Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646792 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#444666 May 24, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
I don't judge any pentecostal preachers. But you judge ALL Catholic priests as child molesters in spite of the fact that statistically it's more likely that a pentecostal preacher abuses than a Catholic priest.
Tell me confrinting, how many sinless pentecostal preachers do you know? Does God judge a sinful pentecostal preacher more leniently than a sinful priest?

Sin to God is 'sin', no matter who does it. Since the CC is paying out MILLIONS in restitution, it is a bit of a stretch to say that Pentecostals are more likely abusers!

KM
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#444667 May 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that the original Christian claim was that people who did not believe in Jesus as their savior would burn in hell.
You are trying to change the basis of Christianity to suit your own desires.
No, that is not the original Christian claim. While what has been revealed is that faith is necessary for salvation, we have never and never should judge whether someone will or will not be saved. If anyone has done so, they are incorrect. God will save whom God will save. It would be imprudent to disregard His revealed truth and presume upon His mercy, but it is His call.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#444668 May 24, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Get help! Uggghhhh!!!!
And take your filthy, disgusting mouth elsewhere. Yuuuckk!!!
no,i'll stay right here, making sure your filthy disgusting church gets the credit it deserves, of being phony,liars an perverts,and who knows what other hideous things they are doing.

Since: Sep 09

Delta, Canada

#444669 May 24, 2013
From the book,“The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire,” by Edward Gibbon,(Coyright 1963, by Frank C. Bourne … comes the following.

The doctrine of Christ’s reign upon earth was first treated as a profound allegory, was considered by degrees as a doubtful and useless opinion, and was at length rejected as the absurd invention of heresy and fanaticism.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#444670 May 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You CHOSE to be a Christian because you liked the teaching that YOU would be saved.
June VanDerMark:

In my past, I would agree with you. And being "saved" is certainly a big motivation. And goes along the journey.

But here is the great problem. God is the Judge. And because one thinks, acts, proclaims, believes they are saved, it all still comes down to God.(God chooses us, we don't choose God.)

Being a Christian is much harder than being an atheist. An atheist is a bit more fatalistic. But as a Christian when you think you know it all, God pulls and pushes you a little harder, or gives you a knock it the head, to remind you.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#444671 May 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such person as "Mary Ann Collins
(A Former Catholic Nun)". Trust me...many, many people have tried to verify her existence and she's not real.
jethro, quit being so gullible.
Oh, good Lord, not again!

Why are the ignorant so.....ignorant??
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#444672 May 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if you are a devout Christian, you SHOULD!
Evil deceivers are everywhere except in your bible ... aren't they???
tongue in cheek
You remind me of a neighbor I used to have. She would sit alone in her darkened house with a cheap bottle of whiskey and drink all day and bark at people who walked by.
No doubt she told herself she had a good reason to drink since no one ever stopped in to visit her.
She died a very miserable person. I went to her funeral and it seemed like a cocktail party rather than a funeral. No one looked sad at all.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#444673 May 24, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>Since god does not care what phony group you belong to,you are still one of his children,and your welcome in heaven,even if you don't believe. poor franny, gonna get hammered for this.
If I had any idea as to what you are attempting to articulate...I would respond!!!!!

Delta, Canada

#444674 May 24, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Sin to God is 'sin', no matter who does it.
If you stopped sinning ... when did that occur?

:)
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#444675 May 24, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
It is your opinion that my belief is based on pure emotion and an imaginary god.
Opinion only. Otherwise prove it.
No one can prove something doesn't exist.

I observe that even you reject 95% of the world's the religious dogma. You do so because there is no evidence whatsoever of any other god's existence.

The one thing you cannot seem to comprehend is that there is exactly the same amount of evidence for your god - zero.

All attempts to discover such evidence have failed.

Consider: only 25% of Catholic today attend weekly Mass. Based on this number, that leaves less than 5% of the world's population who practice what you claim god wants.

2000 years and 5% saved the "right way."

So who messed up? Jesus? Or the CC?

Answer: nobody. It's imaginary and makes little sense, so it is very difficult to get people to buy into it.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#444676 May 24, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
to regina:Were the Early Christians Roman Catholics?
Mary Ann Collins
(A Former Catholic Nun)
www.CatholicConcerns.com
February 2002
The Roman Catholic Church claims that the early Christians were all Roman Catholics, and that (aside from the Orthodox Church) all Christians were Roman Catholics until the Protestant Reformation. It claims that the Apostle Peter was the first Pope, ruling from Rome. It also claims that it gave us the Bible.
But do these claims stand up to the test of history? Or are they false credentials?
There is historical evidence that the Roman Catholic Church began with Emperor Constantine. Many Protestants believe that throughout Church history, there have been many true Christians who were not Catholics, and these Christians were often killed by the Catholic Church. They also believe that Peter was just one of the apostles, and that the Catholic Church only copied and preserved the Bible, which God had already given to us.
EMPEROR CONSTANTINE
On October 28, 312 A.D., the Roman Emperor Constantine met with Bishop Miltiades.(Catholics would later refer to him as Pope Miltiades. But at the time he was known as the Bishop of Rome.) Miltiades was assisted by Silvester, a Roman who spoke educated Latin, and acted as interpreter. The previous day, Constantine had seen a sign in the heavens: a cross in front of the sun. He heard a voice say, "In this sign you will conquer." He painted crosses on the shields of his soldiers. He won an important battle, and was convinced that it was because of the power of the sign that he had seen. He asked for two of the nails that were used to crucify Jesus. One nail was made into a bit for his horse. Another nail was made a part of his crown, signifying that Constantine ruled the Roman Empire in the name of Jesus. He allowed Miltiades to keep the third nail.[Note 1]
The fact that Constantine saw the cross and the sun together may explain why he worshiped the Roman sun god while at the same time professing to be a Christian. After his "conversion," Constantine built a triumphal arch featuring the Roman sun god (the "unconquered sun"). His coins featured the sun. Constantine made a statue of the sun god, with his own face on it, for his new city of Constantinople. He made Sunday (the day of the sun god) into a day of rest when work was forbidden.[Note 2]
I've got some great beach front property in Arizona I can let you have cheap.

