Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,511
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#444445 May 24, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>It's keep your friends close,but your enemies closer,you met George Chuvalo,must of been around the time he was going to fight muhamad ali, I believe that took place in the canadian area,or close to it,i didn't know you play chess LT? will have to meet on pogo and play a game.last time we chatted you said you were going fishing? how'd that turn out?
We did great Jethro, we had enough fish to feed 9 people and some left over for another meal, plus I gave a couple of nice filets away.
Pike and Pickerel not bad for the first trip of the year.
I am glad we didn't decide to camp the rain was terrible we would have drowned.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#444446 May 24, 2013
Regina
Haskell, NJ
That's the ticket! Now you're catching on. Historically, all Christians were Catholic until the reformation.

Here, this should help:
http://www.catholicscomehome.org/who-started -...

But do invest in a good history book as well.........JETHRO:this is a lie, the only christains that were catholics came from rome,the home of the pagan/christian church.if all christians were catholics,why did they keep feeding them to the lions in the arena,or for target pratice? why did they forcefully drag them away and beat the church ibto them? thousands of christians killed because they did not want to follow the church,including it aleged leader of "the church" jesus,he was cruxified by the same church we're expected to believe was of his creation,lmao,the church/herod ordered the killing of male babies to stop his coming,(which is not really true),people had to be starved,whipped,tortured,burne d at the stake,and just out right killed for no reason,all this sanctioned by god and his church...knowing all this how can anyone make such a rediculous statement that all christians are catholics,need the hip boots when regina slings the sheep dip around.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#444447 May 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't misread what you said. Bub says the scriptures you sometimes preach on, were on his mind the whole day. That's called 'thinking alike' and not divine guidance from the Holy Spirit.
The reason I say this is because the Holy Spirit wouldn't direct you to preach something different than the first Christians. Plus, you are not in unison with the other pastor down the street. That's not guidance from the Holy Spirit. The Apostles were together in one fold, they didn't preach opposite of each other.
You and Bub think alike. Just like the same things are on the mind of me and my buddies all day.(usually its fishing)
You really don't know who God is do you Clay or the power of the Holy Spirit.
Do you know why Judas wasn't forgiven, think about it.
Peter denied Jesus, Thomas doubt Jesus, Judas betrayed him.
Peter and Thomas asked for forgiveness. Judas didn't why did he believe Jesus wouldn't forgive him also.
With all the sins we humans commit against God and man,[were Judas's sins worse then ours??] yet God in all His mercy and love forgives This sinner {ME].
Every soul is precious to God Clay.

John 6:37

King James Version (KJV)

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Jesus knew Judas wouldn't come to Him yes He could have force him, but God wants us to go to Him willingly not by force.
Judas misunderstand Jesus he had Judas was one thing in mind, and Jesus had another purpose, that is the way it is with many people.
We say we love Jesus but want it done the way we want thinking we know best.
Judas in all his aguish of see Jesus who I believe he loved, hung on the cross was to much, and he hung himself instead of asking Jesus for forgiveness.
He really didn't know Jesus because Judas had his own agenda going on, he missed the truth spoken by Jesus and never learned the truth.
Would Jesus have forgiven Judas, yes I believe Jesus would have.

James 4

King James Version (KJV)

4 From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?

2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.

3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#444448 May 24, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Jethro says.......he just sits in the church every day and listens to what ever they say and believes it,without questioning anything.
Michael says......Interesting that catholics claim their religious faith and love of God is the MOST important entity in their lives, yet today less than 1 in 4, 25% of american catholics attend mandatory sunday mass, and fewer than 1% thats right 1%! of roman catholics attend daily mass that is offered in every city in america..........and I thought catholics religious belief, and faith in God were Job 1! Its obvious most catholics are not truthful of what they say.
Catholic HIPOCRICY!
Catholics here paint a much more benign vision of Hell than when I was a kid, so I'm guessing that's the updated Vatican line too.

Less fire and brimstone. Less fear. So fewer go through the motions maybe?

Deep inside, I think most humans are in touch with reality and harbor a suspicion that much, if not all of their religious dogma is imaginary.

Otherwise, wouldn't there be about a 90% DAILY church attendance.

I pray for them:

http://www.venganza.org/2009/08/fsm-prayer/

Ramen

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#444450 May 24, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics here paint a much more benign vision of Hell than when I was a kid, so I'm guessing that's the updated Vatican line too.
Less fire and brimstone. Less fear. So fewer go through the motions maybe?
Deep inside, I think most humans are in touch with reality and harbor a suspicion that much, if not all of their religious dogma is imaginary.
Otherwise, wouldn't there be about a 90% DAILY church attendance.
I pray for them:
http://www.venganza.org/2009/08/fsm-prayer/
Ramen
They won't admit that sensible theology would require that to follow Jesus they would have to be perfected Jews ... NOT perfected Christians.

