Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 692116 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#443987 May 22, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are "without a doubt" referring to the Catholics on this forum, who are the "real Christians" and who have always and will continue to possess the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church. It is time for you to either "exit this forum" or come to the TRUE authenticated, proven and verifiable TRUTH of Salvation in Jesus Christ in and through His One (and only one) TRUE CHURCH!!! Anything else is "half-truth" half-heresy Christianity!!
hojo, thanks for the tip. I believe I will pass but you can repent and come to know Jesus as your Lord and Savior at a real church if you would like to. Would you like to?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#443988 May 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to you in plain English, how was the material world formed?
And the word spirituality to me indicates you believe in a deity.
I doubt the their knowledge was any greater than any other human.
For instance, did they know if the universe was created, or if it always existed, or if it started with a bang ... etc.
I believe they had theories ... but theories does not necessarily equate to certain truth.
You know, I 've already explained all this to you a long time ago, but I will do this extremely short once again.
Material world- supernova(star) explosion- debris belts, forming planet(s)
deity- I do NOT believe in any deity-spirituality does NOT necessitate deity
The Egyptians of 4200-3000 BCE was the most advanced society in the known world at the time and it is still is considered that is fact.
As far as what they believed or hypothesized, why don't you look it up and study the Old kingdom(or all Egyptian history) if you don't wish to believe what I have told you is the truth to the best of my and scholars knowledge?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#443989 May 22, 2013
The first person to divide New Testament chapters into verses was Italian Dominican biblical scholar Santi Pagnini (1470–1541), but his system was never widely adopted.[10] Robert Estienne created an alternate numbering in his 1551 edition of the Greek New Testament [11] which was also used in his 1553 publication of the Bible in French. Estienne's system of division was widely adopted, and it is this system which is found in almost all modern bibles.

Robert I Estienne (1503 – 7 September 1559), was a 16th-century printer and classical scholar in Paris. He was a former Catholic who became a Protestant late in his life and the first to print the Bible divided into standard numbered verses
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#443990 May 22, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
The first person to divide New Testament chapters into verses was Italian Dominican biblical scholar Santi Pagnini (1470–1541), but his system was never widely adopted.[10] Robert Estienne created an alternate numbering in his 1551 edition of the Greek New Testament [11] which was also used in his 1553 publication of the Bible in French. Estienne's system of division was widely adopted, and it is this system which is found in almost all modern bibles.
Robert I Estienne (1503 – 7 September 1559), was a 16th-century printer and classical scholar in Paris. He was a former Catholic who became a Protestant late in his life and the first to print the Bible divided into standard numbered verses
The chapter divisions commonly used today were developed by Stephen Langton, an Archbishop of Canterbury. Langton put the modern chapter divisions into place in around A.D. 1227. The Wycliffe English Bible of 1382 was the first Bible to use this chapter pattern. Since the Wycliffe Bible, nearly all Bible translations have followed Langton's chapter divisions.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#443991 May 22, 2013
Are there any Catholics on this forum???

When a husband takes unto him his wife......does hat mean that she remains a virgin...forever!!!!!????

Mt 1:24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:

Location hidden

#443992 May 22, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you a Saved follower of Jesus will be punished directly by God if they suffer His Spirit?
And you profess what as your accountability?
Who is your daddy?
(1)-Your first sentence is totally incomprehensible.
(2)-Exactly what am I supposed to be accountable for?
(3) My "daddy" is dead...not that it's any of your business in the first place.

If you can't be any clearer in your queries, you should seek better english education.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#443993 May 22, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes--it' the same TRUTH over and over and over again LTM!.... Nothing different! Unfortunately, you just keep trying to "dig up" something new in your Protestant beliefs in order to "stay entertained! The big question for you is "why don't you believe the (words of Jesus) in Matthew 16 regarding His One (and only one) TRUE (Universal "Catholic" Church---AND--in John 6:47-59 regarding His TRUE Body and TRUE Blood in the Eucharist!!
Catholics are forever trying to sell to the world, the idea that Christ, a Jew, and His 12 Jewish apostles, during the time that Christ was on earth, established the Roman Catholic Church, that everyone knows, that even as of today, is for Gentiles and not Jews!!!!

Quote: After excerpts from the second volume of the pope’s book on Jesus made the rounds last week, featuring his rejection of the idea that “the Jews” killed Christ, the full text adds another point with important implications for Christian/Jewish relations -- in effect, that Christianity “must not concern herself with the conversion of the Jews.”

