Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654539 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#444360 May 23, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
If Mary is God's Mother, who is God's Father??
God was before Mary , she can't be God's child and His Mother.
She isn't the Holy Spirits spouse. She was married to Joseph.
No she wasn't. She was 12-14 years old and "betrothed" to Joseph.
Do you know what that word means? "bethrothed"
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#444361 May 23, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
The catholic doctrine polluted the teachings of Jesus,
With false teachers and false prophets.
And traditions of man made rituals .
They worship God with their lips , but their heart is far from Him
You deny the Incarnation. Therefore, you are not a Christian.
Your warped opinion and lies mean nothing to me.
Vote for Pedro

United States

#444362 May 23, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Vote for Pedro"
Why you mad bro? By your logic, we can say that Jesus (divine) did not suffer for our sins on the cross. By your logic, it was Jesus (flesh) that suffered for us. Gee, I wonder why his whole body and soul were resurrected? When did they come together to become body(flesh) and soul(divine)? It makes no sense that you believe that there are 3 persons in one God and then in the next breath say that Jesus' flesh was separate from His divinity.
Pedro, when your tooth aches, your whole body aches, and your spirit/soul feel depressed.
When Jesus suffered on the cross, His whole being 'suffered'. That physical body BELONGED to Jesus, and, as a result of His Presence in it, it was resurrected immortal.
When people allow Him to dwell in them, and die in faith, they too will be raised in an immortal body.
God is creating us to be an immortal body (if the 'clay' yields to Him)...and He is not finished with us yet.
KayMarie
LTM said that Mary gave birth only the the flesh of Jesus. How can you separate what is the flesh of Jesus with what is his divinity? This was my original question to LTM. By her logic, the Divine Jesus, our Lord and Savior did not suffer on the cross, only his flesh did. You see where I'm coming from? Don't know where LTM is coming from, the Nestorius belief that Jesus' flesh can be separate from His divinity was settled centuries ago. That some people still come up with it is beyond common sense and understanding. I do understand that someone would want to lower Mary's status by saying that she only gave birth to Jesus' flesh, but you cannot, no matter how much you try, separate His flesh from His Divinity, it leaves too many questions unanswered, just like the simple one I asked.
Don't be mad bro. Jesus loves us all.
obdII

Walnut, CA

#444363 May 23, 2013
ADS CF-16,ADS CF-16 Vehicle Communication Interface is a PC based OBD2 diagnostic machine.http://www.nobd2.com/a ds-cf-16-vehicle-communication -interface.html

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#444364 May 23, 2013
who="Preston" like always, you have things BACKWARDS. we are to be like HIM not the other way around.

True. He came without sin, so that we could become LIKE HIM.

Ro. 8:29 For whom He did foreknow, He also did predestinate to be CONFORMED TO THE IMAGE OF HIS SON,(SO) that HE might be the FIRSTBORN among many brethren.

Col. 1:15 (Jesus) Who is the image of the invisible God, the FIRSTBORN of every creature. Verse 18 And He is the HEAD of the body, THE CHURCH: Who is the beginning, the FIRSTBORN from the dead...

KayMarie

Location hidden

#444365 May 23, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the ticket! Now you're catching on. Historically, all Christians were Catholic until the reformation.
Here, this should help:
http://www.catholicscomehome.org/who-started-...
But do invest in a good history book as well.
How convenient of you to omit the message of the post, and repeat your lie.

Shows just how deceitful and dishonest you are.
Preston

Athens, OH

#444366 May 23, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston, how many times have we been over this during the past few years? This will not be the first time you have been called a non-Christian because of your blasphemous, heretical beliefs. And, just like a few years ago, not one protestant will defend Christ and tell you you're wrong. Oh, wait...yes, one protestant did do that. Disciple, I think. I remember John and the others commending her for it.
Okay, folks, you're called to make a decision. Who will you stand up for? Jesus.......or Preston? The freedom of the Holy Spirit does not mean you are free to redefine Christianity.
we are called Christians because we [follow] him and Jesus is not called reginians or prestonians, but I should not expect you to understand correct reasoning since you are a catholic.

Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant(US) is not greater than his lord(JESUS)

Location hidden

#444367 May 23, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
----WHAT---- LOL eeeerrrr
Ya! Just check it out They are identical in all respects.

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
So then, Jesus is nothing more than the recreation of the Pharaoh, except in another land...and so is the pope(s) according to the standards of the catholics. ie: the representation of "god on earth".

#444368 May 23, 2013
who="Regina"
Preston, how many times have we been over this during the past few years? This will not be the first time you have been called a non-Christian because of your blasphemous, heretical beliefs. And, just like a few years ago, not one protestant will defend Christ and tell you you're wrong. Oh, wait...yes, one protestant did do that. Disciple, I think. I remember John and the others commending her for it.
Okay, folks, you're called to make a decision. Who will you stand up for? Jesus.......or Preston? The freedom of the Holy Spirit does not mean you are free to redefine Christianity.

He didn't redefine anything. He said that we were called to be like Jesus. Nothing heretical about that.

