Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
428,421 - 428,440 of 538,882 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#444305 May 23, 2013
Noah's Ark story shows us something about God that is quite unsettling to any intelligent person who takes the time to consider his actions.

God senselessly murdered millions of humans and billions of animals in the flood.

How do we know it was senseless? Because "God" is supposed to be "all-knowing" and "all-powerful." If God were to exist, God would know what was coming when he created Adam and Eve. Therefore, God knew he would be murdering millions of people.

The flood is an atrocity of the highest order. It is mass murder on a global scale.

Think about it - By (supposedly) murdering nearly every human on the planet, the Christian God is far more heinous than Hitler.

No "loving" and "perfect" being can also be a mass-murderer bent of global genocide.

Yet Christians willfully worship him. Why?

If you are a Christian, I would ask you to simply look inside yourself today. Why would you accept a mass murderer into your life?

There are other examples where God displays these horrific tendencies toward mindless slaughter.

Why?

May the Force of the FSM be with You.
truth

Perth, Australia

#444306 May 23, 2013
is paul saul=devil start church
in matrix is evil is so long
Preston

Waverly, OH

#444307 May 23, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Just Sayin"
So Jesus had no soul/spirit while in Mary's womb?
If Jesus had no soul/spirit while in Mary's womb, then when did His spirit unite with His flesh?
Or are you saying Jesus never had a soul/spirit?
You are trying too hard. The Holy Spirit breathed God's Word into Mary. Her flesh clothed Him with a body of flesh. He was never without a soul/spirit.
Kay Marie
I disagree with your premise which is why I never answered her in the First place.no where in the Bible does it indicate that Jesus like man had a Soul nor a spirit like ours.
Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

#444308 May 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
If Jesus Christ started a Church, it would be the new Israel. Period. We're talking about God Himself made manifest, starting a Church. Israel does not supersede this Church. Israel would be second fiddle to this Church, because its founder is Christ. Make sense?
So obviously, you guys need to figure out what Church Jesus Christ started.
Now the onus is on you to prove (from scripture) that Christ didn't start an actual Church. Because if He did, it could ONLY be the Catholic Church.
The writings of the students of Peter, Paul, and John reveal that a CHURCH was indeed set up by them. You guys would be mortified if you understood how you're waging a war against the very Church Jesus Christ started AND promised to protect til the end. Hence, your battle is in vain; you can not win.
It never was A church It Was His House The House Of Yahweh the first one was In Able The second was in Telarad Israel.Then Jerusalem but there was two Jerusalems the one people think is the holy where the dome of the rock is...how ever it is not The true one is in Telarad Israel. The city of david.The world has no Ideal....
truth

Perth, Australia

#444309 May 23, 2013
i am still alive
ones implemented finish for ever
who will save you
which god
please tell meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

impact over many
Did you have poison rats fluoride in your pasta
which vaccine they give for you.
Do you trust your teachers as well doctors..
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#444310 May 23, 2013
Father God Will Kill the Children of Sinners

"If even then you remain hostile toward me and refuse to obey, I will inflict you with seven more disasters for your sins. I will release wild animals that will kill your children and destroy your cattle...(Leviticus 26:21-22 NLT)

Old covenant or new...

... how much do you have to ignore about this imaginary god so you can respect it?

Is that really the morality of the Highest Power, the Biggest Brain in the Universe?

No, that's delusional.

Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

#444311 May 23, 2013
Two Jerusalems their was one that the world knows The Ammonite Jerusalem that the world knows. and one called the Jerusalem for the jebusites mount zion is in telarad israel.

