Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
428,241 - 428,260 of 533,566 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Religion A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They all believe that a god exists to serve THEM and their creeds.
Pathetic!
I think you have a point.

Maybe not for them alone, but they all seem to think god exists for people who think just like them.

In short, every image of god put forth here is an exclusionary god -- the ones not like the believer are excluded from the goodies.

Imagine, the greatest mind ever and it only cares about a certain small class of small-minded humans!

That's absurd. If I were that god, I'd boil them just like the real God was boiled for our sins.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides, under the false teaching of sola scripture, I'm as much entitled to my opinion as you. And you can't do anything about it because you're no authority on sacred scripture.
I proved to you that Mary would make as much sense as Israel in Johns prophecy. Dr. Scott Hahn - a Biblical expert beyond you or any other self proclaimed authority - argues that its Mary AND the Catholic Church (the new Israel)
If the Church is the new Israel, then you're in trouble, because you ain't in it, and you go through great trouble to trash it.
~~~

You need to study the Bible.

and cease your profane and vain babblings!

The Bible says

2Ti 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

2Ti 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

(that is if you have one)

By Your rambling.... you prove.... how little you know about

God's word...

Why is it that you cannot stay focused on TRUTH,instead of FABLES .

Zec 12:8 In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them.

Zec 12:9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

Zec 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David,

and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem,

the spirit of grace and of supplications: and

they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and

they shall mourn for him,

as one mourneth for his only son, and

shall be in bitterness for him,

as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

~~~~~~~

Luk_6:39 And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch?
Religion A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

"In the homily to his morning Mass Wednesday, Pope Francis said that Christians must stop perpetuating narrow definitions of 'good' and embrace atheists as God does - for the work they do to make the world a better place... "

First the Pope kisses the Koran. Now another Pope is embracing Atheists.

I am only an Agnostic, but I hope to be loved and embraced by CC followers here ASAP.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I guess you believe that Joseph Mary and Jesus flew out of Bethlehem in an airplane and their flight landed in Egypt and Pointius was the Pilate..
Right?
Fables seem to be your forte
Why is it that it is always the protestants trying to tell Catholics what they, the Catholics, believe, and always getting it wrong?
Religion A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
CC does not teach that people earn God's grace.
As I posted yesterday, the salvation process begins with the gift of God's grace which convicts the sinner and prompts repentance. The person can choose to accept God's forgiveness and help to become more Christlike or they can reject God.
Jesus made atonement for sin and damnation and provided a perennial source of spiritual strength which aids people in their constant struggle against darkness and spiritual laziness.
At any time, a person can choose to reject God's graces and fall back into the swamp of sin and spiritual decay. Everyday everyone is tempted to do just that. So everyday we need God's graces, not just one time.
How do we receive God's graces? Through the Sacraments primarily, and also through prayer and through studying the word. Doing acts of charity help the individual and the community/world at large become part of the solution to this broken world. Our good deeds help us become better people which weakens sins attraction to us so that we sin less as we go along and are less likely to make the fatal mistake of dying in a state of rejecting God. Make sense?
In the Bible, the Christian life is compared to a race where one must hold fast to the end.
How can a person choose "correctly" if he or she never had your god's dogma drilled into their heads?
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
As I posted yesterday, the salvation process begins with the gift of God's grace which convicts the sinner and prompts repentance.
And how does this work for a 3 month old baby?
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit
3 persons one God.
Mary Gave birth to Jesus the flesh ,but not Jesus who is God.
God is a Spirit, Mary could not have give birth to God the Holy Spirit because a spirit has no flesh.
God used Mary to come to earth in human flesh (Jesus) and walked among us.
Jesus is and was always God, and will also be God.
what is born of the Spirit is spirit
what is born of the flesh is flesh
So Jesus had no soul/spirit while in Mary's womb?

If Jesus had no soul/spirit while in Mary's womb, then when did His spirit unite with His flesh?

