Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 695772 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#442402 May 18, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in an open democracy in the Information Age.
I don't need delusions. I don't believe they are healthy for me or society.
Question: should America stop relying on the collective wisdom of the National Academy of Sciences 100%, or only stop listening to our top scientific organizations when reality conflicts with the faith of delusional fundies?
Sorry, your God is imaginary and you are proof.
___

Aint it a shame that God didn't have scientific organizations to tell Him how to create the universe....

Then they could have built it upon theory's, contingency... trial and error....such as those that that have destroyed an maimed many humans by their drugs such as thalidomide...that caused babies to be born with stubs for arms...

The universe would be in utter chaos....

Man has done a bang up job making monkeys out of themselves...and

currently they have reverted to behaving/living like dogs....

some even eating their off springs like brute sows....

Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#442403 May 18, 2013
Why don't we all join together and pray that Jesus shows the world his love and ends cancer in all humanity tomorrow?

Sounds silly doesn't it?

The question is why does it sound silly?

How about this prayer?

Dear Jesus, please grow back every lost limb of every amputee tomorrow.

It's silly because we claim that Jesus can do anything, but somehow, Jesus only does things that are considered within the realm of nature.

Ask Pat Robertson. Jesus only sends hurricanes against his enemies during hurricane season.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#442404 May 18, 2013
<quoted text>
So Mark Sanford wouldn't be running for office again in SC in the good old days.
Think how little of that original spirit of Christianity exists today.
The original Christianity was brutal. And it hasn't changed much today. Right-fighters pointing at each other as sinners and heretics, in the pretense that they do it in the attitude of love.

I don't know what love is, or if it even exists ... but I'm quite sure that it isn't dictatorial in the attitude, "Believe my way, or you will not be saved."
June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#442405 May 18, 2013
It's silly because we claim that Jesus can do anything, but somehow, Jesus only does things that are considered within the realm of nature.
The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

The Scientific Errors of Christ.

That Jesus Christ was neither a natural or moral philosopher is evident from the following facts :

I. He never made any use of the word “philosophy.”
2. He never gave utterance to the word science.
3. Never spoke of a natural law, or assigned a natural cause for anything. The fact that he never made use of these words now so current in all civilized countries, is evidence that he was totally ignorant of these important branches of knowledge, the cultivation of which is now known to be essential to the progress of civilization. And yet it is claimed his religion has been a great lever in the advancement of civilization. But this is a mistake—a solemn mistake, as elsewhere shown.(See Chap. XLV.)
4. Everything to Christ was miracle; everything was produced and controlled by the arbitrary power of an angry irascible God. He evidently had no idea of a ruling principle in nature or of the existence of natural law, as controlling any event he witnessed. Hence he set no bounds to anything, and recognized no limits to the possible. He believed God to be a supernatural personal being, who possessed unlimited power, and who ruled and controlled everything by his arbitrary will, without law or any limitation of its exercises. Hence he told his disciples they would have anything they prayed for in faith; that by faith they could roll mountains into the sea, or bring to a halt the rolling billows of the mighty deep. He evidently believed that the forked lightening, the out-bursting earth-shaking thunder, and the roaring, heaving volcano were but pliant tools or obsequious servants to the man of faith. And he displayed no less ignorance of the laws of mind than the laws of nature; thus proving him to have been neither a natural, moral, nor mental philosopher. He omitted to teach the great moral lessons learned by human experience, of which he was evidently ignorant.
5. He never taught that the practice of virtue contains its own rewards.
6. That the question of right and wrong of any action is to be decided by its effect upon the individual, or upon society.
7. That no life can be displeasing to God which is useful to man.
8. And he omitted to teach the most important lesson that can engage the attention of man, viz.: that the great purpose of life is self-improvement.

June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#442406 May 18, 2013
continued

9. That no person can attain or approximate to real happiness without bestowing a special attention to the cultivation and exercise of all the mental and physical faculties, so far as to keep them in a healthy condition. None of the important lessons above named are hinted at in his teachings, which if punctually observed, would do more to advance the happinees of the human race than all the sermons Christ or Chrishna ever preached, or ever taught.

