Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603377 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Disciple

San Diego, CA

#443172 May 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I wonder ... on judgment day, if Jesus will be beside his father in passing judgment on who will be allowed in the pearly gates, and who will have to fry for eternity?
People brag Jesus up so much, that I can't see him being involved in something so trying on the nerves.
"Hey dad ... where do you want this soul to go?"
"In the incinerator son."
"Okie dokie daddy ... NEXT!!!"
No sinner will go in front of God.
Clay

United States

#443173 May 20, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
This rock meaning Peter's confession that He was the Christ.
Jesus sure built an horrific church on Peter if the RCC is understood to be it.
It would be wise for you to get out of that corrupt and abominable mess you are in.
Horrific Church? Like how bad? Oh yeah, we murdered millions and tortured billions and every single Priest is a child molester; the Pope is an anti Christ and we worship statues.
Now I gotta sleep. After I count Protestant denominations and worship my statue of Mary.

Goodnight Tiger. I pray some good can come out of our heated exchange tonight. You're obviously passionate about your faith..
truth

Perth, Australia

#443174 May 20, 2013
Peter say to whom..do you lay Holy Spirit?
o Stvorce Duse Svet =Holy Spirit
Clay

United States

#443175 May 20, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the authority to say this to me?
Really? Who are you?
Have I not pointed out the many verses which say dead people sleep?
BUT YOU HAVE NO ANSWER SO YOU MAKE A SNIDE ATTACK.
TYPICAL CATHOLIC.
You're right, I did make a few snide remarks today. That's not how I want to convey the Catholic faith. Sorry if I insulted you, Tiger.

Its my understanding that 'sleep' is a figure of speech and not literally speaking. I know the word is mentioned quite a bit in scripture, but the concept of literally sleeping, was never taught in Christianity to my knowledge. I believe the Church teaches its Purgatory. But I honestly never really dove into it.
marge

Ames, IA

#443176 May 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think Christianity began in 400 AD, when the Roman Catholic Church established the NT Canon?
Or do you believe Christianity began shortly after the Bible was published on September 30th, 1452 - and all you fundies were then able to read Revelation on your own!!
Or was Christianity finally started in the 20th century upon the emergence of the born again movement and the 'Alter Calls'?
'In the beginning was the Word'
truth

Perth, Australia

#443177 May 20, 2013
Did you took something from table?
Did you remember Jesus give bread to his discipline some?
How can be someone take everything some brothers and sisters don't have nothing?
Is Father do that?
Is Mother do that?
marge

Ames, IA

#443178 May 20, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Regina"
Soul sleep is unbiblical, Marge.
I thought we went through this with you a few years ago. Do you remember when I had to practically beg your so-called "brothers" and "sisters" to straighten you out? They finally came through and told you to cut it out. Now you're at it again.
Stop letting yourself be tossed about with every wind of doctrine. Just because someone posts something anti-Catholic and tickles your ears, doesn't mean you should align yourself with them. I know that's what all of you do, but it's obvious and stupid. Be different from the other fundies, have some integrity.
Have some integrity...good advice. Since none of us have been 'over there', we should refrain from quarreling about mysteries that have not been made manifest to us.
I Thes. 4:15 For this we say to you BY THE WORD OF THE LORD, that we which are alive, and remain, shall not prevent them WHICH ARE ASLEEP....16...AND THE DEAD IN CHRIST SHALL RISE FIRST...
It is not 'obvious'...
KayMarie
Hey Kay Marie I know I should just stick to Scripture but we both know they can't 'see' it so sometimes I use my own words to try to explain it to them and sometimes use the wrong word.

