Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596750 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442250 May 18, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>I see. I must apologize for what many of my Christian family teaches from the Bible. Much that they teach is erroneous for they are of little understanding in much that they think the Bible says. There is no one burning in hell and hell is our common grave. There is nothing anyone can do in this life,in the short time we are on this earth to have God be so mean and vicious as to deposit their souls in a burning tormenting hell for all eternity simply for not accdepting and believing in Him. That they teach that God would do is yet another scripture that they have misunderstood and taken totally out of context. It is yet another of the many lies that God gets told on Him by the religious community that are of little understanding of much of the scriptures. Again I apologize for them. They mean well though.
You only reflect back to you from the words in the bible that satisfy your own imagination. That is what all people do with the words. And then they fight with others about who has the meaning that came from "GOD" through those who wrote the words.

Silly stuff indeed!

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442251 May 18, 2013
satisfies
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#442252 May 18, 2013
Gunslinger wrote:
Hell, I've been saying that Catholics are the only folks who do not piss God off for three months now. About time the Pope picked up on my lead.
The Pope did. A new era of openness.

After calling for reform of the world's "cult of money," the Pope listened to my calls (and a few others), and the reform begins within.

The Vatican bank will launch it's own website and publish its annual report.
truth

Perth, Australia

#442253 May 18, 2013
love=reproductive system for us ordinary humans in this life..many have pleasure..many not..is that shame
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooo
i think we are here to secure our indetity within our pure soul much more..how many times we come back maybe modern 2-3x.what keep us=who feed from us
they represent darkness ..they will tell you what church need which church and who..did you see them or what?

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442254 May 18, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain hOw that pertains to the inquisitions and the atrosity of It will you?
"OH PLEASE!!! Pagan religions were brutal before Christianity ever came to the fore.
Why do you try to imply that humans have ever been anything BUT selfish power-seekers?"
THAT'S YOUR BULLSHIT NOT MINE JUNE!
I am not Pagan any more than you are...am not "IMLPLYING ANYTHIHG"
YOU ARE!
You are dishonest and reprehensible in your attempt to impose and defame by "LABEL"(incorrect label-Libel).
YOU are the one stating that "humans were anything but selfish power seekers".
And now you try to attribute it all to Pagans. As that is supposed to mean I am to blame.
Grow ta hell up up will ya?
Why don't you go break a mirror or something more relative.
You are grasping at straws to try ti cause pain. You can't hurt me. I am "above" you in that respect.
Your hatred will destroy you....I promise you that is truth.
I didn't attribute all cruelty to Pagans. I just emphasized that before the Christians started their churches, the Pagans were already burning other humans and non-human animals in the flames to appease the supposed gods.

As I can see from the words in your posts to me, you have the same reaction of anger as do the Christians on this forum, and yet you preach about knowing the meaning of love.

We all have hot-buttons and yours is lit up bright red ... so please don't give me that malarkey about early humans being atoned to love and that they came from space and were evolved to a god-like level of behavior.

From my perception, our ancestors were ape-like creators that were probably comparable to other animals in knowing nothing more than basic skills of survival.

My guess is, if circumstances were suitable, with the flash of a weapon, you could be a killer and so could I.
truth

Perth, Australia

#442255 May 18, 2013
who left that on my bench kitchen table
what wrote there
book 51 just tiny chips metal as button
now you are liar
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#442256 May 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Miracles are God revealing Himself in a supernatural way.
No, I am not talking about an image of Jesus Christ in a cookie.
The Catholic Church exhausts all scientific reasoning BEFORE they officially declare something worthy of belief.
The main 'rule' I guess, is for you to believe in Him...
Sorry Clay, but the CC RESISTS all scientific "reasoning," as you put it.

The CCF has refused modern testing on relics, communion tissue, all except one test on the Shroud.

The test on the shroud came back as most suspected, a 13th century fake, but then your CC tells us "oops, the test sample was an old repair."

Now the CC refuses further testing and you claim they want to "exhaust all scientific reasoning BEFORE they officially declare something worthy of belief."

Sir, that is the definition of delusional.

I asked for a list of things god requires us to do, and you could only "guess."

And if I don't love your imaginary god, then what happens to me? Would you use the description that Mary told the three little girls at the sun miracle?

That's OK. We agree on the other 95% of mankind's religious dogma. It's all imaginary except for yours, right?

