Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
427,261 - 427,280 of 538,950 Comments Last updated 38 min ago
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#443134 May 20, 2013
marge wrote:
'Asleep in Jesus' is the correct term, thus they can be woken, but most of the time their resting.
They can't hear you Regina.
If Regina wishes to ignore the many texts which point out that the dead await a resurrection that is her problem.

Death is a Sleep...

Job 14:12 The dead “shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep” until “the heavens be no more.”

Psalms 13:3 “Lest I sleep the sleep of death.”

Daniel 12:2 “Many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake.”

Acts 7:60 When Stephen died,“he fell asleep.”

John 11:11-14 “Lazarus sleeps … Jesus spoke of his death.”

1 Corinthians 11:30; 15:6, 18, 51 Paul said death was “sleep.”

1 Thessalonians 4:13-16 Those “which sleep in Jesus” will be resurrected.

Still don't believe in the Bible?

Still think one text proves this wrong?
truth

Perth, Australia

#443135 May 20, 2013
then i walk and talk between them..o simo..what you doing simo..he collecting dead body..oh he say ..more will come..who..all of them sleep nobody say nothing even zuc..no any movement..but i walk and i talk i see i been there..

then one time i see i walk ones more but i did not see who..but i remember i come with 'light'..yes its bring me in light..i walk between them..yee i see they are alive..but some of them..what i see in blade..they liked died but can't'..

then i see again its took me for my hand and bring me here trough future in this city nothing exist trough street dead body nobody alive..i walk i talk in presence as i am today..yes i walk ones more ..i wealk between them i call i talk i try know whats happen..but this time i see who is that man..he who is at is ..no better friend..which Jesus is friend he is the best best friend who is as it is..but i been alive with my family we walk we talk we see each other as we so today i walk and talk i see i been save.

'who is that friend..no better friend'
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#443136 May 20, 2013
The Dead are Unconscious...

Psalms 115:17 “The dead praise not the Lord, neither any that go down into silence.”

Psalms 146:4 When a man dies,“in that very day his thoughts perish.”

Ecclesiastes 9:5 “The dead know not anything.”

Ecclesiastes 9:10 “There is no work... nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave.”

Is this unbiblical, Regina? How so?
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#443137 May 20, 2013
All Believers will be Resurrected when Jesus Christ Returns...

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 “The Lord himself shall descend ... the dead ... shall rise ... to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.”

1 Corinthians 15:50-55 The saints cry out,“0 death, where is thy sting” when they are resurrected at the second coming of Jesus.
John 14:1-3 Jesus will take us to heaven when He “comes again.”

1 Corinthians 15:12-23 Paul says there is a resurrection of both Christ and the dead,“but every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.”

Still think the dead are not really dead?

John 14:2-3 says,“In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there you may be also.”

So this is what happens when we die from the Word of God and by no man’s interpretation.

This leaves only one conclusion to those who believe they have spoken to loved ones in séances etc.

Since the dead sleep until the second coming of Christ, theses manifestations have to be demons masquerading as our loved ones to deceive us.

As for Purgatory, it is found nowhere in the Bible and was manufactured by the Papacy as a means of extorting money from people through the dark ages.

No offence intended to the many wonderful people
in the Roman Catholic Church.
Truth is truth and this is the truth about what happens when we die. As there is no consciousness of time in sleep, the moment we close our eyes we will see Jesus coming in the clouds of Angels.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443138 May 20, 2013
So let me get this straight.

Jesus has to save lost souls, otherwise they will burn in a hell that Jesus' father allows to exist.

And those who believe in a god, claim that the god is love.

It would be difficult to find a teaching that is more screwed up than the teaching of religion.

:)
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#443139 May 20, 2013
Ecclesiastes 9:10 “Whatsoever your hand findeth to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither you goest.”

Job 14:12 “So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep.”

Psalms 13:3 “Consider and hear me, O LORD my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;”

If I was in heaven, I most definitely would be praising the Lord. How about you?
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#443140 May 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
..."You are Peter, and ON THIS ROCK"
Nope, thats not what he meant.
"This is my Body"
Nope he didnt mean literally
"If I am delayed, no how to behave in the household of God, which is the Church of the living God, the Pillar and Bulwark of truth"
Nope, the Church isnt the pillar and bulwark of truth, the Bible is.
Sola Scripture is convenient for those of you who wish to design your own christianity. You simply can reject and accept anything you see fit. Such mentality could only have come from the Devil..
You are confused, Clay.
"Thou art Petros, and upon this Petra, I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

Jesus was using a play on words,“thou art Peter (Petros = little stone), and upon this rock (petra = large rock) I will build my church...

