Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665119 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#444609 May 24, 2013
who="Regina"
Or an imperfect sinner, as we all are. We're to strive for perfection, picking ourselves up and trying again with God's help each time we fall. It's more of a problem when we refuse to admit our sins and deliberately continue in them, i.e. bigoted and slanderous statements against Christ's church even after one has been corrected. But with repentence there's hope even for that soul. Rejection of God would be another "rule" one would be a Crazy Person to break.
:)

Your First Sentence: Grade A
Your Second Sentence: Grade A

Problem: What is Christ's church? I know that you will say that it is the Catholic church.

I respect the leaders that we have known in churches we have served, but all of them were men. Some were VERY GOOD men; some had problems. Some even failed. To say that mortal men are THE church of God, is to put too much 'faith' in mortal men. Christ is the head of His church, and no mortal man can be 'head' of that church, he can only serve it. The Holy Spirit directs the steps of righteous men as they serve in the church of God.

To question the teachings/practices of a group calling itself a church is NOT slanderous. To practice/teach false things IS slander against HIM.

KayMarie
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#444610 May 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Theologians were and are all power-seeking liars ... Catholics included.
That is quite a sweeping statement. Such broad generalizations can't be taken seriously.

Location hidden

#444611 May 24, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
OXBOW says.......The Word of God says: He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.[/
MICHAEL says.....Read and learn about religious beliefs from before 2,000 years ago?
....Ancient cultures all around the Mediterranean 2,500 - 3,000 years ago, shared standard ideas about Gods and their powers, and promises, and place in the universe, and that Christianity simply adopted those ideas from the past, and applied them to Jesus. Christianity was just a product of its time and place..........and that is the truth!
Its time you learned what was said lonnng before the Jesus story was told.
You are welcome to follow the teachings of the Ancient cultures...I will stay with the Sacred Holy Infallible Word of God...
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#444612 May 24, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you are not convinced. Of course the Jews of yesterday and today are all wrong.
That your belief based on pure emotion and an imaginary god, built on reworked Jewish holy books.
The historical fact is that for over 1000 years, the Jews knew that the term "Son of God" was not meant to be literally a god.
King David was described as "Son of God."
Was King David a God like Jesus? Of course not.
The fact that Jesus was accepted in Jewish holy places and was accepted as a teacher and prophet by Jews who were his first followers tells us he wasn't claiming to be a god. Jesus knew what "Son of Man" meant to the followers of his own religion.
It is your opinion that my belief is based on pure emotion and an imaginary god.
Opinion only. Otherwise prove it.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#444613 May 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
A Catholic receiving any words of worth from Jews, would be the teaching of Judaism ONLY!
I suggest that until you get THAT through your head, nothing else can enter.
Why are you so hung up on labeling people, pigeon-holing them, boxing them up? You can't get past the word "Jew" or "Catholic" or to see that people are more than the labels you call them.
And why are you so hung up on thinking God only loves certain people? Fine if you want to do that, but don't keep accusing other people of thinking that way when they don't.
Reminds me of the kid who was asked why he was crying and he replied "because I don't have anything to cry about!"

