Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687223 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#442423 May 18, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
<quoted text>She did when i was married to her.
Why do you believe Satan would settle for you, when she could have her pick of all the other male demons on earth?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#442424 May 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So violence against violence is what you refer to as LOVE?
Thanks for helping me make my point.
And the idea that you want me to believe that with your two hands you took on 15 criminals is quite the story. It's not believe-able ... but it's quite the story just the same.
It almost compares to the story of a god destroying the whole civilization with a flood because of evil.
:)
You asked-I told. It was no lie...well, I did have the chain they tried to kill me with...
Did you just need someone to burn?

Then you have satisfied your lust.
June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#442425 May 18, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are building strawman characters of anyone of your choosing and then attacking that strawman that YOU build June.
Here is a perfect example of it...
"We all have hot-buttons and yours is lit up bright red ... so please don't give me that malarkey about early humans being atoned to love and that they came from space and were evolved to a god-like level of behavior."
You are twisting every single answer anyone gives you to a question, building a strawman in your perversion of it, then setting it on fire.
That only leads me to believe you thrive on hate...and will stoop to any level to "push that button" to revel in it.
You keep going back to what I might do in a situation requiring me to kill another, and your concentration camp scenario.
I know (knew) quite a few folks-(good friends actually)and their families who never removed their arm tattoo ID numbers so as to never forget the atrocity. Two of them met in the camps and searched and each other out after the war and married. I myself was born in an Army camp in Regensburg.
Yes, I have killed.
No I don't wish to elaborate, so don't ask.
Does that satisfy your dig for information?
After bragging that you wiped out 15 bad asses with your bare hands, I don't believe anything you post.

So carry on with others that you might be able to impress with your nonsense.
June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#442427 May 18, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
There is currently many in The insane institutions/asylums across the nation...that are demon possessed.
Many of them were taught by theologians to believe in demons and they now in turn believe they are possessed BY them.

That is the tragedy.
June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#442428 May 18, 2013
Stop-It-Now wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, many psychiatrists advise exactly that when appropriate. If you have ever seen a psychiatric test, at least 30 of the 513 questions address demons.
It might still be "in the books" but I've never known a modern therapist to ask such a stupid question.

Why would they even WANT to put crap like that in people's minds except to scare them?

That's comparable to teaching children that the boogey-man is real.
June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#442429 May 18, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
An apology and correction to my earlier post above.
Not all here seem self-righteous. There are some exceptions.
Thankfully, most christians do not reflect this board.
Most Catholic don't attend weekly Mass or care a hoot about the title of this board. Most Protestants don't believe they will be swept away from earth by God tomorrow.
Ask them if they believe that some will go to heaven and some will go to hell.

Then you will be able to assess their REAL feelings.

Location hidden

#442430 May 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
More LOVE from the teacher of LOVE huh?
I only gave you the response you were trying to get.

Aren't you happy with that either?

Location hidden

#442431 May 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well ... when you can explain the difference between what people refer to as hate and love, please let me know.
Those who held the bible in one hand and the sword in the other seemed to be sure they knew the meaning of love.
Holy war or Just war to me are conflicting statements, as killing can't be a holy act ... but to those in religion it meant and still means to some that the gods supported the killing.
There is no such thing as "just" war.IMO
June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#442432 May 18, 2013
The first whites to populate America were all Christians, so it would follow that because they were all indoctrinated by theologians to believe in demon possession, that all of the first psychiatrists and psychologists would treat their patients as thought they were possessed by demons.

The people really needed to hear that when the religion was what made many of them mentally ill in the first place.

sarcasm intended

Location hidden

#442433 May 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So if YOU were making the laws how would you handle these people and at the same time, align your behavior to an act of LOVE?
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
But how far do we allowed people to go with the "freedom of religion" law?
Should JWs be allowed to deprive their children of live sustaining blood and allow them to die?
Should snake handlers be allowed to indoctrinate their children that handling poisonous snakes is aligned to a god's will?
Where is the fine line?
I am not the one making "laws", and neither are you.
Education is the best cure for ignorance. Ignorance is the cause of atrocity.IMO
June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#442434 May 18, 2013
It seems as foolish to me to believe I would be filled with angels, as to believe that I would be filled with demons.

GOOD GRIEF!

