Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 692121 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#442609 May 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say God came from nothing, I said the Universe came from nothing. No deity invlolved at all.
If there was nothing before god, then god created himself out of nothing. It was only after he created himself could he create the universe.

Silly people!
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#442610 May 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That is double-talk. Anything beyond human intellect can't be known BY human intellect.
:)
June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#442611 May 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
If your god is invisible, why would he create the universe as visible.

Does he prefer to hide from his subjects???

Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#442612 May 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Outrageous Roman Catholic statements....
I. "...we only have access to the Father by means of the Son, who is the Mediator of justice, so we only have access to the Son by means of the Mother, who is mediator of grace, and who obtains for us, by her intercession, the gifts which Jesus Christ has merited for us....you cannot come to God except by means of Jesus Christ, nor can you come to Christ except by means of his Mother." St. Alphonsus Ligouri, The Great Means of Salvation and of Perfection (The Necessity and Power of Prayer), Chapter 1, The Necessity of Prayer, Section 4 "The Intercession of the Blessed Virgin".
II. "God chose her to be the treasurer, the administrator and the dispenser of all his graces, so that all his graces and gifts pass through her hands. Such is the power that she has received from him that, according to St Bernardine, she gives the graces of the eternal Father, the virtues of Jesus Christ, and the gifts of the Holy Spirit to whom she wills, as and when she wills, and as much as she wills.....
"We must never go to our Lord except through Mary, using her intercession and good standing with him. We must never be without her when praying to Jesus.....
"Beware, chosen soul, of thinking that it is more perfect to direct your work and intention straight to Jesus or straight to God. Without Mary, your work and your intention will be of little value. But if you go to God through Mary, your work will become Mary's work, and consequently will be most noble and most worthy of God.." St. Louis Marie de Montfort, in The Secret of Mary,#10, 48, 50.
III. "All the gifts, graces, virtues of the Holy Spirit are distributed by the hands of Mary, to whom she wills, when she wills, as she wills, and in the measure she wills." St. Bernardine (Quoted by St. Louis de Montfort in Treatise on True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin,#42.
"We must never go to Our Lord except through Mary"

What? WHAT??? you're an idiot. I can't wrap my head around a supposed Deacon of Jesus Christ stooping to slander and deception to spread his version on the Ministry of Jesus Christ!
LTM, Marge, Ox....there is you Shepherd, OldG. Follow him if you dare!
June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#442613 May 19, 2013
It seems that all the countless gods and goddesses that live in the minds of humans ... like to keep the guessing game going.

Maybe some day they will appear and have a grand opening on a scale that has never been a scene to this day ... except in active human imaginations.

June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#442614 May 19, 2013
Christians are determined that there is only one god.

But when I suggest that according to the theology of the Jews, the one god favors ONLY Jews, they get cranky and demand that the god LOVES THEM.

One Christian stated emphatically that nobody gets between her and her GOD.

"HER GOD!" GIMME ... GIMME ... GIMME! MINE ... MINE ... MINE!!!

truth

Perth, Australia

#442615 May 19, 2013
My priest give us gift..must be bible..no..he say i don't have any bible here..
please would you except this Cross..could you imagen
when i have to be happy he give me Cross..o yes i will.
I did not reject.

I remember that hand over me.
Who?
Mercy
Did I say that?
No
But I see Merciful hand which took me as child upon
everything.
'I trust in you'

I cry and pray many times front of my Good mother Cross ..she send me that cross..which complete break my heart..my mother my mother my good sorrowful mother.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#442616 May 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say God came from nothing, I said the Universe came from nothing. No deity invlolved at all.
No deity involved at all? Genesis 1:1, "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth."

When? In the beginning
Who? God
What? Created the heavens and the earth.

Pretty simple. Sounds like a deity to me. How about you?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#442617 May 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
I. "...we only have access to the Father by means of the Son, who is the Mediator of justice, so we only have access to the Son by means of the Mother, who is mediator of grace, and who obtains for us, by her intercession, the gifts which Jesus Christ has merited for us....you cannot come to God except by means of Jesus Christ, nor can you come to Christ except by means of his Mother." St. Alphonsus Ligouri, The Great Means of Salvation and of Perfection (The Necessity and Power of Prayer), Chapter 1, The Necessity of Prayer, Section 4 "The Intercession of the Blessed Virgin".
II. "God chose her to be the treasurer, the administrator and the dispenser of all his graces, so that all his graces and gifts pass through her hands. Such is the power that she has received from him that, according to St Bernardine, she gives the graces of the eternal Father, the virtues of Jesus Christ, and the gifts of the Holy Spirit to whom she wills, as and when she wills, and as much as she wills.....
"We must never go to our Lord except through Mary, using her intercession and good standing with him. We must never be without her when praying to Jesus.....
"Beware, chosen soul, of thinking that it is more perfect to direct your work and intention straight to Jesus or straight to God. Without Mary, your work and your intention will be of little value. But if you go to God through Mary, your work will become Mary's work, and consequently will be most noble and most worthy of God.." St. Louis Marie de Montfort, in The Secret of Mary,#10, 48, 50.
III. "All the gifts, graces, virtues of the Holy Spirit are distributed by the hands of Mary, to whom she wills, when she wills, as she wills, and in the measure she wills." St. Bernardine (Quoted by St. Louis de Montfort in Treatise on True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin,#42.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What? WHAT??? you're an idiot. I can't wrap my head around a supposed Deacon of Jesus Christ stooping to slander and deception to spread his version on the Ministry of Jesus Christ!
It is obvious your reading and comprehension skills are still very diminished. The quotes I posted are from ROMAN CATHOLICS.....ROMAN CATHOLICS....ROMAN CATHOLICS....

