Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 589477 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#444399 May 23, 2013
marge wrote:
Have the Attitude of Christ
1Is there any encouragement from belonging to Christ? Any comfort from his love? Any fellowship together in the Spirit? Are your hearts tender and compassionate? 2Then make me truly happy by agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving one another, and working together with one mind and purpose.
3Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. 4Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.
5You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had.
6Though he was God,a
he did not think of equality with God
as something to cling to.
7Instead, he gave up his divine privilegesb;
he took the humble position of a slavec
and was born as a human being.
When he appeared in human form,d
8he humbled himself in obedience to God
and died a criminal’s death on a cross.
He was not God...

Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

#444400 May 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's about the size of it, isn't it?
How many do you think would actually start looking at their church's history and beyond all that quagmire of rhetoric to even find any semblance of "truth"?
Not many I have been trying to teach these dummy's but you could send them to the best programmer in the world it would not help they have been so brainwashed it is unreal.They will be the ones worshiping the anti christ and on their knees....Hell I can already prove shit and they can not prove me wrong but they will not admit it.
marge

Ames, IA

#444401 May 23, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
<quoted text>I agree she has no logic behind anything she say's.Only you got to be a good Christian the only thing I know is their are very few good Christians. most are the first ones to screw you screw your wife lie cheat rob you.....And go and ask forgiveness on sunday and start sinning on monday...
Bacon, bacon, bacon!

:)
marge

Ames, IA

#444402 May 23, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
He was not God...
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
God on earth in human likeness.

Yes He was God.
marge

Ames, IA

#444403 May 23, 2013
'thought it not robbery to be equal with God:'

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#444404 May 23, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
<quoted text>Not many I have been trying to teach these dummy's but you could send them to the best programmer in the world it would not help they have been so brainwashed it is unreal.They will be the ones worshiping the anti christ and on their knees....Hell I can already prove shit and they can not prove me wrong but they will not admit it.
I thought the links you put up were quite interesting... I hope they have the funding and permissions to continue.
marge

Ames, IA

#444405 May 23, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
KJV...
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
NABre...
Who, though he was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God something to be grasped.
OH, those two versions say something different!

Location hidden

#444406 May 23, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
God on earth in human likeness.
Yes He was God.
If you feel comfortable trashing your Catholic Encyclopedia and your pope approved Bible....and in do doing call your pope a dope...be my guest!!!!

NABre...
Who, though he was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God something to be grasped.
Rather, he emptied himself, aking the form of a slave, coming in human likeness; and found human in appearance, he humbled himself, becoming obedient to death, even death on a cross.

Catholic Encyclopedia quote: Christ..the incarnate Son of God the redeemer of the human race...
Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

#444407 May 23, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Bacon, bacon, bacon!
:)
Make sure you eat allot of it because when cancer and Alzheimer's And Parkinson's disease Sits In we don't want you to suffer to much....Why do you think he cast demons into swine and drove them off a cliff he knew they Only had one use And that was to clean the earth.....They are not fit for consumption.

The creator knows what you should eat or not eat he made you....

And you know when he says you shall surly die if you do this or that he don't mean right away but he is taking days months and years from your life This goes back to those mean old nasty laws you are so scared of......Did you get my link of the beast colors you know the ones from the roman catholick church seems they left the blue out because they represent the law.

Good news during the thousand year rein you will be taught the law by people like me and you will come to love them As I do...Or guess what you will not be there...he will not allow heaven to become defiled like this earth......

Location hidden

#444408 May 23, 2013
marge wrote:
'thought it not robbery to be equal with God:'
equal: Having the same quantity, measure, or value as another.

How old are you!!!!

