Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,406)

Showing posts 428,101 - 428,120 of512,941
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Jesus, who knew the heart of Peter, was not saying that Peter, the movable and unstable stone, would be the immovable rock upon which the Church would be built. Rather, it would be built upon Jesus and it was this truth that Peter had affirmed what he said to Jesus, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God," (Matt. 16:16). This is consistent with scripture elsewhere where the term rock is sometimes used in reference of God, but never of a man.

It should be obvious from the Word of God that the rock Jesus was referring to was not Peter, but himself.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

truth wrote:
1000 human years=one Jesus day.
Is Jesus old just two days?
yup,silly isn't it.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
If Mary is the woman in Rev 12 , why is she sent to the wilderness for 1260 days. What does that refer to?
Time, times and half a time. Forty two months. 1260 years(days of years).
The time of papal supremacy.

AD538 to AD 1798. Plain in prophecy which Catholics love to hate because it points out who the Beast is.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
The gnostic didn't have a True Christ, The Christ came along over 2000 years ago.
Silly people.

Even if a god existed, why would you try to pretend that a Jew could come to save Catholics?

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a problem....God will deal with you per your decision....
From what you are saying, when compared to what God said...at the present, you are already condemned to spend eternity with satan....
Satan?he doesn't exist,not worried about it. and i noticed you didn't answer my question,did you know about god before someone told you he existed?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Theology of nincompoops!

The Catholics and Protestants keep trying in VAIN to steal the affections of a Jewish god.
truthprevails

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary is dead and you know it..
You are a fool and a deceiver. Mary is alive and well in Heaven with Her Holy Son!

If your relative died today, would they still be dead? What about yourself?

If you answer yes, then you must be a Jehovah's Witness and believe the heretical doctrine of Soul Sleep!

Heavens to Betsy there are so many heretical thoughts on this thread it gives me the shivers!
truthprevails

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly people.
Even if a god existed, why would you try to pretend that a Jew could come to save Catholics?
You ignorant person. Jesus died so that NONE would perish. Doesn't matter if you're black, white, Hebrew, Greek or a demented atheist such as yourself.

Heed His warning however that if you do not confess that He is your Lord and Savior and you will not believe on Him, then you have sent your own self to Hell and have no one to blame but yourself.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Your words say you are rejecting his Word...that is proof enough for me..
When I was born...I had no idea about anybody or anything...bet you had the same experience!!!!
everyone experiences the same thing,but considering the power you believers give gos you would think his presence would be heart felt when you are born,or within the first year,yet anything you know about god is taught to you,so how do you know it's the truth?you never seen him,never talked to him,so how sure can we be he exists? so your telling me you had to be told of his existence? ok.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a problem....God will deal with you per your decision....
From what you are saying, when compared to what God said...at the present, you are already condemned to spend eternity with satan....
when compared to what God said.....jethro how do you know god said anything?

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
Can't you just picture the Catholics and Protestants in heaven ... getting along???
"Headache" is mine" sayeth the lord god.
:)
if heaven is real,i doubt people are not devided in such a manner.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

truthprevails wrote:
You are a fool and a deceiver. Mary is alive and well in Heaven with Her Holy Son!
If your relative died today, would they still be dead? What about yourself?
If you answer yes, then you must be a Jehovah's Witness and believe the heretical doctrine of Soul Sleep!
Heavens to Betsy there are so many heretical thoughts on this thread it gives me the shivers!
I certainly am neither fool nor a deceiver. You are.
Both my parents have died. They are in graves. They will be resurrected on the Last Day.
Please give me some texts which prove conclusively that we go to Heaven and can hear prayers when we die.

Oh, that’s right. You are Catholic and haven’t a clue what the Bible teaches.

Acts 2:29 “Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.”

Acts 2:34 “For David is NOT ASCENDED INTO THE HEAVENS: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit you on my right hand,”

This is what Stephen said as he died when he was stoned. It was obviously well known in those days that death was referred to as a sleep.

Acts 7:60 “And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.”

