Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646682 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#443312 May 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
Its a new book...just out...it is called "Bible"....you need to get one and get a son of God to explain to you what it says....
i'll pass,an incomplete unprovable to be true book is not going to help me or anyone to understanding truth.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#443313 May 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed!
The bottom line is: Mary is in Heaven because her Son is Jesus Christ- God made manifest. If anyone of us could spare our own Mothers from death and bring her to Heaven, we would. We can't do this of course, but certainly Jesus Christ can and did!
its tough for anyone to ignore the Marian apparitions in the last 150 yrs, as Mary attempts to bring people to her Son. What a great asset we have in our spiritual Mother Mary. "Woman, behold your son, son behold your Mother" wasn't just a saying directed towards John, it was directed towards all of us and is proven by her repeated intercession - especially in the 20th century.
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Salvation has nothing to do with who was your mother!!!!!

Since you have no idea how to obtain said Salvation...it is a safe bet you ain't saved!!!!!

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint John, Canada

#443314 May 21, 2013
I was trapped in spiritual gluttony. I was not where I need to be … in the present.

Betty Eadie

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#443315 May 21, 2013
Chaumette wrote:
I was joking about being excommunicated. Actually, I quit the church. I had a run in with a priest that refused to perform his sworn duties. He refused to baptize by infant son because my wife and I were not married by a priest. So to hell with them.
baptism is symbolic of our decision to be married/one with Christ. why were you trying to baptize an infant which couldn't possibly understand enough to make that decision?
Clay

Garden City, MI

#443316 May 21, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>bad job of back peddling,better try again.
I'm satisfied with my response. I have no further comment until you dig up some more Protestant propaganda from 500 yrs ago.
Vote for Pedro

San Antonio, TX

#443317 May 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Let's see now. I wasn't asked if I wanted to be created ... no free will.
I didn't ask to be born ... no free will.
I'm told I have to follow commandments ... no free will.
I'm told I can't commit suicide ... no free will.
I'm told I must burn in hell for being bad ... no free will.
There never was free will. That was just another religious LIE!
You mad bro?

usa

#443318 May 21, 2013
when Jesus says upon this rock i'll build my church,where do you see that he was referring to the catholic church? and when he was talking to peter they were not even in Italy at the time,and again why would a Jew build a church of christian/pagan beliefs? and in a foreign country he's never been to? and wouldn't the true church be the first church ever built?......... Jesus, the aleged founder of Christianity, was the poorest of the poor.Roman Catholicism, which claims to be His church, is the richest of the rich, the wealthiest institution on earth. How come, that such an institution, ruling in the name of this same itinerant preacher, whose want was such that he had not even a pillow upon which to rest his head, is now so top-heavy with riches that she can rival - indeed, that she can put to shame - the combined might of the most redoubtable financial trusts, of the most potent industrial super-giants, and of the most prosperous global corporation of the world?

Fort Saint John, Canada

#443319 May 21, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you completely dodged my assumption...but I am right eh June.lol
I'll bet he believes in God now if he didn't before.
You missed my whole point.

A god is not at all necessary in the picture for there to be ongoing connections of energy.

Energy does not die ... it just changes form.
Vote for Pedro

San Antonio, TX

#443320 May 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus lives, he IS the great attacker of other people's faith. ONLY through him can people be saved. THAT is the Christian MOTTO!
They learned it from their study of the supposed master of division ... or more to the point ... the Catholic men who wrote the nonsense about a Jew named Jesus who favors only Catholicism.
Religion is bunk!
Why are you so angry Bro?

Fort Saint John, Canada

#443321 May 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
So you believe that your god will damn the children of Muslims, for not having been subjected to the "correct" religious ceremony?

How ignorant!
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#443322 May 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think you WON'T burn in hell.
:)
The Christian hell is only one among many hells.
You can't escape them all, and neither can I.
Of course, I believe all theology is bunk, so I don't believe in heaven or hell. One is as much an extreme as is the other.
It's possible I could go to hell. I don't believe in once saved always saved.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#443323 May 21, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't call you names.
I simply pointed out how your name-calling is unChristian.
Maybe I'm wrong. Please show us where Jesus teaches you to call others names.
Didn't Jesus teach he was most concerned about the ones who didn't believe? Jesus didn't get angry. He taught by his actions.
You sir are no follower of Jesus, that much is certain.
You need to find Jesus' love in your heart. Real god or not, the message is a good one, but you don't seem to agree.
Why not? What compels you to get so angry that you cannot help but call others names?
Are you evil? You certainly do not walk Jesus' walk. I am here to help you.
Do you feel the love yet? Tell us.
"Do you feel the love yet? Tell us"

