Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the Jul 10, 2007, CBC News story titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#444138 May 23, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
"In the homily to his morning Mass Wednesday, Pope Francis said that Christians must stop perpetuating narrow definitions of 'good' and embrace atheists as God does - for the work they do to make the world a better place... "
First the Pope kisses the Koran. Now another Pope is embracing Atheists.
I am only an Agnostic, but I hope to be loved and embraced by CC followers here ASAP.
hugs Religion A Delusion
I had to laugh at your comment about ending prayer to the noodle monster with "ramen."

(I'm pretty sure that was you, anyway.)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#444139 May 23, 2013
"In the homily to his morning Mass Wednesday, Pope Francis said that Christians must stop perpetuating narrow definitions of 'good' and embrace atheists as God does - for the work they do to make the world a better place... "
First the Pope kisses the Koran. Now another Pope is embracing Atheists.
I am only an Agnostic, but I hope to be loved and embraced by CC followers here ASAP.
LOL

Funny - IMO - the only "love" I've felt, has come from non-Christians.

And now the Catholics are to embrace other beliefs?
- "Hard-line Christians/Catholics" - uh-uh.
- "New Age Christians/Catholics" - uhm - when?
- any "Christian" - I'll believe it when I see it occurring

I find it hard to reconcile they will, because they can't even accept what Jesus taught, yet should accept people for what they personally believe?
- Damn that Pope is making a leap of faith that most Catholics find horrendous or unable to do.

.....that's what you-u-u g-e-e-t-t!!.....when you place men in charge of defining "God".

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#444140 May 23, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it that it is always the protestants trying to tell Catholics what they, the Catholics, believe, and always getting it wrong?
There is no foundation

for Catholicism in the scriptures....In the

Old or New Testament....

Peter was a Jew...sent to the Jews... THE Circumcision...

The Apostle Paul wrote...PAUL WAS SENT TO THE GENTILES...

READ IT FOR YOURSELF!

Gal_2:9 And when James,(the brother of Jesus) Cephas/PETER, and John, who seemed to be pillars,

perceived the grace that was given unto me,

they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship;

that we should go unto the heathen/GENTILES

and they unto the circumcision/JEWS.

~~~

Jesus is the Rock of our salvation.. PETER DOES NOT QUALIFY

Psa 95:1 O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.

Psa 95:2 Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.

Psa 95:3 For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods.

Albuquerque, NM

#444141 May 23, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it that it is always the protestants trying to tell Catholics what they, the Catholics, believe, and always getting it wrong?
Why is it that Catholics can't accept what others say or believe, all the while never accepting these beliefs?
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#444142 May 23, 2013
<quoted text>
How can a person choose "correctly" if he or she never had your god's dogma drilled into their heads?
If so, then they can follow the moral compass that is part of everyone's conscience.
God will deal with them with fairness I am sure.

Albuquerque, NM

#444143 May 23, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
So Jesus had no soul/spirit while in Mary's womb?
If Jesus had no soul/spirit while in Mary's womb, then when did His spirit unite with His flesh?
Or are you saying Jesus never had a soul/spirit?
Confusing, huh?

Christianity will always be confused, until they realize that what is used is incomplete.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#444144 May 23, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
And how does this work for a 3 month old baby?
3 month old baby is without personal sin. Nothing to repent from.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#444145 May 23, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
3 month old baby is without personal sin. Nothing to repent from.
But that is the start of the salvation process...correct?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#444146 May 23, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your statement here is about as ridiculous as saying that you Protestants found a copy of the bible on the Road to Amameus, and Cleopus was the one who was walking with you--confirming it!!(which you probably believe anyway)!!!
~~~~

Not to mention THE SMALLEST INSECT MENTIONED IN THE BIBLE

Pro_28:1 "The wicked FLEA" when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion.
Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