KayMarie

Location hidden

#444369 May 23, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
In your dreams no they weren't. people were force to join the catholic church or die.
The catholic church started 300 years or so after AD.
380 years.
Preston

Athens, OH

#444370 May 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
How convenient of you to omit the message of the post, and repeat your lie.
Shows just how deceitful and dishonest you are.
yeah, reg has always been like that, but we love her still.

1 Peter 1:14-16

King James Version (KJV)

14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:

15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;

16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#444371 May 23, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
If He is not like us (except for sin), then we have not been redeemed. You are promulgating heresy.
6Though he was God,

he did not think of equality with God

as something to cling to.

7Instead, he gave up his divine privileges;

he took the humble position of a slave

and was born as a human being.

When he appeared in human form,

8he humbled himself in obedience to God

and died a criminalÂ’s death on a cross.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#444372 May 23, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Regina"
He didn't redefine anything. He said that we were called to be like Jesus. Nothing heretical about that.
KayMarie
He also said that Jesus was *not* like us (and he did not mean in sin). Yes, he is redefining Christian doctrine. I know how much it hurts you to disagree with another anti-Catholic, but you are either a Christian or you're not. If you're going to apply your personal opinion to Christian teaching, making a few tweaks here and there, then you are not a Christian. There's no in-between. Take a stand for Christ or join the ranks of the unbelievers. It matters that much, Kay.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#444373 May 23, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
that is what is missing , "THATS THE KEY"
AMEN, it is the KEY!

and they think they have the keys.

#444374 May 23, 2013
who="Vote for Pedro"
LTM said that Mary gave birth only the the flesh of Jesus. How can you separate what is the flesh of Jesus with what is his divinity? This was my original question to LTM. By her logic, the Divine Jesus, our Lord and Savior did not suffer on the cross, only his flesh did. You see where I'm coming from? Don't know where LTM is coming from, the Nestorius belief that Jesus' flesh can be separate from His divinity was settled centuries ago. That some people still come up with it is beyond common sense and understanding. I do understand that someone would want to lower Mary's status by saying that she only gave birth to Jesus' flesh, but you cannot, no matter how much you try, separate His flesh from His Divinity, it leaves too many questions unanswered, just like the simple one I asked.

Pedro, Mary gave birth to Jesus. He was WHOLE, not a part person. But mothers nor fathers create the spirit/soul of their children. In fact, God calls them 'MY children'.

Mary didn't 'make' God; she carried Him while He was being clothed with flesh. You were a living spirit before you were planted in your mothers body...as we all were.

KayMarie

Location hidden

#444375 May 23, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to invoke mob rule as correct?
If so you are not really interested in truth or actuality...just confirmation of your bias in the expectation that you have estimated there will be sufficient support for that bias---whether right or wrong.
Are you planning to burn him as well when you have reached a consensus?
Sounds like the mentality of the "inquisition" to me!
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#444376 May 23, 2013
See that you all follow the bishop, even as Jesus Christ does the Father, and the presbytery as you would the apostles; and reverence the deacons, as being the institution of God. Let no man do anything connected with the Church without the bishop. Let that be deemed a proper Eucharist, which is [administered] either by the bishop, or by one to whom he has entrusted it. Wherever the bishop shall appear, there let the multitude [of the people] also be; even as, wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. It is not lawful without the bishop either to baptize or to celebrate a love-feast; but whatsoever he shall approve of, that is also pleasing to God, so that everything that is done may be secure and valid.
St. Ignatius of Antioch, "Epistle to the Smyrnaeans," c. 105 A.D.

"The church of God that sojourns at Smyrna, to the church of God sojourning in Philomelium - and to all of the congregations of the holy and Catholic Church in every place." St. Polycarp, "The Martyrdom of St. Polycarp," c. 135 A.D.

"Our Lord Jesus Christ is the Savior of our souls, the Governor of our bodies, and the Shepherd of the Catholic Church throughout the world." St. Polycarp, "The Martyrdom Of St. Polycarp," c. 135 A.D.
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/resources/s...
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#444377 May 23, 2013
Preston wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, reg has always been like that, but we love her still.
1 Peter 1:14-16
King James Version (KJV)
14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
Yes, I've always been one for the truth and don't back down to the non-believers who come here with their lies. However, do keep your "love" to yourself. Life is hard enough.

Location hidden

#444378 May 23, 2013
Vote for Pedro wrote:
<quoted text>
The bishops fought over it for over 400 year.
It was never sensible and correct then, and still is unacceptable now, It is scientifically impossible, and therefor merely religious speculation in a desperate attempt to "own" divinity.
The very history of the progression of how it was all achieved by the church shows it to be nefarious in it's conclusion.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#444379 May 23, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
If someone is so rapt up in their own salvation, then they can be self-centered, and selfish. And it is at times at least a beginning on a spiritual path.
I believe that lusting for eternal bliss is a dead end that results in nothing but greed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min MUQ2 64,978
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 11 min MUQ2 518
News Sarah Palin going on 'Oprah' (Oct '09) 2 hr Chump University 708
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr The Hangman 973,981
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Peace_Warrior 618,750
women watching men naked on webcam (Mar '12) 3 hr Ableviking 60
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr MUQ2 281,965
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 hr RiccardoFire 45,313
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 7 hr Peter Ross 857
More from around the web