Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,116
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#441933 May 17, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
too add....many religions have morals that have been proven to be very viable to oneself.
Maybe you could try pointing out for morals that you have in your attitude concerning religion, that I as an Atheist don't have in mine.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#441935 May 17, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Responding to what? I don't know what you're saying.
Are you canceling out the Divinity of Jesus Christ or promoting sola fide?
Ox, Christianity was not started because the Apostles handed out their writings and walked away. They already revealed the faith.
Its wholly irresponsible, bold, arrogant and foolish to think you guys uncovered 'the real Christianity' 2,000 yrs later.
If you want to know what Jesus Christ taught about His nature, then go to the early Church. Read their writings. The Catholic Church has not changed these teachings.
No need to act dumb....that has already been verified!!!

You cannot answer: By what reason do you reject the Catholic Encyclopedia teaching that Christ is the incarnate Son of God the redeemer of the human race...

Neither can you tell me why you reject this specific teaching in Scripture that supports the Catholic Encyclopedia teaching that Chris is the Son of God : John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

You are a typical Catholic...cannot face and admit the truth....even if it is supported by the Word of God and your own religion!!!!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#441936 May 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm.
The Philosopher King now resorts to profanity. Must be your higher sense of enlightenment, yes?
I'm fairly certain that I already knew that men actually wrote the Scriptures-thanks anyway.
You have "accepted" the men who authored the Gospel of Thomas, and that it's divinely inspired, else you wouldn't be insistent that my rejection of it is my not accepting the whole of Christ's teachings.
One side of the street or the other, NASL.
Oh Hi Anthony!

;o)

FYI - you are on one side of the street and I, on the other. I've crossed the street from your side, because I didn't find what I was looking for.

As for the side I am on, I'm noticing that many doors are opening.

And you know what else, not one of those doors, as I have seen, disallow anyone from entering. There are no hoops that need to be tried or jumped through, in order to pass through either.

It also looks as though all of your side's man-made "qualifers" are all strewn on the ground at your feet. Does one just need to pick one and then wait for some guy to accept them?
- the side I'm on - all are accepted.

Hmmmmm......sounds like my side of the street is a little bit more focused on its goal than yours.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#441937 May 17, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~

Their worship of Idols are obvious to every one on earth ...BUT THEM..
Same old CCC (Confrinting-Crock-of Crap (junk/trash) The ONLY PERSON that idol worship is so "vindictively and ignorantly obvious" to is YOU PERSONALLY! The other 1.169+ billion Catholics around the world are spiritually, biblically and reverently "grounded" in the TRUTH of Jesus Christ HIMSELF and His biblically and historically PROVEN One True Apostolic Catholic Church to believe ANY of your (trashy comments) The only thing that you are "grounded in" (of which you have consistently demonstrated to "everyone" on this forum) is heresy, lies, condemnation and judgement of the faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ of ALL other Christians on this forum (especially Catholics). You don't speak for God and "never will" until you come to true salvation, true faith and the true love of and in Jesus Christ--the Ecumentical Savior of the world. Until then Confrinting, your faith, your preaching. your Salvation and your ministry is SUSPECT!!!

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#441938 May 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Looks like evern after 70 years, you must've not picked up on any of them - especially those associated to "love".
Preaching ABOUT the meaning of love, does not mean that the preachers know the meaning of love.

I've met many preachers that preach about how to get to heaven and how to avoid hell, as though a god has placed a stamp on their foreheads that states ... "saved!

Silly stuff spews from the mouths of preachers, who belief that they are "all that" to their selves and therefore MUST be "all that" to a god.

I somehow doubt that if a creator exists, that the creator would be so easily fooled by worship from those who adore their own reflections that come back to them through words they glean from human-created literature.

Albuquerque, NM

#441939 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It would please you no end if if they would follow you though. Otherwise you would never use that term "leader."
Wrogn again. Hmmm....not getting the gold stars today, huh?

It was an anonymous name choice for many reasons.

a. I give credit to Edgar Cayce for the name.
b. I chose it solely, just to piss off people like you -*smiles*- oh and the Catholics too....*winks*....and whomever thinks that an anonymous login name is a catalyst to have people "follow" you.

You must still have that thorn in your side, which you must think came from me, huh?

In all truthfulness - I hope it stays there. It will remind you of me and my beliefs.