Anyway you can correct me anytime:)
truth

Perth, Australia

#443179 May 20, 2013
Jesus say..I am going where you can't go..but I will send you Spirit of Comforter as wel protector..spirit for understanding..spirit for profecy=how many prophets you kill=everything will past my words not=Jesus Christ..and so on...all of us have some gift..
'divine warning is within you'..if you warn someone
its good..you can pray for remove curse and destiny from your family for your friends and so on.
'everything will past my words not'
we know who first coming fallen one..
divine warning is good=its mean Holy Spirit working with you since you are baptize ..
truth

Perth, Australia

#443180 May 20, 2013
one man say to me
i can make you sleep..but i chat and chat and chat..no its not happen..after all he stand up and say i have to go..Did God give chance to him put me in sleep..no.
Why not..oh must be Holy Spirit as protector working.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#443181 May 20, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
'In the beginning was the Word'
So simple, it's right in front of them. I think the church wants to keep them eternally convoluted.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#443182 May 20, 2013
Clay refused to answer my question..is there any other Catholic that will dare to do so????

Clay.....

Should you be called to do a specific job and when you report for work, you are given all the neccessary tools that will allow you to be perfect in performing your work, what other tools would you need?
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#443183 May 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
Horrific Church? Like how bad? Oh yeah, we murdered millions and tortured billions and every single Priest is a child molester; the Pope is an anti Christ and we worship statues.
Now I gotta sleep. After I count Protestant denominations and worship my statue of Mary.
Goodnight Tiger. I pray some good can come out of our heated exchange tonight. You're obviously passionate about your faith..
Oh don't make me feel that I have to explain the atrocities the RCC have committed through history.
You do seem to exaggerate and attribute words and ideas to me.

I have a list of the ten worst popes.

Number 15 is ...
Pope Alexander VI 1492-1503.

Pope Alexander VI had a special place in Hell reserved for him in the circle of lust. On Halloween night of 1501, he was said to have organized and participated in the “worst orgy ever in the Vatican”.

While sex with promiscuous women while unwed and sworn to celibacy and a life devoted to God may be forgivable in certain circles, his other most awful sexual conduct would be frowned upon by just about any member of our currently civilized society.

Alexander VI also was known to fornicate regularly with his two sisters and his daughter. For the crime of incest, Alexander VI is surely damned to the core and quite prodigiously ‘evil’.

Need more?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#443184 May 20, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Peter did absolutely NOTHING! Peter was nothing more than a vessel God used to deliver HIS message....not Peter's message. Peter was a coward until the Holy Spirit came upon him. Do you recall he denied Jesus three times. Once he denied Jesus to a little girl. So don't tell us about how wonderful Peter was.
Your said, quote, "Peter scolded the land owner and his wife for deceiving them and they fell dead;" End quote.
So Ananias and Sapphira withheld money from the apostles and your saying they fell dead because Peter scolded them. Are you completely off your rocker?
You said, quote, "Peter gave the word of God to the first Gentiles. The other Apostles questioned his doing, but he spoke from the authoritative chair so they obeyed." End quote.
Try reading Acts 10. Cornelius sent for Peter as God had instructed. While up on a roof Peter denies God three more times regarding what is clean and what is unclean. In fact Peter considered the Gentiles to be unclean. Do you remember? But to his credit Peter finally goes with the men Cornelius sent to bring him.
<quoted text>
Cly, I have asked you repeatedly that when you quote me to post my entire post. Again you did not post the entire post and thereafter went about making statements that make no sense.
I said, quote, "Peter did absolutely NOTHING! Peter was nothing more than a vessel God used to deliver HIS message....not Peter's message. Peter was a coward until the Holy Spirit came upon him. Do you recall he denied Jesus three times. Once he denied Jesus to a little girl. So don't tell us about how wonderful Peter was." End quote.
Your response, "'Peter was a vessel; Paul was a vessel; Mary the Mother of Our Lord Jesus Christ, was just a vessel'" End quote.
Thank you. You are proficient at stating the obvious. Let me ask, was Peter, Paul or Mary anything other than a vessel used by God to further His kingdom? Hey, that was a group at one time...Peter, Paul and Mary.
Your said, quote, "Peter scolded the land owner and his wife for deceiving them and they fell dead;" End quote.
So Ananias and Sapphira withheld money from the apostles and your saying they fell dead because Peter scolded them. Are you completely off your rocker?
You said, quote, "Peter gave the word of God to the first Gentiles. The other Apostles questioned his doing, but he spoke from the authoritative chair so they obeyed." End quote.
Try reading Acts 10. Cornelius sent for Peter as God had instructed. While up on a roof Peter denies God three more times regarding what is clean and what is unclean. In fact Peter considered the Gentiles to be unclean. Do you remember? But to his credit Peter finally goes with the men Cornelius sent to bring him.
Cly, you need to read A Bible instead of listening to Rome and the poop.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"I will give you the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven. WHATEVER you bind on Earth shall be bound in Heaven. WHATEVER you loose on Earth shall be loosed in Heaven"
How do you manage to undo this authority that Jesus Christ Himself gave the Rock, Peter?
what happens if Peter used the keys to appoint Clement as Bishop;Linus as Bishop and passed the keys unto them? Does Christ say,'wait a second, I didn't mean you could do THAT with the keys!!
Several verses later in Matthew Jesus call Peter Satan. Is Peter Satan? Matthew 16:23, "But he turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a hindrance to me. For you are not setting your mind on the things of God, but on the things of man."

