Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667994 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#442566 May 19, 2013
ironman77 wrote:
Noone cares if you don't believe in God! The only one whom suffers is you in the long run!
Does the idea of others suffering for not believing as you believe, make you feel powerful?

Terrace, Canada

#442567 May 19, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic social teaching emphasises support for the sick, the poor and the afflicted through the corporal works of mercy. The Catholic Church is the largest non-government provider of education and medical services in the world.[20] Catholic spiritual teaching emphasises spread of the Gospel message and growth in spiritual discipline through the spiritual works of mercy.
The Catholic Church is the largest provider of health services in the world.[20] In 2010, the Catholic Church's Pontifical Council for Pastoral Assistance to Health Care Workers said that the Church manages 26% of health care facilities in the world, including hospitals, clinics, orphanages, pharmacies and centres for those with leprosy.[82]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church
What was known as a hospital in the earliest days is nothing resembling what a hospital of today is nor its purpose and to whom. Care for the masses is definitely a uniquely Catholic institution as is education. That tradition is very self evident today so deal with it. As the govt. which let the masses die with no remorse today socialized medicine and govt facilities have replaced orphanages and care in certain countries who have opted to do so. However many places around the world rely heavily on the Church Christian or not for help they would not otherwise receive Honest historians do indeed credit the Church and the obvious fact that today the church still plays a very prominent role, but those who wish to spit on her for no other reason to spit do so. Oh, she just gives so they will be Catholic. Yes indeed it is those who have nowhere to turn to often cry out to God and his Church for help. It has always been so. Like it or not the Church has a prominent role in the development of many of many of things you take for granted today.
I suggest that you are not aware of how little of the money the church gives out compared to how much money it brings in.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#442568 May 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. I wonder about the human race prior to the invention of the printing press. Bibles were scarce. People had to go to the Catholic Mass to hear scripture readings. The Marge's never had a Bible to dictate their own Christianity.
Are you in effect saying, that Jesus Christ really began His Ministry on September 30th, 1452, when the Bible was first published? People could finally see how the 'word of God' was kept hidden by the evil Roman Catholic Church for the previous millennium?
I'm not saying that at all Clay just the opposite really.

I believe the Word was established in the beginning with God, my question was do you?

Terrace, Canada

#442569 May 19, 2013
The Incredible Book of Vatican Facts and Papal Curiosities … A treasury of Trivia, by Nino Lo Bello~ Published 1998.

How rich is the Vatican?

As one cardinal’s aide quipped not long ago,“The Vatican should truly be judged by the companies it keeps.”
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#442570 May 19, 2013
ironman77 wrote:
Its obvious you never attended college bc, if you had, you would know wikipedia isn't a reliable source of information! Half of which is written on that site is by those with little to no knowledge. Anyone can add info to wikipedia.
<quoted text>
True no college professor of any integrity would allow use of wikipedia and even the founder argues against it as a reliable source of information. Sheldon once asked Raj on a sitcom. What do you do in your free time. Raj: Well you know making stuff up on wikipedia. lol Not to say it cannot have accurate information, but certainly not the end all source.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#442571 May 19, 2013
And Clay if you answer yes to the above which is the correct answer, then how can you listen to those who have added or taken away from what ws i the beginning?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#442572 May 19, 2013
was in the beginning.

Terrace, Canada

#442573 May 19, 2013
National Post

Popes and demons: Mysterious Vatican bank poses problem for new pontiff

The public and private woes of the Vatican bank, long shrouded in secrets and whispers, might well prove to be just as challenging, if not as draining, as the lurid, faith-shaking damage of the clergy abuse scandal.

With a two-year probe by Italian authorities into money laundering, poor transparency, inadequate adherence to standards for guarding against criminal and terrorist financing, and questions over sudden changes in its leadership, the bank represents another crisis of morals, legalities and perception.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/03/08/vatic...

Terrace, Canada

#442574 May 19, 2013
“The extent of papal wealth has traditionally been cloaked in secrecy. Even within the Vatican’s own walls there is no one individual who has an overall view of its infinitely ramified financial operations. In ‘The Vatican Empire’, Nino Lo Bello, former Rome correspondent for ‘Business Week’, presents the first comprehensive and authoritative report on the Vatican as a nerve center of high finance. The picture that emerges is one of awesome fiscal power.

Mr. Lo Bello describes in fascinating detail Vatican investment in real estate – one third of Rome is owned by the Holy See – electronics, plastics, airlines, and chemical and engineering firms. He also gives evidence that the Vatican is heavily involved in Italian banking and that it has huge deposits in foreign banks. Many of these are in Switzerland, since the Vatican financiers prefer numbered Swiss accounts where anonymity is maintained and where they can gain control of foreign corporations far from the public eye.