Email me for details!
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#444677 May 24, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
I don't judge any pentecostal preachers. But you judge ALL Catholic priests as child molesters in spite of the fact that statistically it's more likely that a pentecostal preacher abuses than a Catholic priest.
Tell me confrinting, how many sinless pentecostal preachers do you know? Does God judge a sinful pentecostal preacher more leniently than a sinful priest?
Sin to God is 'sin', no matter who does it. Since the CC is paying out MILLIONS in restitution, it is a bit of a stretch to say that Pentecostals are more likely abusers!
KM
Never passed 'rithmatic did ya? There's a billion+ more Catholics than pentecostals...

Delta, Canada

#444678 May 24, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>why is there an abuse crisis in the first place?
Because Catholics are human. If you think that your brand of Christianity is pure ... think again.

All kinds of skeletons fall out of closets when people don't expect to be caught in the act. Just ask Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Bakker, and the lying through his teeth homosexual Ted Haggard.

All Protestants who were proved to be mortals!

usa

#444679 May 24, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
You had better darn well run away. And take your ignorant, bigoted hatred with you. Disgusting!!
I don't run from anyone,have no reason too,ignorant? bigoted?just because I think pedophilia is a heaneous crime? especially concerning a church? and you think it's ok? you call me sick? what parent would willingly take their child to a place where it is well known, a lot of perversion took/takes place? my brother had to get married in a catholic church because his wife's parents are big Catholics,but he will not go himself or allow his children to go except for baptizing and communion,he had to because of wife's parents,he hates being associated with the church,and i don't blame him.

Delta, Canada

#444680 May 24, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
I observe that even you reject 95% of the world's the religious dogma. You do so because there is no evidence whatsoever of any other god's existence.
The one thing you cannot seem to comprehend is that there is exactly the same amount of evidence for your god - zero.
They don't WANT to go there. The idea that their own god is false is "forbidden territory" ... and totally off limits to them.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#444681 May 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You think you have cornered the market on salvation.
You don't WANT to see your own arrogance.
If you thought for one second that you were going to be burning in hell, you would throw your bible away and wish to believe something better.
June VanDerMark:

Thinking is only part of living a good life.

I know you write a lot about religious arrogance. And there is a lot of it around.

I would be a hypocrite if I did not admit to you that I have studied the major religions, and actually found common truths they share.

Yet perhaps you might consider another point of view instead of arrogance, and that is confident hope. It develops on faith. And I am not being specific to Christianity alone.

usa

#444682 May 24, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church was founded by Jesus Christ in the year 33 AD.
Deal with it.
You can have your own malice, but you can't have your own facts.
Hissy fits will get you nowhere.
prove it,show me in scripture jesus says his church is the catholic church?what book is this passage in? would like to read it.

Delta, Canada

#444683 May 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Never passed 'rithmatic did ya? There's a billion+ more Catholics than pentecostals...
Many humans from all other religions, whose foremothers and forefathers were forced to be Catholic or die burning at the stake as heretics.

You have nothing in numbers of which to BE proud.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#444684 May 24, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
All attempts to discover such evidence have failed.
Consider: only 25% of Catholic today attend weekly Mass. Based on this number, that leaves less than 5% of the world's population who practice what you claim god wants.
2000 years and 5% saved the "right way."
So who messed up? Jesus? Or the CC?
Answer: nobody. It's imaginary and makes little sense, so it is very difficult to get people to buy into it.
Religion, you can't have it both ways. If you say there is no proof there is a God and you can't prove something doesn't exist, then you can't go on and tell me there is no God.

I can't decide whose logic is the more tangled up mess, the fundies or the atheists.

usa

#444685 May 24, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
You had better darn well run away. And take your ignorant, bigoted hatred with you. Disgusting!!
abuse is everywhere,but you know the pagan/christian church is guilty of it,yet you still let your kids go there,what kind of mother are you,your suppose to protect your kids not put them in harms way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Buck Crick 971,785
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 5 min Ann Bonney 53,828
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 14 min ffj 49,256
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr ChristineM 445,736
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 1 hr Truthiness 26
Love or money 1 hr Truthiness 2
Just HOW angry is Satan??? 2 hr Truthiness 12
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr Annaleigh 105,649
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 13 hr taylorr 25
More from around the web