#444614 May 24, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
That really is the saddest part about it. Even Martin Luther saw that his philosophy had opened Pandora's box, unfortunately, it was too late. It seems to me that he and the other "reformers" opened some kind of demonic portal.
~~~

You wrote..

"It seems to me that he and the other "reformers" opened some kind of demonic portal."

Luther attempted to close up a demonic portal, but was limited

by his understanding as a Priest SINCE HE had been raised up in the Roman Catholic Church.

I have no doubt that God used Him to bring about a reform in Christianity ...but Luther could only work from the input he had learned...

His desire was honorable, yet tainted by his Roman Catholic background.

BUT...

TO GOD BE PRAISE...

Luther got the ball rolling that is responsible for

the salvation of countless seekers of truth, THAT WILL ARRIVE

IN HEAVEN... as opposed to the

ruthless domination AND EVIL of the Roman Catholics religious

society.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#444615 May 24, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I very seldom have a problem sleeping...
If the she fits you wear it...You have no need to take
responsibility for the sins of the Catholic (so called)
priest...that is unless you are one of them...
otherwise it is by association ..that you are involved..
Your sin would be in protecting them and giving your support to their evil, and condoning what they are/were involved in.
___
Isa 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
Isa 5:21 Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!
Isa 5:22 Woe unto them that are mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink:
Isa 5:23 Which justify the wicked for reward, and take away the righteousness of the righteous from him!
Isa 5:24 Therefore as the fire devoureth the stubble, and
the flame consumeth the chaff,
so their root shall be as rottenness, and
their blossom shall go up as dust:
because they have cast away the law of the LORD of hosts, and
despised the word of the Holy One of Israel.
"Judge not lest ye be judged"

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

Two bible verses that are obviously missing from your abridged version.

The truth is, a pentecostal preacher is more likely to be guilty of sexual abuse than a priest, but you're ignorant of the facts because "you don't use links".

"Their minds are clouded with darkness; the hardness of their hearts breeds in them an ignorance, which estranges them from the divine life; and so, in despair, they have given themselves up to incontinence, to selfish habits of impurity."
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#444616 May 24, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that you caught Regina not being honest with others.
The many Catholics on this forum seem to have these same tendencies.
They think they can spin a tale to the other posters, on their belief, in such a way, they beleive what they say and dispute any other possibility.
This is a sign of someone being brainwashed.
I guess we can attribute the same to how June used to be - with 70 years under her belt.
In essence, it is very hard to be honest with one's Self.
Christianity takes this to the extreme.
What is ironic is that they try to rpomote honesty while being deceptive about it [an "incomplete Jesus" reference].
What gives??
New Age Spiritual Leader:

You're painting with a broad brush some general descriptions.

As for me, I think it takes a lot of time to see the details, and get the big picture. Most people unfortunately don't have the time to look into and prioritize issues. So if they fall short of understanding everything, its not the end of all things.

Modern society has at best regressed into near total addiction in promoting its values. And we are all affected by this circumstance.
Preston

Athens, OH

#444617 May 24, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignatius
born around the year 50 AD
Recieved is episcopal consecration at the hands of the Apostles themselves.
is this the Iggie that catholc tradition states is the child that sat on the lap of Jesus? lol. you have no Biblical proof about this fellow in any way, shape, or form

Location hidden

#444618 May 24, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>two bad examples,wind you can feel,jesus you can't,electricity is real because we are using it right now,and if you ever been zapped by it, you know it's real.jesus ever power your pc? or give you a good jolt of pain through out your whole body?
How do you know it is wind...How do you know it is electricity......did someone teach you this knowledge?????
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#444619 May 24, 2013
who="Regina"
Or an imperfect sinner, as we all are. We're to strive for perfection, picking ourselves up and trying again with God's help each time we fall. It's more of a problem when we refuse to admit our sins and deliberately continue in them, i.e. bigoted and slanderous statements against Christ's church even after one has been corrected. But with repentence there's hope even for that soul. Rejection of God would be another "rule" one would be a Crazy Person to break.
:)
Your First Sentence: Grade A
Your Second Sentence: Grade A
Problem: What is Christ's church? I know that you will say that it is the Catholic church.
I respect the leaders that we have known in churches we have served, but all of them were men. Some were VERY GOOD men; some had problems. Some even failed. To say that mortal men are THE church of God, is to put too much 'faith' in mortal men. Christ is the head of His church, and no mortal man can be 'head' of that church, he can only serve it. The Holy Spirit directs the steps of righteous men as they serve in the church of God.
To question the teachings/practices of a group calling itself a church is NOT slanderous. To practice/teach false things IS slander against HIM.
