Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703635 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint John, Canada

#442974 May 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
It is appreciated every time you confirm the truth in my posts....
That word "truth" is a humdinger, continually abused by users such as you.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#442975 May 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, but your interpretations of Gods word is different than the Protestants a hundred yrs ago. After you acknowledge this fact, tell me why? Do you believe Jesus Christ waited til the Born Again movement of the 20th century to reveal His true Ministry?
That sounds cult-like in every way, shape and form.
Not "Ok". Some of them believe in the regenerative effects of baptism, some don't. Some believe in faith alone, some don't. Some believe in OSAS, some don't, etc., etc....

Marge likes things to be the way she wants them to be, not the way they really are.
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#442976 May 20, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
If I questioned the validity of your beliefs, would you call me names?
Name-calling is mild compared to burning others at the stake.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#442978 May 20, 2013
<quoted text>
All mankind's gods have some very basic things in common.
1 > All god's are imaginary. None have left any physical evidence or any other type of evidence that can be used to prove god's existence in any court of law in any of the 50 U.S. States.
2 > 99% of mankind's gods are rejected as baloney by you and nearly every other person on earth, except your own.
When you start losing track of this reality, then see #1 above.
JESUS IS GOD and He came to earth and proved it!

you better get your case against Him in order, because you may be standing in His court of law sooner than think!

Since: Nov 08

usa

#442979 May 20, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you stop with the pretense, June, and just admit you're a fundie dressed in atheist's clothing. The only ones you have fooled here are the secularists, but they were never too bright to begin with. Next thing we know, you'll be copying and pasting from Jesus-is-saviour dot com, or the Reader's Digest again. Better yet, Amazing Lies dot com, that nice SDA site that all the intellectuals use.
she is right i looked up about stalin myself,he was mentally ill,and paranoid,just like in the days of when jesus supposedly walked the earth,people were tortured and killed just for an ideal.it was sanctioned by the pope who in turn said it was sanctioned by god,how can a god of love be so evil?? he killed thousands,yet we are suppose to believe he is a god that loves us.would you kill your child for not believing in pagan/Christianity? what if your child chose to be a Lutheran over apagan/christian?(catholic) would you crucify him/her? for changing beliefs? that is standard practice for the pagan/christian church.

usa

#442981 May 20, 2013
truth wrote:
one day mormons knock on my door
i told them
i can't speak English
no
they left book and gone
they told to me
asked in name of Jesus Christ
book still here
read it

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#442982 May 20, 2013
<quoted text>
All mankind's gods have some very basic things in common.
1 > All god's are imaginary. None have left any physical evidence or any other type of evidence that can be used to prove god's existence in any court of law in any of the 50 U.S. States.
2 > 99% of mankind's gods are rejected as baloney by you and nearly every other person on earth, except your own.
When you start losing track of this reality, then see #1 above.
BTW - i live in a metropolitan melting pot with lots of greeks and swedes, but i can't find any temples dedicated to zeus or thor anywhere! plenty-o greek orthodox and scandahoovian e-frees all over the place tho!;)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#442983 May 20, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Can you do more than babble like a pagan ?
<quoted text>
~~~

What is a pagan anyway?

pagan defined

PA'GAN, a. Heathen; heathenish; Gentile; noting a person who worships false gods.

1. Pertaining to the worship of false gods.

~~~~
You need to upgrade your understanding...

usa

#442984 May 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Having studied ancient religions and realizing that many of them had myths that counted on savior sons of gods coming to earth to rescue them ... and seeing that it was obvious those sons of supposed gods never rescued those who counted on them to come again ... it is my observation that they never came the first time, so they couldn't come the second time either.
Just as the myth of Odin took on super-god proportions in the minds of myth-makers ... it is plain that anybody can make up stories after the supposed happenings occur. Then they can add to, or change the stories to suit whatever pleases them.
Banking on myths is no-doubt thrilling for those who believe that the myths have something wonderful to offer ... but if you observe the history of religion with its ongoing blood-baths ... it should set up red flags in your minds that we must stop teaching future generations to be so ignorant or there will never be any hope of new beginnings.
that is what the N.T. was written for, to change the mistakes (clarify) of the O.T. and to make it more christian like .I noticed a lot of contradictions between the two.yet they are about the same event.
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#442985 May 20, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
A little earlier than that time period, other folks just wanted to "kill"....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnaud_Amalric
On the other hand, the legate's own statement, in a letter to the Pope in August 1209 (col.139), states:
While discussions were still going on with the barons about the release of those in the city who were deemed to be Catholics, the servants and other persons of low rank and unarmed attacked the city without waiting for orders from their leaders. To our amazement, crying "to arms, to arms!", within the space of two or three hours they crossed the ditches and the walls and Béziers was taken. Our men spared no one, irrespective of rank, sex or age, and put to the sword almost 20,000 people. After this great slaughter the whole city was despoiled and burnt...[4]
That 13th C.- bad for the "Catholics".
Whether in religion or not in religion, history proves that humans are born killers.