Location hidden

#444409 May 23, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
OH, those two versions say something different!
One is the mainstay of Catholics....the other of the Protestants...both say the same thing....so...what version are you using that says the opposite????
marge

Ames, IA

#444410 May 23, 2013
nite Oxbow, I never been catholic and don't know what the word incarnate means.

thought you were catholic influenced. Blessings.
Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

#444411 May 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought the links you put up were quite interesting... I hope they have the funding and permissions to continue.
Cool thanks allot.Can I ask you Did you understand the name thing....I will try and explain it.One of the oldest text is the dead sea scrolls wrote in Aramaic.A form of Hebrew.when it comes to the creators name It read YHWH In short Yahweh. First you have to understand this is not a translation In almost every king james If it has A concordance See God And or Yahweh It says that the words lord god baal were added to his name because the divine reverence of his name was believed to be to holy to be spoken so Mortal man changed his name Making him A god.Nothing Makes him A god but man.But People do not get this I think to understand this you must be called and chosen ....Most people have never even heard of this name.And it is in every concordance around. And he even says you will cause them to forget my name any who hope you understand it...
Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

#444412 May 23, 2013
You know if it is true he died on A cross And I think it was just A pole we are all guilty of his murder.

Location hidden

#444413 May 23, 2013
I am thankful that I are not a Catholic!!!!!

(CNN)-– American atheists welcomed Pope Francis’ comments that God redeems nonbelievers, saying that the new pontiff's historic outreach is helping to topple longstanding barriers.

“The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with the Blood of Christ: all of us, not just Catholics. Everyone,” the pope told worshipers at morning Mass on Wednesday.“‘Father, the atheists?’ Even the atheists. Everyone!”

Atheist: One who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods.

The Word of God says: He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Location hidden

#444414 May 23, 2013
marge wrote:
nite Oxbow, I never been catholic and don't know what the word incarnate means.
thought you were catholic influenced. Blessings.
Don't matter...answer my question... "what version are you using that says the opposite????"

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#444415 May 23, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
<quoted text>Cool thanks allot.Can I ask you Did you understand the name thing....I will try and explain it.One of the oldest text is the dead sea scrolls wrote in Aramaic.A form of Hebrew.when it comes to the creators name It read YHWH In short Yahweh. First you have to understand this is not a translation In almost every king james If it has A concordance See God And or Yahweh It says that the words lord god baal were added to his name because the divine reverence of his name was believed to be to holy to be spoken so Mortal man changed his name Making him A god.Nothing Makes him A god but man.But People do not get this I think to understand this you must be called and chosen ....Most people have never even heard of this name.And it is in every concordance around. And he even says you will cause them to forget my name any who hope you understand it...
Ya. I did/do understand that. All combinations are prefixed and/or suffixed to denote the particular "holding" of that name at any given point. Most folks will think that another "god" when it is actually one and the same base, but in different duty or time.
Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

#444416 May 24, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya. I did/do understand that. All combinations are prefixed and/or suffixed to denote the particular "holding" of that name at any given point. Most folks will think that another "god" when it is actually one and the same base, but in different duty or time.
Well kinda but what i am saying is The creator Is not A god At all he is Yahweh your heavenly father But what better trick for satan to play on the world by having the world worship A god that could be satan her self yes I believe satan is a woman I was once married to her lol......Thanks And May the creator bless you.Even though people may not agree least they can do is stay civil...but you do not see that much...Just like marge she knows i do not eat pork so she try's and hurt me by saying bacon bacon bacon....This Is the difference between righteousness And evil.
truth

Perth, Australia

#444417 May 24, 2013
evil is always evil they will give you miracle like never before but nothing to do with your real Creator..evil can be nice too..
good too..much more..

now i am not care what you say..truly i am not to much care..no evil plus evil can't be two evil=one big evil as they prepare one big darkness..

now

do you need respect someone who destroy your life
nooooooo

you don't need respect not even love..

I don't asked anything from anyone
evil is some in past today as well future.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#444418 May 24, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you read what the pope said today?
I didn't, I just seen some quotes from about it. It looks like there is some hoopla about it. I don't know why, because God loves the Atheist equal as the Protestant Minister or Catholic Priest. If He didn't, He wouldn't be God.
There are many intangibles on why someone is Atheist. Were they forced into it behind the iron curtain or China? Did their parents raise them that way?
Only God can see into our souls.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 min Lyndi 176,829
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Lumatrix 837,350
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Epiphany2 612,151
sex (May '13) 1 hr vijay 156
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr lil whispers 2,390
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 271,278
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 1 hr David play boy 84
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 7 hr Rosa_Winkel 4,160
More from around the web