Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646308 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Delta, Canada

#444686 May 24, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
Thinking is only part of living a good life.
I know you write a lot about religious arrogance. And there is a lot of it around.
I would be a hypocrite if I did not admit to you that I have studied the major religions, and actually found common truths they share.
Yet perhaps you might consider another point of view instead of arrogance, and that is confident hope. It develops on faith. And I am not being specific to Christianity alone.
You studied major religions to untimely land in the Christian religion because the teachings gave you information that a Jew came to earth to save Christians from the wrath of a god's punishment.

And you now are certain you are well VERSED!
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#444687 May 24, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>no,i'll stay right here, making sure your filthy disgusting church gets the credit it deserves, of being phony,liars an perverts,and who knows what other hideous things they are doing.
Standing tall on the backs of those who suffered....nice one, Jethro. Guess you can't stand tall any other way than to use others to prop you up. I know you're all worked up, getting vicarious thrills about the sexual sins of others, but that's the sickest thing of all. Perverted. Take a cold shower.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#444688 May 24, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
The loudest and most extreme in any group will always paint a distorted picture. Imagine if this discourse were the norm!
Thoughtful points. Thank you for adding some balance from the Christian side.
Religion A Delusion:

Haha. I think you have a great point here. Can't you "feel" the minds of some of the people on here shouting? I sure do.

It makes me wonder why? Probably a lot of it is driven by insecurity, and the opinions/shouting drowns it out, almost like getting intoxicated.

Thank you for your response.

Delta, Canada

#444689 May 24, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>prove it,show me in scripture jesus says his church is the catholic church?what book is this passage in? would like to read it.
The Catholics compiled all the data in the New Testament. There were no Protestants.

They wrote as Catholics for Catholics.

The word Protestant did not exist until the 16th century.

Delta, Canada

#444690 May 24, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>abuse is everywhere,but you know the pagan/christian church is guilty of it,yet you still let your kids go there,what kind of mother are you,your suppose to protect your kids not put them in harms way.
Sexual abuse happened and probably still occurs in Protestant churches.

Why must you stoop so low as to pretend your flock is guilt-free?

It doesn't make you appear at all honest.

Delta, Canada

#444691 May 24, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion A Delusion:
Haha. I think you have a great point here. Can't you "feel" the minds of some of the people on here shouting? I sure do.
It makes me wonder why? Probably a lot of it is driven by insecurity, and the opinions/shouting drowns it out, almost like getting intoxicated.
Thank you for your response.
Your SMOOTH words don't fool me.

You adhere as much to your religious cult as do the ones that SHOUT it out.

There's not a question in my mind that you perceive yourself as very holy indeed, and are quite willing to believe that others deserve hell and all it entails.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#444692 May 24, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
I know!!!
That Jethro is such a hateful, spiteful person!
I feel sorry for him.
quite the contrary,you don't see me calling people names,do you,lying about them being a pervert,when the one making the accusation supports a perverted institution,my dislike is for the church allowing abuse to go on for about the 2000 yrs it was created by Constantine and they did nothing about it.and there false claim of being the true church.they don't even come close.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#444693 May 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You studied major religions to untimely land in the Christian religion because the teachings gave you information that a Jew came to earth to save Christians from the wrath of a god's punishment.
And you now are certain you are well VERSED!
June VanDerMark:

No. I am certain, that I am not well versed, as my understanding is very lacking. But getting older now, I can now sum up my experiences. And I can focus a bit better on things in general, rather than jump here and there in the "search for everything".

(I know you hate it when I write such things. Haha.)

But I had to explore, so that I could go beyond my own cultural and religious biases.(Even atheism!)

Delta, Canada

#444695 May 24, 2013
Joseph Smith claimed that because of his visions from "god" ... he restored the bible to it's original truth.

What a crock of manure.

Delta, Canada

#444696 May 24, 2013
This fellow is another smooth talker. He's so smooth that even though he admitted that they like his lies ... his followers didn't catch on to his con-game.

They don't want to see his lies. They desire to hear what he tells them. He's SMOOTH.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

I watched a program on Primetime OWN.

The man who calls himself the second coming of Jesus told the person interviewing him (verbatim)... "So you tell the millions of followers I have ...’Dat guy's a liar.’ You know what dey gonna say?...‘I prefer his lies.’"