Jesus referred to Peter as a little stone, and to Himself as a large rock.

Jesus is the chief corner-stone. He was referring to Himself, the large rock, in which the church would be built upon, not Peter.

It is Jesus Christ that the gates of Hell shall not prevail against, not sinful, weak, mortal man.

In the very same chapter Jesus turns to Peter and calls him Satan because Peter had tried to turn Jesus away from going to the Cross to die for sinners: "But he turned and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offense unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men" (Matt. 16:23).
And you say he was a pope!?!?!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#443141 May 20, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, he's just another protestant paper pope!
Self-declared, a legend in his own mind!
But what happens if somebody were to dive deep into scripture that they convert to Catholicism, like Dr. Hahn?
There has been a wave of notable Protestant Ministers that have thrown in the towel and accepted truth. Its not easy for them to leave their careers. And for Tiger, it wouldnt be easy either, because he won't be able to control his own Christianity!

Alex Jones, former Pentecostal Minister decides he doesn't want to face God knowing the truth in Catholicism.
www.youtube.com/watch...

Two Evangelical Ministers stumble to find the words to explain the recent influx of notable Evangelical Ministers into the Catholic Church.
www.youtube.com/watch...
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#443142 May 20, 2013
Moses said this 3500 years ago: "For their rock is not as our Rock" (Deut. 32:31).

"For who is God save the Lord? Or who is a ROCK save our God" (Psalm 18:31).

Psalm 118:22 "The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone."

Isaiah 28:16 Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: "Behold, I lay in Zion a stone for a foundation, A tried stone, a precious cornerstone, a sure foundation; Whoever believes will not act hastily.

Zechariah 10:4 From him comes the cornerstone, From him the tent peg, From him the battle bow, From him every ruler together.

Matthew 21:42 Jesus said to them, "Have you never read in the Scriptures:‘The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone. This was the LORD's doing, And it is marvellous in our eyes'

Mark 12:10 Have you not even read this Scripture:‘The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone.

Luke 20:17 Then He looked at them and said, "What then is this that is written:‘The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone'?

Acts 4:11 This is the 'stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.'

1Peter 2:6 Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture, "Behold, I lay in Zion A chief cornerstone, elect, precious, And he who believes on Him will by no means be put to shame."

1Peter 2:7 Therefore, to you who believe,[He is] precious; but to those who are disobedient, "The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone,"

Throughout the Bible, we read that Christ was and is a ROCK.

Catholics say NO. Peter was the rock.
truth

Perth, Australia

#443143 May 20, 2013
how you behave

if you suffering if they reject you
don't be afraid
take your Cross
remember
'love your God with heart and mind'

'you can't make God bigger with your money'
omnipresence
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#443144 May 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Jesus has to save lost souls, otherwise they will burn in a hell that Jesus' father allows to exist.
It would be difficult to find a teaching that is more screwed up than the teaching of religion.
I get it. What a game they've got going.

Daddy threatens us with Hell.

His son saves us.

Sounds like a Mafia protection racket.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#443145 May 20, 2013
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
51 “Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.”

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17
15 “For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.”

This is so plain to me.

Why would the dead have to be raised if they are already in Heaven?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#443146 May 20, 2013
who="Regina"
Soul sleep is unbiblical, Marge.
I thought we went through this with you a few years ago. Do you remember when I had to practically beg your so-called "brothers" and "sisters" to straighten you out? They finally came through and told you to cut it out. Now you're at it again.
Stop letting yourself be tossed about with every wind of doctrine. Just because someone posts something anti-Catholic and tickles your ears, doesn't mean you should align yourself with them. I know that's what all of you do, but it's obvious and stupid. Be different from the other fundies, have some integrity.

Have some integrity...good advice. Since none of us have been 'over there', we should refrain from quarreling about mysteries that have not been made manifest to us.
I Thes. 4:15 For this we say to you BY THE WORD OF THE LORD, that we which are alive, and remain, shall not prevent them WHICH ARE ASLEEP....16...AND THE DEAD IN CHRIST SHALL RISE FIRST...

It is not 'obvious'...

