Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,421
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#444724 May 24, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Regina"
Kay, you are not my teacher. I find your first three sentences very condescending. Please stop it.
You downplay "church" because your "church" was not founded by Jesus Christ. When a Catholic refers to the Church, it has a much deeper, richer meaning. It is spiritual, it is visible, it is God's, it belongs to Him. No words I could say here would come close to conveying it's true meaning which we, as Catholics, know in our hearts, minds, and souls.
There are thousands of examples of what God has given us through His Church. I'll start with this one: The Liturgy of the Hours/The Divine Office.
You can have your worldly 'church'. I will be happy with Jesus.
KayMarie
That "wordly" church is Jesus' bride. Yes, I am glad to be a part of her. You, however, appear to be too proud to "lower" yourself to that which God established and to obey Him....."He who hears you, hears me." Lk 10:16

You, Kay, hear only yourself. Pride.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#444725 May 24, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
God loves everyone. He does not love their sins. He wishes no one to perish. If by their choice they do, it does not mean that He did not love them. You do not understand the basic precepts of Christian teaching. June is right about you....you're all about God only loving those who believe as you do. Greedy.
Isn't that what john 3:16 says and what I posted Regina you really are losing it
John 3:16
King James Version (KJV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#444726 May 24, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Will someone get out the toilet paper, Regina is throwing her crap all over the place again.
Ah, here comes the "Christian", LTM.

What does God think of this comment of yours, dear?

lol......

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#444727 May 24, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
Never passed 'rithmatic did ya? There's a billion+ more Catholics than pentecostals...

And THAT is why the CC has so many more offenders???

KM
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#444728 May 24, 2013
who="Regina"
Kay, you are not my teacher. I find your first three sentences very condescending. Please stop it.
You downplay "church" because your "church" was not founded by Jesus Christ. When a Catholic refers to the Church, it has a much deeper, richer meaning. It is spiritual, it is visible, it is God's, it belongs to Him. No words I could say here would come close to conveying it's true meaning which we, as Catholics, know in our hearts, minds, and souls.
There are thousands of examples of what God has given us through His Church. I'll start with this one: The Liturgy of the Hours/The Divine Office.
You can have your worldly 'church'. I will be happy with Jesus.
KayMarie
Another example of what God has given us through His church, and the first and foremost gift: The Real Presence of Jesus Christ, whole and entire, body, blood, soul, and divinity.

#444729 May 24, 2013
who="Regina"
That "wordly" church is Jesus' bride. Yes, I am glad to be a part of her. You, however, appear to be too proud to "lower" yourself to that which God established and to obey Him....."He who hears you, hears me." Lk 10:16
You, Kay, hear only yourself. Pride.

Jesus' church/bride is not worldly. She is pure, without spot or wrinkle. I hear God's Word...that is hearing Him.

