Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653904 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#443493 May 21, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>your right on both replies to my posts,i choose to believe what i see and know for a fact,and the fact is there is no solid proof a god exists and it can not be proven going by a incomplete book,there was something in the books the Catholics didn't want the world to know,and that must be,it would prove they are not gods church,and there is no definite dates concerning anything the bible,all dates are of pagan origin,can you explain why that is? and why nothing exists to prove that a god actually exists,everything mysteriously disappears,why is that?there to many inconsistencies that a god really is out in space some where,the stories of the bible mirror to many other stories that were written well before the one god theory was invented.and speaking of gods where did all the gods go from Greek mythology? and Egyptian gods,an viking gods? what happened to them? why are they so easily dismissed? the books burned by the idiotic pagan/christian church leaders may have something to do with it. show me something concrete for proof,find dates that stand alone concerning Jesus/god.as i stated before the greatest event in mans history and we have hardly no history at all,only one set of incomplete scriptures that were not taken seriously when first discovered.
Not a problem....God will deal with you per your decision....

From what you are saying, when compared to what God said...at the present, you are already condemned to spend eternity with satan....
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#443494 May 21, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
What is wrong with these people????
Jesus is THE CENTER of our Daily Mass.
We can never love Mary more then Jesus does!
We honor Jesus' Mother as God wanted.
Honor your Father and Mother.
Something about Blessed Mary.
By Jon Jakoblich
There are some that say that the Bible really says very little about Mary. However, that is quite contrary to the truth. There are actually a lot of references to Our Lady. For some of these references, you have to do a little bit of digging.
Let’s start at the beginning of the Bible. She is first mentioned in Genesis 3:15, as the Woman whose offspring (Jesus) will crush the head of the serpent (Satan).
Genesis 3:15:
“I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel.”
We see her, again, in a prophecy in the book of Isaiah.
Isaiah 7:14:
“Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.”
Luke 1:28:
“Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee! Blessed art thou among women!”
This translation is very familiar to Catholics and the Bible, but let’s take a look at how other translations read Luke 1:28.
KJV:
“…Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.”
RSV:
“Hail, O favored one, the Lord is with you!”
NIV:
“Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.”
Luke 1:29:
“But she was greatly troubled at the saying, and considered in her mind what sort of greeting this might be.”
What else does the Bible say about Mary?
It tells us that she is the mother of God in no uncertain terms.
Matthew 1:20:
“But as he considered this, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying,‘Joseph, son of David, do not fear to take Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.’”
Matthew 2:11
“…and going into the house they saw the child with Mary his mother, and they fell
down and worshiped him. Then, opening their treasures, they offered him gifts, gold and frankincense and myrrh.”
Obviously if you are already a Christian then you know that this worship is not in vain since we are all taught that Mary was the mother of Jesus.
And here is another Catholic favorite:
Luke 1:41-43:
“And when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit and she exclaimed with a loud cry,“BLESSED ARE YOU AMONG WOMEN, AND BLESSED IS THE FRUIT OF YOUR WOMB!![emphasis added] And why is this granted me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?”
Now, if Mary is “just another woman,” why would Elizabeth be in awe that she was granted a visit from “the mother of my lord?” It just doesn’t make sense that if Mary is any old person and not to be revered in some way that she is treated with such respect and has many honors bestowed upon her such as being “full of grace” and the other examples given.
The Bible shows us that Mary was the perfect example of obedience and humility.
Luke 1:38:
“And Mary said,‘Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word.’ And the angel departed from her.”
It tells us how Mary meditated on all of God’s words and actions.
Luke 2:19:
“But Mary kept all these things, pondering them in her heart.”
It tells us that Jesus was obedient to her.
Luke 2:51:
“And he went down with them and came to Nazareth, and was obedient to them.”
First Miracle by a word from Blessed Mother...
John 2:3-10:
There's
Many religions have found the way to justify their behavior by obscuring Biblical verses like you just did.
Jesus birth was prophesised in the Old Testament. The focus was on him not Mary.
In the New Testament the focus was still on Jesus. Everything happen around him not Mary.
All the verses you posted talk about Jesus not Mary, even tho she is mentioned it is not about her.
Prayers and statues of Mary are a bad thing.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#443495 May 21, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
Laying fear aside...
Surely the Greatest Mind in the Universe could write a Book on which most of its own creation could read on this own, understand, and agree.
Instead, we are told we need man-made gurus and instruction manuals.
I choose not to pretend any more. If you want to join the combat of good and evil, why not start within?
That IS what Jesus said. His words were repeated here several times and rejected. The Constantinian theocracy has created a paradigm on a sand foundation.

Location hidden

#443496 May 21, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>can you prove i am rejecting the actual sacred words of a god? and did you know god existed before you were told he did?
Your words say you are rejecting his Word...that is proof enough for me..

