Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 550,613
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Dan

Omaha, NE

#441909 May 17, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
This is true - decisions by men to decide what beliefs other men are to believe.
You fell for it.
Bummer.
You should've believed Jesus instead.
<quoted text>
Correction to your little treatise here.
I haven't accepted the men you have. In fact I dispute that they were indeed inspired by "God" to choose which books were to be accepted as a belief.
This is where we separate you from me. I am honest that men wrote these texts - not "God".
What other bullshit excuses you got?
Hmmm.

The Philosopher King now resorts to profanity. Must be your higher sense of enlightenment, yes?

I'm fairly certain that I already knew that men actually wrote the Scriptures-thanks anyway.

You have "accepted" the men who authored the Gospel of Thomas, and that it's divinely inspired, else you wouldn't be insistent that my rejection of it is my not accepting the whole of Christ's teachings.

One side of the street or the other, NASL.

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#441910 May 17, 2013
<quoted text>
I haven't asked anyone to follow me.
Strike two.
It would please you no end if if they would follow you though. Otherwise you would never use that term "leader."
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#441911 May 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Really?
Do you mean "God" changed it, so it could be accurate.....or in truth, men did?
Well?
What happened was the dude, Constantin von Tischendorf (archaelogist), found the Code Sinaiticus in the Monastery of St Catherine at Sinai. He asked the monks if he could keep the 129 leaves he found and was permitted to take only 1/3 of them. He deposited them in the Leizig University Library where they remain. The other portions remained at the monastery. Later, he revisited the monastery to get the remaining leaves but was not successful. Later other leaves of the codex were found in the monastery. long story. Over the years the whole thing has been found and put together and is now available online.

http://www.codex-sinaiticus.net/en/

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#441912 May 17, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
The use of the word "secret" in the title "Vatican Secret Archives" does not denote the modern meaning of confidentiality. Its meaning is closer to that of the word "private", indicating that the archives are the Pope's personal property, not belonging to those of any particular department of the Roman Curia or the Holy See.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatican_Secret_A...
Very good...

Now tell me how easily anyone can gain access to "any" of the archives...or copy any material.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#441913 May 17, 2013
This is true - decisions by men to decide what beliefs other men are to believe.
You fell for it.
Bummer.
You should've believed Jesus instead.
<quoted text>
Correction to your little treatise here.
I haven't accepted the men you have. In fact I dispute that they were indeed inspired by "God" to choose which books were to be accepted as a belief.
This is where we separate you from me. I am honest that men wrote these texts - not "God".
What other bullshit excuses you got?
Post #441893

"Correct, I have used other men and their theories to formulate my belief. "

So, your point is really "OK for me, but not for thee".

Did I get that right?

Fraser Lake, Canada

#441914 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
History.
Do you know that the "inquisition" is still sanctioned today?
If it isn't, it means that the god that especially serves Catholics has changed his mind and now believes that heretics and witches should no longer be put to death ... as he once commanded was the case ... according to the popes.

It seems that many Christians are now trying to make GOD-heavy into some type of GOD-lite.

He used to be a mean son of a b*tch, and now they are trying to make him over into a divine guiding LIGHT, while at the same time they preach of the punishment of hell.

Ridiculous blather.

Location hidden

#441915 May 17, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
the blind leading the blind and both falling into the pit of darkness is kinda funny to watch if it weren't so sad and critical....
Are you an adult?
Shouldn't your remarks have "black laced stockings" included in it or something?
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#441916 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, observe how you move people to follow your lead, and then you can give me advise.
I suggest that you alienate others with your "leadership" attitude.
People don't like braggarts unless it's them and those who believe as they believe.
I don't know if life continues after death ... but I know that if other forms of life are not special to a creator, I don't want to be special either.
Believe me your not special.

Location hidden

#441917 May 17, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
don't know don't care. Jesus sent The Spirit of Truth to those who obey Him and that's why you can't hang with me on discussions about spiritual matters.
just repent and receive and you can have Him too!
Then I must ask you too.

Just "exactly what is this "spirit of truth"?

You couldn't hang with a snail asswup!
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#441918 May 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Jesus would have known of the old prohecies.
Yes, of course.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#441919 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps it's the topic of the thread?
There are tons of other threads to choose from.

Location hidden

#441920 May 17, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
So, it was deemed heretical the the CC. Why are you angry about that?
Jesus was a heretic?

Is that what you are saying?

Remember...he is the core(supposed to be) of your religion.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#441921 May 17, 2013
According to the Christian law of the day, god "believed" it was aligned to his will to kill a woman ... just not her fetus.

Crazy people!!!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Abortion and the ways we value human life, by Jeffrey H. Reiman.

In his Commentaries on the Laws of England, published in 1765, Blackstone pointed out that where a pregnant woman convicted of a capital offense,“pleaded her pregnancy,” the judge would ask “a jury of twelve matrons or discreet women” to determine the state of the pregnancy.“[I]f they [brought] in their verdict quick with child, for (barely with child, unless it be alive in the womb,[was] not sufficient),” her execution would be delayed until she gave birth.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#441922 May 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Post #441893
"Correct, I have used other men and their theories to formulate my belief. "
So, your point is really "OK for me, but not for thee".
Did I get that right?
Oops.
Carry on.

Location hidden

#441923 May 17, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU (and other antichrist's like you) are defending and promoting these documents. nuff said!;)
I see.

You do not like the words of Jesus...especially the ones that condemn your wicked behavior HUH?
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#441924 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
History.
Do you know that the "inquisition" is still sanctioned today?
Source please?
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#441925 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good...
Now tell me how easily anyone can gain access to "any" of the archives...or copy any material.
How easily can anyone gain access to your personal collection of books?
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#441926 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was a heretic?
Is that what you are saying?
Remember...he is the core(supposed to be) of your religion.
We were talking about the Gospel of Thomas, right? Jesus didn't write that. It's been dated 340 AD. The greek fragments are dated to between 130 and 250.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#441927 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I ask a lot of questions of all preachers.
If you believe that you are spiritual, do you also believe that (for instance) mosquitoes and the cells that keep our bodies functioning are "spiritual?"
Strike three.

I'm not a preacher.

And I already answered your "animal spirit" question.

Maybe you should talk with a Hindu to get more information, as they believe a person's spirit can become an animal after they died.

*shrugs*

I've never met any mosquitos I didn't squish that was able to answer this question.

Sorry I can't help you. Maybe one of the Catholics have an answer for you.

Location hidden

#441928 May 17, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
A work does not have to be inspired to be valid, however, it's validity rests on the fact that it is free of doctrinal or moral error, that it does not contradict or change in any way that which *is* inspired (scripture). Canonicity was determined largely by comparing the texts to that which the Church had always taught (the Apostolic faith/Tradition). GoThomas does not qualify in either case.
I guess that throws "trinity" under the bus then. Divinity was argued for about 400 years until they finally came up with a solid doctrine on it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 min waaasssuuup 441,481
how long after taking the Vivitrol shot can i f... (Nov '12) 3 min nicolee543 61
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 4 min RFD 3,784
little boobs 4 min paul 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min Charlie Sheen 262,045
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 min Innocent Holy dr ... 602,732
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min Catcher1 753,382
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 22 min pk pk 122
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Catcher1 174,521

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE