Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
428,581 - 428,600 of 532,991 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

Since: Sep 09

Kitimat, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="June VanDerMark" Devout believers, whether Jew, Christian or Muslim, all believe that the one god exists to love ONLY them and those who believe the same as they believe.
If selfishness is rewarded, their rewards should in deed be forthcoming.
REAL Christians do not teach/believe such tommyrot. John 3:16 For God so LOVED THE WORLD that He gave His only begotten Son,(so) that WHOSOEVER believes in Him shall be saved.
He does not turn anyone away, regardless of their color or their sin, if they wish to come to Him.
KayMarie
Christians should NOT be teaching that a faithful Jew would support Christianity and be unfaithful to Judaism.

THAT is tommyrot.

You lie each time you make such foolish statements. You know it ... yet you just keep on lying.

Such is your pride in what you preach.

Kitimat, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Even when I was under the spell of religion, I believed that the god loved all creation and none would be lost in the "end."

If I had believed that my group of worshippers were the only ones allowed to enjoy bliss in an afterlife ... I would not have had any respect whatsoever for the god ... much less have worshipped him/her/it.

The theology is totally obnoxious and so divisive and self-serving as to be BEYOND belief.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I would have said: According to the way you think.....wind does not exist...because no one has ever seen it!!!!! Same with electricity!!!!!
you picked two thing you do not have to see to know it exists,my pc runs of electricity there for i know it exists,WIND,i know it exists cause when i go out side i can feel it blowing my fishing hat off my head,happens everytime i want to go fishing,it gets to windy to go.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They demand that they and those who believe as they believe are the only ones that the one god will accept into his kingdom.
Their selfishness is totally out of control.
It's ironic that when they offer their religious beliefs to others they believe they are offering others LOVE ... when the draft they are laying on the table is the idea that they know the only narrow path to bliss in an afterlife.
They are totally arrogant ... but they don't see it ... and what's more ... they don't WANT to see it.
~~~

They are blind as well as your self...

You claim to have been exposed to the truth before you turned against God...

They have been raised up in their infidelity...

You will be more accountable...

Mar_14:21 The Son of man indeed goeth, as it is written of him: but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! good were it for that man if he had never been born.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
What was the question????
lol i forget.

Kitimat, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

To claim that a Jew would support Christianity as the one and only truth, is comparable to claiming that a Muslim would support Christianity as the one and only truth.

Picture that if you will ... and it will bring your own beliefs into perspective.

How silly was and is the idea that a Jewish god would send his son to earth to save only Christians???

If he sent his son to earth to do any correcting, it would be to correct wayward Jews in learning how to be faithful Jews ... PERIOD.

Christians would have to find their own god to worship ... rather than trying to manipulate the mind of the one god and his son to play such a Christian game of nonsense.

Religion is NOT good.
Religion A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They demand that they and those who believe as they believe are the only ones that the one god will accept into his kingdom.
Their selfishness is totally out of control.
It's ironic that when they offer their religious beliefs to others they believe they are offering others LOVE ... when the draft they are laying on the table is the idea that they know the only narrow path to bliss in an afterlife.
They are totally arrogant ... but they don't see it ... and what's more ... they don't WANT to see it.
The best thing for them is that their god is imaginary.

Otherwise, god could see inside their minds, see the hatred and send them to Hell.

I don't want them to be punished for being a product of their environment.

I'm sure the fact that Christians commit disproportionately more crime is due to their wacko upbringing. Otherwise, I think most people want to be good humans and not be hateful and vengeful.

But isn't this why God was boiled for our sins!
Religion A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
Mar_14:21 The Son of man indeed goeth, as it is written of him: but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! good were it for that man if he had never been born.
What is Hell like in your belief system?

Kitimat, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
If there just happens to be a god that cottons to you ... he would have to be of your same greedy nature in order to relate to you.

How much love do you believe will flow forth from the fountain of greed?

Kitimat, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
I suggest you step away from your favorite scriptures and ask your self if you honestly believe your "vision" is clear.

Kitimat, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

My mother was a Lutheran, but she never taught me that I would be saved and others would burn in hell.

I'm thankful that her words were always "Just try to do your best."

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
I am thankful that I are not a Catholic!!!!!
(CNN)-– American atheists welcomed Pope Francis’ comments that God redeems nonbelievers, saying that the new pontiff's historic outreach is helping to topple longstanding barriers.
“The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with the Blood of Christ: all of us, not just Catholics. Everyone,” the pope told worshipers at morning Mass on Wednesday.“‘Father, the atheists?’ Even the atheists. Everyone!”
Atheist: One who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods.
The Word of God says: He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Since god does not care what phony group you belong to,you are still one of his children,and your welcome in heaven,even if you don't believe. poor franny, gonna get hammered for this.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