Like I said the whole world is deceived. It's All been a giant hoaxed played on even the people of Israel.
truth

Perth, Australia

#444312 May 23, 2013
in next life i will be where
killed or slathered under altar
is that delusion
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#444313 May 23, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
Noah's Ark story shows us something about God that is quite unsettling to any intelligent person who takes the time to consider his actions.
God senselessly murdered millions of humans and billions of animals in the flood.
How do we know it was senseless? Because "God" is supposed to be "all-knowing" and "all-powerful." If God were to exist, God would know what was coming when he created Adam and Eve. Therefore, God knew he would be murdering millions of people.
The flood is an atrocity of the highest order. It is mass murder on a global scale.
Think about it - By (supposedly) murdering nearly every human on the planet, the Christian God is far more heinous than Hitler.
No "loving" and "perfect" being can also be a mass-murderer bent of global genocide.
Yet Christians willfully worship him. Why?
If you are a Christian, I would ask you to simply look inside yourself today. Why would you accept a mass murderer into your life?
There are other examples where God displays these horrific tendencies toward mindless slaughter.
Why?
May the Force of the FSM be with You.
Like today the days of Noah were very evil,
God always warned people what was going to happen if they didn't repent.
Like today people mocked and made fun of God and His people .
Noah warned them over and over, they thought he was a nut.
Just like the people of today. who have been warned over and over.

Luke 17:
The Coming of the Kingdom

20 Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said,“The kingdom of God does not come with observation; 21 nor will they say,‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’[d] For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.”

22 Then He said to the disciples,“The days will come when you will desire to see one of the days of the Son of Man, and you will not see it. 23 And they will say to you,‘Look here!’ or ‘Look there!’[e] Do not go after them or follow them. 24 For as the lightning that flashes out of one part under heaven shines to the other part under heaven, so also the Son of Man will be in His day. 25 But first He must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation. 26 And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: 27 They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all. 28 Likewise as it was also in the days of Lot: They ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built; 29 but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all. 30 Even so will it be in the day when the Son of Man is revealed
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#444314 May 23, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
AMEN
JESUS IS SALVATION IN HEBREW THE OLD TESTAMENT
H3444
&#1497;&#1513;&#14 73;&#1493;&#1468;& #1506;&#1492;
yeshu&#770;&#8219;a &#770;h
yesh-oo'-aw
Feminine passive participle of H3467; something saved, that is,(abstractly) deliverance; hence aid, victory, prosperity:- deliverance, health, help (-ing), salvation, save, saving (health), welfare.
_____
IN THE NEW TESTAMENT
Act_4:12 Neither is there salvation
SALVATION DEFINED
G4991
&#963;&#969;&#964; &#951;&#961;&#953; &#769;&#945;
so&#772;te&#772;ria
so-tay-ree'-ah
Feminine of a derivative of G4990 as (properly abstract) noun; rescue or safety (physically or morally):- deliver, health, salvation, save, saving.
in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Amen

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#444315 May 23, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
What she's saying is that she doesn't believe Jesus is God. She believes His divinity is separate from His humanity. It's one of several ancient heresies that have been revived by the protestant evangelical fundamentalists in the last several years. Before the reformation, when all Christians were Catholic, this kind of nonsense was unheard of. Actually, it was unheard of even after the reformation. The garbage they spew against God is pretty recent. Of course, that makes sense since each of their many, many sects have been recently formed. For instance, the pentecostal cult is only about 70 years old.
As far as LTM goes, her beliefs change by the day. Most of what she says is contrary to Christian teaching.
----------

Before the reformation, when all Christians were Catholic, this kind of nonsense was unheard of.

That is one of the most uneducated and ignorant statements I have ever seen on this thread.
Purely brainwashed rhetoric.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#444316 May 23, 2013
Preston wrote:
<quoted text>Not Hardly, I belong to a Holiness organization, and to help you out, I believe in a Second Definite Work of Grace.ie: Baptism with the Holy Ghost
Amen
Clay

Chicago, IL

#444317 May 23, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
<quoted text>It never was A church It Was His House The House Of Yahweh the first one was In Able The second was in Telarad Israel.Then Jerusalem but there was two Jerusalems the one people think is the holy where the dome of the rock is...how ever it is not The true one is in Telarad Israel. The city of david.The world has no Ideal....
Ok, BUT the writings of the first Christians who knew the Apostles, reveal a CHURCH. And the NT written by the Apostles, also reveal a CHURCH...albeit one can (and all of you do) scramble the verses to indicate otherwise.