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442257 May 18, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. I will provide you with a very personal example.
My wife, sister, and two small children were threatened with death by a gang. I was in another state at the time. My wife called me about the situation and said if I returned that they would kill me and them also. I came back to my home immediately. The gang tried to decapitate me with a chain when entering my drive, but I was just a little smarter than that. My bike was messed but I was prime.
I Destroyed 15 bad ass assholes(carrying knives guns and pipes) that night with nothing but two hands and the love for my people.
Did I worry if I was gonna die?---HELL NO!
AND THE COPS HAD THE NERVE TA WANT ME TA PAY FOR THE DAMAGE!
THAT'S LOVE!
So violence against violence is what you refer to as LOVE?

Thanks for helping me make my point.

And the idea that you want me to believe that with your two hands you took on 15 criminals is quite the story. It's not believe-able ... but it's quite the story just the same.

It almost compares to the story of a god destroying the whole civilization with a flood because of evil.

:)

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442258 May 18, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>None of the above June.IMO
So if YOU were making the laws how would you handle these people and at the same time, align your behavior to an act of LOVE?

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
I agree.
But how far do we allowed people to go with the "freedom of religion" law?
Should JWs be allowed to deprive their children of live sustaining blood and allow them to die?
Should snake handlers be allowed to indoctrinate their children that handling poisonous snakes is aligned to a god's will?
Where is the fine line?
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#442259 May 18, 2013
What "rules" does God require me to obey?

No one has a simple and concise list. How about the 10 Commandments.

Surely all Christians can agree on something "from God" as simple and concise as the 10 Commandments, right?

Did Jesus change the 10 Commandments? Jews seemed to understand them.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442260 May 18, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well...I don't have a book in the other hand. so where do you suppose I should go now?
Hate or love?
Well ... when you can explain the difference between what people refer to as hate and love, please let me know.

Those who held the bible in one hand and the sword in the other seemed to be sure they knew the meaning of love.

Holy war or Just war to me are conflicting statements, as killing can't be a holy act ... but to those in religion it meant and still means to some that the gods supported the killing.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442261 May 18, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can believe or disbelieve any goddam thing you want biotch.
Those of us that have experienced those things---KNOW!
Now HOW DO YA LIKE THAT FER apples?
uHH UHH UHH...
More LOVE from the teacher of LOVE huh?

Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#442262 May 18, 2013
From Exodus:

"... for I the LORD your God am a jealous God,visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me."

Why does this god get angry at a person's family for 4 generations?

The concept is not only unjust, but absurd.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10_Commandments
truth

Perth, Australia

#442263 May 18, 2013
java=see old graveyards
you not tell me
how many times in circle we past from one side to another..
try win yourself=its who say to me
how you call that
win your ego
win yourself

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442264 May 18, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is obvious that you have never had any experience whatsoever with it.
No, I haven't had any visitors from outer space ... and I also haven't had any visits from a devil or a god.

Even when I was under the spell of religion, I never had any visits from a devil or a god.

Anything is possible, but it hasn't happened to me as of yet.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442265 May 18, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No you seem to still be in the cellar.
So you perceive that I am in the cellar, and you have advanced to the upper room HUH???

You might be right.

truth

Perth, Australia

#442266 May 18, 2013
Who created you?

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442267 May 18, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can not show you empirical evidence. We took 15 pictures with our "accident report camera", but when we went to retrieve them, they were already "picked up".--not undevelopable--already picked up!
BY who?, and why?...how the hell did they know?
We had at least 15 other(truckers) witnesses to it all. never mind, you are unapproacable anyway. Why even bother.
UH HUH.

It's plain that you believe YOU are a super-god that came in from outer space. To beat on up on 15 criminals with your bare hands while they had weapons is not an ordinary feat by any stretch of imagination.

GEEZ LOUISE ... and I thought the Christians lived in illusion!!!

truth

Perth, Australia

#442268 May 18, 2013
Did you have your Creator?

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442269 May 18, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Let me apologize for referring for saying the some Christians are imbecilic. You're not imbecilic. Some of you just don't have spiritual eyes to see but you're not imbecilic. Those that love God are far from being imbecilic.
The ones that supported holy and just wars "loved" their images of gods ... but they didn't love the humans whose blood they were spilling.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min ChromiuMan 856,032
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 6 min copout 221,824
The MOST EVIL human acts OF ALL TIME 17 min andet1987 8
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 22 min I Am No One_ 444,377
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 27 min sangili karuppan 7,344
"What's UP wit all dat 'ol BULLS - - T??!" 30 min Doctor REALITY 6
REALITY: Tiger Woods is a SICK TRICK! 36 min andet1987 6
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 37 min Bella Italia 612,655
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr dGo nmeDad lyHo p... 1,083
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 hr Henry_Joseph 177,230
More from around the web