Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,357
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Nov 08

usa

#441994 May 17, 2013
well ladies i'm sure you heard by now what you must do,make your home more sexy and alluring so that your man won't stray,so says PAT ROBERTSON.rotflmao,how can people be so dumb to fall for this stuff.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#441995 May 17, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
There are tons of other threads to choose from.
And you would rather that no one question the authority of your organization...correct?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#441996 May 17, 2013
disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Good so religion is not the factor. Men is.
Dan is slacking on correcting your grammar.

Oh wait, he only corrects me.

My bad.

:o)

Location hidden

#441997 May 17, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Source please?
I believe you may have posted the source already...it is "inquisition". Papal...

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#441998 May 17, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Just Sayin"
Why are you shouting? I'm sure you "personally disagree" with mormonism as well, yet you are probably not spending a lot of time puking up lies about them.
Why are you fixated on the CC?
Have you noticed that this is not a Mormon forum?
Mormons get their share too. Check out the forum http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/latter-da...

Location hidden

#441999 May 17, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
How easily can anyone gain access to your personal collection of books?
Aaaw yer danc'n now. There are severe restrictions and prerequisites to any and all availability to those archives....and you already know that or you wouldn't try to evade the answer.

Albuquerque, NM

#442000 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know that is true. I believe it is the element of familiarity and trust. That may develop into an element of live in some instances.
For instance, when I was very young, I had no "human" friends or playmates. I had a meadow in the woods where I spent a lot of my time(daily actually). My "friends" were wild animals, and we were a "family". Even buck, doe, and fox would lay down beside me and we played. It was a total trusting atmosphere, with no fear.
Interesting story and intriquing.

You are like a Dr. Doolittle!

;o)

*starts singing 'talk with the animals, walk with the animals...."

:o)

Location hidden

#442001 May 17, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
We were talking about the Gospel of Thomas, right? Jesus didn't write that. It's been dated 340 AD. The greek fragments are dated to between 130 and 250.
where are you getting this from an apologetic site?

Albuquerque, NM

#442002 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know that is true. I believe it is the element of familiarity and trust. That may develop into an element of live in some instances.
For instance, when I was very young, I had no "human" friends or playmates. I had a meadow in the woods where I spent a lot of my time(daily actually). My "friends" were wild animals, and we were a "family". Even buck, doe, and fox would lay down beside me and we played. It was a total trusting atmosphere, with no fear.
But for those who are taking notes....like I said - "This is still a mystery to me," - "I don't know".

Albuquerque, NM

#442003 May 17, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

So why do you believe men were accurate after they accumulated those certain texts in the NT?
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I don't understand your question?
In 325 CE at the Council of Nicea - 300+(approx 318) bishops gathered together to "talk Jesus".

The core canon would be established and 50 editions of this "bible" was created. From this point in time, things started to get real crazy - this dogma was heresy, or that person was a heretic, etc, etc, etc.....

In a nutshell, 300+ men chose the texts you deem are infallible.

"So why do you believe men were accurate after they accumulated those certain texts in the NT? "

Location hidden

#442004 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You might not be a paid preacher, but from what you post about knowing your self and other such theories, you believe you could lead others to a "spiritual" experience that they could hold of high value.
I don't believe religious theories equate to answers.
They don't!
If you follow other men, you can't ever attain personal experience or knowledge.
They may help point you to that end, but that is all.

Albuquerque, NM

#442005 May 17, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>

I can't wrap my head around the complete arrogance and stupidity of people like you, that have the gonads to go against the teachings of Jesus Christ and STILL refer to yourself as a 'Christian'.
You are exclaiming what others do, but you do the same.

Hmmmm....your arrogance is starting to show.

usa

#442006 May 17, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
That's so true.
If you don't mind, what kind of cancer do you have? Are you doing chemo?
I have colorectal cancer since 2006,i did the i.v. chemo and it didn't work i developed another small tumor right in the same area as the first one,but it was in a non-vital area,so it was easily removed,did more chemo,again failure, a tumor showed up right next to my kidney,it could not be removed,unless they take my kidney,so i have a stent in my kidney to help it drain out completely,they managed to kill the tumor using radiation treatments,and now i'm on a chemotherapy pill called xeloda, have been on it for about 2 yrs now and I've been cancer free since.very thankful for modern medicine.

usa

#442007 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Many cruel-minded theologians knew the benefits of religion to in turn motivate people to kill.
In America killing homosexuals is now against the law ... but in Thomas Jefferson's era ... homosexuals were still being put to death by the "Christian" law.
Although pope Benedict was against the death penalty, the death penalty is still written into the Catholic dogmas as the will of "god."
Religion is not beneficial to humankind. It goes against all the principals of kindness, as it turns people into right-fighting hogs in the want to clear whatever is perceived as blocking their paths to the promises of euphoria in a supposed hereafter.
religion is the number one killer in the world.churches should be closed,people practice their religion at home, and keep their beliefs to themselves and we'll have a better world.