By indicating that a Jew became a traitor to Judaism to become Catholic ... they couldn't be more disrespectful if they tried.

Terrace, Canada

#444451 May 24, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>must of been the pagan/christians that said that,who cares, there no more important than anyone else.
This indicates that the god is greedy for FULL attention.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Questions from the parishioners of
St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Church
Picayune, Mississippi

Q. Is masturbation a mortal sin? If it is, why?

Masturbation is the deliberate stimulation of the sex organ in order to derive sexual pleasure. As such, it is an act of recreation rather than re-creation and is ordered toward self rather than toward God.

Terrace, Canada

#444452 May 24, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>true,i'm sure he's laughing histerrically at hojo's repeated 1000 times over post for anything you ask him, he believes in god and the pagan/christian church,but he knows nothing about it.he just sits in the church every day and listens to what ever they say and believes it,without questioning anything.
When people own bibles, they take from the words in the bibles whatever aligns to their own choices of belief.

That is why there are approximately 38,000 denominations of Christianity.

Arrogance is a very busy task-master.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From the book,“A History of Christianity,” edited by Clyde L. Manschreck,(volume 2) comes the following…

In one of our American communities, a congregation called itself The Church of God. They could not agree among themselves and having split asunder, the split called itself, The True Church of God. They, in turn divided and the new group called itself The Only True Church of God.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#444453 May 24, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
I am thankful that I are not a Catholic!!!!!
(CNN)-– American atheists welcomed Pope Francis’ comments that God redeems nonbelievers, saying that the new pontiff's historic outreach is helping to topple longstanding barriers.
“The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with the Blood of Christ: all of us, not just Catholics. Everyone,” the pope told worshipers at morning Mass on Wednesday.“‘Father, the atheists?’ Even the atheists. Everyone!”
Atheist: One who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods.
The Word of God says: He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Two questions....

1... Why does it bother you if others who disagree with your beliefs can attain the same happiness in afterlife?

You seem to go for the more angry and vengeful God -- one who "lovingly" creates, while knowing all the time that over 95% of its own creation is to be punished for all eternity. There is only one way I can see that making sense to anyone.

2... Do you feel angry and vengeful sometimes?
truth

Perth, Australia

#444454 May 24, 2013
no any money..not worthy..god don't need money..no..
drhtim ko prut

oh
i can't believe
i can't belive
i just looking conic projection
time

on vertical 120 cylinder
its code nesmin pisat
180 toward sumatra
120 toward west siberia
120 over japan
95 over gobi

another project from andes toward australia..

no its my secrets i never used other people..i am not sopy..as well atheist is hard people who pray
oh i am sick who can't understood my way..i think someone have..yes they have something

how you know..how you express yourself gas
i mean determination whem pump out..
its code under geometric direction..its secret letter..i need drove more over map..i have to be for sure..i need seperate sheets..i have to look in my tiny books..many many symbols..but have meaning..
very sensetive..not talk to much as explanation..
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#444455 May 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They won't admit that sensible theology would require that to follow Jesus they would have to be perfected Jews ... NOT perfected Christians.
By indicating that a Jew became a traitor to Judaism to become Catholic ... they couldn't be more disrespectful if they tried.
I believe Christians could become more disrespectful if they tried.

History says maybe they have.

With ghettos and the wearing of insignias, Hitler was following a historical Christian precedent set by a previous Pope. Martin Luther was an early Hitler favorite too. For his first 10 or more years in power, Hitler used major Christian denominations and they used him.

There were few complaints and last I heard, the CC is still raking in the money from their old Hitler pact.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#444456 May 24, 2013
who="Michael"...... Christianity doesn't come from Jesus and a big bang. It comes from the accumulation of legends, story tellers, and theologies by people who believed in a Jesus.
.....The origin of those ideas wasn't Jesus. The origin were the myths, legends, philosophies, prejudices, literature, superstitions, and primitive cosmology of ancient western cultures that lived 1,000 years before the story tellers made up the Jesus story.
.....read and learn about the beliefs that came long before Jesus. Its all part of our human past.

Michael...at first you were upset with the 'church' that hurt you, but more and more you are casting doubt upon God Himself. Do you not realize that the devil labors to counterfeit all that is good?

When I found Jesus (or He found me, and invited me to follow Him) I didn't read about Him in a book, nor did my society convince me that I should believe this way. When I was put on crutches (four or five months the doctor said), and one week later I danced off of them, never to see them again, it was a result of touching Him. I've had many personal experiences, and I've known many other people who have experienced Him. No way could some twisted form of religion have done such things for us.

Quit fighting Him, and 'somewhere' you will find Him...

KayMarie

Terrace, Canada

#444457 May 24, 2013
Devout believers, whether Jew, Christian or Muslim, all believe that the one god exists to love ONLY them and those who believe the same as they believe.

If selfishness is rewarded, their rewards should in deed be forthcoming.

