Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703853 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#443342 May 21, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>i have read this site before it's of no help except it gives a detail of it's size 5000+ cubits high,have no idea how high that is in feet,or metric. but being that large there should be remnants left behind like the great pyramids,the sphinx,yet there is nothing,that's the thing about this theory, nothing to prove authenticity to the bible as being true. i really don't think it is.if you read the site you posted you'll find there is a similar story in the book of sumarian except names are different.
Interesting.
The Catholic Encyclopedia says there are 3 principal opinions as to the location in the city of Babylon.
1. Pietro della Valle (1650) located it in the north of the city on the left bank of the Euphrates where the ruins called Babil are.
2. Rawlinson (1880) puts it on the ruins of Tell-Amram, situated on the same side of the Euphrates as those of Babil.
3. Sayce locates is with the ruins of the Birs-Nimrud, in Borsippa, on the right side of the Euphrates.
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15005b.htm
Joe Mama

Lynwood, CA

#443343 May 21, 2013
1. The rock was Peter's profession that Jesus is the Christ, not Peter himself. If it were Peter, he fell quickly didn't he, since Jesus rebukes him with "Get behind me Satan."

2. At the Council of Jerusalem in Acts 15, Peter was subordinate to James.

3. Paul rebuked Peter for hypocrisy with regards to Gentile Believers.

4. No solid evidence that Peter ever even went to Rome - Paul addressed lots of people in his letter to the Romans, yet skipped an Apostle?

5. The methodology for "choosing" the RCC is illogical because it is self-contradictory. One must, from the Bible, decide that the RCC is the one true church and then immediately suffer that reasoning capability to the Magisterium and the Pope.

6. Requiring celibacy violates what Paul taught.

7. The argument from age fails by Biblical example, where quite often the younger was given priority over the older.

The biggest problem with the RCC is that they add to Christ's requirements for salvation, and do so in His name.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#443344 May 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
So you believe that your god will damn the children of Muslims, for not having been subjected to the "correct" religious ceremony?

Yes. When the Jews 2000 years ago were distinctly God's people all others were lost, although they could join Israel.

By your own reasoning the child has many fathers and to claim otherwise is foolish? There is only one Father / Creator and we have all known him as Jesus!
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint John, Canada

#443345 May 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus did not say in built the Catholic church...the pope said He (Jesus)did...and that flanges it for Catholics!!!!
There is not one word in Jesus' hand-writing, nor a signature anywhere on earth.

Do you dare to question WHY???

I guess not! You want to stay in your tiny box of ignorance.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#443346 May 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you give power to the idea that a Muslim hell exists it will be as real to you as is your concept of Christian hell. And then you will see how silly is the whole concept of either hell being real.
But you won't go there, because the blockage of your own dogma encloses you in a tiny self-serving box.
There is only one God,
There is only one way to God the Father,
There is only one Savior and Lord
There is only one Holy Spirit.
There is 3 persons one God.
There is only one Hell, One Heaven.

We are at present time walking through the valley of death,
The Lord is my shepherd , everything on this earth is dying,
Which makes evolution a lie.
You are in denial of something or someone you can't not explain, Therefore you can not comprehend there being a God of love and mercy.
So like an adolescent you poke fun and make jokes about God.
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#443347 May 21, 2013
PriestsRapeBoys wrote:
I pray that God Almighty will strike down those filthy pedophile false prophets and followers!
AMEN!
Aren't you supposed to pray that others will be helped?
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#443348 May 21, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. When the Jews 2000 years ago were distinctly God's people all others were lost, although they could join Israel.
By your own reasoning the child has many fathers and to claim otherwise is foolish? There is only one Father / Creator and we have all known him as Jesus!
You seem to believe that because you demand a god to love ONLY your certain group, your demand will reap the desired results.

If there is one god, and that god favors Muslims YOU are HOOPED!
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#443349 May 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you give power to the idea that a Muslim hell exists it will be as real to you as is your concept of Christian hell. And then you will see how silly is the whole concept of either hell being real.
But you won't go there, because the blockage of your own dogma encloses you in a tiny self-serving box.
"encloses you in a tiny self-serving box."

That's what hate does for you.
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#443350 May 21, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
There is only one God,
There is only one way to God the Father,
There is only one Savior and Lord
There is only one Holy Spirit.
There is 3 persons one God.
There is only one Hell, One Heaven.
We are at present time walking through the valley of death,
The Lord is my shepherd , everything on this earth is dying,
Which makes evolution a lie.
You are in denial of something or someone you can't not explain, Therefore you can not comprehend there being a God of love and mercy.
So like an adolescent you poke fun and make jokes about God.
"MY GOD!... MY GOD! MINE ALONE! I OWN HIM ... LOCK, STOCK AND BARREL!"

Silly, greedy people!
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#443351 May 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There is not one word in Jesus' hand-writing, nor a signature anywhere on earth.
Do you dare to question WHY???
I guess not! You want to stay in your tiny box of ignorance.
It is you who lives in a box, June.
The heavens declare the glory of God.
You want to limit Him to what you see and touch.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#443352 May 21, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The faith of Jesus is Christianity and it is based on all the history of the world which confirms the Bible, including the historic fact Jesus was recorded by all the historians.
"... the historic fact Jesus was recorded by all the historians."

Are you Clay's fundie brother?

Both are delusional to an extreme.

Jesus was never recorded by anyone living when he was on earth. All reference is what bis called hearsay.

That's why we call it faith. But it's a pretty flaky story, so I understand how your delusion requires so much absurdity.