So is Peter Satan or not? Jesus called him Satan. Do you believe Jesus or not?
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#443185 May 20, 2013
Eight and nine are ...

8. Pope Sergius III 904-911
In seven short years as Pope, Sergius III was bad the minute he was made Pope. He took the Papacy through murder and while in office, lived quite contently unmarried with a concubine by the name of Marozia. While his political affiliates may have enjoyed his murderous tendencies for the sake of gaining control of the papacy, Sergius’s concubine may have rivalled him in true potential for evil. Marozia personally assassinated Pope Leo VI who followed Sergius just seventeen short years after Sergius left the Throne of Peter in order to claim the throne for Sergius’ and her son, John XI. Wicked.

9. Pope Damasus I 366-384
Individuals who lived to see Damasus’s rule saw a bitter day: women and children were bought and sold as sex slaves to increase funding for the church at Damasus’s design. Those who opposed the tyrannical rule of Damasus would be tortured and literally burned alive after their lands were seized and used for church designated purposes. Worse still is that the women forced into prostitution were not always simple subjects of Rome, but female priests and nuns themselves. So much for serving in humility before God…
While some light could be said to come out of this, there were forty-four bishops who abhorred the acts of Pope Damasus I and had found him guilty of adultery on many counts. Unfortunately, the office of the Pope was a strong central figurehead and Pope Damasus I weaselled his way through being convicted of the crimes that he was known to commit on a regular basis. After the charges had passed, all forty-four bishops were murdered at the order of Damasus I. What could be done? Nothing. Damasus I was also the first among Popes to instill the concept that the papacy was a supreme office of God, using the Petrine text in the Holy book of Matthew to support his claims. Nothing like divine intervention eh? Among the populous these heinous crimes went without retribution. For his adulterous behavior, the public commonly referred to him as “Auriscalpius Matronarum” which means “ladies’ ear scratcher” in Latin. It’s a shame they didn’t name him “constituent back-stabber”.