#444459 May 24, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
He also said that Jesus was *not* like us (and he did not mean in sin). Yes, he is redefining Christian doctrine. I know how much it hurts you to disagree with another anti-Catholic, but you are either a Christian or you're not. If you're going to apply your personal opinion to Christian teaching, making a few tweaks here and there, then you are not a Christian. There's no in-between. Take a stand for Christ or join the ranks of the unbelievers. It matters that much, Kay.
~~~

So you claim to have the exclusive handle on Christian doctrine

Your ungodly religious society always claims to have all the answers...

You religious society has prove by it's idolatry and various other ungodly practices and it track record over the centuries...that the handle (IT CLAIMS )it has upon Christianity is nothing more than myths fables AND conjecture..

If I were you I would be ashamed to own any connection to a
group that has spawned all the sins below across the earth.

Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers
Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Terrace, Canada

#444460 May 24, 2013
<quoted text>
I believe Christians could become more disrespectful if they tried.
History says maybe they have.
With ghettos and the wearing of insignias, Hitler was following a historical Christian precedent set by a previous Pope. Martin Luther was an early Hitler favorite too. For his first 10 or more years in power, Hitler used major Christian denominations and they used him.
There were few complaints and last I heard, the CC is still raking in the money from their old Hitler pact.
Throughout history Christians have committed every crime in the book and more.

I doubt that they could learn of NEW crimes.

And from what I have studied, those in the religions before Christianity were also as brutal as the Jews, Christians and Muslims of the one-god dogma.

Humans are selfish animals, and religion never has improved human nature.

usa

#444461 May 24, 2013
truth wrote:
Did you claim us most holy but spiting and judging us?
no one would claim you most holy,but the opposite.... how do you feel belonging to a church that thinks molesting children is ok?...if you reply put my name in your post.

#444462 May 24, 2013
who="June VanDerMark" Devout believers, whether Jew, Christian or Muslim, all believe that the one god exists to love ONLY them and those who believe the same as they believe.

REAL Christians do not teach/believe such tommyrot. John 3:16 For God so LOVED THE WORLD that He gave His only begotten Son,(so) that WHOSOEVER believes in Him shall be saved.

He does not turn anyone away, regardless of their color or their sin, if they wish to come to Him.

KayMarie

usa

#444463 May 24, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that WHOEVER believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
**WHOEVER means the individual. So how does a 3 month old baby start the process of salvation when they can't believe in Christ?
**Heads up...the question still remains if you tell me it's from the faith of the parents.
he didn't give up his son,he gave up himself,jesus and god were one in the same.

#444464 May 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
This indicates that the god is greedy for FULL attention.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
Questions from the parishioners of
St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Church
Picayune, Mississippi
Q. Is masturbation a mortal sin? If it is, why?
Masturbation is the deliberate stimulation of the sex organ in order to derive sexual pleasure. As such, it is an act of recreation rather than re-creation and is ordered toward self rather than toward God.
~~~
How much more explicit can an atheist get?

You are attempting to turn this forum into a Tabloid forum

just as the Roman Catholics have attempted to do to Mary the Mother of Jesus by exploiting her sexual activity

It is you that is greedy for the attention of all here and across Topix...where ever you have posted...

And you will have HELL TO PAY FOR YOUR ACTIONS...

as the Roman Catholics will.

Terrace, Canada

#444465 May 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Two questions....
1... Why does it bother you if others who disagree with your beliefs can attain the same happiness in afterlife?
They demand that they and those who believe as they believe are the only ones that the one god will accept into his kingdom.

Their selfishness is totally out of control.

It's ironic that when they offer their religious beliefs to others they believe they are offering others LOVE ... when the draft they are laying on the table is the idea that they know the only narrow path to bliss in an afterlife.

They are totally arrogant ... but they don't see it ... and what's more ... they don't WANT to see it.

Terrace, Canada

#444466 May 24, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="June VanDerMark" Devout believers, whether Jew, Christian or Muslim, all believe that the one god exists to love ONLY them and those who believe the same as they believe.
REAL Christians do not teach/believe such tommyrot. John 3:16 For God so LOVED THE WORLD that He gave His only begotten Son,(so) that WHOSOEVER believes in Him shall be saved.
He does not turn anyone away, regardless of their color or their sin, if they wish to come to Him.
KayMarie
Christians should NOT be teaching that a faithful Jew would support Christianity and be unfaithful to Judaism.

THAT is tommyrot.

You lie each time you make such foolish statements. You know it ... yet you just keep on lying.

Such is your pride in what you preach.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Dally Mama 775,341
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 10 min Anti-Christ 441,773
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 18 min WildWeirdWillie 175,648
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 30 min RiccardoFire 37,817
www.mygiftcardsite.com balance - Mygiftcardsite... (Dec '12) 31 min sarah ady 36
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 40 min who 265,149
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 40 min preteen girl 605,021
More from around the web