You can't be specific and name 5 or 10 historians, because none exist. It's all wishful yacking.
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#443353 May 21, 2013
Some people have foot fetishes, and others have god-fetishes.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>>

fetishes plural of fet·ish (Noun)

Noun

1.An inanimate object worshiped for its supposed magical powers or because it is considered to be inhabited by a spirit.

2.A course of action to which one has an excessive and irrational commitment.

http://www.google.ca/#output=search&sclie...

PriestsRapeBoys

Winnipeg, Canada

#443354 May 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you supposed to pray that others will be helped?
Listen up! Fellow Canuckanoid!

Those are called imprecatory prayers!

REPENT!

God's wrath is coming down on the heads of the repentless!

AMEN!

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#443355 May 21, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
If I questioned the validity of your beliefs, would you call me names?
No, I think we should question things. That is part of the basis of my faith.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#443356 May 21, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
when Jesus says upon this rock i'll build my church,where do you see that he was referring to the catholic church? and when he was talking to peter they were not even in Italy at the time,and again why would a Jew build a church of christian/pagan beliefs? and in a foreign country he's never been to? and wouldn't the true church be the first church ever built?......... Jesus, the aleged founder of Christianity, was the poorest of the poor.Roman Catholicism, which claims to be His church, is the richest of the rich, the wealthiest institution on earth. How come, that such an institution, ruling in the name of this same itinerant preacher, whose want was such that he had not even a pillow upon which to rest his head, is now so top-heavy with riches that she can rival - indeed, that she can put to shame - the combined might of the most redoubtable financial trusts, of the most potent industrial super-giants, and of the most prosperous global corporation of the world?
How many times has that been mistranslated?

The word church didn't exist.

The concept of church as they know it today didn't exist, for several hundred more years.

Jesus also suggested that men become eunuchs for the sake of Heaven. Jesus also said to follow him, we should give away all our possessions.

The first church fathers took this seriously. What happened to tradition?

Naaaaaaaaaaa. It's easier to keep everything intact, read into the Bible what we want, and just condemn all others.

There are almost no true Christians left anymore.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#443357 May 21, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>I poked around your website,no different than any other religious site,they speak highly of their religion and leave out the dark side,the massacres by mormons the most familiar The Mountain Meadows massacre,it involved a wagon train,it was an unprovoked attack,but i can't blame the mormons totally,they were seriously looked down upon because of their beliefs and the taking of more than one wife.(that's nuts)but still i don't believe the story of jesus/god visiting a new york farmer and telling him to start a church,but then since the catholic church was a failure,maybe he did try and give it another shot at man creating a church he can be proud of. who knows in theory anything is possible. big questionis,where are those gold tablets??
Where are the gold tablets? They are not here. Why did God take them away? Well, look at other churches who have relics... I think that often times people give more reverence to relics than to God himself, whether it be a shroud, finger of a saint, or a piece of the cross of Christ. They distract us from God.
Vote for Pedro

San Antonio, TX

#443358 May 21, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because people don't believe what she believes. She came on this forum but didn't have to to share with the group she doesn't believe in God. So now when someone doesn't agree with her she plays the "I'm being judged" and "I'm the victim" card. She'll stay on here because she has no one to talk to during the day. It is truly a sad story.
Thanks for your reply. But, I believe her anger goes deeper than someone not agreeing with her on this forum. I'm no head shrink but miss June's rants show that there must have been some starting point to her disbelief of a divine power. She didn't just wake up one morning and decide that there is "NO GOD". Someone or something caused that reaction in her. I just want to know why she's so angry at God. Maybe we need to talk to her during the day. Maybe that is what we are being called to do right now. Perhaps we won't change her mind but at least we will fulfill what we are being called to do.

Just sayin.......

Oh and June, why you so angry Bro?
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#443359 May 21, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I think we should question things. That is part of the basis of my faith.
You sound too normal and non-combative to be a Christian here.

This board is for the angry, uncertain Christians whose inner needs are not met by a loving Jesus.

(tongue in cheek of course)
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#443360 May 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I keep trying to impress on these Christians that if they were born as Muslims, they would be praying to Allah.
Maybe they will allow it to by-pass their Christian indoctrination, but it will only occur when they are ready and willing to open their minds to new ways of perceiving.
That is why so many Muslims are being put to death by their own country men because they have become followers of Jesus.
You are completely out of touch with what reality really is.
Third world countries sent more missionaries to Canada and the USA then we send to their countries.
In 3rd world countries people are being put to death and imprisoned for their faith in God. Yet despite the cost they count it a pleasure to die for their faith in God.
Because they know that death is not the end, absent from the body is present with the Lord.
You forget the disciples of Jesus traveled to Asia Minor, and other Eastern Countries.
Before Christianity . came to the west, you ignorant person.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#443361 May 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
You seem to believe that because you demand a god to love ONLY your certain group, your demand will reap the desired results.
If there is one god, and that god favors Muslims YOU are HOOPED!

If Islam were truth I would convert! There is nothing stopping me from doing so.

Muslims on the otherhand most often live in countries where conversion is not possible. When they come to the west many do leave their dark age religion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 7 min Second term for T... 88,572
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Choir Loft 996,565
Poll ~ Should 911 have a New Investigation? ~ (Feb '11) 1 hr Choir Loft 952
mgtow 3 hr GotIt 15
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr ChromiuMan 6,924
I'm sick of being single and having no one to l... 4 hr Choicerocks 8
Why are women from USA prefer casual dating ove... 5 hr Choicerocks 4