Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596039 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

pen

Cameron, MO

#444908 May 25, 2013
If God had killed Satan what would all the other angels, and later man, have done? We all have free will to choose. Suffering is a result of this sin, not God's will. This continues we are told until the end when God will end it all. That time soon comes.
pen

Cameron, MO

#444909 May 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
If according to theology Jehovah created evil ... he must really be upset at Christians trying to claim that he sent a son to earth to save only Catholics, and later only Catholics and Protestants.
If I was a god that created evil, I probably would burn all the Christians for eternity for creating such a lie in my name ... especially as I had already made it plain that the Jews were my chosen few, and that I am the god-father of ONLY the Jews.

The Jews didnt even exist in the beginning. They were founded later after the flood from the twelve sons of Jacob. Their time was only to last until the Messiah as the prophets told us all.

Who is Israel?
www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/book/e/49/...

Did God create the Devil?
www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/study-guid...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#444910 May 25, 2013
who="rosesz"
Exactly and there will still be humans to rule in the millennium.

Jesus and His 'government' will be in immortal bodies. Earth's citizens will be called to go up to Jerusalem to worship. Those who refuse (Egypt for one) will be punished.

KayMarie
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#444911 May 25, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up the Reformation. Personally I believe this came from God so they would stop persecutions...to make way for bibles..to stop selling indulgences. GOD wanted all people to have the WORD. Not only be dependent on priests imo. HE died to rent the fabric of the temple that separated us from His father. The church had become an arm of the state. With popes like the Borgias.
Imo. The RCC of today resistance Vatican 2 and John Paul calling for Christian Unity is what came from the Reformation
.also our country founded on freedom to Worship.
I'd ask that we stick to the subject at hand. I've been trying to find evidence of any groups between the time St. John penned Revelation and the protestant reformation that held today;s protestant evangelical beliefs. Many of the protestant posters here insist that the early Church was sola scriptura/sola fide, yet none have ever been able to point to any writing, any evidence, any secular proofs to support this theory....absolutely nothing. Can you help?
pen

Cameron, MO

#444912 May 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
Biblically, you've been proven wrong in every area imaginable. I don't know why you throw around verse verse and more verses like there bullets. Your Biblical ignorance is second to none. You really really need to comprehend what the Bible is; how it was given; and when it came to be.
Do you really believe it should be isolated as thousands of separate verses to be thrown at people? What are you going to say to Christ when He tells you, "Where did I command the Apostles to establish a Bible as the authority on my Ministry"?
He started a Church; a visible hierarchy that would stand the test of every tyrant the Devil can throw at them. Hello McFly? 266 Bishops later....Pope Francis.

Seriously?
Jesus said you do not even know him if you keep not his commandments. Of course you wpould know this if you read what the apostles record for us in the books of the Bible. Jesus set the example by reading the OT books every Sabbath. Where do we find the ten commandments?

The Vatican thinks to change times and laws..
www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catech...

Christians follow Jesus' and the apostles who we know by what they wrote in the Bible, without which you do not even know them. Instead you follow doctrines of men.

Mt 15:9 "But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."
pen

Cameron, MO

#444913 May 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="rosesz"
Exactly and there will still be humans to rule in the millennium.
Jesus and His 'government' will be in immortal bodies. Earth's citizens will be called to go up to Jerusalem to worship. Those who refuse (Egypt for one) will be punished.
KayMarie
NJ comes down after the millennium.(Rev 20)
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#444914 May 25, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
What beliefs are we attacking...
Biblically you have none..
You have no foundation from the word of God for any of your conjecture, that you have added to the word of God...
You word to destroy the simplicity of God's word and replace it with a mountain of calisthenics..
The simplicity of receiving Christ is...
Act_16:31 And they said,===> Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved,<=== and thy house.
The Biblical instructions of Jesus for salvation is...
Mar_16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Joh_3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh_3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Joh_3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
Joh_5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
you do not teach the words of Jesus...
You have no authority to judge if our teachings are biblically based and the words of Jesus.
truth

Perth, Australia

#444915 May 25, 2013
Are you for sure liar and real is some person?
truth

Perth, Australia

#444916 May 25, 2013
in bigining is word
time
time=11 soccer
12=apostols
truth

Perth, Australia

#444917 May 25, 2013
kockice leda ako vam je vruce stavite u pice
Are you thristy?
pen

Cameron, MO

#444918 May 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
If according to theology Jehovah created evil ... he must really be upset at Christians trying to claim that he sent a son to earth to save only Catholics, and later only Catholics and Protestants.

There is nothing in the Bible about saving Roman Catholics. Just the opposite. The Roman Church we are told is the 'harlot' & 'false prophet' & 'antichrist'. Their roman empire is the 'beast' which the harlot rides.

Instead Jesus came to save all who accept & follow only him - 1st commandment "have no other gods".

