Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Jul 10, 2007 Read more: CBC News 582,621
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
truth

Perth, Australia

#443470 May 21, 2013
Then think about falling of your systems political or religion any nation any tribe.
they sold generation upon generation to others masters

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#443471 May 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ox says about Mary, "She was nothing more than a lowly handmaiden.. period"
If I'm Jesus Christ, and someone insults my Mother like that, they are done! The gloves are off! lol.
Seriously, its not fun talking to someone like you that is so far removed from Jesus Christ its bizarre you'd call yourself a Christian.
What is wrong with these people????
Jesus is THE CENTER of our Daily Mass.
We can never love Mary more then Jesus does!
We honor Jesus' Mother as God wanted.
Honor your Father and Mother.

Something about Blessed Mary.
By Jon Jakoblich
There are some that say that the Bible really says very little about Mary. However, that is quite contrary to the truth. There are actually a lot of references to Our Lady. For some of these references, you have to do a little bit of digging.
Let’s start at the beginning of the Bible. She is first mentioned in Genesis 3:15, as the Woman whose offspring (Jesus) will crush the head of the serpent (Satan).
Genesis 3:15:
“I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel.”
We see her, again, in a prophecy in the book of Isaiah.
Isaiah 7:14:
“Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.”
Luke 1:28:
“Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee! Blessed art thou among women!”
This translation is very familiar to Catholics and the Bible, but let’s take a look at how other translations read Luke 1:28.
KJV:
“…Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.”
RSV:
“Hail, O favored one, the Lord is with you!”
NIV:
“Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.”
Luke 1:29:
“But she was greatly troubled at the saying, and considered in her mind what sort of greeting this might be.”
What else does the Bible say about Mary?
It tells us that she is the mother of God in no uncertain terms.
Matthew 1:20:
“But as he considered this, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying,‘Joseph, son of David, do not fear to take Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.’”
Matthew 2:11
“…and going into the house they saw the child with Mary his mother, and they fell
down and worshiped him. Then, opening their treasures, they offered him gifts, gold and frankincense and myrrh.”
Obviously if you are already a Christian then you know that this worship is not in vain since we are all taught that Mary was the mother of Jesus.
And here is another Catholic favorite:
Luke 1:41-43:
“And when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit and she exclaimed with a loud cry,“BLESSED ARE YOU AMONG WOMEN, AND BLESSED IS THE FRUIT OF YOUR WOMB!![emphasis added] And why is this granted me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?”
Now, if Mary is “just another woman,” why would Elizabeth be in awe that she was granted a visit from “the mother of my lord?” It just doesn’t make sense that if Mary is any old person and not to be revered in some way that she is treated with such respect and has many honors bestowed upon her such as being “full of grace” and the other examples given.
The Bible shows us that Mary was the perfect example of obedience and humility.
Luke 1:38:
“And Mary said,‘Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word.’ And the angel departed from her.”
It tells us how Mary meditated on all of God’s words and actions.
Luke 2:19:
“But Mary kept all these things, pondering them in her heart.”
It tells us that Jesus was obedient to her.
Luke 2:51:
“And he went down with them and came to Nazareth, and was obedient to them.”
First Miracle by a word from Blessed Mother...
John 2:3-10:

There's more but had to snip for space.

Clay

United States

#443472 May 21, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Because we have ONE mediator between God and man.
Mary is dead. She is awaiiting her resurrection.
Correct. One mediator. We do not... I repeat...Do not bypass Jesus Christ by asking His Mother to pray for us to HIM.

Why do you say Mary is dead? I don't recall the Bible telling us how she died.
truth

Perth, Australia

#443473 May 21, 2013
they going created anything and sold your future and generation upon generation future they liked control your future=they told you i am going against you 4 generation..thousand thousand years many people and tribe as well nation not free..
now find way
your global evil digit
yee they going control
ha ha ha ha
so evil mean people
how in heaven will be on earth..if destruction on earth will be in heaven..every digit is horrible destruction every image..you been created on image

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#443474 May 21, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible says, and we say you added 7 books.
marge, if our Church is over 2000 years old and yours is only 100 or so years....how can you say we added, if we had the original Bible first??? You guys DELETED what you didn't like and changed it to fit your own agenda.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#443475 May 21, 2013
Human Being wrote:
Tiger Lily:
I don't quite know what you mean?
For me, it is not so well defined with concepts and words. For our definitions fall short of God, and what God has in store for us in eternity. We are born as created beings in this world. And our physical bodies return to that dust.
But also all creation awaits the revelation of the children of God, as Paul writes.
Yet we know that we will have new bodies in a new heaven and earth. So what remains of physical memory, may be purified in God's Presence. And there may be a hierarchy of sorts, even as there are angels and archangels.
For me, Ecclesiastes (Solomon's) emphasis is that all is vanity. Vanity of vanities. Paul goes along with this in his description that all will pass away. And only faith, hope, and love remains.
Dust thou art and to dust thou shalt return.