Location hidden

#443186 May 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Priest likely gave up like most of us do, when we confront a 9/11 conspiracy fanatic.
Nothing we tell them will change their mind. We can show them letters from the terrorist to their mothers (hypothetically)- explaining that they are going to be a martyr by flying a plane into the building on this exact date at this exact time, and they will not believe it. Why? Because people thrive off secret conspiracy crap.
You won't ever admit you're wrong and that you added to Johns Prophecy by teaching that he's talking about the Roman Catholic Church. We showed you his words in bold plain writing, what will happen to you for doing that, and you STILL will not accept it.
As long as you can control sacred scriptures with your mind, nobody can tell you otherwise!
"You are Peter, and ON THIS ROCK"
Nope, thats not what he meant.
"This is my Body"
Nope he didnt mean literally
"If I am delayed, no how to behave in the household of God, which is the Church of the living God, the Pillar and Bulwark of truth"
Nope, the Church isnt the pillar and bulwark of truth, the Bible is.
Sola Scripture is convenient for those of you who wish to design your own christianity. You simply can reject and accept anything you see fit. Such mentality could only have come from the Devil..
Catholics are forever trying to sell to the world, the idea that Christ, a Jew, and His 12 Jewish apostles, during the time that Christ was on earth, established the Roman Catholic Church, that everyone knows, that even as of today, is for Gentiles and not Jews!!!!

Quote: After excerpts from the second volume of the pope’s book on Jesus made the rounds last week, featuring his rejection of the idea that “the Jews” killed Christ, the full text adds another point with important implications for Christian/Jewish relations -- in effect, that Christianity “must not concern herself with the conversion of the Jews.”

The comment comes in Benedict XVI’s book Jesus of Nazareth: Holy Week, the full text of which was released today.
marge

Ames, IA

#443187 May 20, 2013
Hey truth from perth, I can tell you Love the Word of God and we all know God says you will be blessed for your Faith.

I love you big sister, be blessed:)

We had big tornados and storms here in mid-america, many killed and hurt, send some of your prayers this way.

Location hidden

#443188 May 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Priest likely gave up like most of us do, when we confront a 9/11 conspiracy fanatic.
Nothing we tell them will change their mind. We can show them letters from the terrorist to their mothers (hypothetically)- explaining that they are going to be a martyr by flying a plane into the building on this exact date at this exact time, and they will not believe it. Why? Because people thrive off secret conspiracy crap.
You won't ever admit you're wrong and that you added to Johns Prophecy by teaching that he's talking about the Roman Catholic Church. We showed you his words in bold plain writing, what will happen to you for doing that, and you STILL will not accept it.
As long as you can control sacred scriptures with your mind, nobody can tell you otherwise!
"You are Peter, and ON THIS ROCK"
Nope, thats not what he meant.
"This is my Body"
Nope he didnt mean literally
"If I am delayed, no how to behave in the household of God, which is the Church of the living God, the Pillar and Bulwark of truth"
Nope, the Church isnt the pillar and bulwark of truth, the Bible is.
Sola Scripture is convenient for those of you who wish to design your own christianity. You simply can reject and accept anything you see fit. Such mentality could only have come from the Devil..
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Since the man of God is "thoroughly furnished" by all scripture, inspired of God, unto good works....what else is necessary????!!!! How can he be more "thoroughly furnished"????!!!!

thoroughly: completely

Location hidden

#443189 May 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You are calling the pope approved NABre a farce!!!!!

Quote: The keys to the kingdom of heaven:

The image of the keys is probably drawn from Is 22:15–25 where Eliakim, who succeeds Shebnah as master of the palace, is given “the key of the house of David,” which he authoritatively “opens” and “shuts”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#443190 May 20, 2013
Elizabeth wrote:
As someone who is catholic and was raised in the faith, I find this truly offensive that the Pope would make a statement like this. It is making me seriously consider leaving the church. As long as popele believe in God and the holy trinity, why does it matter whether they believe as catholics, methodists, lutherans, etc? I think Benedict has gone too far with this statement and I do believe it is going to hurt the catholic church in the long run.
Didn't Benedict retire?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#443191 May 20, 2013
Have a wonderful evening!=)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Turkey 880,011
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 9 min waaasssuuup 7,642
The Christian Atheist debate 14 min Into The Night 3,932
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 16 min Soon Armagedon Day 41,154
Poll It is fine when the brother makes children of h... 18 min Aiesha_2001 1
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 29 min waaasssuuup 8,268
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 55 min Lyndi 177,892
More from around the web