Jesus had Christians before Rome ever founded their false Church. The Nazarenes were called Christian at Antioch, and they a=were not Latin or Roman and did not accept any Pontifex Maximus. The Nazarenes worshipped on the 7th day as the Bible says, God's Sabbath, not the Pope's Sun day.

The Bible correctly shows us these Christian Nazarenes would be persecuted by the harlot Roman Church for 1260 years, from 538 to 1798 when Napoleon arrested the Pope and ended the Papal States - the Holy Roman Empire.

Protestants and Catholics are not both saved. God has only one church / people.

Also see the film: Israel of the Alps.
truth

Perth, Australia

#444919 May 25, 2013
CORPUS CHRISTI
pray for us
truth

Perth, Australia

#444920 May 25, 2013
plus+

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#444921 May 25, 2013
“So many Gods, so many creeds,
So many paths that wind and wind.
When just the art of being kind
Is all this old world needs.”

Victor Segno
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#444922 May 25, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
What beliefs are we attacking...
Biblically you have none..
You have no foundation from the word of God for any of your conjecture, that you have added to the word of God...
You word to destroy the simplicity of God's word and replace it with a mountain of calisthenics..
The simplicity of receiving Christ is...
Act_16:31 And they said,===> Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved,<=== and thy house.
The Biblical instructions of Jesus for salvation is...
Mar_16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Joh_3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh_3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Joh_3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
Joh_5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
you do not teach the words of Jesus...
Its only conjecture on my part. But I tend to believe thst StcPeter woukd not even accept a crown and scepter.

Thats not to putcdown all the good works and misdions of the RCC.

We all are His children

Since: Nov 08

usa

#444923 May 25, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again with your filthy, disgusting fantasies. Now you're into animals??!!
Uuuggghhhh! Take your filth elsewhere, you're sick!!
no sicker than the garbage spewed out by all you Catholics on here,just because people do not believe in your phony church.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#444924 May 25, 2013
pen wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing in the Bible about saving Roman Catholics. Just the opposite. The Roman Church we are told is the 'harlot' & 'false prophet' & 'antichrist'. Their roman empire is the 'beast' which the harlot rides.
Instead Jesus came to save all who accept & follow only him - 1st commandment "have no other gods".
Jesus had Christians before Rome ever founded their false Church. The Nazarenes were called Christian at Antioch, and they a=were not Latin or Roman and did not accept any Pontifex Maximus. The Nazarenes worshipped on the 7th day as the Bible says, God's Sabbath, not the Pope's Sun day.
The Bible correctly shows us these Christian Nazarenes would be persecuted by the harlot Roman Church for 1260 years, from 538 to 1798 when Napoleon arrested the Pope and ended the Papal States - the Holy Roman Empire.
Protestants and Catholics are not both saved. God has only one church / people.
Also see the film: Israel of the Alps.
We already have the few token SDA kooks on this board, maybe you should find another forum to haunt.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#444925 May 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Those in Protestant churches hid the molestations as did the Catholics.
Ya can't put forth purity while at the same time admitting indecency.
if this were a protestant church site i'd be talking about them,but since it's not,i don't,this is about the catholic church and it's lies.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#444926 May 25, 2013
pen wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously?
Jesus said you do not even know him if you keep not his commandments. Of course you wpould know this if you read what the apostles record for us in the books of the Bible. Jesus set the example by reading the OT books every Sabbath. Where do we find the ten commandments?
The Vatican thinks to change times and laws..
www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catech...
Christians follow Jesus' and the apostles who we know by what they wrote in the Bible, without which you do not even know them. Instead you follow doctrines of men.
Mt 15:9 "But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."
Why do most evangelical and fundamentalist communities consider the SDA cult non-Christian?
Human Being

Church Point, LA

#444927 May 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
For all your smooth blather, you totally avoid the subject of why you invest your emotions in an image of a god that according to scripture created evil, and keeps hell open and active for those who offend him.
You will not touch on that subject except to insist that I don't understand heaven and hell!!!
I conclude that for you to keep feeding the monster with your worship, you have to agree with the monster-god of your imagination that offenders DO deserve such extreme punishment.
I couldn't agree less with your conclusion.
June VanDerMark:

Do I get side-tracked, and digress? Sometimes it is better to avoid a direct answer for the sake of the recipient.

Some people have heaven/hell in their thoughts, and it is an either/or situation.

But as short and direct as I can write...,

I tend to look at heaven/hell as a process more than a destination. It is because of free will that both exist. God allows both heaven and hell not for His Pleasure, but for ours.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Joyful8118 854,288
Hitting A Woman? 20 min Burke Devlin 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 29 min AntiqueAnnie 612,603
technogiants giveaway 35 min Jady 1
"Hey!!!! Do you think I have an ODD-SHAPED HEAD... 49 min Rosa_Winkel 21
Sex with demon possessed doll 53 min Electric Kool-Aid 44
is god black or white? and why? (Oct '08) 1 hr UnderstandPeople 444
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr ChristineM 444,197
The Christian Atheist debate 2 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 847
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr DebraE 100,733