In addition, Mr. Lo Bello shows that the Vatican is one of the world’s largest shareholders, with a stock portfolio that can be conservatively estimated in billions of dollars.”

http://www.toughissues.org/handoutsnew/Wealth...
marge

Leesburg, GA

#442575 May 19, 2013
Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

Here is a distinct prediction that the present structure of the universe will pass away; that is, that it will be changed, that it will perish, as far as its present state and condition are concerned; but only that it may be refashioned in a more beautiful form. "We look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness" (2 Peter 3:13).

With this declaration of our blessed Lord all the discoveries of science coincide. Astronomy and geology alike concur in the conclusion that the whole system of the universe is moving onwards to its change. Our blessed Lord did but affirm that which is demonstrated by science.

But my words shall not pass away; not merely the words which with his full self-consciousness he had just uttered respecting Jerusalem, but all his other words - all the revelation of God, all the words of him who is the Truth.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#442576 May 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that you are not aware of how little of the money the church gives out compared to how much money it brings in.
Yawn... I know the govt is so efficient that is why over 100,000 for every man woman and child was given to Louisiana in relief and its still a cesspool. Much of the money given to contractors out of state who did not perform the work, but the govt doesnt know where the money went. Billions of unaccounted for funds in Iraq. Oh yeah its all those priests living the high life. lol Did you know alot of charities non-catholic allow the fundraisers to keep up to 80% of what they collect? I know lets raise money for medical companies for a new drug rather than prevention programs and to posture against natural practitioners and fund studies using poorly made supplements in small doses so they can say, see it doesnt work. All the while trying to maintain control. Sorry, but the fact remains care for the masses was and remains a major contribution of the Catholic Church.

Terrace, Canada

#442577 May 19, 2013
I suggest you keep in mind that when the Catholics were given total control over religion in the Roman Empire, they confiscated all the lands and other material wealth of those they put to death as heretics and witches.

It was a breeding-ground of vicious intent and underhanded violence that made the hierarchy the material power-house it is on earth today.

Their military was vile and aggressive as the followers were promised martyrdom and sainthood and eternal bliss in heaven ... if ONLY they would kill as the hierarchy ordained was necessary.
Pad

Fishers, IN

#442578 May 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
If there is a god and he is offended by abortion, then he had better start keeping those cells in the fetuses alive so that the countless babies are not born dead.
Silly dogmas.
Thanks for your cold hearted take on the subject of babies in the womb."He or she who loves this world is not worthy of Him."So enjoy your brief moment June,because your post here clearly tells us that you are totally engrossed in this world,the world is pleading with us all to abort our young,fear is rampant amongst world economists,because they are afraid of over population.You are part of this scenario,therefore your mindset is seared,and you want the M U R D E R of innocents to continue on.

ARE you not satisfied with the space you have in life,or the home you reside in,is it not enough? When you are dead it won't make a bit of difference as to how much space you are taking up in this world you cherish so much."ITS all we got!" We don't know anything else,that is a silly dogma created by earth worshipers such as yourself.
Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

#442579 May 19, 2013
If this church is so righteous why did it change the words in the bible why did it add to the words in the bible why did it change the sabbath why did it change the feast days for pagan holidays.....

I will tell you why it is the beast lead by satan and sits on seven hills named after seven different gods.
And was once one of the greatest military powers in the world but failed only to come back speaking great things.this church is without a teacher but for satan.nothing good has ever come out of this church.

everyone keep forgetting the power satan has over this earth....you think you are special because you are a roman catholick what you are is brainwashed into the worshiping of a man made god........that could be satan.......

I don;t care who you are where you are from The dead sea scrolls Says His Name is Yahweh So that is his name Man changed his name and turned him into A god. After all these things they still would not repent of their god worship......

And no Yahweh To god is not a translation.

They added god to his name the very thing he warns you not to worship........

Terrace, Canada

#442580 May 19, 2013
Martin Luther and his gang of thugs were also scoundrels and murderers in the guise of serving the supposed one and only god. But had they not broken the power of the Catholic church, today we might all be having to follow the wills of the Catholic dictators, or find ourselves burning at the stake.

Religion never has been just, and it never will be just ... and that is because humans (given any power whatsoever)... can't control the lust.

