Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443229 May 21, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>i couldn't watch the whole thing,don't want to toss up my coffee,it boggles the mind that people actually listen to these two idiots,especially after robertson's comments about how women are to make the home more seductive and alluring so their man won't stray,that had me on the floor laughing.this guy knows nothing about the human condition.
It's no wonder that only evil is left for others, when preachers such as Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson grab all the holy stuff for their selves.

:)
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#443230 May 21, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Tower of Babel was the first attempt at one world government and religion. Now it's being tried again.......JETHRO: Where are the remnants of the tower of babel? would love to see pictures of it.
I'm not sure. Here's some info about it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_of_Babel

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443231 May 21, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you insist faith In Jesus and faith in religions are one and the same.
Without first being taught the Christian religion, you would have no awareness of the word Jesus.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#443232 May 21, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>I proved your point wrong,simple as that.not just Catholics,but POPES stated you had to be catholic to get into heaven,how hypocritical.do you really think god cares? he is not the creator of religion,man is,he is sitting up in the clouds laughing at you fools who follow all this man made rubbish...and then there is the fact that we do not know if a god truly exists,no one here has proved it,the pope can not prove it,so where do we find the proof?
~~~

YOU WROTE...

we do not know if a god truly exists,no one here has proved it,the pope can not prove it,so where do we find the proof?

THE ANSWER IS SO SIMPLE...

THAT THE INTELLIGENT MAKE IT HARD...

IT IS

Psa_34:8 ---> O taste and see that the LORD is good:<--

blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

HE IS BEST FOUND BY TASTE TEST

Mat_5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

> JESUS... HERE SPEAKS OF SPIRITUAL FOOD FOR THE SOUL..<

Joh_6:35 And Jesus said unto them,

==> I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#443233 May 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And just wait until judgment day, when Jesus' father finds out that most of the world's people didn't become Christian after all.
My guess is, Jesus is going to pay for THAT huge sin of falling short of his father's expectations to convert the whole world to Christianity.
I never could figure out why a Jewish god would want his son to support Catholicism and tell the Jews that they had to become Catholic or burn in hell.
He has to have a few loose screws rattling around in his invisible head somewhere or other.
True. The delusional keep claiming we are the ones who screwed up.

But who made us in the first place?

The concept of "free will" explains nothing. Who "freely" chooses to spend eternity being tortured.

Nobody "freely" chooses such a thing. And their god sees everything in advance anyhow, right?

So their reality is -- god makes us and KNOWS in advance that we will "freely" make the wrong choice. So their little god makes us knowing full well its going to punish most of humanity forever.

Remember, "the way is narrow" and only a "few are chosen." Bull.

This is like an angry little child who burns up most of the ants in his ant farm with a magnifying glass. What a silly notion of god.

Maybe they should find another way to feel special.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#443234 May 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed!
The bottom line is: Mary is in Heaven because her Son is Jesus Christ- God made manifest. If anyone of us could spare our own Mothers from death and bring her to Heaven, we would. We can't do this of course, but certainly Jesus Christ can and did!
its tough for anyone to ignore the Marian apparitions in the last 150 yrs, as Mary attempts to bring people to her Son. What a great asset we have in our spiritual Mother Mary. "Woman, behold your son, son behold your Mother" wasn't just a saying directed towards John, it was directed towards all of us and is proven by her repeated intercession - especially in the 20th century.
Mary is our Mother. Of course she knows each of us and loves us and prays for us. Much better than our earthly mothers do. What a comfort to know this! I don't see why anyone would reject her!
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#443235 May 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Religion A Delusion "
I get it. What a game they've got going.
Daddy threatens us with Hell.
His son saves us.
Sounds like a Mafia protection racket.
'Daddy' does not threaten us with hell. He tells us that it is there, and shows us how to avoid it.
If you choose to play in the street after daddy tells you not to...you can't blame daddy when a car hits you.
KayMarie
Daddy made us knowing in advance that we will play in the street and get hurt.

Unless of course, your god can't see the future.

Is your god able to see the future?

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443236 May 21, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
God did not create hell for humans,
Theology number two ... pun intended.

If a god created a heaven for good people ... the god also created a hell for bad people.

Judgment day is not about CHOICE. It's about God and Jesus lining up all the souls, and judging who goes to heaven and who goes to hell.

So much for all that free will crap!

Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#443237 May 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The theology is based on "sound" evidence that Jesus came to earth to save souls from the wrath of his own father.
And by the way, his father sent him.
Exactly.

If we saw that same behavior in humans, we would call that psycho.

