Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 595764 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#443209 May 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
So let me get this straight.
Jesus has to save lost souls, otherwise they will burn in a hell that Jesus' father allows to exist.
And those who believe in a god, claim that the god is love.
It would be difficult to find a teaching that is more screwed up than the teaching of religion.
:)
Religions are screwed up but Jesus is not, why do you insist faith In Jesus and faith in religions are one and the same.
God did not create hell for humans, and God doesn't put us there humans go there willingly.
Not only do humans put themselves in hell they want and make sure they take company with them.
Our salvation is in our own hands, we were shown the way we only need to follow it..
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#443210 May 21, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>it constantly contradicts itself,the N.T. corrects the errors of the O.T.
Jethro, I don't believe this to be true.
I think it is just the opposite,
In the O.T. they were under the law,
The N.T. we are under the blood of Jesus.
We are still to obey the laws of God ,

Those who are punished for breaking the laws is severe Jethro, but remember Nations are in judgement because of people breaking the laws of God.
The people who broke Gods laws knew that, but did it anyway.
so who is the monster here a person who willing put a whole nation in judgement for his own selfish wants.
Or a God who made away for the forgiveness of sins.
Remember also the nations God did destroy were selling their own child for blood sacrifices to Baal. or some other evil practice
June and some others want to know why
God doesn't put an end to the suffering of the innocent, and when He does people claim He is the monster.
People have to make up their minds. To every thing there is a season Jethro, God isn't the bad guy here.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#443211 May 21, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
This rock meaning Peter's confession that He was the Christ.
Jesus sure built an horrific church on Peter if the RCC is understood to be it.
It would be wise for you to get out of that corrupt and abominable mess you are in.
Jesus is the rock on which his church is built in heaven,peter realizing on his own was given authority (the keys)to Jesus' church,to send the apostles out among the people to teach them gods word,not create religious groups,just teach gods word. and why did Jesus call peter Satan,just because peter was upset over the fact that he knew Jesus was going to be killed? why didn't Jesus just tell peter the truth as why he must die? instead he calls him Satan,why?
socci

Maysville, MO

#443212 May 21, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
the bible/scriptures are writings of men with no evidence to support it is fact,you are suppose to believe it (blind faith)because mans churches say it is true,none of them can prove it, but for a dollar or more they will try and convince you it is all true.

The Bible is writings of prophets and those directly inspired by God each time. The apostles were all breathed upon by God / Jesus. Moses saw God on Mt Sinai. Daniel, Ezekiel, all the rest - directly received inspiration by God to write what we have in the books of the Bible.

There are no contradictions. You are mistaken.

Maybe you are just blinded by the pagan religion, evolution. There is no evidence for evolution. It has been debunked all over the internet. Bible proven true each time.

Bible right again!

usa

#443213 May 21, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, he's just another protestant paper pope!
Self-declared, a legend in his own mind!
the same way the catholic church thinks.

usa

#443214 May 21, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
Moses said this 3500 years ago: "For their rock is not as our Rock" (Deut. 32:31).
"For who is God save the Lord? Or who is a ROCK save our God" (Psalm 18:31).
Psalm 118:22 "The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone."
Isaiah 28:16 Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: "Behold, I lay in Zion a stone for a foundation, A tried stone, a precious cornerstone, a sure foundation; Whoever believes will not act hastily.
Zechariah 10:4 From him comes the cornerstone, From him the tent peg, From him the battle bow, From him every ruler together.
Matthew 21:42 Jesus said to them, "Have you never read in the Scriptures:‘The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone. This was the LORD's doing, And it is marvellous in our eyes'
Mark 12:10 Have you not even read this Scripture:‘The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone.
Luke 20:17 Then He looked at them and said, "What then is this that is written:‘The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone'?
Acts 4:11 This is the 'stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.'
1Peter 2:6 Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture, "Behold, I lay in Zion A chief cornerstone, elect, precious, And he who believes on Him will by no means be put to shame."
1Peter 2:7 Therefore, to you who believe,[He is] precious; but to those who are disobedient, "The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone,"
Throughout the Bible, we read that Christ was and is a ROCK.
Catholics say NO. Peter was the rock.
Christ is the foundational rock,peter and the other apostles are the cornerstones of the church,and the followers are the stones that complete the church spoken of in the book of Mathew.
truth