#444147 May 23, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Yahchanan" you are a sick one marge you watched some interviews of believers in the Oklahoma tornado god lifted them up he is good if he is so good why was their even a tornado to began with.what you are saying is he is good because he is killing people and these are some of the same believers that rebuilt and got blown away again i call that stupid.You are a true brainwashed pos and you may be right your god may do that but my heavenly father Yahweh would never do such a thing.that was of satan....and the cheap ass state of oklahoma for not providing shelters for those poor children.oh my word lady you are sick.....and you could never keep ten commandments much less 613.....no wonder you run from them.
The devil is still at work in this world; especially when God's people fail to pray and obey Him. When the devil does attack, as he did in OK, GOD STILL DELIVERS THOSE WHO TRUST HIM.
Two thousand houses were destroyed with amazingly little loss of life. THAT was the hand of God.
KM
You can look at it anyway you want that is your right.
Preston

Waverly, OH

#444148 May 23, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps it refers to the Holy Family's flight into Egypt.
this argument from you catholics was settled some time ago on this forum. Egypt WAS NEVER considered "Wilderness" rather it always was spiritually considered "sin". why don't you act like you have some intelligence instead of asking stupid and ignorant questions?

Albuquerque, NM

#444149 May 23, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong!! it is you that only believes a portion of what Jesus teaches! I have confronted you about it more than once and you, as usual, you "ignore the words of Jesus Christ HIMSELF" that confirms (in the bible and throughout centuries of TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH HISTORY, regarding what the Catholic Church has believed and taught for over 2000 years. Lets (again) begin with Matthew 16:13-21 regarding Jesus Christs (OWN SPOKEN WORDS) regarding His One True (Universal-Catholic) Church. Then how about John 6:47-59 regarding the Eucharist (AGAIN --JESUS' OWN SPOKEN WORDS)(JESUS' own TRUE body and TRUE blood) "for unless you eat my body (which is real food) and drink my blood (which is real drink) YOU CANNOT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE. The One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church,(historically and biblically proven) has, is and will continue to proclaim, preach and acknowledge the TRUE Gospel and the TRUE EXPRESSED WORDS of Jesus Christ as they have for over 2000 years!!!!
Hojo - "Wrong!! it is you that only believes a portion of what Jesus teaches!"
- No I don't. If you say that I do, please post all of the teachings that I accept by Jesus.

Hojo: "I have confronted you about it more than once and you, as usual, you "ignore the words of Jesus Christ HIMSELF"
- No you haven't. All you have done is rant and rave how Jesus only taught what is in the NT - gospels ONLY ATTRIBUTED to individuals - whereas there is nothing by 'Jesus Christ HIMSELF".

You are lining a sheltered repetitive life. No wonder you won't believe in all of Jesus - you are trapped by men.

I understand that dismay. It makes you angry at almost everyone. I sympathize with you for your disenchantment.

No worries - astonishment is right around the corner - waiting for you to acknowledge it.

If I may use June as only example - she would be an example of how religion has caused someone to live a sheltered life for 70 years. And in the end - realize it was all :just in her mind"....as it is with everyone.

Breaking out in honesty is quite hard to do with so-called "Christians" - and you are no different.

