Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 595632 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#444379 May 23, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
If someone is so rapt up in their own salvation, then they can be self-centered, and selfish. And it is at times at least a beginning on a spiritual path.
I believe that lusting for eternal bliss is a dead end that results in nothing but greed.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#444380 May 23, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
The Hubble Constant, is pretty well fixed with WMAP, but the rate of expansion of empty space has not been established.
The scientific community has made it fairly clear, that empty space expands faster than the speed of light, thus physical observations on measuring the age of the universe are very, very, wrong.
If Einstein was correct, it is all illusion.

Theories are not about truth, they are about seeking truth.

Religion is theory.
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#444381 May 23, 2013
This heresy about the person of Christ was initiated by Nestorius, bishop of Constantinople, who denied Mary the title of Theotokos (Greek: "God-bearer" or, less literally, "Mother of God"). Nestorius claimed that she only bore Christ’s human nature in her womb, and proposed the alternative title Christotokos ("Christ-bearer" or "Mother of Christ").

Orthodox Catholic theologians recognized that Nestorius’s theory would fracture Christ into two separate persons (one human and one divine, joined in a sort of loose unity), only one of whom was in her womb.

The Church reacted in 431 with the Council of Ephesus, defining that Mary can be properly referred to as the Mother of God, not in the sense that she is older than God or the source of God, but in the sense that the person she carried in her womb was, in fact, God incarnate ("in the flesh").
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/the-great-here...

Vanderhoof, Canada

#444382 May 23, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
Father God Will Kill the Children of Sinners
"If even then you remain hostile toward me and refuse to obey, I will inflict you with seven more disasters for your sins. I will release wild animals that will kill your children and destroy your cattle...(Leviticus 26:21-22 NLT)
Old covenant or new...
... how much do you have to ignore about this imaginary god so you can respect it?
Is that really the morality of the Highest Power, the Biggest Brain in the Universe?
No, that's delusional.
They will never criticize their image of a god, as they are afraid he will cut them out of his will.

:)
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#444383 May 23, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Hojo - "Wrong!! it is you that only believes a portion of what Jesus teaches!"
- No I don't. If you say that I do, please post all of the teachings that I accept by Jesus.
Hojo: "I have confronted you about it more than once and you, as usual, you "ignore the words of Jesus Christ HIMSELF"
- No you haven't. All you have done is rant and rave how Jesus only taught what is in the NT - gospels ONLY ATTRIBUTED to individuals - whereas there is nothing by 'Jesus Christ HIMSELF".
You are lining a sheltered repetitive life. No wonder you won't believe in all of Jesus - you are trapped by men.
I understand that dismay. It makes you angry at almost everyone. I sympathize with you for your disenchantment.
No worries - astonishment is right around the corner - waiting for you to acknowledge it.
If I may use June as only example - she would be an example of how religion has caused someone to live a sheltered life for 70 years. And in the end - realize it was all :just in her mind"....as it is with everyone.
Breaking out in honesty is quite hard to do with so-called "Christians" - and you are no different.
Self.
I "broke out" (as you call it) after 35 years of being "mislead" by half-truth bible only Protestant Christianity, coming to the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FULLNESS of the FAITH in Jesus Christ, manifested in and through HIS historically and biblically PROVEN--One True Apostolic Catholic Church.... It is unfortunate, for you, that you New Age have become spiritually "blinded" to the Truth have have become a "victim of deceit" shackled in bondage from the Protestant Reformation in which heretics, hypocrites, bigots, false preachers,and deceivers of the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ, have "come and gone" for over 2000 years----YET---the One True Apostolic Catholic Church, established, founded and initiated by Jesus Christ HIMSELF----LIVES ON!!!---and will CONTINUE TO LIVE ON and to grow in the TRUE faith and Salvation of Christ until Our Lord returns for the 2nd time...... God Our Father continues to open His arms of forgiveness, reconciliation, and to the TRUE of His Salvation in Jesus Christ---- for you New Age, just as He did to the defiant and rebellious Prodigal Son in Luke 15:11 when he eventually "came to his senses"!!
Vote for Pedro