Or are you saying Jesus never had a soul/spirit?
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
CC does not teach that people earn God's grace.
As I posted yesterday, the salvation process begins with the gift of God's grace which convicts the sinner and prompts repentance. The person can choose to accept God's forgiveness and help to become more Christlike or they can reject God.
Jesus made atonement for sin and damnation and provided a perennial source of spiritual strength which aids people in their constant struggle against darkness and spiritual laziness.
At any time, a person can choose to reject God's graces and fall back into the swamp of sin and spiritual decay. Everyday everyone is tempted to do just that. So everyday we need God's graces, not just one time.
How do we receive God's graces? Through the Sacraments primarily, and also through prayer and through studying the word. Doing acts of charity help the individual and the community/world at large become part of the solution to this broken world. Our good deeds help us become better people which weakens sins attraction to us so that we sin less as we go along and are less likely to make the fatal mistake of dying in a state of rejecting God. Make sense?
In the Bible, the Christian life is compared to a race where one must hold fast to the end.
You said: Our good deeds help us become better people which weakens sins attraction to us so that we sin less as we go along and are less likely to make the fatal mistake of dying in a state of rejecting God. Make sense?

*It did when I was a catholic but no, not now.

**The only thing that can help with our attraction to sin is Jesus Christ.

**and you say our good deeds can weaken sins attraction to us. Goodnite Just Sayin...what the heck are they teaching you!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

Okay - explain to me where this "absolute truth" resides or exists.
If it outside an apart from humans, how is it that you are able to access what you think it is?
Still being honest is critical at this stage of the discussion.
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolute Truth is the unchanging nature of God. We are able to know about it because God has revealed it to us.
How? Do you have a secret decoder ring that I didn't receive?

How do you quantify certain fallible men as part of this, when they are indeed fallible? Unless you think "God" inspired only a handful of men many centuries ago and has not inspired others since?

Please post the citation that shows "God" has revealed to us, "absolute truth".
- I'm not sure you really understand the discussion, because "God", as per your Bible, hasn't been seen by anyone since - supposedly the OT.
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Some might say, no, truth is relative. I have my truth and you have your truth, but your truth is not my truth.
True. It is relative to our subjective minds.

BTW - that would be Self - not "God".

One could then say - Self is absolute.
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
The question is then, is this absolutely true?
Yes - Self.
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it absolutely true that each person has their own truth?
Yes - Self again.

You do understand that anything you or anyone does - is by a choice made in their mind. Not "God".

If you employ "God" into this, then you have taken away free will.

I highly doubt "God" has any control over my actions. If "He" does, then It is unknown to me and everyone else. This same action applies to everyone.

Just to keep you honest - Please post the citation that shows "God" has revealed to us, "absolute truth".

Why you are at it, as you seem to have a first-hand account of "God" that no one else has, answer me this - because no one else has....
- Where has "God" stated that a specific religion is heresy?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit
Then I guess we can add....
- God the human
- God the Sun
- God the Moon
- God the God
:o)
Afterall - "God" created everything....so that makes everything as part of "God".
Pfhew! Glad we cleared that up!
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
G_O_D wrote:
I just try to follow what Jesus said.
<quoted text>
Hojo, stop lying - you only ADMITTINGLY believe in a portion of his teachings.
Wrong!! it is you that only believes a portion of what Jesus teaches! I have confronted you about it more than once and you, as usual, you "ignore the words of Jesus Christ HIMSELF" that confirms (in the bible and throughout centuries of TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH HISTORY, regarding what the Catholic Church has believed and taught for over 2000 years. Lets (again) begin with Matthew 16:13-21 regarding Jesus Christs (OWN SPOKEN WORDS) regarding His One True (Universal-Catholic) Church. Then how about John 6:47-59 regarding the Eucharist (AGAIN --JESUS' OWN SPOKEN WORDS)(JESUS' own TRUE body and TRUE blood) "for unless you eat my body (which is real food) and drink my blood (which is real drink) YOU CANNOT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE. The One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church,(historically and biblically proven) has, is and will continue to proclaim, preach and acknowledge the TRUE Gospel and the TRUE EXPRESSED WORDS of Jesus Christ as they have for over 2000 years!!!!
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, are there Bible verses that say she does?
I didn't think Mary appeared in the Bible much at all.
Mary is in the Bible a surprising amount, beginning the OT.
Catholics don't rely solely on the Bible to understand their Christian heritage and faith. So it is not a big deal that there is not a Bible verse that says:
"Mary is in heaven and can hear your prayer."
Most protestants won't believe anything that is not explicitely and clearly stated in the Bible. So, I was just asking for Biblical proof that Mary is not in heaven and can't hear us.
(Since protestant religion is Bible alone and nothing else.)
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I guess you believe that Joseph Mary and Jesus flew out of Bethlehem in an airplane and their flight landed in Egypt and Pointius was the Pilate..
Right?
Fables seem to be your forte
Your statement here is about as ridiculous as saying that you Protestants found a copy of the bible on the Road to Amameus, and Cleopus was the one who was walking with you--confirming it!!(which you probably believe anyway)!!!
EndTimeFalseProp het