Self.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#444150 May 23, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps it refers to the Holy Family's flight into Egypt.
If you don't know what the verse means, how do you know the woman in Revelation 12 is Mary?
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#444151 May 23, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Okay - explain to me where this "absolute truth" resides or exists.
If it outside an apart from humans, how is it that you are able to access what you think it is?
Still being honest is critical at this stage of the discussion.
<quoted text>
How? Do you have a secret decoder ring that I didn't receive?
How do you quantify certain fallible men as part of this, when they are indeed fallible? Unless you think "God" inspired only a handful of men many centuries ago and has not inspired others since?
Please post the citation that shows "God" has revealed to us, "absolute truth".
- I'm not sure you really understand the discussion, because "God", as per your Bible, hasn't been seen by anyone since - supposedly the OT.
<quoted text>
True. It is relative to our subjective minds.
BTW - that would be Self - not "God".
One could then say - Self is absolute.
<quoted text>
Yes - Self.
<quoted text>
Yes - Self again.
You do understand that anything you or anyone does - is by a choice made in their mind. Not "God".
If you employ "God" into this, then you have taken away free will.
I highly doubt "God" has any control over my actions. If "He" does, then It is unknown to me and everyone else. This same action applies to everyone.
Just to keep you honest - Please post the citation that shows "God" has revealed to us, "absolute truth".
Why you are at it, as you seem to have a first-hand account of "God" that no one else has, answer me this - because no one else has....
- Where has "God" stated that a specific religion is heresy?
So if something is absolutely true, then there is a such thing as absolute truth. Something unchanging and existing outside of mankinds minds. Something that exists outside of the universe since it is not tangible and is not an object in said universe.

No, I didn't get that from a secret decoder ring. And no, I don't have some special exclusive knowledge of God. I have read many books by folks much more enlightened than I and have learned from them.

Your other questions, I believe I have already answered.
truth

Perth, Australia

#444152 May 23, 2013
Did you set up accident for my car?

Which fiction color your teacher give?
Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

#444153 May 23, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
'For the person who keeps all of the laws except one is as guilty as a person who has broken all of God's laws.'
Now what you going to do turtleman?
For one nothing. You have already showed me you are brainwashed And yes if you break one you have broke them all But you can not keep them all because it would be against the governments laws. And go to jail You keep justifying what is right in your mind.as I said you can not keep ten laws much less 613 how much pork did you eat today when was the last time you kept the sabbath of his feast days. that's what i thought....

And Yahshua said I have not come to destroy the law but to establish the law.
Vote for Pedro

San Antonio, TX

#444154 May 23, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit
3 persons one God.
Mary Gave birth to Jesus the flesh ,but not Jesus who is God.
God is a Spirit, Mary could not have give birth to God the Holy Spirit because a spirit has no flesh.
God used Mary to come to earth in human flesh (Jesus) and walked among us.
Jesus is and was always God, and will also be God.
what is born of the Spirit is spirit
what is born of the flesh is flesh
Why you mad bro? By your logic, we can say that Jesus (divine) did not suffer for our sins on the cross. By your logic, it was Jesus (flesh) that suffered for us. Gee, I wonder why his whole body and soul were resurrected? When did they come together to become body(flesh) and soul(divine)? It makes no sense that you believe that there are 3 persons in one God and then in the next breath say that Jesus' flesh was separate from His divinity.
truth

Perth, Australia

#444155 May 23, 2013
From car become rac=arc..did you have your insurance for car..did they pay?

Which name they claim?

'Don't used holy name in vain!'
truth

Perth, Australia

#444156 May 23, 2013
Clay

Chicago, IL

#444157 May 23, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
This was your post yesterday to me Clay:
Clay said, "What a phony. Even us Catholics would never deny that anyone of you born agains experienced the Holy Spirit upon your alter call. After all, God is infinite love and mercy".
**Now compare the one from today with the one from yesterday. Seems like you're a liar Clay. Get over to your priest and confess...lol
Just because you experience the Holy Spirit at your alter call does not give you the keys (pun intended) to be an authority on sacred scripture. I'm sorry you thought it did. But I'm sure you're smart enough to look around and see the 40,000 different sects who thought the same thing.

BTW, there are two prominent Evangelical Born Again communities in the Twin Cities who teach different 'dogma' on the nature of God. More on that later.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 7 min janeebee 3,448
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min River Tam 828,457
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 46 min MUQ2 40,144
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 51 min MUQ2 225
john wayne was gay (Nov '07) 1 hr who 232
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr RADEKT 270,662
Gay sex in kanpur 1 hr ajay 18
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr lightbeamrider 611,847
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 hr duststorm 442,863
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 hr karvinman 176,528