LMAO!!! if i joined your sociopathic religion, can i scrutinize others according to how i think they should obey their faith, but be un-scrutinized myself since i'm a self-righteous sociopath who gets to live according to my own ideas of right/wrong based on how I feel at any given moment?

gee....no wonder why our world is in the mess it is. thanks, sociopath dude!;)
chuck

Dublin, OH

#443324 May 21, 2013
Vote for Pedro wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so angry Bro?
Because people don't believe what she believes. She came on this forum but didn't have to to share with the group she doesn't believe in God. So now when someone doesn't agree with her she plays the "I'm being judged" and "I'm the victim" card. She'll stay on here because she has no one to talk to during the day. It is truly a sad story.

usa

#443325 May 21, 2013
here's a goody from "the church" Peter, elected Apostle by Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God. I, Peter, summoned to the apostolate by Christ, Son of the Living God, has received from the Divine Might the mission of enlightening the whole world...
Pepin king of the franks knelt reverently before the Papal Legate, who went on reading the Blessed Peter’s missive:
Wherefore, all those who, having heard my preaching, put it into practice, must believe absolutely that by God’s order their sins are cleansed in this world and they shall enter stainless into everlasting life Come ye to the aid of the Roman people, which has been entrusted to me by God. And I, on the day of Judgment, shall prepare for you a splendid dwelling place in the Kingdom of God.

Signed,
Peter, Prince of the Apostles.
The Papal Envoy showed the letter to the whole court and solemnly vouched for the authenticity of Peter’s signature. Not only that. St. Peter had gone to the length of writing the letter with his very own hand. Something he had never done before.. Or since!

How had the letter ever reached the earth? asked Pepin. The Blessed Peter in person had come down from Heaven and given the letter to his successor, the pope of Rome, explained the Papal Envoy.

Thereupon he showed the king how St. Peter had addressed the celestial letter:
Peter, elected Apostle by Jesus Christ, to our favorite Son, the King Pepin, to his whole army, to all the bishops, abbesses, monks, and to the whole people.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#443326 May 21, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Q: Are you saying she had no sin, like Jesus?
Q: Are you saying she went in bodily form to Heaven, like Jesus?
Q: Is she is Queen of Heaven?
Q: Did the Pope say, like millions of others, that he prays to Mary?
Q: Did Mary tell us that devotion to her saves souls (at fatima)?
Then please explain -- in what way is Mary NOT a god?
You have to admit, it is confusing.
Yes, to all your questions.
Mary is not a god because she has no power of her own other than what other humans have.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#443327 May 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe that your god will damn the children of Muslims, for not having been subjected to the "correct" religious ceremony?
How ignorant!
That's the spirit June!
Never trust anyone under 60!
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#443328 May 21, 2013
Chaumette wrote:
I was joking about being excommunicated. Actually, I quit the church. I had a run in with a priest that refused to perform his sworn duties. He refused to baptize by infant son because my wife and I were not married by a priest. So to hell with them.
That doesn't sound right. Are you sure that is the reason he gave?

Location hidden

#443329 May 21, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>you can't say he is good or bad until you can without doubt prove he exists,and i see no proof written or otherwise.
Christianity is not based on proof as in a court of law...it is based on belief...you either believe...or you don't...your choice....

God will deal with you according to your decision.....

Location hidden

#443330 May 21, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>i'll pass,an incomplete unprovable to be true book is not going to help me or anyone to understanding truth.
You have the God given right to reject the Sacred Word of God...the Bible..
Clay

Garden City, MI

#443331 May 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Salvation has nothing to do with who was your mother!!!!!
Since you have no idea how to obtain said Salvation...it is a safe bet you ain't saved!!!!!
Lets see... should we try Ox's criteria for salvation based on his private interpretation of the Bible?

-Deny that Jesus Christ is God.

-insult His Church that Apparently got His Ministry all screwed up.

-trash His Mother by saying she's just a vessel and if she didn't say yes to the Angel, someone else would have!
(If I was Christ, I wouldn't take to kindly to that.)

Now all I have to do is an alter call in one of those tent revival meetings then I'm saved eh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 29 min Insults Are Easier 48,845
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 31 min nanoanomaly 971,712
opinions needed 34 min mannersmom 1
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 53 min WasteWater 2,072
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 281,267
How to solve racism (and sexism) once and for all 1 hr A human being 1
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Just Think 105,632
More from around the web