;o)

Albuquerque, NM

#441940 May 17, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened was the dude, Constantin von Tischendorf (archaelogist), found the Code Sinaiticus in the Monastery of St Catherine at Sinai. He asked the monks if he could keep the 129 leaves he found and was permitted to take only 1/3 of them. He deposited them in the Leizig University Library where they remain. The other portions remained at the monastery. Later, he revisited the monastery to get the remaining leaves but was not successful. Later other leaves of the codex were found in the monastery. long story. Over the years the whole thing has been found and put together and is now available online.
http://www.codex-sinaiticus.net/en/
aaaah....no "God" involved....gotcha.

Thanks for responding.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#441941 May 17, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
"The age of the universe is defined in physical cosmology as the time elapsed since the Big Bang. The best measurement of the age of the universe, as of 22 March 2013, is 13.798 0.037 billion years[1][2][3](4.354&#8201 ;&#8201;0.012 1017 seconds) within the Lambda-CDM concordance model.[4] The uncertainty of 37 million years has been obtained by the agreement of a number of scientific research projects, such as microwave background radiation measurements by the Planck satellite, the Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe and other probes. Measurements of the cosmic background radiation give the cooling time of the universe since the Big Bang,[4] and measurements of the expansion rate of the universe can be used to calculate its approximate age by extrapolating backwards in time."
1. Planck collaboration (2013). "Planck 2013 results. I. Overview of products and scientific results". Submitted to Astronomy & Astrophysics. arXiv:1303.5062.
2. Bennett, C.L.; Larson, L.; Weiland, J.L.; Jarosk, N.; Hinshaw, N.; Odegard, N.; Smith, K.M.; Hill, R.S.; Gold, B.; Halpern, M.; Komatsu, E.; Nolta, M.R.; Page, L.(December 20, 2012). Nine-Year Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe (WMAP) Observations: Final Maps and Results. arXiv:1212.5225. Retrieved January 1, 2013.
3. Short scale usage, i.e., 13.798 thousand million.
4. "Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation". History of Cosmology. British Broadcasting Co. UK. Retrieved 2011-03-09.
313 311 309

Neither you nor science can answer: In what year/month and on what day did this happen...per science: In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.....

No answer....so much for science!!!!!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#441942 May 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Not really, I jsut wanted to express my thoughts - more directly - because you can;t seem to grasp them in the other formats I've expressed.
I can see it caught your attention, without any formible response to refute it.
Not very knowledgeable is all I've gleened from you.
You'll have to provide at least one post that shows you really are a Catholic. So far, you are a heretic, just like you have applied upon me.
Typical Catholic.
It's "formidable" and "gleaned", since we're speaking of "not very knowledgeable".
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#441943 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Preaching ABOUT the meaning of love, does not mean that the preachers know the meaning of love.
I've met many preachers that preach about how to get to heaven and how to avoid hell, as though a god has placed a stamp on their foreheads that states ... "saved!
Silly stuff spews from the mouths of preachers, who belief that they are "all that" to their selves and therefore MUST be "all that" to a god.
I somehow doubt that if a creator exists, that the creator would be so easily fooled by worship from those who adore their own reflections that come back to them through words they glean from human-created literature.
Out on a bender huh?
Well its nice to see the posters on this thread are wise to your little tricks.

Albuquerque, NM

#441944 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good...
Now tell me how easily anyone can gain access to "any" of the archives...or copy any material.
One must be of academics or a "Postulator".

"Research in the Vatican Secret Archives is free of charge and open to qualified scholars conducting scientific studies. All researchers must hold a university degree (five-year course) or an equivalent university diploma. Clergymen must possess a licentiate degree or PhD."
http://www.luxinarcana.org/en/la-mostra/larch...

"Postulators working on sainthood causes may gain admission to the unopened archives if they need to research the life of the would-be saint.

Postulators cannot publish or divulge information gathered during these advance viewings of archival material, and for each visit they need permission from the Vatican secretary of state. For the church's saint makers, it's the ultimate background check."
http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/...
Clay

United States

#441945 May 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to act dumb....that has already been verified!!!
You cannot answer: By what reason do you reject the Catholic Encyclopedia teaching that Christ is the incarnate Son of God the redeemer of the human race...
Neither can you tell me why you reject this specific teaching in Scripture that supports the Catholic Encyclopedia teaching that Chris is the Son of God : John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
You are a typical Catholic...cannot face and admit the truth....even if it is supported by the Word of God and your own religion!!!!
What would make you think I reject that?
Christ IS the Son of God. But God isn't an old guy with a white beard. He's the light, love, mercy; name any adjective that describes perfection and wonder. God manifested Himself as a human being,(Jesus Christ). Fully Divine because he is in fact God.
But you already know all of this. You're just toying with sacred scripture to be cute. If I was you, I wouldn't get into the business of messing with our scripture like that to spread gossip about the nature of Jesus Christ. You maybe playing with your salvation.