Acts 24:15 “And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.“

This is what REAL Christians wait for.

If they wanted to go to Heaven, why don’t they want to die?

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
Let's discuss theories.
1. The universe was created by a deity.
2. The universe started by the big-bang theory.
3. The universe always existed.
Now ... do any of us KNOW the answer???
I don't.
i choose no.2
truth prevails

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly am neither fool nor a deceiver. You are.
Both my parents have died. They are in graves. They will be resurrected on the Last Day.
Again, you are a deceiver because the Bible says that the instant you die your soul either goes to Heaven or to Hell.

Remember St. Paul's verse "absent from the body, present with the Lord."

Next, you have a teeny bit of a problem explaining how at the Transformation Elijah, Moses and Abraham were present! Were they ghosts?
truth prevails

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

And Jesus said unto him, "Verily I say unto thee today, shalt thou be with me in paradise".

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
We've been thru this before The Way was never a "Church" it was a way of life for those that believe. NOT A Church!!!
The Roman soldiers had no authority to name Jesus Church.
Saint Peter, the Pope had the authority given to him by Jesus.
"Upon this rock I will build my Church"
You are really uninformed and willfully ignorant.
Do think that the "church" is buildings or theocratic imperialism?
Do you think that Jesus would think of that as a "bride"?

LOL!
truth prevails

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

" And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom. And the rich man also died: and he was buried in hell."

Holy cow Tiger Lily! How did the rich man get in Hell so fast the minute he died?

Don't tell me you are going to argue with the words of our Lord and our God, Jesus Christ!

Some people sure are nervey!
truth prevails

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are really uninformed and willfully ignorant.
Do think that the "church" is buildings or theocratic imperialism?
Do you think that Jesus would think of that as a "bride"?
LOL!
The only one that is willfully ignorant here is you Block Dunder. Do you have any awareness of the majesty of the Temples that God Himself instructed the Israelites to build?

You should read the Bible more. Jesus and His Apostles set up a theocratic hierarchy that no mere man can put asunder.

Hey, did you know that a prominent Protestant theologian once said that the Catholic Church has to divinely ordained by the way it was set up. It's survived centuries and it's survived heretics trying to bring it down.

Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ!!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
....and before him, we had many others.....Maurice Cotterrel describes 6 different beings. After him, he includes Quetzalcoatl and Lord Pacal of the Maya.
You do understand the concept of a Messiah, right?
That would before and after...
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

truth prevails wrote:
Again, you are a deceiver because the Bible says that the instant you die your soul either goes to Heaven or to Hell.
Remember St. Paul's verse "absent from the body, present with the Lord."
Next, you have a teeny bit of a problem explaining how at the Transformation Elijah, Moses and Abraham were present! Were they ghosts?
OK. Where? I have not seen anything like it.
I'm sure you know that Elijah, Moses and Abraham were resurrected unlike Mary.
Not a problem at all. Elijah was taken up by a fiery chariot.
Have any chariots appeared when any of your family has died?

Absent from the Body, Present with the Lord

Paul longed “to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.” 2 Corinthians 5:8.

The question is, would this transition take place at the moment of death, or at the Second Coming?

Paul clarified in verse 4 that it would occur when “mortality” is “swallowed up by life”(verse 4).
When is this?

In his previous letter to the Corinthians, Paul wrote... that “mortality” would be “swallowed up” when the resurrection of believers occurs at the end of the world.

“In a moment ... at the last trump ... the dead shall be raised ... this mortal must put on immortality ... then ... Death is swallowed up in victory.” 1 Corinthians 15:50-55.

Thus Paul expected “to be present with the Lord” at the Second Coming.

He later wrote,“The Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout ... the dead in Christ shall rise ... so shall we ever be with the Lord.” l Thessalonians 4:16-17. Jesus said we will be with Him when He “comes again.” John 14:1-3. Because death is like sleep, it will seem like barely a moment until we are “present with the Lord.”

See? No problem at all! Just you study your Bible a little more.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 428,101 - 428,120 of512,941
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••