Here he is in person …

usa

#444698 May 24, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually though, jethro8, that you had more intellect, intelligence and reasoning to know the Truth as to why we worship and proclaim Jesus Christ in His One True Catholic Church-----"but I can see that it still continues to escape your anti-catholic mind.... We as Catholics belong and adhere to the teachings of the Catholic Church because it is the "only" Church that teaches the TRUTH in accordance with Sacred Scripture and Tradition not because of the Inappropriate Conduct of some of its members. The Catholic Church teaches that it is wrong to kill, commit adultery, rape, etc. but that doesn't guarantee that a Catholic or a Catholic priest will never kill, rape, commit perversion, or commit sin..... Jesus initiated His One True Church to save sinners of which we all are....The Perverted personal conduct of a small % priests who commit sin does not negate or change the TRUTH OF DOCTRINE that the Catholic Church teaches and has "always" taught for over 2000 years. Protestants also have sexual perverted ministers in their Church which actually (equals or exceeds) those in the Catholic Church. The issue here is TRUTH OF DOCTRINE vs Personal CONDUCT. I don't judge either the Catholic or the Protestant Church based upon the inappropriate conduct of its members. I judge them on the basis of whether they teach the TRUTH based upon the Sacred Scripture and Apostolic Tradition....... That is the reason why there is such a ("BIG BIG DIFFERENCE"! The Catholic Church is the ONLY Church that teaches the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FULLNESS of the Faith and that is "precisely" why we, along with the other 1.169 Billionb Catholic around the world continue to worship, adhere to, follow and believe in the TRUE teachings of Jesus Christ and HIS infallible TRUTH which is ONLY proclaimed and taught in Jesus' One True Catholic Church!! Every one of the bible authors were also sinners: Moses was a murderer, David was an adulterer and Paul said "I am the worst of sinners"! This only shows how "ridiculous, confused, mixed up and (dumb-founded) you bible only Protestants are in your ingrained and distorted anti-Catholic thinking.
there is nothing to escape from,because it does not exist,i do stay away from the churches false teachings.did you read my news article about the woman who died in a catholic hospital after 3 days of begging for help because she was miscarrying and they just let her die,why? because it's a catholic country,you can keep your sick institutions.hospitals are suppose to help people not stand there watch them die.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#444699 May 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What a lot of arrogant SLOP.
That your own clique will listen to such drivel bespeaks of mindsets that are on the same arrogant PAGE.
If you were born the child of a Muslim, or a Jew ... you would only know Islam or Judaism ... PERIOD ... and you would be just as certain of future bliss in an afterlife as you now believe as a Christian.
I suggest you stick your self with a pin so you can wake up. It seems there IS no other way.
June VanDerMark:

If I were born a Jew, Hindu, Muslim, Buddhist, then I would be under those societal norms. True. And if given the opportunity to explore beyond them, depending on circumstance, I would have searched.

I am not a Hindu, Jew, Muslim, Buddhist, nor could I predict, how I would have responded, nor the society around me. My life would have been different. But I am, who I am, and not someone else.

But I do not deny other religions, and followers in those religions salvation out of lack of knowledge.

Your thought is mostly aimed at conscience, and its formation.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#444700 May 24, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, good Lord, not again!
Why are the ignorant so.....ignorant??
My yellow lab has a longer attention span than jethro.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#444701 May 24, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Hermeneutics Smutics:
There is no peace in the soul of one with pride.
Interesting little piece from a blogger about St. John Cassian:

The Eight Demons of St. John Cassian
My life, along with many others (though I forget this often), has been a continual struggle with sin. I am not alone in this, and there is a kind of comfort in that. I found this out especially when I stumbled upon some writings of St. John Cassian in the Philokalia, arguably the most important spiritual text in the Christian East aside from the Scriptures.

The first vice that Cassian speaks of is control of the stomach,followed by unchastity, avarice, anger, dejection, listlessness, self-esteem, and pride. I think that "self-esteem" would jump out immediately to the modern reader of the above list, but in this case, Cassian seems to be referring to a kind of pride, a seeking out and enjoying of the compliments and flattery of others.
http://ascentofcarmel.blogspot.com/2012/11/th...

There are so many wonderful saints from whom we can learn.

usa

#444702 May 24, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know it is wind...How do you know it is electricity......did someone teach you this knowledge?????
I was told that what i was feeling is called wind,i felt it,therefore it exists,electricity,it's running my pc and i have been zapped by it before, therefore i know it exists because i felt it's power.and i was told it's called electricity,there are mountains of historical proof on these two examples you chose exist.so i have no reason to doubt them. and lets not forget the experiments....what do you have?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#444703 May 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Never passed 'rithmatic did ya? There's a billion+ more Catholics than pentecostals...
Yep ...

Isa_5:14 Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it.

usa

#444704 May 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
YES!!!
Ignatius was Catholic!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
An important milestone into development of Christian self-consciousness or Christian self-identity will be the emergence of the word "Christianity." This word appears for the first time in the writings of a church thinker of the early 2nd century of our era named Ignatius, who lived in Western Asia Minor, modern day Western Turkey.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows ...
so? your point? christians were around before he was born.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#444705 May 24, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>quite the contrary,you don't see me calling people names,do you,lying about them being a pervert,when the one making the accusation supports a perverted institution,my dislike is for the church allowing abuse to go on for about the 2000 yrs it was created by Constantine and they did nothing about it.and there false claim of being the true church.they don't even come close.
Jethro wrote:

"your a sick f$%k just like anthony" #444499

"knowing all this how can anyone make such a rediculous statement that all christians are catholics,need the hip boots when regina slings the sheep dip around." #44446

"Since god does not care what phony group you belong to,you are still one of his children,and your welcome in heaven,even if you don't believe. poor franny, gonna get hammered for this." #444477

Pervert.

usa

#444706 May 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
My yellow lab has a longer attention span than jethro.
and i bet it's a female and not fixed and definitely not a virgin.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#444707 May 24, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion, you can't have it both ways. If you say there is no proof there is a God and you can't prove something doesn't exist, then you can't go on and tell me there is no God.
I can't decide whose logic is the more tangled up mess, the fundies or the atheists.
With out the leadership of the HOLY SPIRIT WE CAN SAY AS

WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE DID...

Out out brief candle
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more.

It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

--Macbeth, Act V, scene v

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Pastor Catcher 47,791
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 13 min Joi C 2,006
Will Jesus show Satan to the world B 4 he goes ... 15 min Doctor REALITY 2
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 27 min onemale 281,215
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 30 min VIKING 971,557
"Moses, would you PLEASE tell God to STOP the F... 38 min Ficken Facts 11
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Toby 105,568
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr X Pendable 182,614
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 4 hr oneear69 38,711
More from around the web