How about a sprinkling of angels AND a sprinkling of demons?

Then the angels and demons can party hardy.

Location hidden

#442435 May 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
UH HUH.
It's plain that you believe YOU are a super-god that came in from outer space. To beat on up on 15 criminals with your bare hands while they had weapons is not an ordinary feat by any stretch of imagination.
GEEZ LOUISE ... and I thought the Christians lived in illusion!!!
There you go again. You pick and pick for bits, build your strawman fantasy, and set it on fire.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#442436 May 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The original Christianity was brutal. And it hasn't changed much today. Right-fighters pointing at each other as sinners and heretics, in the pretense that they do it in the attitude of love.

.. but I'm quite sure that it isn't dictatorial in the attitude, "Believe my way, or you will not be saved."
~~~

You wrote
"I don't know what love is, or if it even exists ."

I was raise in a sterile atmosphere...where love was not expressed.

But God will teach you to love if you will allow him to...

____

Once A Church I served was taken from me ( in a bigot
ruse orchestrated by my own mother) because I expressed that I would install a black man to be a deacon in my first charge in Virginia.

I was told that "if I ever went to that n...... house again that I was no longer her son..."

I answered.."MOM YOU JUST LOST A SON.."

DID/DO I STILL HONOR MY FATHER AND MOTHER?... YES WITH OUT RESERVATIONS..but I HONOR GOD FIRST...

JESUS SAID
Mat_19:29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

MY MOM WAS RAISED IN AN ORPHANAGE AND TAUGHT TO BE A BIGOT...BY THE ODD FELLOWS IN THAT INSTITUTION...

She lost her parents, her brother and an uncle in the flue epidemic in 1917.

MOM PASSED A WAY IN HER 80's (In a nursing home with Alzheimer disease.)

IN HER HALLUCINATIONS SHE WAS SHARING HER FOOD AND BLANKETS WITH

HOMELESS BLACK PEOPLE.( God in his love and mercy, worked out her bigotry before she died)

At no time have I blamed God for the decisions that people make...He has delivered me from taking offense...

Psa_119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law word: and nothing shall offend them.

As I said before...being a pastor (at times) is like walking the edge of a straight razor....But working with people brings occupational hazards and one might as well expect them.

How are you taking it?
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#442437 May 18, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Demon possession is not a medical problem...Why should a Medical Doctor
( unless He is a Mature Christian) have any Idea what the problem is?
It is quite evident that you would not recognize demon possession if you were exposed to a person that is possessed.
For you to spend an opinion about such possession ...is abject ignorance on your part...
My advice to you ... is....
In your present spiritual condition....
that..you...avoid the subject.
Lest you find your self in
more serious trouble than you already are.
I appreciate the tone of your posts today. There is a little less anti catholicism.
I had someone close to me involved with the demonic. I won't say it was possession, but it was definitely real. I don't think I need scientific evidence of God anymore.

anyway Confrint. Why do you personally think the 'word of God' is only the words documented in the Books of the Bible? Wouldn't the verbal traditions from the Apostles also be 'the word of God'?
Please answer. Thanks

#442438 May 18, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again. You pick and pick for bits, build your strawman fantasy, and set it on fire.
~~~

A straw man.... is a scare crow...THE SEMBLANCE OF A MAN ..OUTSTANDING IN HIS FIELD...

WITH NO BRAINS..NO HEART...NO GUTS..AND IS SUBJECT TO...

( AND TOSSED ABOUT )

BY EVERY STORM THAT COMES HIS WAY .
June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#442439 May 18, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote
"I don't know what love is, or if it even exists ."
I was raise in a sterile atmosphere...where love was not expressed.
But God will teach you to love if you will allow him to...
____
It's plain that you believe a god loves you. But I want to know what you believe is love as it reside in humans.

For instance I don't see you showing much kindness to anyone on the forum unless they agree with your religion. Do you call that behavior "LOVE?"