KayMarie
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#443147 May 20, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
If Regina wishes to ignore the many texts which point out that the dead await a resurrection that is her problem.
Death is a Sleep...
Job 14:12 The dead “shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep” until “the heavens be no more.”
Psalms 13:3 “Lest I sleep the sleep of death.”
Daniel 12:2 “Many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake.”
Acts 7:60 When Stephen died,“he fell asleep.”
John 11:11-14 “Lazarus sleeps … Jesus spoke of his death.”
1 Corinthians 11:30; 15:6, 18, 51 Paul said death was “sleep.”
1 Thessalonians 4:13-16 Those “which sleep in Jesus” will be resurrected.
Still don't believe in the Bible?
Still think one text proves this wrong?
Do you think Christianity began in 400 AD, when the Roman Catholic Church established the NT Canon?

Or do you believe Christianity began shortly after the Bible was published on September 30th, 1452 - and all you fundies were then able to read Revelation on your own!!

Or was Christianity finally started in the 20th century upon the emergence of the born again movement and the 'Alter Calls'?
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#443148 May 20, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
The Dead are Unconscious...
Psalms 115:17 “The dead praise not the Lord, neither any that go down into silence.”
Psalms 146:4 When a man dies,“in that very day his thoughts perish.”
Ecclesiastes 9:5 “The dead know not anything.”
Ecclesiastes 9:10 “There is no work... nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave.”
Is this unbiblical, Regina? How so?
You make a good point.

There seems to be a conflict in Scripture.

It wouldn't be the first time.
truth

Perth, Australia

#443149 May 20, 2013
church is place where people gathering..
who is Alive church..Alive church is ..you who pray..who not sold your soul to anyone..
who believe that he is as it is..
God Governor world
but Prayers governor God.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#443150 May 20, 2013
who="Religion A Delusion "
His son saves us.

'Daddy' does not threaten us with hell. He tells us that it is there, and shows us how to avoid it.

If you choose to play in the street after daddy tells you not to...you can't blame daddy when a car hits you.

KayMarie

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443151 May 20, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
His son saves us.
The theology is based on "sound" evidence that Jesus came to earth to save souls from the wrath of his own father.

And by the way, his father sent him.

Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#443152 May 20, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
Moses said this 3500 years ago: "For their rock is not as our Rock" (Deut. 32:31).
"For who is God save the Lord? Or who is a ROCK save our God" (Psalm 18:31).
Psalm 118:22 "The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone."
Isaiah 28:16 Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: "Behold, I lay in Zion a stone for a foundation, A tried stone, a precious cornerstone, a sure foundation; Whoever believes will not act hastily.
Zechariah 10:4 From him comes the cornerstone, From him the tent peg, From him the battle bow, From him every ruler together.
Matthew 21:42 Jesus said to them, "Have you never read in the Scriptures:‘The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone. This was the LORD's doing, And it is marvellous in our eyes'
Mark 12:10 Have you not even read this Scripture:‘The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone.
Luke 20:17 Then He looked at them and said, "What then is this that is written:‘The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone'?
Acts 4:11 This is the 'stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.'
1Peter 2:6 Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture, "Behold, I lay in Zion A chief cornerstone, elect, precious, And he who believes on Him will by no means be put to shame."
1Peter 2:7 Therefore, to you who believe,[He is] precious; but to those who are disobedient, "The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone,"
Throughout the Bible, we read that Christ was and is a ROCK.
Catholics say NO. Peter was the rock.
No Tiger, Catholics don't say Peter was the Rock. Jesus Christ did!

"You are Peter, and on this Rock I will build my Church."

See, Jesus said it, we didn't. It would be wise if you didnt attempt to undo Our Lords will.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#443153 May 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I'm sorry to hear so much ignorance coming from you June.
Sin and God can not mix. Hell was originally created for satan and his minions. If you choose satan before God you know where you are sending yourself. He sends no one there, your actions have consequences in all aspects of life. That one June is the ultimate one.
God made you and loves you. Repent and you'll have eternal life next to him.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Word + 2 2 min andet1987 506
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 min dduttonnc 94,670
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Buck Crick 732,979
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 11 min Hannah V 4,332
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min Dr_Zorderz 257,997
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 11 min tamilselvan 5,316
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 11 min repeat offender 4,148
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 31 min Peace_Warrior 599,908
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 57 min Patrick 226,341
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr Figaro 105
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••