Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687387 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#443723 May 22, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked why the CC teaches that we can ask Mary to pray for us. I was trying to illustrate why.
Not saying a man with dirty calloused hands is lesser. I am saying that due to the special relationship between king (God) and queen (Mary), the king is more likely to grant a request from his queen (due to who she is more so than what she is asking) than he would grant a request from someone with whom the relationship is not so close.
Make sense?
At the wedding at Cana, Jesus performs the miracle of water to wine at the request of Mary. The CC teaches that Mary and Jesus still enjoy a very special relationship in heaven and she still asks for miracles to be performed for us people because she loves us. She loves us so much that she willingly bore Jesus, raised Him, and saw Him to the cross so that mankind might be redeemed.
It does if the rendering is for "her", if a earned trust has been developed. Playing telephone with another party only leads to a poor delivery of any message that could have been precisely delivered by the originating party.
Any successful business man will verify that fact.
Why would God need an intercessor, if he is omnipotent? He should already know what is coming before the event even happens, so why the play acting?
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#443724 May 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Could be. Only time, discovery, and maybe some better knowledge and understanding of the past will reveal actuality. We are working on thousands of untranslated texts right now, and new material emerges regularly.
If you ever wondered about the details of Jesus' Passion, death, and resurrection, you might be interested in this writing:
http://www.jesus-passion.com/DOLOROUS_PASSION...

Also, have you heard of Ron Wyatt and the discoveries he has made? He has a lot of skeptics but also a lot of support. The story of how and where he found the Ark of the Covenant is fascinating. Right under the place of crucifixion in a cave and when the earthquake happened and the rock split, Jesus' blood fell on the Mercy Seat of the Ark.
Wow. Could be true.

Also, he had that blood analysized and he said it only had 23 chromosomes plus one Y chromosome. Something to think about.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#443725 May 22, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
So Jesus is coming back to over 42,000 different brides?
Jesus is a polygamist?

Yes his bride and it is not any denomination. His people are further described: "...the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.(Rev 14:12; 22:14) Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city."

40,000 denominations is meaningless as we can all found a denomination as we are all at a different level in our relationship with the Lord.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#443726 May 22, 2013
I certainly hope that a creator doesn't exist to disown the majority of the world's population of human and non-human forms of life.

THAT would be a tragedy with no hope whatsoever that goodness in any sense of the word exists.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#443727 May 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen.
From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.

Amon, or Amen (the mysterious), an Egyptian divinity, whose name occurs in that of No-amon. Nah 3:8. Amen was one of the eight gods of the first order, and chief of the triad of Thebes. He was worshipped at that city as Amen-Ra, or “Amen the Sun.”
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#443728 May 22, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
no
Well which is it then?
A minute ago you said there was no true church, now you are saying Jesus didn't lie when He said He would build His Church and the gates of Hell would not prevail against it.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#443729 May 22, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
How much more disposed to accepting the gift or granting the request do you think you might be if the gift or request was from your queen rather than from one of the common folk?
Galatians 3:28, "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

Acts 10:34, "Then Peter opened his mouth and said: "In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality."

The "common folk" are equal with Mary. Of this there can be no doubt.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#443730 May 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "You asked why the CC teaches that we can ask Mary to pray for us. I was trying to illustrate why.
Not saying a man with dirty calloused hands is lesser. I am saying that due to the special relationship between king (God) and queen (Mary), the king is more likely to grant a request from his queen (due to who she is more so than what she is asking) than he would grant a request from someone with whom the relationship is not so close." End quote.
Your wires are crossed and have severly short circuited your thought process. While God is certainly King of heaven there is not nor has there ever been a queen of heaven. God alone rules in heaven. He does not share His rule or His throne or His authority with anyone. The idea that Mary, the mother of Jesus, is the queen of heaven has no Biblical basis. Mary was a godly young woman blessed because she was chosen to give birth to the Savior of the world. Mary WAS NOT in any way divine. Mary was NOT sinless and she to be worshipped, revered, venerated, or prayed to.
Actually, all the followers of God refused worship. Peter and the apostles refused to be worshipped.
Acts 10:25-26, 25 "When Peter entered, Cornelius met him and fell down at his feet and worshiped him. 26 But Peter lifted him up, saying, "Stand up; I too am a man."
Acts 14:13-14, 13 "And the priest of Zeus, whose temple was at the entrance to the city, brought oxen and garlands to the gates and wanted to offer sacrifice with the crowds. 14 But when the apostles Barnabas and Paul heard of it, they tore their garments and rushed out into the crowd, crying out.
The angels refused to be worshipped.
Revelation 19:10, "Then I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he said to me, "You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God." For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."
Revelation 22:9, "Then he said to me, "See that you do not do that. For I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren the prophets, and of those who keep the words of this book. Worship God."
The response is always the same, "Worship God!" To offer worship, reverence, or veneration to anyone but God is nothing short of idolatry. Mary’s own words in Luke 1:46-55 reveal that she never thought of herself as “immaculate” and deserving of veneration, but was instead relying on the grace of God for salvation:“And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior.” Only sinners need a savior, and Mary recognized that need in herself.
Nobody worships Mary. You can stop worrying about that.