Psycho god.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443238 May 21, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Our salvation is in our own hands, we were shown the way we only need to follow it.
I suggest you follow the lead of the Muslims. They have an added bonus of virgins.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#443239 May 21, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is writings of prophets and those directly inspired by God each time. The apostles were all breathed upon by God / Jesus. Moses saw God on Mt Sinai. Daniel, Ezekiel, all the rest - directly received inspiration by God to write what we have in the books of the Bible.
There are no contradictions. You are mistaken.
Maybe you are just blinded by the pagan religion, evolution. There is no evidence for evolution. It has been debunked all over the internet. Bible proven true each time.
Bible right again!
if what you say is true,first you must prove a god exists,can you do that with undeniable proof? you say there is no evidence of evolution? your wrong my friend,read Darwin's book,look beyond what you are told to believe,open your eyes to the real world,his first clue of evolution came on his trip to the Galapagos islands,he noticed the same species of bird on the islands, identical in every way except in one, they evolved different beaks in order to survive, because if they all ate the same food,they would perish,so to survive, these identical birds found other sources of nutrition and as time past their beaks changed to make it easier for them to extract the food from the rocks on which it grew.and the best way to prove evolution is the fact it's going on right now as i type,as you know if you read or watch the news, antibiotics are becoming increasingly useless against viruses that use to be easily eradicated by these antibiotics,what is happening is that these viruses are evolving (superbugs) and creating a defense against the antibiotics rendering them useless. Evolution is not a theory it is a fact.another point that came to light was when the aids virus appeared,it was an unknown virus (not exactly true),no way to stop it and there still isn't,you can slow it down,but you can not kill it completely yet.in a search for an answer i believe it was a biologist came across a journal written by a doctor who went to Africa in 1930 to help people with a disease,as it turns out,after reading and sharing the information with other biologists,this doctor was talking about the aids virus in it's infant form,they saw the exact same symptoms that we are seeing today but the difference now is it developed a defense against the drugs that were used at the time.and it is still evolving,what we are using today will become useless tomorrow.science has no choice but to use stem cells to help find cures for these super-bugs,other wise bible prophecy will not come true,there will be no second coming and one final great battle to decide the fate of man kind,we are doing it already,by over use of antibiotics and other medicines making them useless,our extinction will come at the hands of a small living micro-bug.not unless an asteroid gets us first.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#443240 May 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
No Tiger, Catholics don't say Peter was the Rock. Jesus Christ did!
"You are Peter, and on this Rock I will build my Church."
See, Jesus said it, we didn't. It would be wise if you didnt attempt to undo Our Lords will.
So hoiw did iut work out?

2000 years later, most humans have been exposed to this story, yet fewer than 10% actually believe it enough to practice the "true" way as you claim.

So who screwed up?

The CC maybe? Or Jesus? Or God?

Why does your god keep making humans who he knows in advance will reject your absurd story and thus will suffer for eternity (according to the BS).

Do you make things for the purpose of destroying them? If not, why would your god?

200o years and it isn't getting any better, only worse.

So who screwed with this "save mankind" thing?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#443241 May 21, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>if it were true no one would be taking a back seat to anyone, god would not judge by man made religious groups, considering he is not a religious person,everyone is equal in his eyes.
Everyone is equal in this regard - we all get to choose to believe what we want to.

A man can dictate to another on what to believe, but it is the choice of an individual that gets to make the final decision.

No "God" or religion is involved.

Let's say that salvation is attainable. Okay, then how?

A: By a person acting upon a thought from his/her mind and then promoting that thought into an action in either good or bad.
- If good - "heaven" is dreamed up - because others said so
- If bad - "hell" is envisioned - because others said so

A person chooses to be kind, loving, caring, or helpful.

Only the ones with "demons" within themselves, require religion to comfort them.

"To know yourself is to know the kingdom of God"

- faults can overcame, but one must first address that they exist. This is done through honesty. Honesty leads to correcting these inner faults/"demons", which - when fixed or eliminated, will lead to better qualities within and through outward action.

No religion required.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443242 May 21, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
So you know the truth...
As you seem to be able to see the future ... please tell me ... where are you going after you die?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#443243 May 21, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE...
we do not know if a god truly exists,no one here has proved it,the pope can not prove it,so where do we find the proof?
THE ANSWER IS SO SIMPLE...
THAT THE INTELLIGENT MAKE IT HARD...
IT IS
Psa_34:8 ---> O taste and see that the LORD is good:<--
blessed is the man that trusteth in him.
HE IS BEST FOUND BY TASTE TEST
Mat_5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
> JESUS... HERE SPEAKS OF SPIRITUAL FOOD FOR THE SOUL..<
Joh_6:35 And Jesus said unto them,
==> I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
~~~~

