides.
Instead Jesus came to save all who accept & follow only him - 1st commandment "have no other gods".
Jesus had Christians before Rome ever founded their false Church. The Nazarenes were called Christian at Antioch, and they a=were not Latin or Roman and did not accept any Pontifex Maximus. The Nazarenes worshipped on the 7th day as the Bible says, God's Sabbath, not the Pope's Sun day.
The Bible correctly shows us these Christian Nazarenes would be persecuted by the harlot Roman Church for 1260 years, from 538 to 1798 when Napoleon arrested the Pope and ended the Papal States - the Holy Roman Empire.
Protestants and Catholics are not both saved. God has only one church / people.
Also see the film: Israel of the Alps.
We already have the few token SDA kooks on this board, maybe you should find another forum to haunt.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Those in Protestant churches hid the molestations as did the Catholics.
Ya can't put forth purity while at the same time admitting indecency.
if this were a protestant church site i'd be talking about them,but since it's not,i don't,this is about the catholic church and it's lies.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

pen wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously?
Jesus said you do not even know him if you keep not his commandments. Of course you wpould know this if you read what the apostles record for us in the books of the Bible. Jesus set the example by reading the OT books every Sabbath. Where do we find the ten commandments?
The Vatican thinks to change times and laws..
www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catech...
Christians follow Jesus' and the apostles who we know by what they wrote in the Bible, without which you do not even know them. Instead you follow doctrines of men.
Mt 15:9 "But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."
Why do most evangelical and fundamentalist communities consider the SDA cult non-Christian?
Human Being

Kinder, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
For all your smooth blather, you totally avoid the subject of why you invest your emotions in an image of a god that according to scripture created evil, and keeps hell open and active for those who offend him.
You will not touch on that subject except to insist that I don't understand heaven and hell!!!
I conclude that for you to keep feeding the monster with your worship, you have to agree with the monster-god of your imagination that offenders DO deserve such extreme punishment.
I couldn't agree less with your conclusion.
June VanDerMark:

Do I get side-tracked, and digress? Sometimes it is better to avoid a direct answer for the sake of the recipient.

Some people have heaven/hell in their thoughts, and it is an either/or situation.

But as short and direct as I can write...,

I tend to look at heaven/hell as a process more than a destination. It is because of free will that both exist. God allows both heaven and hell not for His Pleasure, but for ours.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

who="Anthony MN"
I'd ask that we stick to the subject at hand. I've been trying to find evidence of any groups between the time St. John penned Revelation and the protestant reformation that held today;s protestant evangelical beliefs. Many of the protestant posters here insist that the early Church was sola scriptura/sola fide, yet none have ever been able to point to any writing, any evidence, any secular proofs to support this theory....absolutely nothing. Can you help?

Anthony...when you show us the Temple in Jerusalem with a Catholic title over the door, we will get serious about this.
N.T. writers spoke of the Church of the Lord Jesus Christ, or the Church of God. Otherwise they called them by location: THE Church at Ephesus, or Pergamus, or Rome, etc.

Jesus used sola scripture when answering to Satan's temptation. He said, "It is WRITTEN". He could have truthfully called Satan a liar, or a destroyer, or a tempter, but He knew the POWER of God's Word...and used it. It still works.

KayMarie
Human Being

Kinder, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems from your own perspective you forgot that hell exists for unrepentant sinners.
Those unrepentant sinners include babies and older children of Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Atheists, Agnostics, etc.
Aren't you proud of your religion?... sarcasm intended!
June VanDerMark:

I never declared the existence of hell, and it is for unrepentant sinners, babies, religious, irreligious people.

Some might call themselves Christians, and to the best of their understanding, they try to live up to its virtues. But I would not condemn them if, they did not know everything, or live up to its ideals.

I am to big a sinner myself, to go looking for problems in other people. But I certainly can sympathize and empathize with them.

Perhaps my smooth talk is because I have had the rough edges chipped away with a couple of big blows to my ego, and having suffered much because of it.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

pen wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously?
Jesus said you do not even know him if you keep not his commandments. Of course you wpould know this if you read what the apostles record for us in the books of the Bible. Jesus set the example by reading the OT books every Sabbath. Where do we find the ten commandments?
The Vatican thinks to change times and laws..
www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catech...
Christians follow Jesus' and the apostles who we know by what they wrote in the Bible, without which you do not even know them. Instead you follow doctrines of men.
Mt 15:9 "But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."
You zinged me with Mt 15:9. That hurt, but I think this verse more applies to the 45,000 protestant sects that appeared in the last few hundred yrs.

What are you basing your religion on? The Bible and only the Bible.
Where did this teaching of 'Bible alone' come from?
It didn't come from Jesus Christ, it came from Martin Luther - who was a crazed former Priest who ran off and married a nun. After people like you read the Bible, they ran off in a rabid frenzy thinking they could figure out their own Christianity by privately interpreting sacred scripture. The result is a doctrinal mess with one sect teaching Our Lords Ministry completely opposite than the sect across the street.
Sola Scripture is not Biblical. Its an invention of men.

Now re-read Matthew 15:9 and look in the mirror.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

Religion A Delusion wrote:
Over this long weekend, please remember America's fallen heroes.
Be thankful that as Americans, we can join together in causes other than religion.
I hope Christians here can love one another and get along for a few days. Maybe a whole long weekend with no name calling!
Now that would be a miracle.
Religion A Delusion:

Christians loving other Christians. Its a good place to start.

Yesterday, I heard of a young retired army veteran who died, and belongs to our VFW Post. He will be remembered.

Miracles happen all the time, most of them are not seen.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do most evangelical and fundamentalist communities consider the SDA cult non-Christian?
Heck, these new born again evangelicals don't consider Lutheran or Methodist Christian anymore! nuts..

How did you do at Vermillion? My plans fell through at Pine City. I did well on the Mississippi yesterday but I ain't eating them!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 429,021 - 429,040 of529,912
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

511 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 17 min WasteWater 3,871
private money lender in glasgow/south lanarkshi... (Feb '13) 19 min Abdurratln 65
Just type in the name of the celebrity, and you... 20 min andet1987 8
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 21 min Lab28 223,141
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 21 min Aura Mytha 716,362
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 21 min Strength and Honor 171,441
How long does a Topix ban last? 24 min Abdurratln 12
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 29 min WasteWater 255,668
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 6 hr Liz 61
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••