Albuquerque, NM

#442008 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't!
If you follow other men, you can't ever attain personal experience or knowledge.
They may help point you to that end, but that is all.
You can repeat it all day long, but in the end, they will only continue to object and refute it, because they want to believe what men have told them.

Its that fear thing. It's hard for them to shake. Shoot - it took June 70 years.

Location hidden

#442009 May 17, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
The False Prophet will come from the Vatican. The Beast will likely come from the Islamic community. The airplane attacks on the twin towers convinced me of that,though I could be wrong.
Shut up stupid!

Have you pissed on any graves lately?

Albuquerque, NM

#442010 May 17, 2013
That is the difference. I'll recap a few of the beliefs we differ in:
a. Jesus didn't rise in bodily form
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm new here. So...who is saying Jesus didn't rise in bodily form and why? What exactly is being defined as "bodily form"?
Hi Sam. Thansk for stopping by and responding.

Uhm....my posts say that I differ from that of the Catholics - and many others, so that would be me.

But thanks for asking.

But before you post some long explanation on what you believe to be true, it probably has already been posted, so you would be redundant. If you want to respond, just condense it with bullets, to make it easier on everyone reading it, which would be a possible way to receive a response - if you were hoping for one.

I take it you believe Jesus rose in bodily form, meaning, his body was physical, and not spiritual. That is what Christianity believes, and based upon a previous post you made to another poster, it appears you are one of its followers.

Cheers!

usa

#442011 May 17, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
http://washington.cbslocal.com /2013/05/16/pope-blasts-global -financial-system-as-cult-of-m oney/
You can't make this stuff up.
Remember, the Vatican has one of the most problem ridden, secretive banks in the world.
So naturally, they want to tell the rest of us what's wrong with our financial systems.
Many people would call this hypocritical and delusional. To Catholics, it seems to appear normal.
But how?
Francis demanded Wednesday that financial and political leaders reform the global financial system to make it more ethical and concerned for the common good. He said:“Money has to serve, not to rule!”JETHRO:he's so full of it,if he wants money to serve? why doesn't he start passing out some of the billions they got stashed away in their 2 foot thick financial portfolio.funny how he wants others to do good but i noticed how he did not mention the catholic church needs to do more with their money than hoard it.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#442012 May 17, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>religion is the number one killer in the world.churches should be closed,people practice their religion at home, and keep their beliefs to themselves and we'll have a better world.
That would be a sad day. The Catholic Church did a lot to patron the arts. Think of all the music, architecture and art we would not have without the Catholic Church. What would great thinkers like Leonardo da Vinci have done without funding from the Catholic church? I think we would be living in a more primitive world if church had not existed as a gathering place and thinktank. True the church was selective with which thinkers it endorsed, but a great deal of good was funded by the church.

Location hidden

#442013 May 17, 2013
<quoted text>
One must be of academics or a "Postulator".
"Research in the Vatican Secret Archives is free of charge and open to qualified scholars conducting scientific studies. All researchers must hold a university degree (five-year course) or an equivalent university diploma. Clergymen must possess a licentiate degree or PhD."
http://www.luxinarcana.org/en/la-mostra/larch...
"Postulators working on sainthood causes may gain admission to the unopened archives if they need to research the life of the would-be saint.
Postulators cannot publish or divulge information gathered during these advance viewings of archival material, and for each visit they need permission from the Vatican secretary of state. For the church's saint makers, it's the ultimate background check."
http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/...
Hell, that's just to get a "card".And that's just the tip of the iceberg .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Aura Mytha 739,324
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 17 min Sameer 846
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 44 min MUQ1 36,882
Johnny of Wisconcin the Racist Peck - - w - - d 44 min Johnny 9
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 52 min Thinking 227,475
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 259,453
Sexual Orientation is NOT a Choice 1 hr Tony17 78
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Freda 95,485
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr mike 601,073
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr Le_le 173,681