Terrace, Canada

#442581 May 19, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for your cold hearted take on the subject of babies in the womb.
If one out of every hundred fetuses are perishing in women's wombs, I suggest you blame your supposed creator ... not me.

I don't have the mental or physical power to kill fetuses in the wombs of other women.
Pad

Fishers, IN

#442582 May 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote
"I don't know what love is, or if it even exists ."
I was raise in a sterile atmosphere...where love was not expressed.
But God will teach you to love if you will allow him to...
____
Once A Church I served was taken from me ( in a bigot
ruse orchestrated by my own mother) because I expressed that I would install a black man to be a deacon in my first charge in Virginia.
I was told that "if I ever went to that n...... house again that I was no longer her son..."
I answered.."MOM YOU JUST LOST A SON.."
DID/DO I STILL HONOR MY FATHER AND MOTHER?... YES WITH OUT RESERVATIONS..but I HONOR GOD FIRST...
JESUS SAID
Mat_19:29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.
MY MOM WAS RAISED IN AN ORPHANAGE AND TAUGHT TO BE A BIGOT...BY THE ODD FELLOWS IN THAT INSTITUTION...
She lost her parents, her brother and an uncle in the flue epidemic in 1917.
MOM PASSED A WAY IN HER 80's (In a nursing home with Alzheimer disease.)
IN HER HALLUCINATIONS SHE WAS SHARING HER FOOD AND BLANKETS WITH
HOMELESS BLACK PEOPLE.( God in his love and mercy, worked out her bigotry before she died)
At no time have I blamed God for the decisions that people make...He has delivered me from taking offense...
Psa_119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law word: and nothing shall offend them.
As I said before...being a pastor (at times) is like walking the edge of a straight razor....But working with people brings occupational hazards and one might as well expect them.
How are you taking it?
GOOD post Gif.I commend you for not taking your mother's side over the Lord's.He saved you and has kept you all these years,no one can take that away from you but you yourself.Your mother's poor judgment could have been your ruin if you followed her,and we all know how much we want to please our mothers!

My mother has in my past years said and done things to try and influence me to do the opposite of what God called me to do,instead I followed the Lord,and it eventually caused my mother to repent and embrace Christ for herself.She suffers ill health,but her spirit in Christ is stronger,and stronger,she relies on HIM to help her to live out the remaining years of her life.

Terrace, Canada

#442583 May 19, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
If this church is so righteous why did it change the words in the bible why did it add to the words in the bible why did it change the sabbath why did it change the feast days for pagan holidays.....
Maybe all of you will someday catch on to the idea that men with over-active imaginations created all religion by nothing but the use of word-manipulation.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#442584 May 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That something can come from nothing is well documented and observed FACT!
Please come join us in the 21st century.
Well documented? I'm confused.

Please provide a link showing that "something can come from nothing."
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#442585 May 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest you keep in mind that when the Catholics were given total control over religion in the Roman Empire, they confiscated all the lands and other material wealth of those they put to death as heretics and witches.
It was a breeding-ground of vicious intent and underhanded violence that made the hierarchy the material power-house it is on earth today.
Their military was vile and aggressive as the followers were promised martyrdom and sainthood and eternal bliss in heaven ... if ONLY they would kill as the hierarchy ordained was necessary.
I suggest you keep in mind that throughout history religious or not to the victor go the spoils. No doubt the persecuted became the persecuted. Show me the Kings, emperors and Queens who did claim land for their own? The US always existed right? Ghengis Khan, Mohummad, Napolean sold a portion of American it was his to sell right? Royal families given land. Oh wait, when King Henry began burning churches and they looted and burned he kept everything right or was it that the families split up the booty and seized the property and wealth? Hmmmm You cannot blame religion. Communism abhorrs religion but there was no conquest there. lol Luther when he began his rampage (oddly along with the invention of the gatling gun with the princes army behind him who saw an opportunity to seize wealth and not pay taxes to the king. Funny though how they did not want to go the extreme to which Luther evolved into which was to arm and attack the Church everywhere. I wonder how the great June would react if your family was murdered before your eyes and your land seized by the govt by an atheist who said the state now owns it and persecuted you if you dared pay homage to any god. Its all good. lol Atheist the grand moralists. Anarchy is the only rule acceptable for each has there own moral code and enlightenment for mankind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Everyone is a fool 6 min Truthiness 8
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Neville Thompson 286,104
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min St Elmos Fire 92,795
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 56 min Neville Thompson 1,106
REAL Smooth New Age Chamber Jazz 57 min Doctor REALITY 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr truth 183,654
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Richardfs 979,488
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 619,238
More from around the web