Do you understand?
truth

Perth, Australia

#442618 May 19, 2013
Why i need be scare of tiny mouse Satan which tempting every day..no..we know who they are..
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#442619 May 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/09384a.htm

Cly, your ROMAN CATHOLIC counterpart gave the world what you are suggesting is slanderous and deceptive which you have credited to me. He said, quote, "We must never go to Our Lord except through Mary."

Cly, what now? Poooooooor ROMAN CATHOLIC.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#442620 May 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course! Might was always RIGHT.
There were countless offshoot-sects of Catholicism that perished in the wake of the powerful Catholic military ... bibles in one hand and weapons in the other ... as they spilled human blood everywhere they went.
A rather broad blanket statement with partial truth. First some sects died of naturally and others who were excommunicated still practice. It was those who incited violence and tried to contol the state which brought severe consquences. It was after all considered treason against the state. Keep in mind Roman law prevailed and no pope or the church could easily demand anything from an emperor. The lands Rome had conquered long before Christianity was legalized and ruled for centuries would be properly returned to whom? An emperor was free to give what he chose as gifts and sell land to the highest bidder regardless of whom it may be. The Nestorians and sects existed just fine for many years. Schisms developed and were healed. It was those who caused trouble and rebellion. I agree that people have used religion for their own gain, but if not religion something else. They are corrupt, your policies dont work, the idea of democracy vs ruling class, state owned property, taxation, land disputes etc. Wars do not cease because religion ceases or there is no god involved. Ireland comes to mind often portrayed as the Catholic vs Protestant war. Nonsense! It is about a Country who wanted to be Independent of Englands tyranny, taxation, rule and persecution. Occupied lands in the North were largely Protestant which would not have mattered had the opression not been there.

I.E. 100 year loans and if they were a second late would begin again. Refusal to do so would mean soldiers would come and burn your homes and kill your livestock and seek to kill or imprison you if you did not comply. Thus, very few were able to own anything and the Lords made sure it stayed that way.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#442621 May 19, 2013
Cly, St. Louis Marie de Montfort, in The Secret of Mary,#10, 48, 50.

Act through Mary

48. 3. We must never go to our Lord except through Mary, using her intercession and good standing with him. We must never be without her when praying to Jesus.

50. Beware, chosen soul, of thinking that it is more perfect to direct your work and intention straight to Jesus or straight to God. Without Mary, your work and your intention will be of little value. But if you go to God through Mary, your work will become Mary's work, and consequently will be most noble and most worthy of God.

Quotes posted above are contained in the site listed below. Right or wrong Cly?

http://www.sanpiodapietrelcina.org/english/se...
truthprevails

Alpharetta, GA

#442622 May 19, 2013
11 Reasons the Authority of Christianity Is Centered on St. Peter and Rome

http://www.stpeterslist.com/9035/11-reasons-t...
truthprevails

Alpharetta, GA

#442623 May 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Christians are determined that there is only one god.
We're not determined baby! We KNOW it.
truth

Perth, Australia

#442624 May 19, 2013
heven=neva eh
now
pray pray pray navena nevena nivena novena nuvena

how you pray rosary
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#442625 May 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again Cly you have been shown to be nothing more than a liar.
Pooooooor ROMAN CATHOLIC!

http://www.sanpiodapietrelcina.org/english/se...

48. 3. We must never go to our Lord except through Mary, using her intercession and good standing with him. We must never be without her when praying to Jesus.

50. Beware, chosen soul, of thinking that it is more perfect to direct your work and intention straight to Jesus or straight to God. Without Mary, your work and your intention will be of little value. But if you go to God through Mary, your work will become Mary's work, and consequently will be most noble and most worthy of God.
truthprevails

Alpharetta, GA

#442626 May 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
It seems that all the countless gods and goddesses that live in the minds of humans ... like to keep the guessing game going.
Maybe some day they will appear and have a grand opening on a scale that has never been a scene to this day ... except in active human imaginations.
Here's a new forum for you sweetie! Go join right away:

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
truth

Perth, Australia

#442627 May 19, 2013
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#442628 May 19, 2013
I don't recall I think it may have been Dan Rather who interviewed Sadaam Hussein in Iraq before the invasion. People were criticising him for softball questions and no responding more critically of his answers.

I have no doubt those who did so would have railed against Sadaam Hussein with no fear whatsoever of being killed, tortured, beheaded or imprisoned. lol Its obviously very easy to tell men of great power the real deal. I mean after all that went well with King Henry right? I beleive it was Thomas Moore who because of refusal was beaten, stretched, disemboweled, hung and quartered. I know all the brave people in this anonymous forum would have told him the real deal, but reality is something that seems foreign to people who live in a free country who have never seen nor understand how brutal men can really be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min June VanDerMark 47,125
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min Big Al 990,687
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 52 min youareadufus 465
TWA Flight 800 (Jul '13) 1 hr Doctor REALITY 7
beware of raymond rotolo / ps inspections llc 1 hr what I think happ... 2
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 14 hr DJ Crazee 39,286
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 21 hr waaasssuuup 445,850
More from around the web