KayMarie
So are you saying that the church is not made up of mortal men?

So it's just a building, then?

Location hidden

#444620 May 24, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>you were talking about god saying something and i asked how can you proved he said it and it went from there,you tried to duck,dodge and circle around my question because you have no true answer for it.
I answered that question...look again...you will see I said there is nothing in the Sacred Holy Infallible Word of God, to my knowledge, that is provable in a Court of Law.

Christianity is based on belief..the choice to believe or not believe is made by each individual...and that is what determines where each individual will spend eternity...
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#444621 May 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So those in other religions are esteemed by you more than you esteem your self???
I suggest you stop playing silly games and get real with your self.
You KNOW you value your own belief more than all other religious beliefs. You KNOW you believe Christianity is special to you.
You KNOW it ... or you wouldn't be a Christian.
June VanDerMark:

I think you took it a step to far for me. I was speaking about people. Esteem people better than yourself.

Your use of the phrase, "all other religions", is a bit overplayed.

Because I have a special identification with Christianity, does not mean that I do not esteem other people in different religions.
Rumi the Sufi, and Gandhi in Hinduism, both quite famous, and I esteem them, all others, including you.

It sort of puts me in a humbled position, which is where I prefer to be.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#444622 May 24, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote..
"It seems to me that he and the other "reformers" opened some kind of demonic portal."
Luther attempted to close up a demonic portal, but was limited
by his understanding as a Priest SINCE HE had been raised up in the Roman Catholic Church.
I have no doubt that God used Him to bring about a reform in Christianity ...but Luther could only work from the input he had learned...
His desire was honorable, yet tainted by his Roman Catholic background.
BUT...
TO GOD BE PRAISE...
Luther got the ball rolling that is responsible for
the salvation of countless seekers of truth, THAT WILL ARRIVE
IN HEAVEN... as opposed to the
ruthless domination AND EVIL of the Roman Catholics religious
society.
Luther and others got the ball rolling alright. And now you have over 42-43,000 different religions from it. Each one disagreeing with the others on major fundamental issues.
And a disturbing amount of "christians" who don't even believe that Jesus is God, which is the most basic tenet of Christianity.
That's what Luther can brag about since he unpoped himself and donned his own mitre and started handing out mitres to anyone else who decided they were smarter than the Apostles, all the Church Fathers, the Magesterium, and 1500 years of developed doctrine. Yes, mitres for everyone, even the dullest, least imaginative, unlearned, and near-illiterate clod-hoppin' hayseed.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#444623 May 24, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
St. John Cassian on the Signs of Pride
That we may shortly gather up what has been said of this species of pride, as far as we can we shall bring together certain of its signs, so that we may exhibit to those who thirst for instruction in the way of perfection some of the marks of it, so to speak, taken from the outward acts…
With roots of this passion thus laid bare and brought to the surface, seen plainly before our eyes and known for what they are, it will be more easily possible to tear them up, or to avoid them. For this deadly disease can be wholly averted when there is brought to bear against its fearful blasts and harmful onslaughts not a watchfulness that begins too late, namely, when it has already gained the ascendant,-but when, recognizing well its preliminary features, so to say, we come to meet it with far-sighted and wise discernment. For,… outward acts show the inner disposition of the man.
So, then, it is by these signs that this carnal pride of which we spoke is made manifest.
First, there is a loudness in the proud man’s talk, a bitterness in his silent moods;
when he is pleased, his laughter is loud and profuse;
when he is serious, he is gloomy beyond reason.
There is rancor in his replies to questions, glibness in his speech; his words break out unrestrained by any seriousness of heart. Of patience he knows nothing;
charity is a stranger to him;
he is bold in insulting others,
cowardly in bearing their insults.
He does not easily render obedience save where the thing commanded fits in with his own wish and desire.
He is not to be appeased when one admonishes him;
he is weak in curtailing his own wishes, very
stubborn when asked to yield to those of others.
He is always doing his best to establish his own opinions, but never ready to bow to those of anyone else.
In fine, although he is quite incapable of giving salutary counsel, he is always more ready to trust his own judgment than to that of the elders.
*Taken from Institues, Book XII, 29.
Hermeneutics Smutics:

There is no peace in the soul of one with pride.

#444624 May 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"
Two bible verses that are obviously missing from your abridged version.
The truth is, a pentecostal preacher is more likely to be guilty of sexual abuse than a priest, but you're ignorant of the facts because "you don't use links".
"Their minds are clouded with darkness; the hardness of their hearts breeds in them an ignorance, which estranges them from the divine life; and so, in despair, they have given themselves up to incontinence, to selfish habits of impurity."
~~~