She is in heaven enjoying a special relationship with God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.
You don't have to be all jealous of her.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#443731 May 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
No Cly, you are actually the liar. You have not only been caught but readily admitted the fact you lied and misled many.
Oh? Where did I ever lie about my faith?

You tried twice, to pass off some writings from a 17th century Priest, to make it seem as though the Church teaches something it doesn't. You know you did, and you'll do it again. I'm sure your Bible students are in awe of your insight. You best hope they don't cross check your unauthoritative teachings.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#443732 May 22, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Well which is it then?
A minute ago you said there was no true church, now you are saying Jesus didn't lie when He said He would build His Church and the gates of Hell would not prevail against it.
This is what I said:

chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no earthly true church...none.

**You see the word earthly? There is no true church here on earth, not even the one you belong to.

Christ is the Head of the Church
Christ is the Rock...there is no other.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#443733 May 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
How's this Cly?
Matthew 18:18-19, 18 "Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed* in heaven. 19 Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven."
Then LATER in Matthew 18:21, "Then Peter came up and said to him, "Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?"
Later??? Who was Jesus speaking prior to Peter showing up later? Hmmm. How about ALL THOSE BORN AGAIN BELIEVERS. Go back and re-read Matthew 18:18-19.
<quoted text>
Cly, are you that dense? Can't you read? Jesus was speaking to OTHERS first.....then LATER Peter enters the conversation. OTHERS FIRST......PETER LATER. If you say it slow you will understand because I typed it slow just for you.
It doesn't matter who Christ spoke to before or after Peter.
He clearly looked at Peter and said, "YOU" Not 'They'. Not ' everyone who says they are Christian.' Not 'the other Apostles'. Nobody but Peter.

You guys have a terrible misconception about the Bible, and I really don't know who your god is. Is it Jesus Christ or the Bible?
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#443734 May 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> It does if the rendering is for "her", if a earned trust has been developed. Playing telephone with another party only leads to a poor delivery of any message that could have been precisely delivered by the originating party.
Any successful business man will verify that fact.
Why would God need an intercessor, if he is omnipotent? He should already know what is coming before the event even happens, so why the play acting?
God doesn't need anyone really. But since He is Loving Relationship, He wants to share Himself with others. He wants others to have loving relationship with Him and with each other. We are a family here to be co-creators with God, not just individuals strolling along alone in the garden with Jesus. It pleases God when people help each other.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#443735 May 22, 2013
And they just keep on fighting over who knows the TRUTH of the "matter."

:)

Earth would be a better place if humans didn't have brains.

Location hidden

#443736 May 22, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you can't see truth when it's an inch from your face but read this:
13 When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying,“Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?”
14 So they said,“Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
15 He said to them,“But who do you say that I am?”
16 Simon Peter answered and said,“You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
17 Jesus answered and said to him,“Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. 18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. 19 And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”
**Could the rock be the profession that Peter made in verse 16? You think??? Maybe???
**I posted scripture earlier that you ignore stating Jesus is the Rock. " On this rock I will build my church"...hey wait, Christ is the rock and head of the church.
**Won't make sense to you. Satan has blinded you.
The oldest known "bible"(Codex Sinaiticus) has it saying "on this "bedrock".
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#443737 May 22, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes his bride and it is not any denomination. His people are further described: "...the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.(Rev 14:12; 22:14) Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city."
40,000 denominations is meaningless as we can all found a denomination as we are all at a different level in our relationship with the Lord.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

- Isaac Newton

Good principle, yes?
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#443738 May 22, 2013
If there were no humans on earth there would be no religions on earth.

Human brains were responsible for the creation of religion, and human brains refuse to let go of religion.

And so it goes.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#443739 May 22, 2013
Maybe it would be best for earth if a god does come and take the holy ones home and destroy the wicked ones.

Then at last other animals could live and die natural deaths ... by fang, claw, sharp teeth and venom ... the way the creator proudly exclaimed that the creation was GOOD!

tongue in cheek
Clay

Garden City, MI

#443740 May 22, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you can't see truth when it's an inch from your face but read this:
13 When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying,“Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?”
14 So they said,“Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
15 He said to them,“But who do you say that I am?”
16 Simon Peter answered and said,“You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
17 Jesus answered and said to him,“Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. 18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. 19 And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”
**Could the rock be the profession that Peter made in verse 16? You think??? Maybe???
**I posted scripture earlier that you ignore stating Jesus is the Rock. " On this rock I will build my church"...hey wait, Christ is the rock and head of the church.
**Won't make sense to you. Satan has blinded you.
Sorry, I read it within an inch of my face. And I still see Jesus Christ giving Peter the keys and not you and OldJG.
So now what to we do? How can we settle this problem.

