Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,144
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#444569 May 24, 2013
who="Regina"
I know!!!
That Jethro is such a hateful, spiteful person!
I feel sorry for him.

If you felt sorry for him, you would speak kindly to him in the hope that he would learn from your example.

KayMarie

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#444570 May 24, 2013
Hitchens

Terrace, Canada

#444571 May 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
LTM, where can we find the evidence of early Christians oppressed by the Catholic Church?
From day one ... Christians oppressed each other.

Three popes trying to rule at the same time does not equate to harmony.

#444572 May 24, 2013
who="June VanDerMark"
They teach that Jesus the Jew never had love for humans unless they called their selves Christian.
That means that Jesus had no love for his own Jewish father that supposedly sent him.
The Jewish god must have been converted to Christianity when Jesus wasn't "looking."
How people can believe such stupidity shows how much power over their thinking holds that word "salvation."

READ ! Jesus said, "Salvation is OF THE JEWS." God established the Jews. When Jesus returns, He will sit on the throne of David in the Jewish capital of Jerusalem. He has not cast aside His people. The 'Christ' is the promised JEWISH Messiah. Christianity (salvation) is OF THE JEWS. Jesus said so.

KayMarie

Terrace, Canada

#444573 May 24, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
You are supposed to love him, not call him names, correct?
I suppose it would be a no-brainer if we BOTH knew that God existed.
I mean if we all knew and the rules were clear, who would be crazy enough to break them?
Only a crazy person.
They get it in their minds that they were called to be the servant of gods ... and when that occurs, as history proved, it's not safe to be in their paths of what they perceive is "righteousness."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book,“History of Christianity,” by Clyde L. Manschreck … comes the following.

Luther believed that the sword of government had been given by God to the princes, and the peasants, even though treated unjustly, were not justified in taking the sword into their own hands. In his eyes they had become robbers and murderers, faithless and perjured. In his infamous essay, in May, 1525, Against the Robbing and Murdering Hordes of Peasants, Luther called on the nobles to use any means available to suppress the rebels.“Smite, slay, and stab, secretly and openly … as if among mad dogs,” he urged,“lest the whole land be ruined.” The peasants deserved death, Luther argued, because they had broken their oath of fealty, resorted to rioting and plundering, and masked their terrible sins with the name of the Gospel.

Terrace, Canada

#444574 May 24, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Regina"
I know!!!
That Jethro is such a hateful, spiteful person!
I feel sorry for him.
If you felt sorry for him, you would speak kindly to him in the hope that he would learn from your example.
KayMarie
Hahahahahahahaha

As you tell me that I will burn in hell ... while YOU ... PRECIOUS YOU ... will be saved.

You are totally self-absorbed.

Terrace, Canada

#444575 May 24, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
READ ! Jesus said, "Salvation is OF THE JEWS.
Then why are you NOT preaching Judaism rather than Christianity?

Terrace, Canada

#444576 May 24, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL you are desperate aren't you.
I'm not desperate to be saved. That is you.

I simply hope for the best for all, no matter what their beliefs.

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
I believe that lusting for eternal bliss is a dead end that results in nothing but greed.

#444577 May 24, 2013
who="Regina"
God loves everyone. He does not love their sins. He wishes no one to perish. If by their choice they do, it does not mean that He did not love them. You do not understand the basic precepts of Christian teaching. June is right about you....you're all about God only loving those who believe as you do. Greedy.

Pretty good, down to the last line. "The only true church" is the CC line, not ours. We don't say that one cannot be saved outside of Protestantism.

And as for loving everyone...why the cussing and name-calling against those who disagree with CC's?

And let me also caution the Protestants about the same actions. We are to follow Jesus' example.

No one will ever be converted to Christ unless they sense the love He has provided for them. You might convert them to YOUR church, but not to HIS.

KayMarie

Terrace, Canada

#444578 May 24, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus doesn't love everyone?
Hmmmm....Oh yeah - from what we can tell, he didn't love the Pharisees, but they are still included in "everyone".
The Catholics simply created that myth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Jewish Virtual Library