THE WORDS OF THE APOSTLE PAUL ARE SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS..

HE WROTE...

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and

in thy heart:

that is, the word of faith,

which we preach;

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth

the Lord Jesus, and

shalt believe in thine heart

that God hath raised him from the dead,

thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and

with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith,

Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

>NATIONALITY DOES NOT MATTER<

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Rom 10:13 ---> For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. <---

Since: Nov 08

usa

#443244 May 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The theology is based on "sound" evidence that Jesus came to earth to save souls from the wrath of his own father.
And by the way, his father sent him.
and the father is the son in the flesh.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#443245 May 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Theology number two ... pun intended.
If a god created a heaven for good people ... the god also created a hell for bad people.
Judgment day is not about CHOICE. It's about God and Jesus lining up all the souls, and judging who goes to heaven and who goes to hell.
So much for all that free will crap!
Why are you so angry?

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443246 May 21, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
True. The delusional keep claiming we are the ones who screwed up.
But who made us in the first place?
The concept of "free will" explains nothing. Who "freely" chooses to spend eternity being tortured.
Nobody "freely" chooses such a thing. And their god sees everything in advance anyhow, right?
So their reality is -- god makes us and KNOWS in advance that we will "freely" make the wrong choice. So their little god makes us knowing full well its going to punish most of humanity forever.
Remember, "the way is narrow" and only a "few are chosen." Bull.
This is like an angry little child who burns up most of the ants in his ant farm with a magnifying glass. What a silly notion of god.
Maybe they should find another way to feel special.
When only a few are chosen ... it means devout believers have to fight to be in the lead. The weak will perish from lack of arrogance.

God is very very picky. Jerry Falwell knew it, and Pat Robertson knows it.

The more you talk the god up by brown-nosing ... the better the chances of making the grade with god ... who locks most of humanity out as evil ingrates.

That's how he shows his love for us.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443247 May 21, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so angry?
If you were going to burn in hell ... would YOU be laughing?

chuck

Dublin, OH

#443248 May 21, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so angry?
It's simple. Because people don't agree with what she believes. Typical atheist...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min TheInterference 831,454
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 min Remnant of 144000 611,972
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 10 min Theswamiji 6,453
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 10 min An NFL Fan 121,746
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 32 min We Are Almost There 3,735
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 35 min Smokin Joe 2,328
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 49 min WildWeirdWillie 176,589
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr BenAdam 443,003
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 hr Tony17 99,363
More from around the web