However...
1 Corinthians 15:51-54 “Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all ***sleep***, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.”

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 “For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are ***asleep***.(Dead)

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.”

Note that 1 Corinthians tells us we are to put on immortality and incorruption.

Alive, here on earth we are corrupt (can decay) and we are mortal (can die).
This happens after the resurrection of the just.

God alone is immortal. Bible says so. Catholics disagree.

Note that the dead are ***sleeping***.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#443476 May 21, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
The Power of the Keys
By the Scholastic theologians the precise significance of the term was closely analysed.
(1) The view which is now universally accepted is exposed at length by Suárez (De Poenit., disp. xvi). According to him, the phrase as employed by Christ in His promise to St. Peter denotes the gift of ecclesiastical authority in its widest scope. This authority was to be in a sense peculiar to St. Peter and his successors in the chief pastorate; for they alone were to possess it in its fullness. But it was to be exercised in due measure by the other members of the Divinely instituted hierarchy according to their several degrees. Thus understood, the potestas clavium includes
•the power of order, namely power exercised in regard to sacrifice and sacrament,
•the power of jurisdiction, and
•the power to define in questions of faith and morals.
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/08631b.htm
You only go back and seek what you presuppose as "keys"(seems a great mystery), just as your "authority" has here. If you look deeper into the past, you may find the "keys" Jesus was referencing in the ancient Kingdom.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#443477 May 21, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
marge, if our Church is over 2000 years old and yours is only 100 or so years....how can you say we added, if we had the original Bible first??? You guys DELETED what you didn't like and changed it to fit your own agenda.
http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/apocryph.htm

Why the Apocrypha Isn't in the Bible.
truth

Perth, Australia

#443478 May 21, 2013
many lived here on earth know where is your past as well future..you restoring nothing at all..
they restoring that you did not know after all they sold your future sending you where to whom..how many Jesus.
Jesus say to you..many many many will come in my name..its not me..no.
They try restore Jesus too multiply in many image.
truth

Perth, Australia

#443479 May 21, 2013
1000 human years=one Jesus day.
Is Jesus old just two days?
socci

Maysville, MO

#443480 May 21, 2013
StarC wrote:
if our Church is over 2000 years old and yours is only 100 or so years....how can you say we added, if we had the original Bible first??? You guys DELETED what you didn't like and changed it to fit your own agenda.

Actually, just like there has always been two churches there has always been two Bibles. The Roman Church uses the Alexandrian text. The Nazarene Christians use the Antioch text.

(chart)
http://bibles4free.com/sitebuildercontent/sit...

http://conservapedia.com/Geneva_Bible#The_Fir...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_text-t...
http://youtu.be/V8C-Dl7VpRQ

The Forbidden Book: History of the Bible
http://youtu.be/6uFgKlnEJus

Battle of the Bibles
http://youtu.be/tNv-zzpIwBs

Changing the Word
http://youtu.be/RqBEuxGY7DI
Clay

United States

#443482 May 21, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Recommended reading for StarC
Revelation 17 and 18.
Revelation 17
1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
Nero didn't reign over the kings of the earth.
Seems you have believed Jesuit lies StarC
All those verses were about Pagan Rome. I feel comfortable in saying that because the Roman CATHOLIC Church put that Book in the Bible in 405 AD... 70 yrs after Constantine legalized Christianity. The Pagan Roman Empire is what everyone understood those verses to be.
Really Tiger, this new hoopla about the 'Whore of Babylon' being the Roman Catholic Church is very very new. In fact I don't think your SDA founder, Ellen White, even thunk that. This whole Book of Revelation craze went into overdrive with the fanatics of the 20th century. the JW's and such.

Unfortunately, they completely ignored Johns warning about what'll happen to them for inserting their own teachings on his prophecy.

Location hidden

#443483 May 21, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Your statements are pure conjecture. All four sentences.
So is yours.

You posit a conjecture as a rebuttal, and then not one evidence toward refute.

Why is that?

You seem to do that a lot.
Clay

United States

#443484 May 21, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder why the Jews destroyed the Apocrypha in 70 AD like your cult leaflet says.
Could it be because the rival Christians were reading it?? Hello?

You guys are going to let the Jews who killed Jesus Christ establish your canon? Because that's exactly what Luther did when he removed the 7 books without the authority to do so.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#443485 May 21, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Probation ends at death. Nothing but the blood of Jesus can save the departed.
Prayers for the dead are not efficacious in any way.
We should pray for one another though.
Ecclesiastes 9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
9:6 Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.
Job tells us that the dead are no longer capable of anything. Hope this helps.
Tiger Lily:

From what I see you writing, you are going on a strict view. And for you, in your life, it may be just what you need, and what God has provided for you.