Pharisees, Sadducees, and Essenes
By Mitchell G. Bard

The Pharisees

The most important of the three were the Pharisees because they are the spiritual fathers of modern Judaism.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/H ...
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#444579 May 24, 2013
"I am sure"
- you are?
- This would be you have some sort of support for this declaration.
Maybe you, Kay Marie, LTM and marge have something special that no one else does. After all - you all claim to know the mind of "God", whereas others don't.
But I am confused, because not one of you have ever supported these claims. So that makes me want to think you are just bullshiting others and trying to mislead.
I can understand the Catholics doing it, because they have been blinded, and/or blind-sided by men, with a specialized belief around a portion of Jesus, even though non-Catholic believers say that they have the same details, but in a different format.
Hmmmm.....who really is the HS guiding?
A: none that I can see
<quoted text>
You are? How so? Did "God" tell you this? Or more accurately you have only based this upon reading what other men wrote.
Honesty should be your first concern.
<quoted text>
That isn't support - that is belief and conjecture or even suppostion.
Where is the citation that supports your hypothesis?
<quoted text>
No they don't, they point to natural laws that exist throughout the universe. Not one of them have ever been proved to be created by a "God". This again would be a belief - not fact.
Please remember honesty in your posts with me, as I will continue to call you out, until you can provide it to me.
<quoted text>
It does?
Hmmm....my morality is based upon what I BELIEVE. No supposed "Law Maker" ever told me about morals. In fact, I learned most of them from my parents - not "God", which in turn taught those same morals to my children.....again not "God".
- In fact - none of my children had "God" direct them with your supposed morals.
- I guess this goes back to the question that another Topix refuses to answer:
"What is the difference between "Christian morals" and non-Christian "societal" morals?
<quoted text>
No they don't. Again, these are beliefs instilled by men for men.
Where is the citation that supports your hypothesis?
<quoted text>
WOW! Did you learn that in Catechism!?
In refutation:
"God" created everything, including all texts written about "Him" by men. Yet you refuse to believe Jesus taught outside the Bible.
You are not only not accepting "God's" inspiration of those individuals, you are blatantly calling "God" -'uninspiring'.
Don't be sad though - most of all of Christianity does this in error.
<quoted text>
No you can't.
Unless you can show me some support for your exclamations "of God".
So far all you have put out here are opinions and suppositions.
I wonder when you are going to start supplying the "absolute truths".
A: there are none.
Honesty through Self is all that is required.
You are all over the place, man. I get sea-sick trying to figure out where you are coming from.
It's your decision to not believe in anything more than your Self, but recognize that others have a firmer foundation upon which they build their beliefs.
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#444580 May 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All original Christians believed that those who were not Christian could not be saved.
What you and Billy Graham NOW believe is not original, and therefore it is NOT Christianity.
You have changed your original position.

Now you are talking about being Saved.

Originally you it was Love.

Catholics, the original Christians, have always taught that God loves everyone, that we are ALL God's children.

Terrace, Canada

#444581 May 24, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
In re-reading your post it occurred to me that Jesus was perfect and He tried to show it to the people.....and they didn't believe Him.
They Protest-ed against His truth. They said, "No, my interpretation of truth is this......"
Some things never change. History repeats itself.
Silly people!
Even if Jesus existed, he would have been a perfected JEW ... not a Christian in ANY sense of the word.

In your imagination you have morphed Jesus into a Christian rock star ... pun intended.

Terrace, Canada

#444582 May 24, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said I was perfect.
Of course you didn't! That would be arrogant ... RIGHT???

Yet you don't allow your self to see any arrogance in your belief that you will be saved and others will burn in hell, or at least be rejected by the same god that you are CERTAIN loves you.

I perceive that your belief is the ultimate in arrogance.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#444583 May 24, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm afraid you're right. And they're going there willingly. One of the saddest things about it is that they're embracing these heresies for no other reason than because they're contrary to Church teaching. They're cutting off their nose to spite their face. What a pity.
Those who deny the Incarnation cannot rightly be called Christian. We've been through this several times on this board. I really don't see much point in arguing with non-Christians about the hypostatic union.
That really is the saddest part about it. Even Martin Luther saw that his philosophy had opened Pandora's box, unfortunately, it was too late. It seems to me that he and the other "reformers" opened some kind of demonic portal.

Terrace, Canada

#444584 May 24, 2013
<quoted text>
A decent Christian writes... "Esteem others better than yourself."
What percentage of Christians do you feel follow the Bible in that regard - with respect to others not of their denomination?
NONE!!!

Terrace, Canada

#444585 May 24, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church was founded by Jesus Christ in the year 33 AD.
So 33 years AFTER his death Jesus founded the Catholic church?

Hahahahahahahaha

Terrace, Canada

#444586 May 24, 2013
This man was CALLED by the Jewish god to come to earth AGAIN ... this time in earnest to save everybody.

Why he came is a real mystery, because according to him ... there is no more sin ... so why is he here to save anybody???

It seems he hadn't thought about that contradiction of terms.

:)

Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#444587 May 24, 2013
<quoted text>
For starters, the biggest twist is the term "Son of God."
The Jews were and are passionate monotheists. The Jews never ever considered that the Messiah would be a god.
The Jews called many great leaders "Son of God." King David was called "Son of God," "always with God," etc. The Messiah is to be a warrior King like David.
The Greeks didn't understand the Jewish spiritual context of "Son of God," and the rest is history.
There are many, many examples of the CC twisting the old Jewish texts. Any learned Jew would be happy to point out the differences between actual Jewish teaching and your CC version.
That would conflict with your faith, but that's the reality.
I am not convinced the CC "twisted" the Jewish texts. If the Jews understood God and the Messiah to be different from the way that Catholics understand them, then that's because God hadn't revealed Himself to them as the Messiah yet, plus the fact that once He did, the Jews rejected Him. So their understanding of God remained as it were, while those who accepted Jesus as Messiah, Son of God, came into a much deeper understanding of God.
Their understanding of God does not conflict with my faith at all.

Terrace, Canada

#444588 May 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The Inquisitions are not in the bible.
Of course it is. Where else do you think got that valuable information??? Ridding the earth of evil people called for drastic measures by the god. The sword and the gun were out front of the bible in every case.

sarcasm intended

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Fetus Christ 738,819
what happened on 9/15 in briar gate subdivision 11 min Cisco Kid 2
Right to bear arms and mass shootings 17 min Cisco Kid 36
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 41 min RiccardoFire 95,450
Last Word + 2 42 min Kid_Tomorrow 696
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr andet1987 4,469
Word association game (Aug '08) 1 hr andet1987 53,302
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr MUQ1 259,231
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 173,646
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr mike 601,025