Perth, Australia

#443215 May 21, 2013
then who is poor prayers
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#443216 May 21, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics DO pray to Mary. The pope does. He tells us he is now going to pray to Mary.
Hail Mary, Mother of God... Is this not an address?
Prayers to Mary abound. Many written by popes.
Do not try to tell us Catholics do not pray to Mary or statues of her.
It is blatantly obvious.
Catholics carry images of Mary through streets.
What you say here is a stupid distraction from the fact that you DO pray to dead people.
Mary is in heaven. People in heaven are alive. If Mary is not in heaven, you don't have much hope of being there when you die.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#443217 May 21, 2013
Regina wrote:
He is not the God of the dead, but of the living. You therefore do greatly err. Mark 12:27
He is not the God of the dead, but of the living. You are badly mistaken!"
He is not God of the dead, but of the living. You are quite wrong.”
He is not God of the dead but of the living. You are badly deceived."
Gee, looks like all the non-Christians who think the saints are dead are badly mistaken, quite wrong, badly deceived, and greatly err. Oh, well, their loss.
The saints are in heaven. People in heaven are alive. Catholics ask them to pray for us. Others do not avail themselves of this help.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#443218 May 21, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus didn't "write" anything.
I have the translation of "Thomas".
Scholars have the dates set at...
AD 75 - 80 : redaction of Mark (conservative estimate : 65 -70) ;
AD 85 - 90 : redaction of Matthew (80 - 85) ;
AD 95 : redaction of John (90 - 100) ;
AD 110 : redaction of Luke & Acts (85 - 90).
----------
AD 70 - 100 : Gospel of Thomas
The first organised church(ecclesiastical order) was basically set up through Paul(according to the "redaction of Luke). It was called (based upon the Jewish core belief and the addition of the writings about apostles)..."The church of Jerusalem".
How did the first(core) "church" get moved to Rome?
When Peter went to Rome. Where the Bishop is, there is the Church.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#443219 May 21, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then here it is The earliest translation...before several redactions.
In Luke 17:21 Jesus is asked when the Kingdom of God will come,
and he replies: Ou)k e1rxetai h( basilei/a tou= Qeou= meta\
parathrh/sewj, ou)de\e)rou=sin: i)dou\w{de, h1: e)kei=: i)dou\ga\r h(
basilei/a tou=Qeou=e)nto\j u(mw=n e)stin,“The Kingdom of God
does not come when people are spying on it, nor will they say,‘Behold, it is here,’ or ‘there;’ for the Kingdom of God is entos humôn.”
No variant readings are attested for e)nto\j u(mw=n, an expression
which modern translations generally render “among you,” meaning
either that the Kingdom is not in the political and military structures of the world, but only in the community of believers, or that
the Kingdom is there and is represented by Jesus. But I shall argue
that the right translation is “inside you,” and that the ancient Syriac
versions, together with many other elements, strongly support this
interpretation. This saying of Jesus may have been preserved originally in Aramaic, in which case e)nto/j might be a translation of
&#1490;&#1468;&#14 93;&#1463; / &#1490;&#1468;&#14 93;&#1488;, meaning “interior,” and, in the prepositional construct
&#1489;&#1468;&#14 90;&#1493;&#1465;& #1488;&#1456; ,“inside.” It is related to the Hebrew noun &#1490;&#1468;&#14 93;&#1461;, &#1490;&#1468;&#14 93;&#1463;, meaning
“interior, inside,” and to Syriac Í&#1811;, &#1808;Í&#1811; meaning “the inside,
the inner parts,” which, as I shall show, also appears in the Peshitta
and the Harklean version of this logion of Jesus.
The ancient "script" won't show in it's proper form due to topix, so here is a link.
yrcom.cua.edu/Hugoye/Vol12No2/HV12N2Ramelli.p...
Sorry, the link didn't work.
I will agree that we experience the kingdom of God in our innermost being or that when we experience it, we experience it to the core. But I don't think we should naval gaze in order to find it.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#443220 May 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
This might be way over your head, as you do not know enough yet about scripture nor or you an authority to teach sacred scripture...
www.catholicbible101.com/therapture.htm
Nice link. Added to my favs.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#443221 May 21, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are hundreds, probably thousands.
Here is one tidbit from 1987.
http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1987-07-16/f...
----------
Here is what they might allow you to see.
BTW-not the restrictions that make it all but impossible...
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/archivos_pd...
----------
Are you just "playing" me? No catholic should be that ignorant of their church's history or workings.
The link is about the Church sharing these items with the public in a traveling exhibit.
Is that the best proof that the Church "hoards" treasures you have?