10. And then he taught many doctrines which are plainly contradicted by the established principle of modern science, such as,-

11. Diseases being produced by demons, devils, or wicked spirits.(See Mark i X. 20)

12. His rebuking a fever discloses a similar lack of scientific knowledge (See Luke iV. 39.)

13. His belief in a literal hell and a lake of fire and brimstone (see Matt. Xviii. 8) is an ancient heathen superstition science knows nothing about, and has no use for.

14. His belief in a personal devil also (See Matt. Xvii. 88), which is another oriental tradition, furnishes more sad proof of an utter want of scientific knowledge, as science has no place for and no use for such a being.

The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

The Scientific Errors of Christ.

That Jesus Christ was neither a natural or moral philosopher is evident from the following facts :

15. Christ taught the unphilosophical doctrine of repentance, as he declared he “came to call sinners to repentance”(Matt. iX 13)—a mental process, which consists merely in a revival of early impressions, and often leads a person to condemn that which is right, as well as that which is wrong.

16. The doctrine of “forgiveness,” which Christ so often inculcated, is also at variance with the teachings of science, as it can do nothing toward changing the nature of the act forgiven, or toward canceling its previous effects upon society. Science teaches that every crime has its penalty attached to it, which no act of forgiveness, by God or man, can arrest or set aside.

17. But nothing evinces, perhaps, more clearly Christ’s total lack of scientific knowledge than his holding a man responsible for his belief, and condemning for disbelief, as he does in numerous instances (See Mark Xvi, 16), for a man could as easily control the circulation of the blood in his veins as control his belief. Science teaches that belief depends upon evidence, and without it, it is impossible to believe, and with it, it is impossible to disbelieve. How foolish and unphilosophical, therefore, to condemn for either belief or disbelief!

18. The numerous cases in which Christ speaks of the heart as being the seat of consciousness, instead of the brain, evinces a remarkable ignorance of the science of mental philosophy. He speaks of an "upright heart," "a pure heart,"&., when "an upright liver," "a pure liver," would be as sensible, as the latter has as much to do with the character as the former.

19. And the many cases in which he makes it meritorious to have a right “faith,” and places it above reason, and assumes it to be a voluntary act, shows his utter ignorance of the nature of the human mind.
June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#442407 May 18, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
___
Aint it a shame that God didn't have scientific organizations to tell Him how to create the universe....
Ain't it a shame that humans didn't have any scientific awareness of what caused floods, hurricanes, earthquakes, disease, crop failures, etc., so they took it upon their selves to create gods that they were certain were punishing them for bad behavior?

When people die from disease NOW, it falls in the realm of science. That wasn't the case a short time back in history.

We've come a long way to escape some of the religious nonsense ... but not far enough.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Catholic Encyclopedia > L > Leprosy

They were excluded from the church by a funeral Mass and a symbolic burial (Martène, "De Rit. ant., " III, x).

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/09182a.htm
Yahchanan

Union City, OK

#442408 May 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Satan control YOU???
She did when i was married to her.
June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#442409 May 18, 2013
As history proved again and again concerning theologians, imagination often "carried them away" ... in mind, albeit not in body.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Carlos Castaneda … The Art of Dreaming

He softened up then and remarked that it certainly would be infinitely safer for sorcerers to remain solely at the level of describing what they see, but that the temptation to conclude and explain, even if only to oneself, is far too great to resist.
June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#442410 May 18, 2013
Imagine going to a physician of today to be told that your disease was caused because you are filled with demons.

I'm sure that would go over big with most people.

Sarcasm intended
June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#442411 May 18, 2013
Now you know WHY the book is called "The Art of Dreaming."

I've never known a scientist that claimed of landing at the "end" of the universe.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Carlos Castaneda … The Art of Dreaming

“What exactly is the energy body?”

“It’s the counterpart of the physical body. A ghostlike configuration made of pure energy.”

“But isn’t the physical body also made out of energy?”

“Of course it is. The difference is that the energy body has only appearance but no mass. Since it’s pure energy, it can perform acts that are beyond the possibilities of the physical body.”

“Such as what for example, don Juan?”

“Such as transporting itself in one instant to the ends of the universe.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#442412 May 18, 2013
<quoted text>
They all seem the same to me -- self-righteous and delusional.
An apology and correction to my earlier post above.