When I was born...I had no idea about anybody or anything...bet you had the same experience!!!!
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#443497 May 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think so Tiger. You can't safely interpret it that way so I don't think you should. Because if you do and you're wrong, John says the plagues described in his prophecy will destroy you. Do you really feel comfortable chancing that?
Read...
http://www.discoveryupdate.com/studies/DanCha...

Then you will see what Daniel and Revelation really mean without the bias and lies from Jesuits.
It is not I who interprets this.
Scholars far greater than I am have for hundreds of years.
Sir Isaac Newton for one.

If you are wrong,(and you are) you will be where you think I am.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#443498 May 21, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is all well and good if that is your belief, but it does not address the post as it was stated...which was...
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, to all your questions.
Mary is not a god because she has no power of her own other than what other humans have.
Thus my reply...
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why dies the RCC preach that subjects pray to Mary as the intercession to have prayers "relayed" in it's course to achieve it's destination?
"May we be assisted, we beseech Thee, O Lord, by the worshipful intercession of Thy glorious Mother, the ever-Virgin Mary; that we, who have been enriched by her perpetual blessings, may be delivered from all dangers, and through her loving kindness made to be of one heart and mind: Who livest and reignest world without end.
Amen."
It appears you do not follow your church doctrine.
Can you see my point here?
Marian doctrine is complicated..

You first and foremost have to understand that she bore Jesus Christ in her womb. Jesus is God made manifest.
From the Bible, you have to understand that God and sin can not procreate to form the perfect manifestation of Himself. Jesus Christ.
It just would not make sense in any simple modern DNA analogy if one of the subjects was God!!
From there, all other Marian Doctrine falls into place and makes perfect sense.
And the powerful, supernatural Marian Apparitions of the past couple centuries add credence to this. God used her once before to bring Christ unto the people and he's using her again..
Clay

Garden City, MI

#443499 May 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a problem....God will deal with you per your decision....
From what you are saying, when compared to what God said...at the present, you are already condemned to spend eternity with satan....
Now THAT is what you'd call the Poop telling the vomit he stinks.

Location hidden

#443500 May 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ox says about Mary, "She was nothing more than a lowly handmaiden.. period"
If I'm Jesus Christ, and someone insults my Mother like that, they are done! The gloves are off! lol.
Seriously, its not fun talking to someone like you that is so far removed from Jesus Christ its bizarre you'd call yourself a Christian.
I am only repeating what Mary said!!!!

Quote: For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

Get a Bible...get a son of God to explain to you what it teaches!!!!!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#443501 May 21, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
marge, if our Church is over 2000 years old and yours is only 100 or so years....how can you say we added, if we had the original Bible first??? You guys DELETED what you didn't like and changed it to fit your own agenda.
Your facts are wrong, our church is older than yours and we back then and now agree with 66 books.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#443502 May 21, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
marge, if our Church is over 2000 years old and yours is only 100 or so years....how can you say we added, if we had the original Bible first??? You guys DELETED what you didn't like and changed it to fit your own agenda.
Exactly the same thing your "church people" did 1600 years ago to the original writings when they compiled their "version" of Jesus teachings.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#443503 May 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder why the Jews destroyed the Apocrypha in 70 AD like your cult leaflet says.
Could it be because the rival Christians were reading it?? Hello?
You guys are going to let the Jews who killed Jesus Christ establish your canon? Because that's exactly what Luther did when he removed the 7 books without the authority to do so.
Clay, can you tell by reading the gospel of thomas it does not belong in the canon, or do you believe it doesn't belong because your church told you?
Clay

Garden City, MI

#443504 May 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I am only repeating what Mary said!!!!
Quote: For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
Get a Bible...get a son of God to explain to you what it teaches!!!!!
So you say Ox. That's your excuse. But do you think Christ will buy it?

Location hidden

#443505 May 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. One mediator. We do not... I repeat...Do not bypass Jesus Christ by asking His Mother to pray for us to HIM.
Why do you say Mary is dead? I don't recall the Bible telling us how she died.
You have a lot more practicing to do before you can become a Catholic!!!!!
Mary: Co-Redemptrix, Mediatrix and Advocate
EWTN

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint John, Canada

#443506 May 21, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Then your response just urges them to continue on with their misinformation.
Why even jest when you can help them understand?
Understand WHAT?

I have my perceptions and they have theirs. They won't stop being Christian just because I have become an Atheist.

I don't believe I have power over their thoughts any more than they have power over mine.

It's just fun, and what I learn from others is that they don't need me to guide them or correct them. They just have fun with me, as I have fun with them.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#443507 May 21, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Read...
http://www.discoveryupdate.com/studies/DanCha...
Then you will see what Daniel and Revelation really mean without the bias and lies from Jesuits.
It is not I who interprets this.
Scholars far greater than I am have for hundreds of years.
Sir Isaac Newton for one.
If you are wrong,(and you are) you will be where you think I am.
Topix thinks you are in Auckland, New Zealand.

Where do you think you are?