San Antonio, TX

#444384 May 23, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Vote for Pedro"
LTM said that Mary gave birth only the the flesh of Jesus. How can you separate what is the flesh of Jesus with what is his divinity? This was my original question to LTM. By her logic, the Divine Jesus, our Lord and Savior did not suffer on the cross, only his flesh did. You see where I'm coming from? Don't know where LTM is coming from, the Nestorius belief that Jesus' flesh can be separate from His divinity was settled centuries ago. That some people still come up with it is beyond common sense and understanding. I do understand that someone would want to lower Mary's status by saying that she only gave birth to Jesus' flesh, but you cannot, no matter how much you try, separate His flesh from His Divinity, it leaves too many questions unanswered, just like the simple one I asked.
Don't be mad bro. Jesus loves us all.
Pedro, Mary gave birth to Jesus. He was WHOLE, not a part person. But mothers nor fathers create the spirit/soul of their children. In fact, God calls them 'MY children'.
Mary didn't 'make' God; she carried Him while He was being clothed with flesh. You were a living spirit before you were planted in your mothers body...as we all were.
KayMarie
Ah, but we are not talking about Jesus' soul, we are talking about Jesus being the third person of the Holy Trinity. John 1:14 "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us". If Jesus is God the Son, how can you separate his flesh (the word) from Jesus being God?

Mary gave birth to God the Son. Yes or NO? Now if you and LTM say that she only gave birth to his flesh, well, the Bible clearly states that the "word" became flesh.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#444385 May 23, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Top 2 replies by catholics when they can't debate:
1 - Protestants have 40,000 different sections
2 - You are no authority on scripture
Debate what!!!! There is "nothing to debate", "nothing to discuss", and "nothing to deliberate"!! The TRUTH has, is and will continue to remain (as it has for over 2000 years) in the TRUE Faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ, manifested, confirmed and authenticated in and through His One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.
There is "only one" Truth---not 42,000 relative (opinionated, editorialized contradicting truths!..... This is (exactly why --THERE IS NOTHING TO DEBATE!!!
Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

#444386 May 23, 2013
“And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet color And Blue But they do not use the color blue because it represents the law.(official Vatican colors), and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls .

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#444387 May 23, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I've always been one for the truth and don't back down to the non-believers who come here with their lies. However, do keep your "love" to yourself. Life is hard enough.
I see. Your changing posts to recreate a lie or untrue effect from the words is what you call truth huh?

If you had any credible evidence for argument you would have no need to perpetrate such libel and slanderous acts.

>>>You are a liar and a deceiver<<<.

You practice the very behavior your satan espouses, and your deity hates.

Location hidden

#444388 May 23, 2013
Regina wrote:
This heresy about the person of Christ was initiated by Nestorius, bishop of Constantinople, who denied Mary the title of Theotokos (Greek: "God-bearer" or, less literally, "Mother of God"). Nestorius claimed that she only bore Christ’s human nature in her womb, and proposed the alternative title Christotokos ("Christ-bearer" or "Mother of Christ").
Orthodox Catholic theologians recognized that Nestorius’s theory would fracture Christ into two separate persons (one human and one divine, joined in a sort of loose unity), only one of whom was in her womb.
The Church reacted in 431 with the Council of Ephesus, defining that Mary can be properly referred to as the Mother of God, not in the sense that she is older than God or the source of God, but in the sense that the person she carried in her womb was, in fact, God incarnate ("in the flesh").
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/the-great-here...
Cathaholic propaganda.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#444389 May 23, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
All the world has observed your ONE TRULY APOSTATE RELIGIOUS SOCIETY,
Oh--you mean the world has observed (Jesus Christs) ONE TRUE APOSTOLIC CATHOLIC CHURCH that Our Lord gave to His apostles, disciples and TRUE followers over 2000 years ago. The same Church that continues to grow each and every year by over 1.5%(now to over 1.168 Billion Christians) in the TRUE FAITH and Salvation of Jesus Christ! The same one TRUE CHURCH that proclaims the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, each day at Daily Mass, in the Gospels, in the Eucharist (the true body and blood of Jesus HIMSELF, in the 7 Sacraments and in the 24 hours Adoration Prayer Chapel. Yes---without a doubt--that is the one TRUE CHURCH that you are referring to!
Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

#444390 May 23, 2013
A woman should not preach period for one they do not know what the hell they are talking about. and another Is I don't see it any where in the bible.
marge

Ames, IA

#444391 May 23, 2013
Have the Attitude of Christ

1Is there any encouragement from belonging to Christ? Any comfort from his love? Any fellowship together in the Spirit? Are your hearts tender and compassionate? 2Then make me truly happy by agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving one another, and working together with one mind and purpose.

3Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. 4Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.

5You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had.

6Though he was God,a

he did not think of equality with God

as something to cling to.

7Instead, he gave up his divine privilegesb;

he took the humble position of a slavec

and was born as a human being.

When he appeared in human form,d

8he humbled himself in obedience to God

and died a criminal’s death on a cross.
Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

#444392 May 23, 2013
I am telling you sheeple you do not understand the power satan has in deceiving you....Revelation 12/9 for some reason does this not pertain to you because your are special.

Location hidden

#444393 May 23, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
A woman should not preach period for one they do not know what the hell they are talking about. and another Is I don't see it any where in the bible.
Well, if Regina is any example, I could understand why...no moral dictates.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#444394 May 23, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
6Though he was God,
he did not think of equality with God
as something to cling to.
7Instead, he gave up his divine privileges;
he took the humble position of a slave
and was born as a human being.
When he appeared in human form,
8he humbled himself in obedience to God
and died a criminal’s death on a cross.
KJV...
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

NABre...
Who, though he was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God something to be grasped.
Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

#444395 May 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if Regina is any example, I could understand why...no moral dictates.
I agree she has no logic behind anything she say's.Only you got to be a good Christian the only thing I know is their are very few good Christians. most are the first ones to screw you screw your wife lie cheat rob you.....And go and ask forgiveness on sunday and start sinning on monday...
Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

#444396 May 23, 2013
Ok lets get this straight we know the roman catholick church is the beast!!!! but is it not all churches that follow the teachings of the roman church.....If so lots of people have been lied to.....

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#444397 May 23, 2013
Regina wrote:
See that you all follow the bishop, even as Jesus Christ does the Father, and the presbytery as you would the apostles; and reverence the deacons, as being the institution of God. Let no man do anything connected with the Church without the bishop. Let that be deemed a proper Eucharist, which is [administered] either by the bishop, or by one to whom he has entrusted it. Wherever the bishop shall appear, there let the multitude [of the people] also be; even as, wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. It is not lawful without the bishop either to baptize or to celebrate a love-feast; but whatsoever he shall approve of, that is also pleasing to God, so that everything that is done may be secure and valid.
St. Ignatius of Antioch, "Epistle to the Smyrnaeans," c. 105 A.D.
"The church of God that sojourns at Smyrna, to the church of God sojourning in Philomelium - and to all of the congregations of the holy and Catholic Church in every place." St. Polycarp, "The Martyrdom of St. Polycarp," c. 135 A.D.
"Our Lord Jesus Christ is the Savior of our souls, the Governor of our bodies, and the Shepherd of the Catholic Church throughout the world." St. Polycarp, "The Martyrdom Of St. Polycarp," c. 135 A.D.
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/resources/s...
NABre: Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

From your pope approved Bible...you are saying it is a farce...the pope is a dope for approving it!!!!

Location hidden

#444398 May 23, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
Ok lets get this straight we know the roman catholick church is the beast!!!! but is it not all churches that follow the teachings of the roman church.....If so lots of people have been lied to.....
That's about the size of it, isn't it?

How many do you think would actually start looking at their church's history and beyond all that quagmire of rhetoric to even find any semblance of "truth"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Aerobatty 853,044
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 13 min ChristineM 444,023
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 28 min Pegasus 272,023
Can a White Pride Group not be labeled a racist... (Apr '07) 2 hr UnderstandPeople 6,081
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Toby 100,620
Computer THREATS DISAPPEARING from Topix!: un F... 3 hr who 17
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr Student 40,679
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr truth 612,577
The Christian Atheist debate 5 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 726
More from around the web