The comment comes in Benedict XVI’s book Jesus of Nazareth: Holy Week, the full text of which was released today.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#443994 May 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
The chapter divisions commonly used today were developed by Stephen Langton, an Archbishop of Canterbury. Langton put the modern chapter divisions into place in around A.D. 1227. The Wycliffe English Bible of 1382 was the first Bible to use this chapter pattern. Since the Wycliffe Bible, nearly all Bible translations have followed Langton's chapter divisions.
Thanx JG
Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

#443995 May 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the other 612 laws?
Your god says that all sin is equally the same weight and judgement!
Which of them do YOU break EVERY DAY?
You are a self professed BIGOT!
i do not worship a man made god that's you first mistake. judging me was you second persecuting me was your third.not to keep the law is the easy way out and yes i have ashes of the red heifer yes i keep the sabbath holy i keep his feast and yes he says you break one you break them all.Least I try....go eat some pork and persecute someone who cares. because im used to it...you can not keep ten and that is a fact.
Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

#443996 May 22, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Under the law to Christ, or "under the law of Christ"; that is, the law of love.
Yes T i feel the sda violates that 'law' with us, free as the wind blows born-agains.
He said i did not come to destroy the law but to establish it....you all want to take the easy way out go ahead....what i will tell you is in heaven you will keep the law in full or you will not be their he will not allow heaven or the kingdom to become defiled like this earth. marge your still worshiping a man made god and have never proved me wrong that mortal man changed his name from Yahweh to god because it was believed to be to holy to be spoken.you are deceived.and are scared of the law because you would have to stop sinning and your just not going to do that are you.
truth

Perth, Australia

#443997 May 22, 2013
Do you have rights for disisess yes i am one of them..is that set up for spreading and fix up cover up for ever just greed as law to be blame rights for justice..did you have rights for xray blade urine test or they will send you home say mental..yes its pure suffering as it is..good
be bless

confess yourself your priest will declare you from altar too only if are you ethnic hopeless this or that but they are been in some pity situation as people nation or tribe..tv radio too you will be day by day accuse as well transform into many story but how fit to them as great proclaim of cover up or defended themself or some privileged very rich influential..they will tell you according law..remove yourself poor beggar not place for you..

sweet Jesus I love you
look upon every victim..real victims seek your protection but not money..

Location hidden

#443998 May 22, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
<quoted text>i do not worship a man made god that's you first mistake. judging me was you second persecuting me was your third.not to keep the law is the easy way out and yes i have ashes of the red heifer yes i keep the sabbath holy i keep his feast and yes he says you break one you break them all.Least I try....go eat some pork and persecute someone who cares. because im used to it...you can not keep ten and that is a fact.
The post was in reply to Jimtom-- not you,-- unless you are posting under a sockpuppet.
I think you are barking up the wrong tree.....YAH?
Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

#443999 May 22, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey big sis it seems my whole welfare depends on the weather these days anyway dry enough to work here for a couple days straight.
I watched some interviews of believers in the Oklahoma tornado, God has already lifted them up, HE IS SO GOOD! Love you sis:)
you are a sick one marge you watched some interviews of believers in the Oklahoma tornado god lifted them up he is good if he is so good why was their even a tornado to began with.what you are saying is he is good because he is killing people and these are some of the same believers that rebuilt and got blown away again i call that stupid.You are a true brainwashed pos and you may be right your god may do that but my heavenly father Yahweh would never do such a thing.that was of satan....and the cheap ass state of oklahoma for not providing shelters for those poor children.oh my word lady you are sick.....and you could never keep ten commandments much less 613.....no wonder you run from them.
truth

Perth, Australia

#444000 May 22, 2013
Did they have rights spy inside your house?
Is that your privacy?
Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

#444001 May 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
The post was in reply to Jimtom-- not you,-- unless you are posting under a sockpuppet.
I think you are barking up the wrong tree.....YAH?
nope that was me....
truth

Perth, Australia

#444002 May 22, 2013
no god don't do that its power new technology set up ..
Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

#444003 May 22, 2013
most hate the law because the law is against sin and we know the world loves their sin......

Location hidden

#444004 May 22, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
<quoted text>nope that was me....
Well then My post stands as was.
So you are posting under multiple names? what is the point of that?
That is dishonest misrepresentation.
Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

#444005 May 22, 2013
The law scares the hell out of most of you,,,,I said one time on here satan was a woman you should of seen them attack me it was like they were animals I think their are romans on here that are nothing more than propagandist.aweeeeee don't talk bad about the on true church my ass the one true church is the house of Yahweh.who taught the laws now the world wants to cover them up it is sin you are covering up........and who could open this book no one...including me.very few are called and chosen to even understand the name much less the laws.....
Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

#444006 May 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then My post stands as was.
So you are posting under multiple names? what is the point of that?
That is dishonest misrepresentation.
no i was on another thread but hey if you can find any reason to persecute me you better take it if it makes you feel better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Repub Lies Manufa... 47,115
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min nanoanomaly 990,684
TWA Flight 800 (Jul '13) 39 min Doctor REALITY 7
beware of raymond rotolo / ps inspections llc 57 min what I think happ... 2
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 8 hr Johnny 464
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 13 hr DJ Crazee 39,286
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 20 hr waaasssuuup 445,850
More from around the web