Religion just tries to disguise the killing by claiming that gods are supportive of the men that carry weapons of destruction.

Location hidden

#442986 May 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold the horses! YOU'RE a Born Again too??
You don't even believe Christ and God are one!
Why are the other Born Agains remaining silent as your breathern Ox is preaching contrary to the other 'holy spirit-led' born agains?
His soul may be at stake and your not going te call him out because he shares your anti catholic agenda??
As a Catholic I would EXPECT Anthony, Dust Storm and the others to call me out should I error on Catholic understandings.(in fact they have)
I wouldn't take it as an insult either, because they would do it out of duty to their fellow brother.
From the Catholic Encyclopedia: Christ, Jesus - The incarnate Son of God and the redeemer of the human race...

And you have the audacity to claim you are Catholic!!!!!!!
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#442987 May 20, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
....because....because.....bec ause....
WOW!! Really.
You just can't believe Jesus upon his word - you require others to confirmt that they are accurate.
....and you never even did that.
I understand.
Thanks for responding.
Of course it would be best if I make sure what is attributed to Jesus' teachings is accurate.
All His teachings as recorded in the NT are contrary to your idea that the kingdom of heaven is within your Self.
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#442988 May 20, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
JESUS IS GOD and He came to earth and proved it!
Theologians wrote the tales in all religions. Yours is nothing special.

Even Christian theologians wouldn't go so far as to claim they had a signature of Jesus on any paper anywhere.

They weren't that stupid.

And they were very lucky in their scam that they didn't put some skeleton in a tomb and refer to it as Jesus.

Otherwise DNA would have proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that the father of the man in the tomb was of earth. Make NO mistake about that issue.

Location hidden

#442989 May 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are the other Born Agains remaining silent as your breathern Ox is preaching contrary to the other 'holy spirit-led' born agains?
His soul may be at stake and your not going te call him out because he shares your anti catholic agenda??
As a Catholic I would EXPECT Anthony, Dust Storm and the others to call me out should I error on Catholic understandings.(in fact they have)
I wouldn't take it as an insult either, because they would do it out of duty to their fellow brother.
And you are lying every time you say the Apostle's Creed:

I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth;
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son Our Lord,
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#442990 May 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe them now, so why would I believe them then.
Do you believe this fellow?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ifEACinhrAYXX
No, don't believe that guy is Jesus. He's a total wacko.
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#442991 May 20, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it would be best if I make sure what is attributed to Jesus' teachings is accurate.
All His teachings as recorded in the NT are contrary to your idea that the kingdom of heaven is within your Self.
Idiot!

Had Jesus lived, he would have been a faithful Jewish rabbi who would not have needed or wanted another religion.

Lying will get you nowhere.

Location hidden

#442992 May 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Plus you do not believe the Word of God:

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

And you shamefully claim you are a Christian!!!!!
June VanDerMark

Fort Saint John, Canada

#442993 May 20, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
What is a pagan anyway?
pagan defined
PA'GAN, a. Heathen; heathenish; Gentile; noting a person who worships false gods.
~~~~
You are using the Christian slandered version of the word.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann

Male pagans elevated virtus (= masculine strength) to mean “virtue” in our sense.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#442994 May 20, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
What is a pagan anyway?
pagan defined
~~~~
It's out of your Bible you moron.
You shitforbrains need to read the Goddam book !!!

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#442995 May 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Plus you do not believe the Word of God:...
All Christians believe "The Word of God".. so long as it comes from their own mouths.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 44 min freespeechmcgee 87,844
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Redeemed Jersey P... 996,451
Are millennials more open-minded to LGBTQ dating? 1 hr curiosity22 1
My roommate stole from me and the authorities a... 2 hr Jephtee881 1
Gay snap eh 3 hr Dpics2 16
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 6 hr Tony 6,916
News Helmsley's Dog Gets $12 Million in Will (Aug '07) 7 hr LIKUD Sindrome 313