usa

#443222 May 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You think the Pope was claiming superiority over Heaven? Sounds like - if anything - it would be Earth. But of course, that's not what he's saying either.
Its difficult to read Protestant sources because they altered so much. Sometimes they removed words or altered sentences to paint a different picture. I'm talking about the classic 18th/19th century propaganda that was successful in pulling people away from the Church. Like with Papal infallibility. They isolated a line and then circulated it to all the towns. It might be easy to debunk now, but was impossible back then.
Anyway, what you guys do here (especially the last couple days) is recycle these age old leaflets to paint Catholicism in a negative light. To me, its really desperate of you guys.
I proved your point wrong,simple as that.not just Catholics,but POPES stated you had to be catholic to get into heaven,how hypocritical.do you really think god cares? he is not the creator of religion,man is,he is sitting up in the clouds laughing at you fools who follow all this man made rubbish...and then there is the fact that we do not know if a god truly exists,no one here has proved it,the pope can not prove it,so where do we find the proof?
Clay

United States

#443223 May 21, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary is in heaven. People in heaven are alive. If Mary is not in heaven, you don't have much hope of being there when you die.
Agreed!

The bottom line is: Mary is in Heaven because her Son is Jesus Christ- God made manifest. If anyone of us could spare our own Mothers from death and bring her to Heaven, we would. We can't do this of course, but certainly Jesus Christ can and did!
its tough for anyone to ignore the Marian apparitions in the last 150 yrs, as Mary attempts to bring people to her Son. What a great asset we have in our spiritual Mother Mary. "Woman, behold your son, son behold your Mother" wasn't just a saying directed towards John, it was directed towards all of us and is proven by her repeated intercession - especially in the 20th century.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#443224 May 21, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
51 “Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.”
1 Thessalonians 4:15-17
15 “For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.”
This is so plain to me.
Why would the dead have to be raised if they are already in Heaven?
Heaven stands outside of time.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#443225 May 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The theology is based on "sound" evidence that Jesus came to earth to save souls from the wrath of his own father.
And by the way, his father sent him.
~~~

So you know the truth...

The wages of sin is death...sin reaps it's own harvest...

for example

Jas 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

Jas 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

Jas 1:14 ==> But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

Jas 1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. <==

~~~

Your vendetta against God will eventually reap it's own harvest

You pack you own lunch...You are so arrogant at the present time

but when the result of you present actions comes upon you ...

as before you will not accept responsibility for you own actions....

YOU WILL BLAME IT ON GOD...BUT YOU WILL REAP WHAT YOU ARE SOWING

JUST AS SURE AS YOU EXIST....YOU WILL FACE YOUR BLASPHEMY...AGAINST HIM

UNLESS YOU REPENT...

Mat_3:2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Mar_1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Luk_13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Act_2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Act_3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

Rom 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

Rom 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443226 May 21, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
No sinner will go in front of God.
When you stand in front of Allah, you will find out where your sin took YOU! SO THERE!

Gee, this threatening game is a lot of fun.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443227 May 21, 2013
Chaumette wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't Benedict retire?
Apparently one or another god retired him.

Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#443228 May 21, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>if it were true no one would be taking a back seat to anyone, god would not judge by man made religious groups, considering he is not a religious person,everyone is equal in his eyes.
I agree with you.

Isn't it strange how otherwise normal humans create an imaginary god in their minds, one who (here comes reality)-- divides us and gives humanity (more reality)- conflicting information, so we can only argue over who is "right."

People will argue that I'm wrong, but one read of this board confirms my belief -- as does thousands of years of actual world history.

What a small, angry little god they imagine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 min Black Marlowe 444,086
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Justise League 853,347
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 21 min razz58 2,620
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 29 min The_Box 100,655
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Peace_Warrior 612,582
Can a White Pride Group not be labeled a racist... (Apr '07) 2 hr UnderstandPeople 6,101
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr Seriously__ 5,786
More from around the web