chuck wrote:

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that WHOEVER believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
**WHOEVER means the individual. So how does a 3 month old baby start the process of salvation when they can't believe in Christ?
**Heads up...the question still remains if you tell me it's from the faith of the parents.

I Cor. 7:14 says that the children are sanctified by the believing mother or father.

KayMarie
Religion A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

It is good that people of The Book -- the Abrahamic religions; Christian, Muslim, and Jew -- are all guided by their loving God to get along in peace, respect, and fellowship.

Seeing how otherwise normal people have been and continue to be so willing to kill each other is truly heartwarming.

It makes me want to be religious.

The only question is which of the loving and kind Abrahamic religions is the right one?

Should I base my choice on body count, or perhaps what I was taught as a child?
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
Regina
Haskell, NJ
That's the ticket! Now you're catching on. Historically, all Christians were Catholic until the reformation.
Here, this should help:
http://www.catholicscomehome.org/who-started -...
But do invest in a good history book as well.........JETHRO:this is a lie, the only christains that were catholics came from rome,the home of the pagan/christian church.if all christians were catholics,why did they keep feeding them to the lions in the arena,or for target pratice? why did they forcefully drag them away and beat the church ibto them? thousands of christians killed because they did not want to follow the church,including it aleged leader of "the church" jesus,he was cruxified by the same church we're expected to believe was of his creation,lmao,the church/herod ordered the killing of male babies to stop his coming,(which is not really true),people had to be starved,whipped,tortured,burne d at the stake,and just out right killed for no reason,all this sanctioned by god and his church...knowing all this how can anyone make such a rediculous statement that all christians are catholics,need the hip boots when regina slings the sheep dip around.
I know people gave you hearts and flowers because of your vulgarity toward and lies about Catholics. Bigots always applaud that kind of behavior.

Historically, prior to the protest-ation of the Christian faith, all Christians were Catholic. In your abject ignorance, you are mistaking the Roman Empire for the Catholic Church. They are not the same. Now, I'm giving you a break by blaming it on your ignorance, so do show the proper gratitude. And then go take a nap; you don't know what you're talking about, as usual. Stop looking for attention like a child.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Jethro says.......he just sits in the church every day and listens to what ever they say and believes it,without questioning anything.
Michael says......Interesting that catholics claim their religious faith and love of God is the MOST important entity in their lives, yet today less than 1 in 4, 25% of american catholics attend mandatory sunday mass, and fewer than 1% thats right 1%! of roman catholics attend daily mass that is offered in every city in america..........and I thought catholics religious belief, and faith in God were Job 1! Its obvious most catholics are not truthful of what they say.
Catholic HIPOCRICY!
this is true they can get up early,go to mass,then drive to work. no excuse not to follow the pagan/christian rules.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>no one would claim you most holy,but the opposite.... how do you feel belonging to a church that thinks molesting children is ok?...if you reply put my name in your post.
Frankly, I'm not entirely sure you aren't a pervert. You dwell on it so much, it's a given you're getting vicarious thrills from talking about it. Ugh!! Get help, you're disgusting!
Human Being

Kinder, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. Thanks for your explanation of interpretation. I see you at least THINK.
I don't need a "ritual" or prescribed set of tenets or rules to be one with the ALL, I always was and always will be in that state of position. All else is religousity.
Black Thunder 42:

Merely "sensing" the eternal, is like being in a large darkened room.

Religion gives one structure and direction. Most people on this thread are motivated, but without religious direction, the point becomes aimless, and wondering.

We all think we are headed in the right direction. But it takes obedience and discipline to get where one is headed.

Kitimat, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

As a child my mother would on occasion suggest that I say my prayers ... but she never tried to manipulate for what I should pray. She left that decision up to me.

I observed how my parents treated others in the community with kindness, and hoped that some it would rub off on me.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
This indicates that the god is greedy for FULL attention.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
Questions from the parishioners of
St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Church
Picayune, Mississippi
Q. Is masturbation a mortal sin? If it is, why?
Masturbation is the deliberate stimulation of the sex organ in order to derive sexual pleasure. As such, it is an act of recreation rather than re-creation and is ordered toward self rather than toward God.
it should be encouraged,maybe less children or nuns would be molested/groped by priests,popes and bishops.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

596 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Word + 2 2 min Canine11 225
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Stilgar Fifrawi 721,372
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 5 min Johnny 195
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min gianni atheist infidel 115,340
INSTANT INCOME APP REVIEW : instantincomeapp.com 7 min dess71 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min Rosa_Winkel 224,375
Same -sex marriages are of OF THE DEVIL 14 min SOLOMONS WISDOM 7
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 min Dr_Zorderz 256,728
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Strength and Honor 172,475
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr Miki 81
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••