Fort Saint John, Canada

#443508 May 21, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
Because the human language is inadequate for a description, all I can do is approximate.
But its a "package" deal. It takes faith, hope, and especially love of God and fellow humanity. Faith and hope merge together, in an intellectual fashion, and becomes the bones and blood of a spiritual body.
Although I have faith, and a fear(the word I use is "awestruck at God's awesomeness) of God's wrath, neither one is a motivation for personal salvation. I can see they are for some, especially when starting out a spiritual journey with God.
If you really trusted that a god loves you, you wouldn't need to belong to any religion. You would rely on the idea that all paths lead to home.

My guess is, the reason you don't trust is that you know that your religion is heaven on one end of the mental spectrum and hell on the other end of the mental spectrum.

You don't want to believe that you could go to hell, so you praise and worship in hopes that it will work in your favor.

Location hidden

#443509 May 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
All those verses were about Pagan Rome. I feel comfortable in saying that because the Roman CATHOLIC Church put that Book in the Bible in 405 AD... 70 yrs after Constantine legalized Christianity. The Pagan Roman Empire is what everyone understood those verses to be.
Really Tiger, this new hoopla about the 'Whore of Babylon' being the Roman Catholic Church is very very new. In fact I don't think your SDA founder, Ellen White, even thunk that. This whole Book of Revelation craze went into overdrive with the fanatics of the 20th century. the JW's and such.
Unfortunately, they completely ignored Johns warning about what'll happen to them for inserting their own teachings on his prophecy.
Chapter Four: The Whore of Revelation

Do you believe this monster is simply a backslidden or apostate church like many of our Christian leaders tell us, or is she the whore of Revelation? Let's look at scripture and check it out for ourselves.

We find in chapter 17 of the Book of Revelation the Bible says, "I will show unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:" And, of course, in scripture the reference to many waters means multitudes of people. Today the Vatican boasts almost one billion followers. What's that, almost a quarter of the earth's population?

And it says, "With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication." If you look back in history you will see that almost every king has had political, economic or religious ties with the Vatican, starting with Constantine the Great, who was actually the first pope, and presided over the first council. Constantine was never saved.(That was another smokescreen.) Most nations today have diplomatic representatives in the Vatican.

"And the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication." We have just looked at the madness of World War II and how it was set up by the Jesuits. And the Bible goes on to say, "The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet." These are the official colors of the Vatican. "And decked with gold and precious stones and pearls." Did you know the Vatican is the wealthiest organization on the face of the earth? Later in the book I'll go into this in more detail. The Bible goes on to say, "And on her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT."

Where did Catholicism come from? If you do a little research you'll find it came from the ancient Babylonian mysteries, and you can trace it right back to Nimrod and Semiramis. Only the names were changed to make it look like a Christian organization.

"The Mother of Harlots and Abominations of the earth." Can I name a few abominations that came from Rome? We have the Nazi Party, which was staffed with Jesuits and high ranking Catholics. And then we have the communist party, another offshoot, or branch of the mother of harlots.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#443511 May 21, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? It sounded like you knew what the Bible said, so I asked.
Yes, they are both OT, and yes, they say opposite things, but I don't see where the context would change the meaning of either.
Neither do you.
In the OT, you claim God/Jesus had no problem killing children, and their children, and their children, up to the fourth generation, all because an original parent sinned.
That's visiting the sin upon the innocent mothers too, like mothers are only an afterthought.
Call it grace, call it whatever you want, that's like worshipping a god with as much compassion as Adolf Hitler.
Thankfully, your psycho god is just as imaginary as the nice gods.
It's the fear that motivates their worship ... not the supposed love.

Who could love a an imagined god that they are certain rejects others for not belonging to the "correct" religion? My guess is, it's not possible.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#443512 May 21, 2013
The spawn of Catholicism...

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com

The Catholic Church screwed up and this is God's punishment.

Location hidden

#443513 May 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Marian doctrine is complicated..
You first and foremost have to understand that she bore Jesus Christ in her womb. Jesus is God made manifest.
From the Bible, you have to understand that God and sin can not procreate to form the perfect manifestation of Himself. Jesus Christ.
It just would not make sense in any simple modern DNA analogy if one of the subjects was God!!
From there, all other Marian Doctrine falls into place and makes perfect sense.
And the powerful, supernatural Marian Apparitions of the past couple centuries add credence to this. God used her once before to bring Christ unto the people and he's using her again..
You are calling Mary a liar!!!! She said, by her very words, that she is no more than a lowly handmaiden. Nothing more...nothing less...

I believe Mary told the truth!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min karl44 63,727
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 29 min WasteWater 2,576
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 1 hr teqy2000 79
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 281,854
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 183,170
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr lightbeamrider 106,495
rajkot to chotila gey sex (Nov '15) 2 hr samir 19
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr LAWEST100 618,736
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr Gabriel 973,749
More from around the web