Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683714 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#443157 May 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
No Tiger, Catholics don't say Peter was the Rock. Jesus Christ did!
"You are Peter, and on this Rock I will build my Church."
See, Jesus said it, we didn't. It would be wise if you didnt attempt to undo Our Lords will.
This rock meaning Peter's confession that He was the Christ.

Jesus sure built an horrific church on Peter if the RCC is understood to be it.

It would be wise for you to get out of that corrupt and abominable mess you are in.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint John, Canada

#443158 May 20, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
If you choose to play in the street after daddy tells you not to...you can't blame daddy when a car hits you.
KayMarie
You can when daddy is "driving" the car.

:)
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#443159 May 20, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You are confused, Clay.
"Thou art Petros, and upon this Petra, I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."
Jesus was using a play on words,“thou art Peter (Petros = little stone), and upon this rock (petra = large rock) I will build my church...
Jesus referred to Peter as a little stone, and to Himself as a large rock.
Jesus is the chief corner-stone. He was referring to Himself, the large rock, in which the church would be built upon, not Peter.
It is Jesus Christ that the gates of Hell shall not prevail against, not sinful, weak, mortal man.
In the very same chapter Jesus turns to Peter and calls him Satan because Peter had tried to turn Jesus away from going to the Cross to die for sinners: "But he turned and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offense unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men" (Matt. 16:23).
And you say he was a pope!?!?!
Thats not how I interpret it. lol Now what? Who's the authority to determine which one of us is right?

You see, you're a phony. You want everyone to accept your interpretations as valid. You don't believe in 'Bible Alone' you believe in 'Tiger's definintion of what the Bible is saying'!

BTW, I don't care to go into 'little stone' Pebble' and whatever conspiracy scenario your fanatic mind can conjure up. Maybe another Catholic can debunk your age old cult pamphlet concerning Peter and Rock. I've done this so much it gets old.

Catholics stick to what was taught from the Apostles. Period.
You go with whatever this generation of fanatics invents with scripture.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#443160 May 20, 2013
Goodnight. I will steal a line from Dust Storm:
'I am going to bed to count Protestant denominations'.
lol
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#443161 May 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
Goodnight. I will steal a line from Dust Storm:
'I am going to bed to count Protestant denominations'.
lol
Count to see if there are more Protestant denominations or prayers to Mary.
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#443162 May 20, 2013
I wonder ... on judgment day, if Jesus will be beside his father in passing judgment on who will be allowed in the pearly gates, and who will have to fry for eternity?

People brag Jesus up so much, that I can't see him being involved in something so trying on the nerves.

"Hey dad ... where do you want this soul to go?"

"In the incinerator son."

"Okie dokie daddy ... NEXT!!!"
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#443163 May 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats not how I interpret it. lol Now what? Who's the authority to determine which one of us is right?
You see, you're a phony. You want everyone to accept your interpretations as valid.
Hahahahahahaha
marge

Leesburg, GA

#443164 May 20, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Soul sleep is unbiblical, Marge.
I thought we went through this with you a few years ago. Do you remember when I had to practically beg your so-called "brothers" and "sisters" to straighten you out? They finally came through and told you to cut it out. Now you're at it again.
Stop letting yourself be tossed about with every wind of doctrine. Just because someone posts something anti-Catholic and tickles your ears, doesn't mean you should align yourself with them. I know that's what all of you do, but it's obvious and stupid. Be different from the other fundies, have some integrity.
Excuse me? All of my brothers and sisters believe the same and when I need correcting they correct me.

Mary is asleep in Jesus, how beautiful is that!
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#443165 May 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Your SDA elders that came before you saw the word 'sleep' in the Bible and thought they just uncovered a secret concept that apparently was missed for 1900 yrs or the evil whore of Babylon didnt want anyone the think they would sleep after death.
Put down the Bible Tiger. You are no authority to tell anyone what the word of God says. Ok?
You are the authority to say this to me?
Really? Who are you?

Have I not pointed out the many verses which say dead people sleep?