So if Jesus Christ started an actual Church, then it replaces Israel because, he's God made manifest.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#444318 May 23, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Next to "confrinting", I believe.
You lack charity, Kay.
If Mary is God's Mother, who is God's Father??

God was before Mary , she can't be God's child and His Mother.
She isn't the Holy Spirits spouse. She was married to Joseph.
truth

Perth, Australia

#444319 May 23, 2013
you make me sick..did you know that..

i will asked now assistance for my secrets
develop my weapons
only 3x symbol
with two diagram
then we will see

Location hidden

#444320 May 23, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Because baptism removes the stain of original sin. Baby did nothing to earn original sin and therefore doesn't need to do anything to be free from it.
In the OT, to enter into the old covenant with God and become one of God's chosen people, the male babies were circumcised at day 7 or 8. It was by the faith of his parents that he became part of the people, not by his own understanding of the Jewish laws and customs. Then as the boy grew up, he learned about the Jewish laws he was expected to obey.
Same with the NT covenant. Only now, the sign of the new covenant is baptism since that's how we become God's children.
So you are saying that a baby is not one of Gods children until it is baptized, as that is how it is "baptism since that's how we become God's children".
Yet baptism is the washing away of sins.--but you said the baby was sinless, and there was no original sin.
That's one heck of a contradiction by the whole process of the church then.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#444321 May 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think, actually, he did. It was one of his pet peeves. The pharisees.
Boastful outward "holy" appearance of a not so holy wannabe god.
He didn't need to mention any specific names to those who had eyes to see or ears to hear.
You are right.

Jesus spoke out against Judaism in some ways.

Now if Judaism is the basis of Christianity, then Christianity is not what Jesus would have promoted either.

Jesus taught of the Spirit.

It is pretty simple to realize - if one were to combine all of his teachings together.

The book, "The Lost Gospel of Q...." shows the basic history of how Jesus' teachings were accumulated, but then moves the study into the 20th century, showing how the discovery of different "layers" are actually embedded in his teachings.

It really is a great read and really gives an insight into the context of what Jesus taught. Overall - the Spirit ["Self"].

http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Gospel-Book-Christ...

Albuquerque, NM

#444322 May 23, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
Father God Will Kill the Children of Sinners
"If even then you remain hostile toward me and refuse to obey, I will inflict you with seven more disasters for your sins. I will release wild animals that will kill your children and destroy your cattle...(Leviticus 26:21-22 NLT)
Old covenant or new...
... how much do you have to ignore about this imaginary god so you can respect it?
Is that really the morality of the Highest Power, the Biggest Brain in the Universe?
No, that's delusional.
I wonder if it is a "sanctity" thing that they can't get understand?

Location hidden

#444323 May 23, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I can see how you could think this.
How do you think the CC twisted the Jew's Holy Book?
Did you not just make the statement that Jesus was the son of David?
That, in itself is completely contrary to the Jewish teachings, and the usurpation of the lineage of David held in t Jewish tradition.
In all honesty-Theft.

Albuquerque, NM

#444324 May 23, 2013
truth wrote:
you make me sick..did you know that..
i will asked now assistance for my secrets
develop my weapons
only 3x symbol
with two diagram
then we will see
You are starting to sound like a "terrorist".

You may want to think a little bit more of what you write, BEFORE you write it.

Cheers!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min Jim Justice 117,963
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 732,868
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min New Age Spiritual... 226,310
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 7 min Neelakaran 5,311
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 min Seraphima 599,869
Last Word + 2 15 min Doug77 497
Jilat ketiak!! apa komen anda? (Aug '10) 17 min 48 fans 16
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 27 min Charlie Sheen 257,910
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 27 min dduttonnc 94,663
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••