Not all here seem self-righteous. There are some exceptions.

Thankfully, most christians do not reflect this board.

Most Catholic don't attend weekly Mass or care a hoot about the title of this board. Most Protestants don't believe they will be swept away from earth by God tomorrow.

Catholic, Protestant, Jew, Hindu, Muslim.... Fundamentalists are the minority.

#442413 May 18, 2013
who="Michael"
Catholics really believe their fathers sperm was really chosen by God for them to be born into a catholic family.
They don't give a damn about anyone but themselves. Just read the arrogance in the posts by the catholics on this forum.
Organized religion is the divider of mankind. Christianity during the past 2,000 has not brought humanity together, but instead driven a wedge between those enlightened and those not.

Change the word 'enlightened' to believer. Anything will divide the unbeliever and the believer...as it should.

KM

#442414 May 18, 2013
Why don't we all join together and pray that Jesus shows the world his love and ends cancer in all humanity tomorrow?
Sounds silly doesn't it?
The question is why does it sound silly?
How about this prayer?
Dear Jesus, please grow back every lost limb of every amputee tomorrow.
Ask Pat Robertson. Jesus only sends hurricanes against his enemies during hurricane season.
~~~

With all due respect I do not agree with Pat Robertson...

All god has to do with the evil here upon the earth...is do nothing,

and then the thief
devil and his adherence the unbelievers will do them selves in...

God does not violate the will of men...If people want to destroy themselves...He lets them do it...

He just step out of their way...The unbeliever is fair game for what ever the devil wants to do with them...

God has offered his best to them ...He sacrificed His only begotten son for their salvation....

If they refuse...

they have packed their lunch and at the appointed time they will eat what they put in it....

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#442415 May 18, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>how do you know? were you there to witness it? granted with the lack of corroborating evidence everything has to be taken with a grain of salt,but how do you explain archaeologists finding carvings,drawings of almost identical descriptions of alien looking beings in different parts of the world,and remembering the fact that these people did not know the other existed,scotland,france,south america,northern america,parts of asia,all these different places artifacts were found of strange looking people/creatures and objects that resemble flying machines,some look like the jets we use today,these artifacts were found thousands of years ago,way before i'm sure man even thought of flight. can you give a rational explanation?
I don't doubt it's all relative. They all put some of their personal theory in the picture. There seems to a nearly perfect line of the oldest civilizations of magnitude worldwide, and they were obviously connected...and all celestially oriented. More than likely a worldwide "earlier" civilization. Then those higher civilizations suddenly vanished...and we were back to throwing spears at animals to eat?
Nope. More to it than that.

#442416 May 18, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
With all due respect I do not agree with Pat Robertson...
All god has to do with the evil here upon the earth...is do nothing,
and then the thief
devil and his adherence the unbelievers will do them selves in...
God does not violate the will of men...If people want to destroy themselves...He lets them do it...
He just step out of their way...The unbeliever is fair game for what ever the devil wants to do with them...
God has offered his best to them ...He sacrificed His only begotten son for their salvation....
If they refuse...
they have packed their lunch and at the appointed time they will eat what they put in it....
~~~
(so called) Christians today., do not believe God....

The make it a point to come out against those that are being used of God in the way given in the Bible... that God worked through His disciples.

1Co 12:4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

1Co 12:5

1. And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.

1Co 12:6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

1Co 12:7 ---> But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

1Co 12:8 For to one is given by the Spirit

2.the word of wisdom;

3.to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

1Co 12:9

4.To another faith by the same Spirit;

5.to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

1Co 12:10

6.To another the working of miracles;

7.to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits;

8. to another divers kinds of tongues;

8.to another the interpretation of tongues:

9.1Co 12:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

1Co 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

---

The anemic formal churches work feverishly to discredit and destroy those that God uses in the gifts,

with many...If their power with/in God were dynamite
they would not have enough power to blow their noses.

______

2Ti 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2Ti 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

2Ti 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce,

--->despisers of those that are good,

2Ti 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

2Ti 3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

2Ti 3:9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.

2Ti 3:10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,

2Ti 3:11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.