#442440 May 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate the tone of your posts today. There is a little less anti catholicism.
I had someone close to me involved with the demonic. I won't say it was possession, but it was definitely real. I don't think I need scientific evidence of God anymore.
anyway Confrint. Why do you personally think the 'word of God' is only the words documented in the Books of the Bible? Wouldn't the verbal traditions from the Apostles also be 'the word of God'?
Please answer. Thanks
~~~

HERE IS NOTHING... THAT EXIST... THAT HAS THE FORCE OF THE POWER OF GOD SUPPORTING IT LIKE THE WORD OF GOD...

JESUS SAID

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying,

All power

POWER DEFINED

exousia
ex-oo-see'-ah
From G1832 (in the sense of ability); privilege, that is,(subjectively) force, capacity, competency, freedom, or (objectively) mastery (concretely magistrate, superhuman, potentate, token of control), delegated influence:- authority, jurisdiction, liberty, power, right, strength.

is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

GIVEN THAT ....ALL POWER IS IN JESUS.... MEANS ....THAT THERE IS

NOTHING THAT EXIST ....NO ENTITY....BUT JESUS...THAT HAS ANY POWER...

JESUS WORDS WERE/ARE

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing:

the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

ONLY OBEDIENCE TO WHAT JESUS HAS SPOKEN FORTH QUICKENED...(GIVES RESURRECTION POWER.) BY THE SPIRIT

AND

PRODUCES/GUARANTEES ETERNAL LIFE.

THAT WHICH IS NOT CONSISTENT WITH WHAT GOD HAS SPOKEN FORTH ...ULTIMATELY BRINGS DEATH...

OTHERWISE ....

Pro_12:28 In the way of righteousness is life; and in the pathway thereof there is no death.

Pro_18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

WORTHLESS...

Location hidden

#442441 May 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
There are quite a few errors in your post.
-There has been numerous tests on the shroud and the latest proved that the first test errored. It is not a 13th century fake. It dates to the time of Christ. The carbon dating from the first test only used a corner of the shroud. This happened to be a corner that was repaired after the the shroud miraculously survived a 13th century fire.
- Communion tissue is always scientifically examined before the Church decides on anything. You probably never heard of the report from a Church in West Saint Paul MN last year. Someone reported the communion host became a blood-like tissue ....the Church took it to a lab and it proved to be some kind of yeast reaction. Not blood.
However, a host from Lanciano, Italy around the 12th century did the same thing- appeared to turn to blood. In the 1980's the Catholic Church allowed scientist to examine it and they discovered it was indeed human blood and tissue from the heart, from a man in his 30's.
www.Wikipedia.org/Wiki/miracle_of_the_host
forgive me if my links don't work. My phone doesn't always allow it.
Now that's pretty interesting.

#442442 May 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's plain that you believe a god loves you. But I want to know what you believe is love as it reside in humans.
For instance I don't see you showing much kindness to anyone on the forum unless they agree with your religion. Do you call that behavior "LOVE?"
~~~

AS ONE CALLED OF GOD AND SENT

I HAVE A CHARGE TO KEEP....

IT READS...

2Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

THE WORD OF GOD TO MANY IS OFFENSIVE...BUT I MUST PRESENT IT ANYWAY

1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,

1Pe 2:8 ===> And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed. <---

1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

1Pe 2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

~~~~

1Co 9:16 For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!

Location hidden

#442443 May 18, 2013
324 323

Clay is hiding from the truth.....

Clay wrote:

What would make you think I reject that?
Christ IS the Son of God. But God isn't an old guy with a white beard. He's the light, love, mercy; name any adjective that describes perfection and wonder. God manifested Himself as a human being,(Jesus Christ). Fully Divine because he is in fact God.
But you already know all of this. You're just toying with sacred scripture to be cute. If I was you, I wouldn't get into the business of messing with our scripture like that to spread gossip about the nature of Jesus Christ. You maybe playing with your salvation.

Ah said:"What would make you think I reject that?"

Your words:
God manifested Himself as a human being,(Jesus Christ).
Fully Divine because he is in fact God.

As I said....you have been certified as dumb...you again proved it..

You are not answering my questions...Why are you rejecting the teaching of your religion that is supported by Scripture...

Clay said: DDDDdddddduuuuuhhhhhh

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Mnbvc 30,865
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Wardaddy99 987,315
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Berzerkers 286,543
Anthony Bragg 3 hr Eyes open Smh 29
SEALS vs. "Green Berets"...who would win? (Jan '08) 3 hr USSF 184
I LOVE my new LG V20 smartphone!!! 6 hr Doctor REALITY 5
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 hr Seentheotherside 619,790
More from around the web