BUT YOU HAVE NO ANSWER SO YOU MAKE A SNIDE ATTACK.
TYPICAL CATHOLIC.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#443166 May 20, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be wise for you to get out of that corrupt and abominable mess you are in.
So why did Jesus Christ say, " I will give you the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven. Whatever You bind on Earth will be bound in Heaven. Whatever You loose on Earth will be loosed in Heaven"

This is called direct authority from God, Tiger.
Christ DID build His Church on the faith of Peter, and 266 Popes later, its still standing.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#443167 May 20, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Count to see if there are more Protestant denominations or prayers to Mary.
LOL!
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#443168 May 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
... Put down the Bible Tiger. You are no authority to tell anyone what the word of God says. Ok?
And you are ?!?!?!
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#443169 May 20, 2013
Test o' Fires

by Michael Gibb

Placing Satan in their handbags
they go 'a knocking on doors
where they're least expected
to trade the here-and-now
for everlasting obscurity.

All for a Book filled with the
occult, murderous intentions, and twisted realities
where truth is falsehood and falsehood is gospel
and a simple question
merits the death penalty.

With the pitter-patter of tiny feet
they approach with learned stealth
caring for nothing
but the opium high of testifying.

Overjoyed by rejection
yet bewildered by disbelief
their prayer orgies strafe the ethers
in long arches of arrogance.

"We have the truth!" they proclaim boldly
as legion more proclaim a differing story.
I read their Book filled with
insanity, conflict, and unnumbered depravities
then look into their junkie eyes.

Nothing that I say can appease
the Beast lurking behind the message
with peace on the lips
and dripping evil on the tongue.

Quickly closing the door
on the message of death
disguised in goodness,
a sigh of relief passes my lips.

The wolves of the forest
have been kept at bay
for, at least,
one more day.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#443170 May 20, 2013
Catholics are forever trying to sell to the world, the idea that Christ, a Jew, and His 12 Jewish apostles, during the time that Christ was on earth, established the Roman Catholic Church, that everyone knows, that even as of today, is for Gentiles and not Jews!!!!

Quote: After excerpts from the second volume of the pope’s book on Jesus made the rounds last week, featuring his rejection of the idea that “the Jews” killed Christ, the full text adds another point with important implications for Christian/Jewish relations -- in effect, that Christianity “must not concern herself with the conversion of the Jews.”

The comment comes in Benedict XVI’s book Jesus of Nazareth: Holy Week, the full text of which was released today.
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#443171 May 20, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Who are you?
TYPICAL CATHOLIC.
Now now kiddies ... is there not enough god to go around?

Must you keep fighting to prove how much you love each other?
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#443172 May 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I wonder ... on judgment day, if Jesus will be beside his father in passing judgment on who will be allowed in the pearly gates, and who will have to fry for eternity?
People brag Jesus up so much, that I can't see him being involved in something so trying on the nerves.
"Hey dad ... where do you want this soul to go?"
"In the incinerator son."
"Okie dokie daddy ... NEXT!!!"
No sinner will go in front of God.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#443173 May 20, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Horrific Church? Like how bad? Oh yeah, we murdered millions and tortured billions and every single Priest is a child molester; the Pope is an anti Christ and we worship statues.
Now I gotta sleep. After I count Protestant denominations and worship my statue of Mary.

Goodnight Tiger. I pray some good can come out of our heated exchange tonight. You're obviously passionate about your faith..
truth

Perth, Australia

#443174 May 20, 2013
Peter say to whom..do you lay Holy Spirit?
o Stvorce Duse Svet =Holy Spirit
Clay

Garden City, MI

#443175 May 20, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Who are you?
TYPICAL CATHOLIC.
You're right, I did make a few snide remarks today. That's not how I want to convey the Catholic faith. Sorry if I insulted you, Tiger.

Its my understanding that 'sleep' is a figure of speech and not literally speaking. I know the word is mentioned quite a bit in scripture, but the concept of literally sleeping, was never taught in Christianity to my knowledge. I believe the Church teaches its Purgatory. But I honestly never really dove into it.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#443176 May 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think Christianity began in 400 AD, when the Roman Catholic Church established the NT Canon?
Or do you believe Christianity began shortly after the Bible was published on September 30th, 1452 - and all you fundies were then able to read Revelation on your own!!
Or was Christianity finally started in the 20th century upon the emergence of the born again movement and the 'Alter Calls'?
'In the beginning was the Word'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min bad bob 15,882
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 27 min Doctor REALITY 12
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 29 min Aerobatty 983,116
I'm very saddened by Kryie wanting away from Le... 54 min Doctor REALITY 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 58 min Born Again Past JW 46,265
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Devoted Child Prayer 619,691
What did O.J. Simpson do with the murder weapon... 2 hr George Justapose 23
More from around the web