YOU START OFF YOUR POST ... WITH ..

Then you proceed to judge all Pentecostal ministers...

I am not here to pretend that all (so called Pentecostal preachers are "kosher")

I am not here to confront them...

They are not the subject OF THIS FORUM ...

They with the exception of "THE UNITED. PENTECOSTAL'S " do not

claim to be THE ONE AND ONLY TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH...and I am

not affiliated with them.

The subject here is...last I read is...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Location hidden

#444626 May 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Two questions....
1... Why does it bother you if others who disagree with your beliefs can attain the same happiness in afterlife?
You seem to go for the more angry and vengeful God -- one who "lovingly" creates, while knowing all the time that over 95% of its own creation is to be punished for all eternity. There is only one way I can see that making sense to anyone.
2... Do you feel angry and vengeful sometimes?
The falsehood by the pope is revealed by Scripture: He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

God is more than loving...Ever hear of the wrath of God???

And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.

And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.

And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#444627 May 24, 2013
Preston wrote:
<quoted text>is this the Iggie that catholc tradition states is the child that sat on the lap of Jesus? lol. you have no Biblical proof about this fellow in any way, shape, or form
So nothing written about the early Church after the bible was completed is to be believed?

Did all the real Christians go into hiding for 1500 years?

Is it your position that the LACK of any evidence is more proof of the existence of the REAL believers (who believed as you do) than the volumes of REAL evidence of the early Catholic Church?

Since: Sep 09

Delta, Canada

#444628 May 24, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
That is quite a sweeping statement. Such broad generalizations can't be taken seriously.
Theologians ... whether the ones whose dogmas you idolize, or the ones whose dogmas other people idolize have no proof of the existence of god or goddesses ... and that is the truth.

Words written by the millions by ignorant theologians whose stories don't coincide with other stories of other theologians is not proof that men wrote words of truth.

Not even close.

When you insist that your god is real and other gods are false ... surely you can see that is simply the claims of a braggart.

If you can't, or won't ... there is something wrong with you.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#444629 May 24, 2013
<quoted text>
A decent Christian writes... "Esteem others better than yourself."
What percentage of Christians do you feel follow the Bible in that regard - with respect to others not of their denomination?
Religion A Delusion:

I suppose it takes a bit a discipline, practice, but most of all observing someone who esteems others more highly than themselves. It is a great prize to find someone to emulate, and we are most often driven by our own imaginings to go by.

Most often it seems people going to church appear to do so out of habit, to socialize, or to gain acceptance. But in that process, there may be some who find the discipline appealing, and a place to begin to practice charity.

I won't condemn anyone if they go, or don't go to church. If I did accuse someone, then I would be the biggest offender, on both sides.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Future of Politics in America 12 min Nohweh 179
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 16 min Unbannable 17
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 19 min Unbannable 87,867
Ever notice how MTV promotes interracial dating? (Jun '08) 55 min azari111 2
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 2 hr Truth-be-Told 446
Why east indians buy all the motels (Sep '09) 2 hr Enough is enough 42
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 2 hr Caesar 5
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr Pegasus 284,467
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 hr nanoanomaly 977,190
More from around the web