2Ti 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

NOTE
2Ti 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

The apostle PAUL FURTHER WROTE

2Ti 3:14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

Location hidden

#442417 May 18, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't you just call the police in the first place??
If I believe your story
They held my family captive all that day(wouldn't allow them to exit the drive. They were called. and did nothing.
They wanted ME...well they got ME.
They won't do anything without a "case"(action). I gave them that "case". They wouldn't handle it so I did., and they didn't like the way I did. The terror and intimidation ended. I love my folks enough to die for them when and if it is necessary.
Someone wanted to know what "love" is...I told them.
I really don't care if you believe it or not.

#442418 May 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Imagine going to a physician of today to be told that your disease was caused because you are filled with demons.
I'm sure that would go over big with most people.
Sarcasm intended
~~~

Demon possession is not a medical problem...Why should a Medical Doctor

( unless He is a Mature Christian) have any Idea what the problem is?

It is quite evident that you would not recognize demon possession if you were exposed to a person that is possessed.

For you to spend an opinion about such possession ...is abject ignorance on your part...

My advice to you ... is....

In your present spiritual condition....

that..you...avoid the subject.

Lest you find your self in

more serious trouble than you already are.

#442421 May 18, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Demon possession is not a medical problem...Why should a Medical Doctor
( unless He is a Mature Christian) have any Idea what the problem is?
It is quite evident that you would not recognize demon possession if you were exposed to a person that is possessed.
For you to spend an opinion about such possession ...is abject ignorance on your part...
My advice to you ... is....
In your present spiritual condition....
that..you...avoid the subject.
Lest you find your self in
more serious trouble than you already are.
There is currently many in The insane institutions/asylums across the nation...that are demon possessed.

Some have sinned their DAY OF GRACE AWAY, HAVE BLASPHEMED THE HOLY GHOST

THEY WILL NEVER MAKE PEACE WITH GOD....

THEIR MINDS CAN NEVER BE AT PEACE...AND THEY CAN FIND NO PEACE WITH

THEMSELVES OR OTHERS...

Deu_32:35 ------ their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste.

Location hidden

#442422 May 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't attribute all cruelty to Pagans. I just emphasized that before the Christians started their churches, the Pagans were already burning other humans and non-human animals in the flames to appease the supposed gods.
As I can see from the words in your posts to me, you have the same reaction of anger as do the Christians on this forum, and yet you preach about knowing the meaning of love.
We all have hot-buttons and yours is lit up bright red ... so please don't give me that malarkey about early humans being atoned to love and that they came from space and were evolved to a god-like level of behavior.
From my perception, our ancestors were ape-like creators that were probably comparable to other animals in knowing nothing more than basic skills of survival.
My guess is, if circumstances were suitable, with the flash of a weapon, you could be a killer and so could I.
You are building strawman characters of anyone of your choosing and then attacking that strawman that YOU build June.
Here is a perfect example of it...
"We all have hot-buttons and yours is lit up bright red ... so please don't give me that malarkey about early humans being atoned to love and that they came from space and were evolved to a god-like level of behavior."
You are twisting every single answer anyone gives you to a question, building a strawman in your perversion of it, then setting it on fire.
That only leads me to believe you thrive on hate...and will stoop to any level to "push that button" to revel in it.
You keep going back to what I might do in a situation requiring me to kill another, and your concentration camp scenario.
I know (knew) quite a few folks-(good friends actually)and their families who never removed their arm tattoo ID numbers so as to never forget the atrocity. Two of them met in the camps and searched and each other out after the war and married. I myself was born in an Army camp in Regensburg.
Yes, I have killed.
No I don't wish to elaborate, so don't ask.
Does that satisfy your dig for information?
June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#442423 May 18, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
<quoted text>She did when i was married to her.
Why do you believe Satan would settle for you, when she could have her pick of all the other male demons on earth?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 25 min Maria 60,413
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Mogadore 993,853
Is America 'Mystery Babylon,' mentioned in the ... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 23
Sexual Desires: My wife pooping in my mouth (Aug '13) 2 hr KeepitDL 41
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 3 hr That Much Olde Sc... 2,506
Prove there is No God 5 hr Tellthetruth 7
Dem Livertard Are All Liars& Narcists 6 hr The One 3
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) Feb 19 Pimpy 23
More from around the web