Albuquerque, NM

#441946 May 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
Post #441893
"Correct, I have used other men and their theories to formulate my belief. "
So, your point is really "OK for me, but not for thee".
Did I get that right?

New Age writes:
No - I just didn't stop with the men you religion chose to end with.

That is the difference that you refuse to acknowledge.

With you dwelling on what "I do" only goies to show you KNOW that what I do is more than what you ever have done.

Live with it, you aren't a so-called "Christian" per your own standards.

Albuquerque, NM

#441947 May 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops.
Carry on.
I did.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#441948 May 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh Hi Anthony!
;o)
FYI - you are on one side of the street and I, on the other. I've crossed the street from your side, because I didn't find what I was looking for.
As for the side I am on, I'm noticing that many doors are opening.
And you know what else, not one of those doors, as I have seen, disallow anyone from entering. There are no hoops that need to be tried or jumped through, in order to pass through either.
It also looks as though all of your side's man-made "qualifers" are all strewn on the ground at your feet. Does one just need to pick one and then wait for some guy to accept them?
- the side I'm on - all are accepted.
Hmmmmm......sounds like my side of the street is a little bit more focused on its goal than yours.
While you contort to pat yourself on the back, I notice that you avoided responding.

No matter the deficiencies you find with what I use to inform my beliefs or how I use it, the mechanics are the same as yours.

You take what man has written to inform your beliefs, same as I do. You certainly ascribe some aspect of Christ to what you have absorbed, as you continually argue that it reflects "what Jesus teaches". I do likewise.

Somehow, your methodology is superior to mine, although you take great pains here to avoid telling me why it's A.) better and/or B.) different.

Albuquerque, NM

#441949 May 17, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
We were talking about the Gospel of Thomas, right? Jesus didn't write that. It's been dated 340 AD. The greek fragments are dated to between 130 and 250.
Jesus didn't write any of the texts in the NT, but you believe those.

Confused on what texts were written or by whom?

We've already gone over this and was recent. Look back a few pages for the answer.

Albuquerque, NM

#441950 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess that throws "trinity" under the bus then. Divinity was argued for about 400 years until they finally came up with a solid doctrine on it.
These facts they don't include, because they know it affects their belief.

Honesty is not strong with this one.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#441951 May 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
Post #441893
"Correct, I have used other men and their theories to formulate my belief. "
So, your point is really "OK for me, but not for thee".
Did I get that right?
New Age writes:
No - I just didn't stop with the men you religion chose to end with.
That is the difference that you refuse to acknowledge.
With you dwelling on what "I do" only goies to show you KNOW that what I do is more than what you ever have done.
Live with it, you aren't a so-called "Christian" per your own standards.
I have acknowledged, on several occasions I'm sure, that our sources differ concerning the gospels and sourcing of same.

The "difference" you insist upon isn't a substantive difference. You relying on more men's writings than I rely upon is you, still, relying upon men's writings to inform your faith.

The actual "difference" here between us is that I don't pretend that I don't it and hope you won't notice.

Albuquerque, NM

#441952 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You might not be a paid preacher, but from what you post about knowing your self and other such theories, you believe you could lead others to a "spiritual" experience that they could hold of high value.
I don't believe religious theories equate to answers.
Is that what you believe I am doing?

Okay - so be it. It is from now on - from this moment on. I'm going to be a "preacher", even though I don't have the first clue on how to be one. But just because you seem to want it to be this way - I'm going to change.

Okay?

"I don't believe religious theories equate to answers."
- that's because you were part of religion for so long, they removed your sense of logic and reason, and exclaimed that noone should "seek" the truth because they had it in their possession.

Sounds to me that what you had accepted - what they told you for 70 years - hook, line and sinker, but now you, yes your Self - is "screaming" for the answers you found to be false.
- you'll won't get those answers here....but alas you seem to think you can.
- Just couldn't stand NOT LEAVING religion, huh?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#441953 May 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I have acknowledged, on several occasions I'm sure, that our sources differ concerning the gospels and sourcing of same.
The "difference" you insist upon isn't a substantive difference. You relying on more men's writings than I rely upon is you, still, relying upon men's writings to inform your faith.
The actual "difference" here between us is that I don't pretend that I don't it and hope you won't notice.
Correction:

"....I don't pretend that I don't do it..."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Lumajuice 777,299
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min His Eminency dr S... 605,251
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 min Rosa_Winkel 96,830
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 24 min _Bad Company 1,920
Gay snapchat names 58 min gn2k14 161
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 59 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 4,813
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr YellowPissreality 265,362
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Roberta G 175,772
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 hr Lumajuice 441,807
More from around the web