KayMarie

#444730 May 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe that Jesus the Jew is leading you around the Christian church???
I believe if he existed, you would find him in a synagogue.
It seems you are trying to keep track of a savior in hopes of finding him.
:)
~~~~

A person can find and receive Jesus any where..

A thief found Him on a Cross...

A Prostitute found Him on a street

A Tax collector found Him while shinnying down a tree..

A blind man found Him on the Jericho road...

A man that was a paralytic for thirty eight years found Him at the pool of Salim

A beggar found Him at a temple gate Called Beautiful

A persecutor named Saul found Him on the road to Damascus..

A jailor found Him after an earth quake in a Jail..

Jesus said

Mat_18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Have you found him?
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#444731 May 24, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and Yes. no
You just told June that she will burn in hell while you, precious you, will be saved.

LTM has declared herself god and has pronounced judgment.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#444732 May 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that the original Christian claim was that people who did not believe in Jesus as their savior would burn in hell.
You are trying to change the basis of Christianity to suit your own desires.
Sorry to butt in on your converation. Posted on here about 3 years ago.

Anyway first ..I believe God wants our worship. Jesus gave His life that we can be saved. But I have this feelinh that the Reformation needed to happen . That bible study was needed.not just the words from the priests. I think this was a,God thing. He saw what was happening in His Church.(Selling indulgence..persecution etc)'

He wanted another way to get His message across. Imo. Today Catholics have bible study. John Paul called for unity in denominations. He also sought to make apologies to the Jews.
we are adopted children of Abraham
God said He would bless those who blessed His Chosen.
With the Reformation came the quest for Religious freedom without which this country would not exist as she is. And Israel would not have an ally.
All through history only God can look ahead.

As for the differences in RCC and Protestant. IMO I THINK God may be smiling at some of it.. and angry with all the dissension IMO.

IN the end it comes down not to rituals and churches. It comes to our relationship with our Saviuor. That is what He will look at our hearts.
IMO

and will end with this link from another forum.
Kind of shook me up actually .maybe you gave seen it. Its about Pipe Francis message.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/22/pope...

Peace and God bless you
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#444733 May 24, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
Never passed 'rithmatic did ya? There's a billion+ more Catholics than pentecostals...
And THAT is why the CC has so many more offenders???
KM
It's simple.

All are sinners. There are a lot more Catholics than pentecostals. As a percentage though, the pentecostals are more likely to sexually abuse.

Simple biblical truth. Simple arithmetic. Simple statistics.

Maybe you two should read something other than the bible once in awhile.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#444734 May 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The Inquisitions are not in the bible. You must've gotten your information somewhere else. Where?
History :
"What were the Inquisitions?"
Answer: The Inquisitions were judicial institutions or tribunals that were established by the Roman Catholic Church in order to seek out, try, and sentence people that the Roman Catholic Church believed to be guilty of heresy. The purpose of the inquisitions was to secure and maintain religious and doctrinal unity in the Roman Catholic Church and throughout the Holy Roman Empire, through either the conversion or persecution of alleged heretics. Historians generally distinguish the Inquisitions based on four different time frames and areas that they took place in. These are the Medieval or Episcopal Inquisition, the Spanish Inquisition, the Portuguese Inquisition, and the Roman Inquisition.
Prior to the founding of the Roman Catholic Church and the establishment of their version of Christianity as the official state religion of the Roman Empire in the 4th century, the punishment for heresy among Christians was usually excommunication from the church. However, with the marriage of church and state that arose in the 4th century, people that the Roman Catholic Church considered to be heretics also came to be considered as enemies of the state and were subject to many forms of extreme punishment, including death. It wasn’t until the 12th century that official Inquisitions were organized and sanctioned by the Roman Catholic Church to officially deal with what they saw as a rise in organized heretical groups within the Holy Roman Empire.
The first of the Inquisitions is known as the Medieval or Episcopal Inquisition and refers to the various tribunals that started around 1184. It includes the Episcopal Inquisition (1184-1230) and the Papal Inquisition (1230), which arose in response to large popular movements in Europe that were considered to be heretical by the Roman Catholic Church.
cont
youtube

AOL

#444735 May 24, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#444736 May 24, 2013
cont
It was during this time (1231) that Pope Gregory IX shifted the power to punish heretics away from the local bishops and put the inquisitors under the special jurisdiction and authority of the papacy. He also established severe penalties for those found guilty of committing heresy, and his decree set forth new guidelines for investigating and punishing heresy in the Holy Roman Empire. Generally, when an Inquisition was set up to investigate heresy in a particular area of the Holy Roman Empire, the Pope would appoint two inquisitors, each of which had equal authority in the Inquisition or tribunal. Because these inquisitors had the power to investigate and excommunicate even princes, they wielded enormous power and influence in the Holy Roman Empire.
While some of the inquisitors had reputations as being men of justice and mercy, others were known to subject people to cruel and unusual punishment, including many different kinds of torture, which is what the Inquisitions are generally remembered for. Because they could imprison suspects that they thought were lying, some inquisitors used torture as an attempt to get them to admit what the inquisitor wanted to hear. In 1252 Pope Innocent IV officially sanctioned torture as a way of extracting the “truth” from suspects. Prior to that time, this type of extreme punishment was foreign to church tradition and practice. During the Spanish Inquisition alone, as many as 2,000 people were burned at the stake within one decade after the Inquisition began.
The next major Inquisition period is known as the Spanish Inquisition. It was set up by King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella of Spain in 1478 with the approval of Pope Sixtus IV. Unlike the previous Inquisition, it was completely under royal authority and was staffed by secular clergy. It mainly focused on Jews who had professed to be converts to Roman Catholicism but who were suspected of having continued to practice Judaism. Later on, with the spread of Protestantism into Spain, the Inquisition would also begin to persecute Protestants who broke away from the Roman Catholic Church. However, after the decline in religious disputes in the 17th century, the Spanish Inquisition essentially became more like a secret police that would investigate and retaliate against internal threats to the Spanish authorities. The Spanish Inquisition is probably the most infamous for its torture and the number of people executed as a result of it. One historian estimated that over the course of its history the Spanish Inquisition tried a total of 341,021 people, of whom at least 10 percent (31,912) were executed.
cont
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#444737 May 24, 2013
cont
Another important period is known as the Portuguese Inquisition and was established in Portugal in 1536 by the king of Portugal, João III, and operated much like the more famous Spanish Inquisition. Later, in 1560, in India and other parts of the Portuguese Empire in Asia, the Goa Inquisition was set up in the Indian city of Goa to deal with converts from Hinduism who were suspected of continuing to practice or hold to some Hindu beliefs.
The last period is known as the Roman Inquisition, and it was established in 1542 when Pope Paul III established the Holy Office as the final court of appeals in all trials of heresy. This group was made up of cardinals and other officials whose task was to maintain and defend the doctrines of the Roman Catholic Church. This group played an important role in the Counter-Reformation, and it was also this body that condemned Galileo for “grave suspicion of heresy” and banned all of his works in 1633 for teaching that the sun was the center of the universe and that the earth revolved around it. In 1965, Pope Paul VI reorganized the Holy Office and renamed it as the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, and it remains in effect todayThe next major Inquisition period is known as the Spanish Inquisition. It was set up by King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella of Spain in 1478 with the approval of Pope Sixtus IV. Unlike the previous Inquisition, it was completely under royal authority and was staffed by secular clergy. It mainly focused on Jews who had professed to be converts to Roman Catholicism but who were suspected of having continued to practice Judaism. Later on, with the spread of Protestantism into Spain, the Inquisition would also begin to persecute Protestants who broke away from the Roman Catholic Church. However, after the decline in religious disputes in the 17th century, the Spanish Inquisition essentially became more like a secret police that would investigate and retaliate against internal threats to the Spanish authorities. The Spanish Inquisition is probably the most infamous for its torture and the number of people executed as a result of it. One historian estimated that over the course of its history the Spanish Inquisition tried a total of 341,021 people, of whom at least 10 percent (31,912) were executed.
Another important period is known as the Portuguese Inquisition and was established in Portugal in 1536 by the king of Portugal, João III, and operated much like the more famous Spanish Inquisition. Later, in 1560, in India and other parts of the Portuguese Empire in Asia, the Goa Inquisition was set up in the Indian city of Goa to deal with converts from Hinduism who were suspected of continuing to practice or hold to some Hindu beliefs.
The last period is known as the Roman Inquisition, and it was established in 1542 when Pope Paul III established the Holy Office as the final court of appeals in all trials of heresy. This group was made up of cardinals and other officials whose task was to maintain and defend the doctrines of the Roman Catholic Church. This group played an important role in the Counter-Reformation, and it was also this body that condemned Galileo for “grave suspicion of heresy” and banned all of his works in 1633 for teaching that the sun was the center of the universe and that the earth revolved around it. In 1965, Pope Paul VI reorganized the Holy Office and renamed it as the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, and it remains in effect today.
www.gotquestions.org/inquisitions.html

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#444738 May 24, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~
A person can find and receive Jesus any where..
You wouldn't find a Jew frequenting a Christian church, and certainly not leading you into a Christian church.

Wish as you might ... it just wouldn't happen.

Terrace, Canada

#444739 May 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It's simple.
All are sinners. There are a lot more Catholics than pentecostals. As a percentage though, the pentecostals are more likely to sexually abuse.
Simple biblical truth. Simple arithmetic. Simple statistics.
Maybe you two should read something other than the bible once in awhile.
Your habits are to point fingers the neighbors ... and to not account for anything in your own back yards.

Terrace, Canada

#444740 May 24, 2013
who="Regina"
Jesus' church/bride is not worldly. She is pure, without spot or wrinkle.

#444741 May 24, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
You just told June that she will burn in hell while you, precious you, will be saved.
LTM has declared herself god and has pronounced judgment.
~~~