In Solomon's soliloquy, he wrote, "Vanity of vanities. All is vanity." So strictly speaking, there is no point in praying for the dead, the living, for the unborn, for Solomon who wrote the Book of Ecclesiastes. But we know this is not the case. Correct?

Job in the end relinquishes his own position(of being sinless/self-righteous) to God. He repents. It is a complex dialogue. And the advice of his "friends" is the reflection of that complexity.

It is good to keep things simple in one's mind. And yet to oversimplify, we humans tend to think we have/know all solutions. In the matters of death, and eternity, I still think we must wait on God to determine our standing, and the glory that is to come.
Clay

United States

#443486 May 21, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Btw Tiger, how come the Book of Tobit was found amongst the other sacred writings in the Dead Sea Scrolls? Obviously at least one Jewish sect considered it inspired by God.

Also, do you know the official Jewish canon came AFTER Christianity?

Location hidden

#443487 May 21, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
I <3 Fr. Barron, i'll have to check out that book. Tks, hojo.
<><
#forthebenifitofothers
AN UNBROKEN HISTORY
"Jesus said his Church would be "the light of the world." He then noted that "a city set on a hill cannot be hid" (Matt. 5:14). This means his Church is a visible organization. It must have characteristics that clearly identify it and that distinguish it from other churches. Jesus promised, "I will build my Church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it" (Matt. 16:18). This means that his Church will never be destroyed and will never fall away from him. His Church will survive until his return.
Among the Christian churches, only the Catholic Church has existed since the time of Jesus. Every other Christian church is an offshoot of the Catholic Church. The Protestant churches were established during the Reformation, which began in 1517.(Most of today’s Protestant churches are actually offshoots of the original Protestant offshoots.
Only the Catholic Church existed in the tenth century, in the fifth century, and in the first century, faithfully teaching the doctrines given by Christ to the apostles, omitting nothing. The line of popes can be traced back, in unbroken succession, to Peter himself. This is unequaled by any institution in history.
Even the oldest government is new compared to the papacy, and the churches that send out door-to-door missionaries are young compared to the Catholic Church. Many of these churches began as recently as the nineteenth or twentieth centuries. Some even began during your own lifetime. None of them can claim to be the Church Jesus established."
----------From Pillar of Fire Pillar of Truth
The "old Kingdom" (4200 yrs ago) is newer than your papacy?
You definitely have some "learning" to do.
Clay

United States

#443488 May 21, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, ten manuscripts of the Book of Enoch were found in the library of the Qumran Jews known as the Dead Sea Scrolls.
Do you have that Book in your Bible? Why?
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#443489 May 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
All those verses were about Pagan Rome. I feel comfortable in saying that because the Roman CATHOLIC Church put that Book in the Bible in 405 AD... 70 yrs after Constantine legalized Christianity. The Pagan Roman Empire is what everyone understood those verses to be.
Really Tiger, this new hoopla about the 'Whore of Babylon' being the Roman Catholic Church is very very new. In fact I don't think your SDA founder, Ellen White, even thunk that. This whole Book of Revelation craze went into overdrive with the fanatics of the 20th century. the JW's and such.
Unfortunately, they completely ignored Johns warning about what'll happen to them for inserting their own teachings on his prophecy.
If you read Daniel and Revelation side by side it becomes clear that the timeline portrayed by the Metal Man and the beasts goes right up until the stone hits the image at the feet.

This is the time we are in NOW.

Nero has been dead for a long time now.
http://www.discoveryupdate.com/studies/DanCha...
Clay

United States

#443490 May 21, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, just like there has always been two churches there has always been two Bibles. The Roman Church uses the Alexandrian text. The Nazarene Christians use the Antioch text.
(chart)
http://bibles4free.com/sitebuildercontent/sit...
http://conservapedia.com/Geneva_Bible#The_Fir...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_text-t...
http://youtu.be/V8C-Dl7VpRQ
The Forbidden Book: History of the Bible
http://youtu.be/6uFgKlnEJus
Battle of the Bibles
http://youtu.be/tNv-zzpIwBs
Changing the Word
http://youtu.be/RqBEuxGY7DI
You say Christ started two Churches? Please explain that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Blagoja 825,300
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 min Paul Porter1 442,448
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 min Paul Porter1 98,815
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 17 min truthandcommonsense 2,985
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 19 min Paul Porter1 611,762
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 21 min Paul Porter1 70,118
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 27 min An NFL Fan 121,624
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) Fri puspamishra130 190
More from around the web