I think ill read the writings of the first Christians- the disciples of the Apostles to see what they thought. I'll start with Clements first epistle to the Corinthians.... wait a second, who's Clement and why was he writing an epistle to the Corinthians?

hint: He was the successor to Peter and He wrote with authority and the Church @ Corinth obeyed him.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#443741 May 22, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what I said:
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no earthly true church...none.
**You see the word earthly? There is no true church here on earth, not even the one you belong to.
Christ is the Head of the Church
Christ is the Rock...there is no other.
Ok, so which is it:
There is no earthly church, or
all true believers belong to the church.

Or are you implying that the Church doesn't exist yet and will only happen once all the believers are in heaven?

Well, don't you believe in sola scriptura?
What do you make of these verses:

Matthew 18:17
And if he will not hear them: tell the church.

Acts 5:11
And there came great fear upon the whole church,

Acts 7:38
This is he that was in the church in the wilderness,

Acts 8:1
And at that time there was raised a great persecution against the church

Acts 8:3
But Saul made havock of the church, entering in from house to house, and dragging away men and women, committed them to prison.

etc. etc. etc.

Is the church as mentioned in these verses some future entity which exists only in heaven?

Location hidden

#443742 May 22, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't God tell us to honor your father and mother? And to love even our enemies?
Hebrew language usually has a comparative analogy of 2 or more things when using the term "hate", which is best translated as "love less."
is that what you determine all these to mean also then? or is this simply justifying apologetics?

Psalms 118:7
The LORD taketh my part with them that help me: therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me.

Psalms 119:104
Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

Psalms 119:113
I hate vain thoughts: but thy law do I love.

Psalms 119:128
Therefore I esteem all thy precepts concerning all things to be right; and I hate every false way.

Psalms 119:163
I hate and abhor lying: but thy law do I love.

Psalms 129:5
Let them all be confounded and turned back that hate Zion.

Psalms 139:21
Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?

Psalms 139:22
I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.

Proverbs 1:22
How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?

Proverbs 6:16
These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

Proverbs 8:13
The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Proverbs 8:36
But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

Proverbs 9:8
Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.

Proverbs 19:7
All the brethren of the poor do hate him: how much more do his friends go far from him? he pursueth them with words, yet they are wanting to him.

Proverbs 25:17
Withdraw thy foot from thy neighbour's house; lest he be weary of thee, and so hate thee.

Proverbs 29:10
The bloodthirsty hate the upright: but the just seek his soul.

Ecclesiastes 3:8
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Isaiah 61:8
For I the LORD love judgment, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I will direct their work in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them.

Jeremiah 44:4
Howbeit I sent unto you all my servants the prophets, rising early and sending them, saying, Oh, do not this abominable thing that I hate.

Ezekiel 16:27
Behold, therefore I have stretched out my hand over thee, and have diminished thine ordinary food, and delivered thee unto the will of them that hate thee, the daughters of the Philistines, which are ashamed of thy lewd way.

Daniel 4:19
Then Daniel, whose name was Belteshazzar, was astonied for one hour, and his thoughts troubled him. The king spake, and said, Belteshazzar, let not the dream, or the interpretation thereof, trouble thee. Belteshazzar answered and said, My lord, the dream be to them that hate thee, and the interpretation thereof to thine enemies.

Amos 5:10
They hate him that rebuketh in the gate, and they abhor him that speaketh uprightly.

Amos 5:15
Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate: it may be that the LORD God of hosts will be gracious unto the remnant of Joseph.

Amos 5:21
I hate, I despise your feast days, and I will not smell in your solemn assemblies.

Amos 6:8
The Lord GOD hath sworn by himself, saith the LORD the God of hosts, I abhor the excellency of Jacob, and hate his palaces: therefore will I deliver up the city with all that is therein.

Micah 3:2
Who hate the good, and love the evil; who pluck off their skin from off them, and their flesh from off their bones;

Zechariah 8:17
And let none of you imagine evil in your hearts against his neighbour; and love no false oath: for all these are things that I hate, saith the LORD.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr 360Junkman 987,388
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 hr Worth Repeating 31,361
Florida Residents Warned They'll Be Ticketed Fo... 4 hr Black Flag 4
skype usernames for dirty skyping;) and usernam... (Aug '14) 5 hr Will lowe 10
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr Seentheotherside 6,491
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr Lol U suck big D 286,597
Does a cell Phone still ring if a battery has g... (Oct '07) 7 hr Unicorn2331 35
More from around the web