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

1st Ever STATUE of Pope FRANCIS UNVEILED

http://youtu.be/3d5Ljd6GrFA

Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

"In the homily to his morning Mass Wednesday, Pope Francis said that Christians must stop perpetuating narrow definitions of 'good' and embrace atheists as God does - for the work they do to make the world a better place... "
I am only an Agnostic, but I hope to be loved and embraced by CC followers here ASAP.
hugs Religion A Delusion
I had to laugh at your comment about ending prayer to the noodle monster with "ramen."

(I'm pretty sure that was you, anyway.)

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

LOL

Funny - IMO - the only "love" I've felt, has come from non-Christians.

And now the Catholics are to embrace other beliefs?
- "Hard-line Christians/Catholics" - uh-uh.
- "New Age Christians/Catholics" - uhm - when?
- any "Christian" - I'll believe it when I see it occurring

I find it hard to reconcile they will, because they can't even accept what Jesus taught, yet should accept people for what they personally believe?
- Damn that Pope is making a leap of faith that most Catholics find horrendous or unable to do.

.....that's what you-u-u g-e-e-t-t!!.....when you place men in charge of defining "God".

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it that it is always the protestants trying to tell Catholics what they, the Catholics, believe, and always getting it wrong?
There is no foundation

for Catholicism in the scriptures....In the

Old or New Testament....

Peter was a Jew...sent to the Jews... THE Circumcision...

The Apostle Paul wrote...PAUL WAS SENT TO THE GENTILES...

READ IT FOR YOURSELF!

Gal_2:9 And when James,(the brother of Jesus) Cephas/PETER, and John, who seemed to be pillars,

perceived the grace that was given unto me,

they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship;

that we should go unto the heathen/GENTILES

and they unto the circumcision/JEWS.

~~~

Jesus is the Rock of our salvation.. PETER DOES NOT QUALIFY

Psa 95:1 O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.

Psa 95:2 Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.

Psa 95:3 For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it that Catholics can't accept what others say or believe, all the while never accepting these beliefs?
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
How can a person choose "correctly" if he or she never had your god's dogma drilled into their heads?
If so, then they can follow the moral compass that is part of everyone's conscience.
God will deal with them with fairness I am sure.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
So Jesus had no soul/spirit while in Mary's womb?
If Jesus had no soul/spirit while in Mary's womb, then when did His spirit unite with His flesh?
Or are you saying Jesus never had a soul/spirit?
Confusing, huh?

Christianity will always be confused, until they realize that what is used is incomplete.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

373 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 3 min Nice_girl 434
00971569470225 Body to body massage in Abudhabi 3 min Nancy 0563308466 20
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Buck Crick 224,618
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 10 min KIpetesayKEGOut 115,609
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min It aint necessarily so 722,133
Emmasturbate ...okay so what does this word mea... (May '13) 33 min Vendzilla 148
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 46 min GOLTI 4,911
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Commander Bunny 256,963
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 8 hr nightgown 123
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 12 hr reree 86
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••