Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 684018 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#442750 May 19, 2013
World History Timelines
Din Timelines

x - Papal bull orders the burning of any books questioning Church's authority
truthprevails

Alpharetta, GA

#442751 May 19, 2013
Gosh darn it! History is so replete with the authenticity of the Catholic Church.

Let's get started on it:

De Spiritu Sancto by Basil the Great

http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/3203.htm
truthprevails

Alpharetta, GA

#442752 May 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Those Catholics were horrible bullies. They held all the power, and they knew it.
Yes, isn't it lucky?
June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#442753 May 19, 2013
If you think the hierarchies in churches still didn't wield power in the early 1900s, observe the following.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

World History Timelines
Din Timelines

February

11 - Emma Goldman is arrested for lecturing on birth control.
truthprevails

Alpharetta, GA

#442754 May 19, 2013
Clement of Rome:

http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/1010.htm

It must be really embarrassing to the heretics, atheists and pagans that the proof is in the pudding!
June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#442755 May 19, 2013
truthprevails wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, isn't it lucky?
I agree that it would please you if you could use your religion to bully people.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#442756 May 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Clay...If you have responded....I missed it...
Catholics claim they and they alone have the unwritten oral traditions given to them and them alone by Jesus Christ through the apostles.....
I just looked up "Traditions" in the Catholic Encyclopedia....not one Scripture was mentioned to support that farce...because it did not happen!!!!
Why would the redeemer of the world, Jesus Christ, teach only one denomination traditions that no one else was taught???!!!! Would that not make Him unjust???!!!
The word "Tradition" is used to make "We made this stuff up" sound meaningful.
June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#442757 May 19, 2013
truthprevails wrote:
Clement of Rome:
http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/1010.htm
It must be really embarrassing to the heretics, atheists and pagans that the proof is in the pudding!
Your terminology bespeaks of the language of a wanna-be bully!

Too bad for you that you can't use your religion to get away with it anymore.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#442758 May 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
World History Timelines
Din Timelines
x - Papal bull orders the burning of any books questioning Church's authority
One of many times. Still doing it today. Fortunately they don't run the world any more. I think they are pissed off about that.
June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#442759 May 19, 2013
truthprevails wrote:
AGAINST THE HEATHEN
You'll know the religious bullies by their use of words.
truthprevails

Alpharetta, GA

#442760 May 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that it would please you if you could use your religion to bully people.
LOL! LOL! I don't need to bully anyone when I am standing on solid ground. It is you that would like to bully with your damned atheism!

The One True Church

http://www.drbo.org/church2.htm

Repent of your atheism for the Kingdom of God is at hand!
truthprevails

Alpharetta, GA

#442761 May 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
If you think the hierarchies in churches still didn't wield power in the early 1900s, observe the following.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
World History Timelines
Din Timelines
February
11 - Emma Goldman is arrested for lecturing on birth control.
As she should have been!

"Go forth and multiply!"

Emma Goldman was going directly against God. Bad things tend to happen to people when they do that.
truthprevails

Alpharetta, GA

#442762 May 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The word "Tradition" is used to make "We made this stuff up" sound meaningful.
Uh huh! Just like you God deniers make crap up!
June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#442763 May 19, 2013
My guess is, these religious ones on the forum that are so mouthy and arrogant in their claims of holiness, would be the worst bullies in reality, if only they had a chance to wield their power over others.

Those who perceive that they are holy are in denial of their brute-like lusts for violence.
truthprevails

Alpharetta, GA

#442764 May 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your terminology bespeaks of the language of a wanna-be bully!
Too bad for you that you can't use your religion to get away with it anymore.
You are such a fool. I don't need to rely on myself for anything as you do. I rely on God, His Word, and His actions while on earth. You are the one that is on sinking sand headed straight for Hell!
truthprevails

Alpharetta, GA

#442765 May 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
One of many times. Still doing it today. Fortunately they don't run the world any more. I think they are pissed off about that.
You better look around you, you God denying FOOL! This world is falling apart thanks to violence, homosexuality, abortion, and fools like you!

Repent you hellbound sinner before it is too late.
truthprevails

Alpharetta, GA

#442766 May 19, 2013
St. Francis of Sales

The declared enemies of God and His Church, heretics and schismatics, must be criticized as much as possible, as long as truth is not denied.

It is a work of charity to shout: "Here is the wolf!" when it enters the flock or anywhere else.

truthprevails

Alpharetta, GA

#442767 May 19, 2013
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#442768 May 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a silly boy indeed! Galileo had to beg the pope to not kill him. He had to retract or be burned at the stake.
Whether his science was right or wrong was not the issue. He should have been allowed his opinion without the pope having power over him.
That type of tyranny would not be allowed today ... thanks to Luther and his group of equally power-hungry religious thugs.
I see so do you have the records of this begging of the Pope? lol He was asserting as fact something that was not able to be proven. It was more a trial of his peers who opposed his theory. The reality is others such as copernicus before him had floated it. The church did not have a problem with a theory. It had a problem with someone who was proclaming as fact something which clearly could not yet be proven and insisting on making it a theological debate. He was not tortured. His stating it as fact was. If he had stayed within the boundaries of science he would have been fine. Even under house arrest after his theory was condemned he was provided servants and continued work. The theory was not shut out but claiming something to fact is another story. Clearly the Jesuits continued to study. Whether you agree with the big bang theory or not is irrelevant. He was a Catholic and highly praised by the likes of Albert Einstein and peers. The difference is things being presented as a hypothesis and entering into the realm of theology without examining all the ways to view or understand something is quite another. The panel was wrong to have condemned it but it certainly did not mean noone was allowed to work on providing evidence to further theories. Sorry but the church is, was and always has been a leader in science. You dont know what you are talking about.
truthprevails

Alpharetta, GA

#442769 May 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
My guess is, these religious ones on the forum that are so mouthy and arrogant in their claims of holiness, would be the worst bullies in reality, if only they had a chance to wield their power over others.
Those who perceive that they are holy are in denial of their brute-like lusts for violence.
Speaking of brute like violence, your atheism has caused more of that than Christianity.

http://www.investigatingatheism.info/violence...

oh.. btw.. that's from the University of Cambridge, so I'm not just popping off at the mouth like you are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min WasteWater 18,090
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min Gabriel 983,378
Testing. 1 hr ImPeach 3
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 6 hr Tony 6,423
getting pregnant by much older man 9 hr George Justapose 5
Amazon's Jeff Bezzos worth 90 BILLION DOLLARS??! 9 hr George Justapose 2
Derrick Rose coming to Cavaliers REAL Class Act... 9 hr George Justapose 4
More from around the web