Since you have declared ....PRONOUNCED ...THAT... LTM IS GOD!

Are you going to worship her as you do... Mary the Mother of Jesus...

WILL YOU MAKE A STATUE, AN ICON. AND IMAGE, AND IDOL OF WHAT YOU
THINK SHE LOOKS LIKE AND SET IT IN YOUR MAUSOLEUM AND BOW DOWN BEFORE IT...

LOL

Terrace, Canada

#444742 May 24, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Another example of what God has given us through His church, and the first and foremost gift: The Real Presence of Jesus Christ, whole and entire, body, blood, soul, and divinity.
You are a Christian grasping and lusting after a Jew.

You no-doubt don't want sex with him, but your lust for salvation is still lust and nothing BUT lust.

Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#444743 May 24, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Since you have declared ....PRONOUNCED ...THAT... LTM IS GOD!
Are you going to worship her as you do... Mary the Mother of Jesus...
WILL YOU MAKE A STATUE, AN ICON. AND IMAGE, AND IDOL OF WHAT YOU
THINK SHE LOOKS LIKE AND SET IT IN YOUR MAUSOLEUM AND BOW DOWN BEFORE IT...
LOL
She pronounced herself as God by sending June to hell and herself to heaven.

Get new reading glasses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 min RiccardoFire 96,089
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min Remnant of 144000 602,141
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min UidiotRaceMakeWor... 750,253
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min Tell It Too Me 261,616
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 12 min WasteWater 4,764
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 20 min USN Atheist 5,444
GUARANTEED WEALTH REVIEW : guaranteedwealth.co ... 22 min dess71 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 46 min Dave Nelson 229,906
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 5 hr girls united states 125

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE